• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

EujuOIb.png

^^

Week Months of hell coming up :(

torontonians, I seek your wisdom. A friend of mine wants to go to the oktoberfest in waterloo, and I was curious if anyone had gone and could give me some insights.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
stubhub it

and holy crap, went out to get groceries and I'm not going back out today. Staying glued to my fan. Fuck you, humidity. =(
I had to go into work yesterday for a shut down and change over and it was horrible. On the bright side, I made enough in one 12-hour shift of double time to pay for almost my entire E3 pre-order (not counting the extra PS4). I didn't go outside today and don't plan to.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Air conditioning is great. If you have it. Which I don't. And I don't think I can afford it right now. :'(

I'll be in front of my fan.
Not even a cheap unit??? I see the mini ones are 300 at home depot and I'm sure there are even cheaper ones. Me, I may retreat to the basement where it is always nice and chilly there, but...I need a bug zapper down there...

Man my Presto card has been all sorts of fucked up since the upgrade at the start of the month. I added $10 the day after the upgrades went live and somehow my balance read $40 when I took the bus instead of $10. So I got a free $30 from somewhere. Ok that's cool. Then there was like 2-3 times the past few weeks when I'd tap on and it'd beep (this is Brampton transit BTW) and next day find out the my balance didn't go down. The past 3 weeks I've probably got $50 out of that $10 charge. I even called Presto the day after I noticed my balance was $40 instead of $10 and she said it is probably the systems being fucky after the upgrade and they said it will correct itself in a day. Didn't happen.

So now I put $10 on my card Saturday because my balance is low and I need to get to work tomorrow morning and I'm praying my balance got updated. Won't find out till I try tapping on in the morn. Bringing change just in case. I didn't receive an email notification like I usually do after putting money on my card. I think my card is fucked somehow after the upgrade.

Anyone else have issues after the upgrade?

Sober

Fuck mosquitos. Good thing I was drinking though, I think I got it drunk because I easily slapped that stupid motherfucker dead. She bit me though, itches like hell since I hadn't been bit last summer at the very least.

Also there is a new exhibit at the ROM. Mesopotamia. GAF meetup at the ROM?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I know today's going to be fucking hot, but I'm craving some Pho.
You may want to try the Korean 'equivalent' which is a cold noodle soup dish that is slightly spicy and slightly sour. I don't recall how much meet was in there, but you can have it without sweatin bullets.

Dyno

Got all my field work done for the day. Probably sweat out a couple pints! I hope not more work comes down the pipe and I can just do stuff in the office.

explodet

You may want to try the Korean 'equivalent' which is a cold noodle soup dish that is slightly spicy and slightly sour. I don't recall how much meet was in there, but you can have it without sweatin bullets.
Naengmyeon!

You're not going to get a lot of meat out of it, but it certainly is refreshing. Had some this weekend.

Quick

Banned

Naengmyeon!

You're not going to get a lot of meat out of it, but it certainly is refreshing. Had some this weekend.

Cold noodle soup? That actually sounds intriguing.

But I just had pho. Craving satisfied. :D

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Korean cold noodles does sound good right now. Cho Sun Ok is gonna have a huge lineup though.

Quadratic

Korean cold noodles does sound good right now. Cho Sun Ok is gonna have a huge lineup though.

Dumpling King in Chinatown has Shandong cold noodles which were good. Went really well with the cucumber salad on the menu. It's that time of year folks.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Dumpling King in Chinatown has Shandong cold noodles which were good. Went really well with the cucumber salad on the menu. It's that time of year folks.

I wish the dumpling king where I am served that too. Would be so good today

krae_man

Oh snap, I just remembered it's $10 large specialty pizza day at Toppers today and tomorrow.

Gonna grab a 10 topper on the way home from work!

Top Bottom