• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Willectro

Banned
Yeah I found that page too. It was mentioned in my lease and it's a monthly charge so everything looks like it's on the up and up.

I wish I could pay a flat rate of $30 extra per month for unlimited AC. I'm worried what my hydro is going to cost this summer.

Lexxism

Wow. An extra $30 for unlimited aircon use. Good thing my apartment doesn't charge any extra and we can use unlimited hydro.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh...another few days of this bullshit and I got a 4 day holiday...

Maybe I'll get a BBQ going. You non Asians have Vietnamese BBQ before? If there's one thing I like more than Korean BBQ, it's Vietnamese BBQ.

Rinoa

I wouldn't mind hot weather if it wasn't so muggy and thunderstorms/random rain. I hate having to dress for possible rain and bringing umbrellas when it don't rain.

Not looking forward to possible blackouts/flooding errwher.

Hieberrr

I wouldn't mind hot weather if it wasn't so muggy and thunderstorms/random rain. I hate having to dress for possible rain and bringing umbrellas when it don't rain.

Not looking forward to possible blackouts/flooding errwher.

Flooding? C'mon son, don't talk shenanigans like that.

Good morning, have a Cheetah

6321_10101321795658190_456034670_n.jpg

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
UGH this heat. I walk out of my office and am assaulted by a wall of heat.

And it's terrible trying to sleep at night.

#teamiwishihadairconditioning

Roto13

I did laundry and then went to the bank today (ACROSS THE STREET) and when I came back I was so sweaty I had to take a shower. :(

There are days when I want the stereotypical Canadian experience (living in an igloo, driving a dogsled, snow for miles) to be true.

This week has been full of them.

Showering only to arrive at work as doused in sweat and grime as when I woke is disgusting. I did not sign up for this.

Eff it, I'm moving to Iqaluit.

Sober

I swear it was a dry heat for all of 5 minutes today. I went out to Tim Hortons to buy lunch, came out and it was humid as hell all over again.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There are days when I want the stereotypical Canadian experience (living in an igloo, driving a dogsled, snow for miles) to be true.

This week has been full of them.

Showering only to arrive at work as doused in sweat and grime as when I woke is disgusting. I did not sign up for this.

Eff it, I'm moving to Iqaluit.
Reminds me of my two months in HK. Got off bus, put stuff away and sweat like hell. Hop in shower to wash the sweat off and before I make it back to my room I'm sweating again and turn around for another shower. :(

#Teamtemperateweatherforallseasons
This isn't even my final form lol
He...does sort of resemble Buu there...

Azih

Sort of?

Anyhoo, John Tory wants to run again. Tory and Chow could split badly allowing Ford to coast to re-election :(.

Personally I'd like Chow to stay in fed politics. She'd be a great mayor sure, but she's a great champion for the city at the federal level and I'd be perfectly fine with John Tory as mayor instead.

Plus Tory has appeal both downtown and in the suburubs. We need a bit of that at this point. The polarisation is ridiculous and harmful.

Tory couldn't win an election even if the only other candidate was a llama. Ford Nation is unsalvageable/beyond help so he's only going to split the non-Ford vote.

/cynical

Azih

yeah. i dont think those who would vote Chow would also vote Tory.

Voters aren't all that ideological. Their first and second choices veer like crazy on the political spectrum. Plus there's a polarised Anyone But Ford vs FORD NATION thing going on.

Let's say 35% are going to vote for Ford no matter what. If Chow/Tory go 33/32 then there you go. Ford is back.

Head to head Ford loses to either Tory or Chow. More than that and splits could go in any direction.

Oppo

Yeah i can't see a Tory/Chow split either. Maybe the suburbs would be split between Tory and Ford but not downtown, that'll be all Chow.

thabiz

Yeah i can't see a Tory/Chow split either. Maybe the suburbs would be split between Tory and Ford but not downtown, that'll be all Chow.

chow will destroy anyone in the core. Tory was narrowly defeated in 03. is he still going to get the same support with Ford in the running? I think Tory would be a non factor. he wont get the core vote, and the burbs will probably still vote Ford. it will be joey pants all over again.

explodet

I think I'm about to get sick, a co-worker had a sick toddler, and for some reason illnesses incubate differently in kids and turn into a biblical-tier plague.

I do NOT need this so close to the long weekend. Not to mention so early in summer.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I should report on the results of my farmshare experiment where I signed up to Freshcity to get 30 dollars of fruits and veggies delivered to me biweekly.

It kind of sucked

The volume of produce you get from this at most 15 dollars worth I think. Plus everything was tiny and not that great. It came with one eggplant the size of a small cup. What am I supposed to do with this? There were some greens which I don't really like (that's a personal preference thing though) and they were really dirty. I wish they took the time to wash things because I dig find a bug in there.

So yeah, probably won't try this again.

cbox

I think I'm about to get sick, a co-worker had a sick toddler, and for some reason illnesses incubate differently in kids and turn into a biblical-tier plague.

I do NOT need this so close to the long weekend. Not to mention so early in summer.

3 People came into my office sick today with various forms of sicknesses. 2 days before the long weekend. :(

Roto13

I should report on the results of my farmshare experiment where I signed up to Freshcity to get 30 dollars of fruits and veggies delivered to me biweekly.

It kind of sucked

The volume of produce you get from this at most 15 dollars worth I think. Plus everything was tiny and not that great. It came with one eggplant the size of a small cup. What am I supposed to do with this? There were some greens which I don't really like (that's a personal preference thing though) and they were really dirty. I wish they took the time to wash things because I dig find a bug in there.

Yeah, I kind of figured it would be like that. Basically something to make hipsters feel good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

It kind of sucked

Didn't it make you feel good? Paying extra for lower quantity and quality?

Where is this place? And give us some feed back when you're done. Always looking for a new spot to try here...unless they make bad burgers
They are IMO the best Shawarma Place in GTA. Always packed and open late. I've never ordered personally but (privilege of having a younger bro) its always good.

I know two locations; Streetsville and Brampton. I'm sure there are more. They have seats but takeout is what I prefer.

Its pretty comparable to Doner Kebab in Downtown Toronto (next to Zanzibar) but Osmow's quality is awesome. I'll take a few photos for the curious ones lol.

Edit: Try their "Chicken on the Rocks" Plate. They're open till two on Fridays and Saturdays.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
They are IMO the best Shawarma Place in GTA. Always packed and open late. I've never ordered personally but its always good.

I know two locations; Streetsville and Brampton. I'm sure there are more. They have seats but takeout is what I prefer.

Its pretty comparable to Doner Kebab in Downtown Toronto (next to Zanzibar) but Osmow's quality is awesome. I'll take a few photos for the curious ones lol.
Best shawarma in Toronto?! Dems fightin words.

Top Bottom