• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

jl4855

I'm currently in the process of buying a condo in Toronto. Kind of stressed right now. I just met with my realtor today and he seems to be a stand up guy actually outlining his fiduciary duties. It's a large step going into home ownership and I'm nervous.

I have a modest down payment and a hard ceiling I don't want to cross and become "house poor".

Anyone been through the real estate game in the GTA recently and can share their experience? I've been a born and raised "east ender" Possibly moving west of Dufferin is both an exciting and scary proposition.

take your time find something you like. don't jump in unless you're sure you're sure. that being said, don't try to time the market by waiting for a lull or drop. buy what you need and what you can afford when you need it. if you need it now, buy now, if you don't, then wait.

I'll just post zoo pics again

181204_10101321793093330_1238309133_n.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Let's reinvigorate this thread with an annual poll on what the best Burger joint in the city is

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well I guess we can go back to talking about Animal Crossing

I have an extra 1up mushroom and Midna Mask if anyone wants them :p

Quadratic

Is anyone is still playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? A coworker mentioned that there's a group of hunters playing at A&C games on Thursdays. I think I'm going to drop by one week. Probably a good chance to grab some puzzle pieces and visit animal crossing towns.

zroid

Banned
Yay, got my RC gift cards in the mail yesterday~

will probably go on my birthday again, to get the free slice of cake :p

Roto13

added_time's ban is self imposed because he wants to stop being a lame internet person.

He still loves you all and you can contact him through Steam if you want. His Steam ID is torontoDowntown. Also he might lurk around and show up unexpectedly at the meetups.

zorbsie

Is anyone going to this Torontaru get together? Saw one of the Capy guys talking about it. Not sure if it's industry only, but it seems open to everyone. Here is the facebook link.

Quick

Banned
So tell us about your trip back to the 'motherland'

And fucktherain!

Well, it rained a lot. It was also very hot and humid. I'm glad to be back because at least it's much cooler here.

I picked up some sweets. Specifically, different flavoured Kit Kats (Green Tea!).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it rained a lot. It was also very hot and humid. I'm glad to be back because at least it's much cooler here.

I picked up some sweets. Specifically, different flavoured Kit Kats (Green Tea!).
You can still get those at Pacific Mall ya know. Got some 3 weeks ago. Asian humid weather is pretty shite from what I remember. I was in HK for a summer course.... :(

humidity is going to be crazy for the next couple of days.
I'll be in an intensely cooled office :D. Sometimes it's too cold! I remember once the AC went down and they sent us home. The shit law office I worked at also had the same problem and all they did was give them cheap ice cream.

Sober

How much are the green tea kit kats? Because at T&T they are like 8 bucks.

My uncle who works in Japan is visiting and he brought some, said it was like about 3 bucks (in yen) over there.

thabiz

I'll be in an intensely cooled office :D. Sometimes it's too cold! I remember once the AC went down and they sent us home. The shit law office I worked at also had the same problem and all they did was give them cheap ice cream.

I hate when they crank it up. everyone gets sick. its funny when its 35 outside, and inside everyone has a sweater on.

KJA

My uncle who works in Japan is visiting and he brought some, said it was like about 3 bucks (in yen) over there.

The twelve-pack green tea kit kats typically range from $5 to $8 over here. I went to a Japanese supermarket in New Jersey called "Mitsuwa" and it was roughly around $6.

It'll definitely be cheaper in Japan but you're mostly just paying for the price of having it imported over here.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

8 bucks...for a bar or a bag of mini kit kats? o_O
I hate when they crank it up. everyone gets sick. its funny when its 35 outside, and inside everyone has a sweater on.
That is HK style there.

Quick

Banned
You can still get those at Pacific Mall ya know. Got some 3 weeks ago. Asian humid weather is pretty shite from what I remember. I was in HK for a summer course.... :(

I know, but I saw the store and I couldn't resist. And it was probably slightly cheaper than what they're being peddled for in Pacific Mall.

thabiz

I have no idea whats going on, but the amount of sirens im hearing tonight is absolutely insane. pretty much non stop for the last 20 minutes. unreal.

edit. and there they go again. this is nuts. I live down the street from one of the busiest firehalls in the country, but this is crazy.

Top Bottom