• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

daemonic

Banned
Yes, because that is verbatim what I said before. The hive mind here is more prevalent than any other thread on GAF. I'm sorry I'm not extreme left like many here. I just think many have jumped on the "let's hate the fat guy because it's cool" bandwagon. I'm not saying Ford is perfect (if I have, retract that), but he isn't the menace that he is made out to be.

I'm not sure why exactly you feel that way when you were presented with a number of facts from several different posters about Ford and his disreputable manner. Has nothing to do with jumping on a bandwagon.

Willectro

Banned
It's the "victim" card. A distraction from the facts.

"Poor Robbie. Everyone's picking on him because he's fat. Give him some sympathy guys, he's just looking out for the kids."

Dude, you called him a "dumb bully". I can't even take anything you say seriously after that.

Stet

Banned
I hate fat people, but it's a different kind of hate. Sometimes I think about making a scale of hatred like the Schmidt Sting Pain Index.

My hatred of Rob Ford is a fiery, angry hate that spreads to the people around him. It's a burnt chicken kind of hate, and it can only be described as when you bite into something you expect to be soft and pliable but ends up crunchy and gritty.

My hatred of fat people is a fruity hate. A silly, smiley hatred like when you eat a fruit pickle when you expected a dill.

Dude, you called him a "dumb bully". I can't even take anything you say seriously after that.

Which is why you ignored every single thing everyone has said on the past couple of pages to back that up.

I swear, in Ford Nation's eyes he may as well be Glorious and Revered Leader Kim Jong Ford.

LjEKr.jpg

The solution is to let Ford finish his term to avoid pissing away millions. Ford should be fined for the "Conflict of Interest" and be forced to repay the City of Toronto for the $3100 or whatever it was. Solved.

Rob ford was ordered to return the 3100. He chose not to do so. Ford cannot be fined for violating the conflict of interest act. The remedies for violations of the conflict of interest act are outlined in the act itself.

Edit: Nevermind, it appears willielectro ignores posts that demonstrate his position is incorrect.

Willectro

Banned
Which is why you ignored every single thing everyone has said on the past couple of pages to back that up.

Wrong, but I can't reply to all the commie posts here. Also, that image looks more like LRT than subway.

On the Gravy Trains website.

The "joke" in that letter is ruined by the fact that Ford has not (and will not) leave office. Although, who cares what some winos, who are hopelessly trying to crowd fund a glorified Poutine restaurant in a city that already has many better alternatives, have to say.

thabiz

Wrong, but I can't reply to all the commie posts here. Also, that image looks more like LRT than subway.

The "joke" in that letter is ruined by the fact that Ford has not (and will not) leave office. Although, who cares what some winos, who are hopelessly trying to crowd fund a glorified Poutine restaurant in a city that already has many better alternatives, have to say.

Commie's? Seriously?

Willectro

Banned
Rob ford was ordered to return the 3100. He chose not to do so. Ford cannot be fined for violating the conflict of interest act. The remedies for violations of the conflict of interest act are outlined in the act itself.

Edit: Nevermind, it appears willielectro ignores posts that demonstrate his position is incorrect.

If you support trying to push Ford out of office using left-wing, backdoor tactics, so be it. But if you really think that this stupid conflict of interest act is worth upholding at the cost of millions in a city that can't afford it, then that is insane.

If you support trying to push Ford out of office using left-wing, backdoor tactics, so be it. But if you really think that this stupid conflict of interest act is worth upholding at the cost of millions in a city that can't afford it, then that is insane.

Left wing tactics? Oh you

thabiz

Yes, because that is verbatim what I said before. The hive mind here is more prevalent than any other thread on GAF. I'm sorry I'm not extreme left like many here. I just think many have jumped on the "let's hate the fat guy because it's cool" bandwagon. I'm not saying Ford is perfect (if I have, retract that), but he isn't the menace that he is made out to be.

Isnt "hive mind" bannable?

All I'm stating is that your statement:
So he is dumb because some Councillors and Media claim that he didn't read a handbook and he isn't great at delivering impromptu speeches?

is incorrect. Rob Ford said himself that he didn't read the handbook. Your claim here is wrong. All of a sudden this results in your implying that I must think x,y, and z. You don't know what I think. All I am telling you is what actually happened, since your made-up idea here is factually incorrect.

It doesn't help that you don't understand how the law functions.
Willectro said:
Magder won’t oppose Mayor Rob Ford’s bid for stay of ruling

Why the fuck does he get any say in this matter? The guy thinks he is a real Toronto hero, but when Ford's appeal is successful I hope everyone remembers the money this fool Magder has wasted.

Because he is the plaintiff in the lawsuit. That's how the law works. Here's some other properties of the law you might want to be aware of.

The law applies equally to all citizens of a society. If the prime minister kills someone, he can be charged.
The law is to be followed as directed by the law. Much law is self-referential. The MCIA outlines the punishments for its violations. We don't get to choose whether or not we follow the law because of the cost of an election.

It's not like this situation was unavoidable.

All Rob Ford had to do was attend the MCIA classes offered to all newly elected councillors OR read the MCIA at least once over his 12 years in power OR follow the advice of the integrity commissioner when it was given to him OR return the 3000$ the first time he was ordered too.

Edit:
But is that point alone (not those fat, dumb, bully, transit hating arguments) worth ousting Ford at a minimum cost of $7 million?

No, It is worth ousting him so we don't live in a society that selectively enforces the law though.

But is that point alone (not those fat, dumb, bully, transit hating arguments) worth ousting Ford at a minimum cost of $7 million?

Yes. These laws exist for a reason and being a dumbass isn't an excuse. The quicker we get someone who actually knows how City Hall works in there the quicker the city gets back on track.

Willectro

Banned
You called us commie's. I think you need to take your ignorant ass back to the sun's comment section.

I said the "commie posts" referring to posts which were communist in nature. Nothing wrong with that. It's a legitimate political stance.

All I'm stating is that your statement:

Don't even bother. He'll cherry pick one line from your post that he can vaguely counter, ignoring the rest, and he'll use that to "invalidate" everything you've said.

I said the "commie posts" referring to posts which were communist in nature. Nothing wrong with that. It's a legitimate political stance.

Please point out which posts here are "communist in nature".

Acheron

Banned
Calling someone out on breaking the law?

Let's cut the sanctimonious "the law is the law" argument. GAF has like fifteen threads a day about stupid laws, stupid judges and stupid cops. This has never been a board where ridiculous rules that fly in the face of common sense get by without criticism.

What we have is Rob Ford acting like an idiot. At the same point are ~380,000 votes worth throwing out over $3,150 that didn't go to Ford, wasn't held from the public eye and the issue voted on, was known before the 2010 election? That doesn't sound reasonable to me.

I think it's ridiculous that after the ruling, Ford was turfed from office, but not forced to repay the money. I also think it would have been quite easy to say the amount is non-material. Which it is, I graduated last year and $3,150 isn't a serious financial burden.

Willectro

Banned
Don't even bother. He'll cherry pick one line from your post that he can vaguely counter, ignoring the rest, and he'll use that to "invalidate" everything you've said.

When you call someone a "dumb bully" you have invalidated yourself.

The only point I'm trying to suggest here is that while Ford did ignorantly break the law, I really think mountains have been made out of molehills. There should be repercussions for sure, but this is extreme. I'm not saying I'm right about everything and everyone else is wrong, it's just my opinion, which in Canada everyone is entitled to. But I think I'm derailing the thread and we clearly differ on this, so until a concrete decision about Ford has been made in regards to whether he will continue to be mayor or not, I'm out. Good Luck Toronto-GAF, I hope you truly get what you desire.

Let's cut the sanctimonious "the law is the law" argument. GAF has like fifteen threads a day about stupid laws, stupid judges and stupid cops. This has never been a board where ridiculous rules that fly in the face of common sense get by without criticism.

What we have is Rob Ford acting like an idiot. At the same point are ~380,000 votes worth throwing out over $3,150 that didn't go to Ford, wasn't held from the public eye and the issue voted on, was known before the 2010 election? That doesn't sound reasonable to me.

I think it's ridiculous that after the ruling, Ford was turfed from office, but not forced to repay the money. I also think it would have been quite easy to say the amount is non-material. Which it is, I graduated last year and $3,150 isn't a serious financial burden.

And Willielectro made posts perhaps reasonably justified as this one we wouldn't be in our current predicament.

However, I don't think our "the law is the law" argument is sanctimonious. Noone is stopping anyone from arguing that the MCIA is stupid. Maybe the MCIA is stupid. But then argue that. Not that the law shouldn't be enforced. I think the war on drugs is dumb as hell but while the laws are on the books they should be enforced. What I fundamentally oppose is their existence.

When you call someone a "dumb bully" you have invalidated yourself.

The only point I'm trying to suggest here is that while Ford did ignorantly break the law, I really think mountains have been made out of molehills. There should be repercussions for sure, but this is extreme. I'm not saying I'm right about everything and everyone else is wrong, it's just my opinion, which in Canada everyone is entitled to. But I think I'm derailing the thread and we clearly differ on this, so until a concrete decision about Ford has been made in regards to whether he will continue to be mayor or not, I'm out. Good Luck Toronto-GAF, I hope you truly get what you desire.

The judge went out of his way in the decision to make it clear he gave ford the lightest possible punishment with respect to the law. For the love of god, read or do some research before you post.

So laws shouldn't apply to a ruling body because they won an election?

Top Bottom