• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man I'd kill Kuro for a sandwich from Schwartz's right now.
You know I'd just come back stronger.
yep. caplansky's would also do.
Ehhhhhhhhhh. I guess it's good in this city. Hard to top it in Montreal unfortunately. Meat and women. Goddamn....meat...and women...
never bough a round, but I did promise I will buy one next time we meet, whenever the hell that is.
*looks at kraftwerk*
STOP DELAYING YOUR DEFEAT, KRAFTWERK!

I'm thinking about making this year's Fan Expo thread, but I'd like to know if there's an interest in a thread for this year again? Figure we could use it for general info and a place for me to post meet-up plans.

Last year's thread.
I was thinking of going this year since some of my friends are planning to as well. Course I've never actually been, so I don't how this works. I don't want to ask them and look dumb, would rather look dumb here instead. Do people normally just buy passes to days that have scheduled attractions that they're interested in or do they go for all four days? Cheapo that I am, I would probably try to go there on Thursday, Friday or Sunday.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking of going this year since some of my friends are planning to as well. Course I've never actually been, so I don't how this works. I don't want to ask them and look dumb, would rather look dumb here instead. Do people normally just buy passes to days that have scheduled attractions that they're interested in or do they go for all four days? Cheapo that I am, I would probably try to go there on Thursday, Friday or Sunday.
Buy the day that has the stuff you want to go to. One day is more than enough to see everything even with talks and autographs.

Quadratic

Would definitely love a meetup post FanExpo. But yeah I won't actually be attending FanExpo itself.

I went the last two fan expo meetups without attending the event myself. It's just way too close to PAX Prime. I think last year ~4 people showed up? It was fun because of all the streetpasses you get just loitering around the convention centre.

krae_man

I went the last two fan expo meetups without attending the event myself. It's just way too close to PAX Prime. I think last year ~4 people showed up? It was fun because of all the streetpasses you get just loitering around the convention centre.

You should go at least one day. Get a couple games off the "What I want to play list" to give yourself more wiggle room with fitting in everything you want to see at PAX. Of course with PAX being 4 days this year. That might be easier to do already.

Speaking of which, those should be arriving in the mail any day now.

Kraftwerk

I owe an apology to TO-GAF.

Have been dealing with my illness lately, ergo have not been able to set-up a meeting.

I would love to set a meetup for next friday, since it is a long weekend.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Have been dealing with my illness lately, ergo have not been able to set-up a meeting.

We will only accept this apology if you kill the beloved Kave_Man! :eek:

Kuro is aching to take over Leafs-GAF with me dead.

Sober

It's 2AM in Hong Kong right now but my boss has already scheduled me for work that week. Maybe I have to coax a way out on Friday when I get back on Sunday and see if I need to have someone cover me.

Krafty, you'll feel better after hanging out with some GAFers; my sister is a nurse and she told me it is a medical possibility.

Appleman

And this is my other issue with their support: there is no equality. You catch the wrong person at the Apple store and they aren't going to do fuck all for you.

If by that you mean, "you catch the wrong person and they aren't going to do fuck all for you when you are way out of warranty or broke something yourself" then, yeah, but I'd be hard pressed to find a company that even does it as remotely as often as Apple

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

So by illness you mean older woman? Gotcha. ;)

I'm kidding krafty, just let us know.
We will only accept this apology if you kill the beloved Kave_Man! :eek:

Kuro is aching to take over Leafs-GAF with me dead.
I'm not white enough to be the leader of Leafs-GAF. :D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
As generic Asian # 5 I can vouch that you can pass for a Caucasian. Or you can be The Raptors tank commander.
Y...you sumbitch? ???

At Sushi Moto right now.

I believe I've found my replacement for Mikado.

North of Sheppard station.

Service is outstanding
Atmosphere is excellent
Price is OK
Drinks are great cause they have my Asahi Black
Appetizers are fantastic

Apps: I had the tuna tataki and the beef sashimi. Both were incredible and were bursting with flavour.

Sushi: we got the large combo for 100 which had sashimi, nigiri, and maki. Salmon pieces were plentiful and nice big chunks. The rolls melted in your mouth. And the butter fish wish was good enough to kill kave_man over; they were my absolute favorite. The only thing I didn't like was the eel, which is strange since it's super hard to fuck up. It was just too sweet and rubbery for my taste. Thankfully, everything else was fantastic and I will definitely come back. A big thumbs up and the Kuro seal of approval.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Y...you sumbitch? ???

At Sushi Moto right now.

I believe I've found my replacement for Mikado.

North of Sheppard station.

Service is outstanding
Atmosphere is excellent
Price is OK
Drinks are great cause they have my Asahi Black
Appetizers are fantastic

Apps: I had the tuna tataki and the beef sashimi. Both were incredible and were bursting with flavour.

Sushi: we got the large combo for 100 which had sashimi, nigiri, and maki. Salmon pieces were plentiful and nice big chunks. The rolls melted in your mouth. And the butter fish wish was good enough to kill kave_man over; they were my absolute favorite. The only thing I didn't like was the eel, which is strange since it's super hard to fuck up. It was just too sweet and rubbery for my taste. Thankfully, everything else was fantastic and I will definitely come back. A big thumbs up and the Kuro seal of approval.

Their rolls are amazing. Really good sushi place.

zroid

Banned
Sushi Moto huh, I'll have to check that out. North of Sheppard means fairly accessible to me, which is a nice bonus. :3

QFN41Ka.png

163.gif

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Speaking of Japanese food in North York, a new Izakaya just opened up across the street from me.

Blogto reviewer seemed pretty impressed so I'll have to check it out.

OzZaMC4.jpg

DO WANT

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I thought I saw a white guy that looked familiar. I waved but you ignored me. D:

Oh that was you? I was wondering why some random generic asian was waving at me. I figured it was a tourist.

I live around that area too, We need to have a threesome sometime :3

WHAT. I NOW WORK AT YONGE/SHEPPARD.

YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO TELL ME THESE THINGS.

Also, apparently I got featured on gamasutra... http://gamasutra.com/blogs/HaroldLi/20130725/196924/My_Game_Design_Exit_Interview.php ... not sure if that's how I wanted to get famous.

I work right at Mel Lastman Square so I'm by there every day pretty much.

I also think Stet said he hangs out in the area.

I'm late on this one, but I really like The Monk's Table on Yonge just north of Summerhill http://www.themonkstable.com/

How did I just notice Johnny Cage is a member of TO-GAF? Just makes his posts doubly hilarious because it's happening right in our backyards.

So the Thursday night date went very well, for somewhat of a blind date, it was surprising pleasant and we got along well...

If and when second date happens, I may take her to The Monk's Table, mentioned above.

I ended up taking a friends advice (IRL) instead of going with GAF, on the venue for the first date...Amsterdam Brewhouse, right there by the Lake on Queens Quay. It is somewhat pricey, not the cheapest place that's for sure, the beers and the food... the boneless ribs I ordered were really good, and the view and the atmosphere is worth it for the summer. The patio's are nice, right by the lake. I recommend it for anyone who's got the 30-35 bucks for dinner and a beer night out in town with friends or whoever.

Edit: Also the construction on Queens Quay is a nightmare, highly discourage driving anywhere in that area, park somewhere North of Front even, I imagine the construction around Union Station is still going on.. anyway...don't drive South/Central-East of downtown.. walk instead.

explodet

Edit: Also the construction on Queens Quay is a nightmare, highly discourage driving anywhere in that area, park somewhere North of Front even, I imagine the construction around Union Station is still going on.. anyway...don't drive South/Central-East of downtown.. walk instead.
At least you only had to visit it. I have to live with it every day. Bleugh.

Sober

Actually after taking a look at what is at FanExpo this yesrI think i'll wait for them to release the schedule before I get a one day thing or something. Would like to see or meet some celebrities and some other people like some of those people from Ubisoft TO. Last time my friends dragged me I didn't really do much, so yeah. I saw Alexander skarsgaard that one year (True Blood) but I didn't go up to say hi, and this was I guess before TB really blew up (so just after S1 finished airing).

zroid

Banned
Random observation:

It's obvious to any driver passing between York Region and Toronto when you've moved into the other municipality. The road condition suddenly becomes 5x more dilapidated when you cross south of Steeles.

Top Bottom