• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

zroid

Banned
Speaking of burgers, there's a swanky place around Bayview/Sheppard that sells kobe beef burgers for about $11 each. Pret-ty darn good.

called Paradise Farms Café

Roto13

My husband is making burgers right now.

So NYAH.

I wish smoked provolone wasn't so expensive at Loblaws. And I wish Loblaws hadn't driven every other goddamn grocery store out of business so I could still afford food.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm looking at a condo around Yonge and Sheppard. You guys are making a good argument for moving up there.

JOIN USSSS

That new condo at the corner with the whole foods in it looks ace.

Also, I've been considering moving into the Empress Walk condos. Going to loblaws or taking the subway without having to leave the building? Yes please

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking at a condo around Yonge and Sheppard. You guys are making a good argument for moving up there.

Lots of hot Korean girls
Fantastic Korean food and Moto Sushi
Near the subway
Near the Loblaws

The fuck am I doing in Leslieville surrounded by all these goddamn coffee shops?!

Divvy

Lots of hot Korean girls
Fantastic Korean food and Moto Sushi
Near the subway
Near the Loblaws

The fuck am I doing in Leslieville surrounded by all these goddamn coffee shops?!

You forgot Dumpling King and the best hotpot restaurant south of Steeles :p

Also Nome izakaya's cheap oyster nights

Join ussssss

Hieberrr

Florious TFC win in the last 5 minutes of the match. I got soaked due to the rain, but it was damn worth it.
KuGsj.gif

Hieberrr

TFC actually won? :O

They've lost every game I've been too.

They've only lost once in all the times that I've watched :p Yeah, they won today -- completely bonkers. Half the people left as soon as the rain got a little heavy and maybe a minute after we tied the game up. A few minutes later, when it was pouring, we scored and won the match :D

We're not the worst! We're not the worst! We're not the worst!

For the beer lovers here, St. Bernardus ABT 12 is coming back to the LCBO soon. Real soon. I heard 7000 units were coming into the Durham warehouse.

This isn't nearly as hard - or expensive - to get your hands on as the Westvleteren 12, but demand will probably be high all the same since they don't stock it regularly.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
For the beer lovers here, St. Bernardus ABT 12 is coming back to the LCBO soon. Real soon. I heard 7000 units were coming into the Durham warehouse.

This isn't nearly as hard - or expensive - to get your hands on as the Westvleteren 12, but demand will probably be high all the same since they don't stock it regularly.
I'm still bitter about Wesrvleteren. My friend works for the LCBO and his aunt is a manager and I still couldn't get any.

krae_man

My power went out last night at 10pm for about 8 hours that was fun. Luckally my 3DS XL still had a full charge so I had a light source and something to do.

Willectro

Banned
I wish smoked provolone wasn't so expensive at Loblaws. And I wish Loblaws hadn't driven every other goddamn grocery store out of business so I could still afford food.

This *1000. It's only going to get worse too. Loblaws near me can't even keep chicken breast in stock.

The weather is disgusting. I had to wear long sleeves AND a hoodie on top. Weather not endorsed by #teamwarm

I love Yonge/Shep, Finch and Steeles. Willowdale and North York Centre in general are awesome.

I can't go into food basics. It's just too ghetto for me. All the produce looks a tad off or downright bad, and it's just messy and stock is weird. No frills/price chopper are doable.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I can't go into food basics. It's just too ghetto for me. All the produce looks a tad off or downright bad, and it's just messy and stock is weird. No frills/price chopper are doable.

I never buy meat at Food Basics, everything seems so grungy. It's the closest grocery store to me so I'll buy most other things there. Thankfully I have a FreshCo and a Loblaws within walking distance as well.

zroid

Banned
I guess it's case-by-case; I've seen some very kempt No Frills, and a Food Basics near me which just opened about a year ago is still clean and well-maintained.

I've never been to a Freshco which isn't in great condition, however. In fact the Sobeys store which is walking distance from my place is closing down to be replaced with a Freshco in the next couple months. I couldn't be happier!

Roto13

I guess it's case-by-case; I've seen some very kempt No Frills, and a Food Basics near me which just opened about a year ago is still clean and well-maintained.

I've never been to a Freshco which isn't in great condition, however. In fact the Sobeys store which is walking distance from my place is closing down to be replaced with a Freshco in the next couple months. I couldn't be happier!

The No Frills near me closed down this month and the Sobey's has been gone for quite a while. There's a Food Basics that just far enough away to be annoying to walk to. I guess I'll have to start going there.

I live in the Church/Wellesley Village so I'm close to that big-ass Maple Leaf Gardens Loblaw's.

Divvy

I quite like Loblaws, it's got a good quality to price ratio and the stores are always clean.

Food basics is really hit or miss and the one near me is disgusting.

No Frill is pretty good too generally

The worst is Metro which is just as expensive as Loblaws, but everything is of so much poorer quality. The only thing it has going for it is that they're open 24 hrs.

Da best is T&T tho

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How about Pusateri's (Avenue north of Lawrence, Bayview Village, Yorkville)? Us ballers shop there.

I don't actually shop there, I'm not rich you know.

Divvy

How about Pusateri's (Avenue north of Lawrence, Bayview Village, Yorkville)? Us ballers shop there.

I don't actually shop there, I'm not rich you know.

They have some nice stuff and some grossly overpriced stuff. (I bought some mangoes at the loblaws, walked across the mall to find the same brand of mangoes at Pusateri's at 3x the cost)

Also, I've stopped wanting to go there at all since the cockroach incident a year or two back

Rinoa

Used to go to Pusateri's, nothing is better there tbh. Good if want food made though.

Loblaws for most stuff + chinatown for fruits/veg 4life

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Went to dig up my old report cards so I could finish up my school...

Noticed under my grade 11 math "exam not completed, credit not granted"

The rage fit I am in right now as it was my highschool highlight... came in an hour late, got 97% on the exam and passed the course (WITH HONORS)

Fuck you TDSB, fuck your shit to hell. No wonder I dropped out.

IceIpor

Hearing you guys talk about Loblaws and complaining is interesting.

My family has a rudimentary class/tier list for some of the grocery stores. (Although I think my list might be a little off).

Low income: No Frills | Food Basics | Price Chopper
Middle Income: Superstore | ???? | Freshco
High-Middle Income: Loblaws | Metro | Sobeys

Basically, this is the target income range for each store(/chain) and prices accordingly.

Divvy

Wait...what happened?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/10/21/rats_roaches_shut_down_gourmet_grocery_store_pusateris.html

They say it was just isolated at the avenue store, but I hear they have stock going in between their stores.

Also the owners are dicks

My family has a rudimentary class/tier list for some of the grocery stores. (Although I think my list might be a little off).

Basically, this is the target income range for each store(/chain) and prices accordingly.

I always thought Superstore and Loblaws were basically interchangeable. Also, Metro does not deserve to be there with how crap their produce and meat is, maybe Longo's or Whole Foods

Also, didn't all the price choppers turn into Freshcos?

Low income: No Frills | Food Basics | Price Chopper I Foodland
High-Middle Income: Longo's | Metro | Whole Foods

Fixed.

IceIpor

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/10/21/rats_roaches_shut_down_gourmet_grocery_store_pusateris.html

They say it was just isolated at the avenue store, but I hear they have stock going in between their stores.

Also the owners are dicks

I always thought Superstore and Loblaws were basically interchangeable. Also, Metro does not deserve to be there with how crap their produce and meat is, maybe Longo's or Whole Foods

Also, didn't all the price choppers turn into Freshcos?

But Loblaws owns No frills / Superstore / Itself. That's why I listed it as such.

Same as Food Basics and Metro.

The third group is the one that might be off slightly.

Oh, and trust me. Superstore customer service is not the same level as Loblaws. Loblaws has food bagging AND home delivery service (for a charge).

Sober

So we doing a meetup or did I dream that?

I'm also too lazy to read back in the thread.
Yeah, if it's confirmed I have to grovel for someone to take my Friday shift since I just got back and they want to throw me back for closing shifts until my eyes bleed. Or I miss it. :(

That or we should give some notice and have it after a FanExpo day or something later in the month.

Quadratic

I could do a Friday meetup like what Kraftwerk was mentioning earlier but I need to work 9am Saturday so I probably can't stay out too late.

Hieberrr

QFT

TFC is so poorly run compared to impact and whitecaps

Agreed. The Impact got it right since day 1. Saputo knows how to run a club. Whitecaps got it right pretty quickly too. Sigh :( Hopefully with the next few signings, we can start building a nice core for next year. Laba is amazing :D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The new frescho on lakeshore is kinda bleh.

Much prefer Loblaws.

Never...heard of a grocery store running out of chicken breasts...but I also never thought a burger place could run out of meat (Burger's Priest)

Quick

Banned
Went to dig up my old report cards so I could finish up my school...

Noticed under my grade 11 math "exam not completed, credit not granted"

The rage fit I am in right now as it was my highschool highlight... came in an hour late, got 97% on the exam and passed the course (WITH HONORS)

Fuck you TDSB, fuck your shit to hell. No wonder I dropped out.

Sorry to hear, Dopey.

So, you did the exam and they didn't count it, even though you were given a grade? If so, that is odd.

What do you need to do now?

zroid

Banned

lol ultimately I shop at all of these stores (except Price Chopper and Superstore cause there aren't any near me), but most of the time only buy stuff which is advertised in the flyers anyways. :p

yeah... I'm one of those people who hop between supermarkets to get all my groceries done...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sorry to hear, Dopey.

So, you did the exam and they didn't count it, even though you were given a grade? If so, that is odd.

What do you need to do now?

This was 13 years ago lol just felt like getting into college/university again... Just discovered it when I unburied my old school crap trying to find my OEN (I still don't know if I have it)

I'm just going to get my transcript, use ILC for a year or so (I will tear through the coursework) judging by that report I still need 13 credits. I would be crying over the math course but I'll just use grade 11 math as a refresher course, I guess. It's only $40 and a few days of my time... (Or month due to mail wait times) Oh well.

Top Bottom