• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

thabiz

Stay has been granted. In office until the appeal.

Its the right decision. No reason to throw him out, with a pending appeal.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Stay has been granted. In office until the appeal.

Its the right decision. No reason to throw him out, with a pending appeal.
I agree.

BTW, how far can Ford take his appeal? All the way to the Supreme Court?

thabiz

Its a Municipal act he broke, so im not sure how far he can take it. I have no doubt he could try, but i dont know if they would hear it.

Azih

Honestly the only way to keep this from continuing to be a clusterfuck is Council agreeing to appoint Rob Ford back in.

thabiz

or a by-election

Discussing this before a decision on the appeal is not going to do anything. Every possible outcome hinges on the appeal.

I agree.

BTW, how far can Ford take his appeal? All the way to the Supreme Court?

Unlikely, only 3 percent of appeals from the ontario superior court of appeals decisions go to the supreme court, not to mention that when you appeal you have to have a stated reason as to why your appeal should be heard.

It can't just be "I disagree with the ruling" otherwise they won't necessarily hear it. I need to read up more on this staying of the ruling however.

7u8IK.jpg

source

I was in 1 King a couple of weeks ago at a buddies place, and its a gorgeous building.

I went to a party there a few years ago where about 100 people slowly snuck into a floor of the tower that wasn't occupied or fully constructed yet.
It was really fun and took the security over 3 hours to realize there was a party going on and tell us to leave.
He seemed really impressed that we pulled it off.

Incredible views from there too (it was near the top of the building)

thabiz

Its one of the nicest buildings in the core.

Thats awesome. I would love to do that. Loft parties are always rammed.

Magnus

Anyone been to Fickle before? Had it recommended to me by a friend as an ideal spot for a date (the lighting, etc) and some great food.

Quick

Banned
Friends and I are coming to Toronto for New Years. Any suggestions for good night life downtown? Or special NYE parties?

Nathan Philip's Square is where people congregates for New Year's Eve, from a tourist/general city dweller perspective. I'm sure you'll have your various clubs to choose from as an alternative.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We never go downtown during New Years, it's just not our cup of tea. You can get great views of fireworks near the Humber Bridge out here, overlooking downtown. If it's clear and you can take the cold, it's awesome.

Flash

I went to a club on NYE... it was crazy packed and expensive but it was fun. If you and your friends are single definitely go check it out.

I remember we got there a bit late and it was 11:50 but they ended up rushing us into the club... didn't end up checking our tickets or anything. But by that time coat check was full so that sucked.

Hieberrr

Do not go to Nathan Philips Square. I mean, don't stand where everyone else stands. I did and some old dude ended up groping my ass... awkward. Some fights broke out, etc...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Do not go to Nathan Philips Square. I mean, don't stand where everyone else stands. I did and some old dude ended up groping my ass... awkward. Some fights broke out, etc...

But how will I enjoy live music by artists no one's ever heard of before? My hipster cred!

Top Bottom