• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

I went to a party there a few years ago where about 100 people slowly snuck into a floor of the tower that wasn't occupied or fully constructed yet.
It was really fun and took the security over 3 hours to realize there was a party going on and tell us to leave.
He seemed really impressed that we pulled it off.

Incredible views from there too (it was near the top of the building)

I wish there were more publicly open/reservable locations like those. It's my friend's birthday this weekend and I can't think of any place to party it up. Few of the condo party rooms I checked are all booked till end of the month.

Any ideas, GAF?

Azih

Yeah Nathan Phillips Square kinda sucks, sometimes the fireworks when the ball drops are fine but really they only last a minute.

We never go downtown during New Years, it's just not our cup of tea. You can get great views of fireworks near the Humber Bridge out here, overlooking downtown. If it's clear and you can take the cold, it's awesome.

Is this an invitation for the neogaf new years party at EvilMario's place?

Sober

No idea what to do for New Years'. Probably just stay home then tune in for the ball to drop in the last fifteen. Parents are going to be out of town this year but I really don't feel up to going anywhere.

No idea what to do for New Years'. Probably just stay home then tune in for the ball to drop in the last fifteen. Parents are going to be out of town this year but I really don't feel up to going anywhere.
I usually just stay home and have a small family thing but my mom is ditching, my brother moved to vancouver, don't live with my dad. TBH I don't even want to do anything, but I just know I'll get sucked into something. I kind of hope not. Rather just relax.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My wife will be thrilled when I break the news.

bunch of generic asian guys there. what could go wrong?

I was just looking at Bell/Telus/Rogers internet plans...it's just supremely insane how anyone would pay for them. There's simply no logic to it besides people being too dumb to see how much they're being gouged. Are they really going to keep going with these shitty plans and watch customers leave them for other ISPs that offer higher caps or unlimited downloads at a LOWER price?!

The only time I spoke to someone who was on Fibe Bell and didn't want to change, he just said he loved the speed (they are really fast, I admit), but he paid insane amounts of overage, but he didn't care.

Why do people still have internet with them!?!??!?!?!

Quick

Banned
bunch of generic asian guys there. what could go wrong?

I was just looking at Bell/Telus/Rogers internet plans...it's just supremely insane how anyone would pay for them. There's simply no logic to it besides people being too dumb to see how much they're being gouged. Are they really going to keep going with these shitty plans and watch customers leave them for other ISPs that offer higher caps or unlimited downloads at a LOWER price?!

The only time I spoke to someone who was on Fibe Bell and didn't want to change, he just said he loved the speed (they are really fast, I admit), but he paid insane amounts of overage, but he didn't care.

Fuck yeah. Asian party at EM's.

I bailed out on them in terms of internet, switched with Teksavvy. I don't think I'll be looking back anytime soon.

Do not go to Nathan Philips Square. I mean, don't stand where everyone else stands. I did and some old dude ended up groping my ass... awkward. Some fights broke out, etc...

I did this last year. Had some guy's spiky jelled hair in my face throughout the fireworks. Way too crowded.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck yeah. Asian party at EM's.

I bailed out on them in terms of internet, switched with Teksavvy. I don't think I'll be looking back anytime soon.

I'm still living with my parents so I'm covering the cost of the TV/Internet and so forth. Once I move in the next 1.5 years (or less) I plan to ditch Rogers as much as possible.

I just came to realization it would be way too difficult for me and my parents for me to start making the switches now and then have to deal with it again to set them up with what they need.

Those photographers are back to their old photoshop tricks! This time they put the city on top of itself!

SOHT8.jpg

two source photos that were put together

Oppo

I might be switching off TekSavvy, because Rogers now has a 150/50 plan. It costs a lot but... Well I needs it.

Oppo

Teksavvy will eventually get it as Rogers is illegally holding it back from resellers

Then I will switch back :) it might be awhile. I like TekSavvy but they don't have the firepower to deal with Rogers in a timely fashion. They get manhandled all the time on support calls (I believe 24h minimum wait for answering a TS call that involves a Rogers leased line).

Lately for my job I have gobs of HD video to upload and 28 down/1 up is just killing me. 150 down / 50 up is like a miracle in comparison.

Rinoa

Was foggy at st clair too, went to Ferro for the 20th time. Goddamn the food so good there.

Went to Cake House today after seeing the waffle thing in OT2

I have more pictures though the lighting sucks on them lol. I thought it was pretty good

Yeah the yellow lighting in there really suck even during daytime. What did you get on it?

Coworker went to that sugar marmalade place on dragon city, said it sucked (overpriced and bland) but I'm still curious to go because sometimes I just want the family style chinese/hk desserts but not a full meal.

http://www.sugarmarmalade.com/

Ended up just getting a panzerotti.

I vote we delay Christmas by a month because fuck climate change. I've put up my tree, put up lights, changed my avatar, and I'm almost done my shopping... and I'm not in the holiday mood at all yet because of this bullshit weather.

I vote we delay Christmas by a month because fuck climate change. I've put up my tree, put up lights, changed my avatar, and I'm almost done my shopping... and I'm not in the holiday mood at all yet because of this bullshit weather.

Screw you buddy, I'm enjoying my 3~7 degree weather! :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Glorious non snow.....GLORIOUS!

Top Bottom