• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Blackhead

Redarse
The Star has an article up stating that TPS is conducting an internal investigation, which could be why the blog post was taken down for now.

The Star also has the reporter admitting to having "roughly" 8 drinks that night. So, maybe he handles his liquor well, and those drinks were spread out over a while, and his account is true.

Or maybe he's a lightweight, it was actually 10 or 11 drinks, and he was plastered and we can't believe shit about his account of things. Who knows.

So... moral of the story: don't drink and take the TTC home?

Boogie

No, the moral depends on what really happened.

One of the morals could be: no matter what your profession is, don't try to do your job drunk.

Willectro

Banned
No, the moral depends on what really happened.

One of the morals could be: no matter what your profession is, don't try to do your job drunk.

That's the moral for Toronto Fire, right?

But no, the Firefighter couldn't have lied, he's obviously a hero after all. It begs the question though - Why was Toronto Fire on the scene at all?

Boogie

Why was Toronto Fire on the scene at all?

Inter-Agency Bitching Answer: Because if Toronto Fire only attended actual Fire and vehicle collision calls that required them, they would have much more difficulty in justifying their requested budgets, salary, and resourcing levels.

So instead, they attend any call they can so they can say "we had 3654298 callouts this year", even if for most of them they just form the "Circle of Healing (TM)" while police and/or EMS do the work. ;P

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just saw that Sears is pulling out of Eaton's Center. What the heck is that going to fill up that space now? Maybe turn it into a giant condo? lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nothing trumps the Red Serge.

Nothing.
XK3OOqh.jpg

I just saw that Sears is pulling out of Eaton's Center. What the heck is that going to fill up that space now? Maybe turn it into a giant condo? lol
Maybe Nordstrom will move in? Then again, they're already hitting Yorkdale and Sherway so they'll probably skip what is probably the more expensive EC location.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe Nordstrom will move in? Then again, they're already hitting Yorkdale and Sherway so they'll probably skip what is probably the more expensive EC location.
Are department stores still a thing though? Having new ones come in seems to just be delaying the inevitable.

EC/Yonge and Dundas is going to have a gaping hole until the new tenant goes in
Yeah, it'll be like the decade when the AMC corner was a gaping hole. I wonder if they'll even let people walk through the empty parts of Sears to get to the mall or if everyone will be funneled through that food court.

8-floor Target
HBC to bring back Zellers!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
hey guys.
i was hoping you could help me out. i wanna do something one thus night in toronto. 2 friends of mine will prob join me. the prob is dont know what to do. do you guys have any suggestions?

Willectro

Banned
Inter-Agency Bitching Answer: Because if Toronto Fire only attended actual Fire and vehicle collision calls that required them, they would have much more difficulty in justifying their requested budgets, salary, and resourcing levels.

So instead, they attend any call they can so they can say "we had 3654298 callouts this year", even if for most of them they just form the "Circle of Healing (TM)" while police and/or EMS do the work. ;P

I have never agreed with you more. Police and Paramedics in Toronto absolutely need a rather large share of that fire budget. It's crazy that Firefighters are sent to medical calls because they can make it their faster... if I require medical assistance I really don't want the Fire Department to show up.

It begins (finally):

A Forum Research poll released Wednesday puts Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s approval rating at 39 per cent – down 10 points from last month.

Moreover, 61 per cent of those surveyed disapprove of the job Ford was doing in his role as mayor, while 39 per cent describe him as “one of Toronto’s worst mayors” and another 15 per cent describe him as a “poor mayor.”

Asked whether they believe Ford’s frequently made claim that he has saved the city some $1 billion since taking office, 52 per cent said they do not believe the mayor.

http://www.cp24.com/news/ford-s-approval-rating-way-down-new-poll-finds-1.1521165

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So when he is accused of smoking crack, groping women, associates himself with criminals, this approval ratings go up

When he passes his subway thing, it goes down

This fucking city

yyzjohn

Banned
So is this Rob Ford arresting day? Rumors flying around, heard a reporter on the Edge talking about it, didn't really pay attention.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anyone else reading the CP24 feed of the documents that just got released?

It's getting juicier and juicier in regards to Lisi.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
They're not gonna arrest him today. The police didn't release the documents, the courts did, so presumably they have their own schedule to follow.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not gonna lie.

I am looking forward to Willectro spinning this.

He's got a talent with words, haters be damned.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Both. Are there any good burger joints?
For taste it's Burgers Priest

But they're not very big so your friends wouldn't really be able to sit.

Though maybe try The Burger Cellar

If you guys like sushi try Sushi Moto

Pubs? Tons of them though unlike bier markt even if they are pricey.

Dammit kavey ya krazy kat you're just egging him on!

Top Bottom