• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Guys, what's the best cheap hotel in or close to Toronto? It's short notice. I'm gonna be there for 8 days starting this coming week.

Is my best option to get something out of town but close? I need a $55/60 a night type deal, but no sketchiness/dirtiness.

Kraftwerk

Damn. JaBistro will be a good last meal for you. We aren't rewarding failure. Thatoney is more from corporate suits than dedicated fans. The dedicated fans are there and frustrated. They're just loyal to a fault. Yes. MLSE will always make money and there isn't a huge incentive to change so long as they take it in, but while I was hesitant at first, I trust in Shanaplans! He's already made moves to drag our franchise into the present and while I feel Nonis and Carlyle should've been canned, I definitely feel it's only a matter of time before they're gone. You can't make a sudden change to right a ship, it takes a bunch of smaller and slow turns since so much is wrong with the Leafs.

So, it goes back to, "what is different this time? Leafs always say they're going to change and improve but never do." Well, for starters, Shanahan isn't a corporate suit; he isn't here to make money, he's here to turn this ship around and win. Second, this new assistant GM is exactly what the analytics fans have been clamouring for for a few years now. Third, the East is still a shit division, so there is still a chance. Fourth, we have been striving to change out draft policy and Nylander is a step towards making us more of a skilled western team instead of a team of "tough" players.

So, how is Shanahan different from Burke? Burke wanted to win too, and he got fired for bashing heads against the org. However, Shanahan also has Leiweke backing him, and this org spent a LOT on Leiweke and he's had results. A lot of the hockey blogs and stats nerds are backing this new GM, when they were even shitting on Burke. I think change will come, albeit slowly, but it is coming.

NOW GO CHOKE ON THAT DELICIOUS JABISTRO ABURI, FUCK FACE! >={

They signed Carlyle and Reimer AGAIN. How is that better? What significant change have they done to shift the boat?

And not in it to make money? Come on bruh.

And how are fans not rewarding failure? The team as I said earlier makes hundreds of millions. They are past the point of being a joke, losing is their shtickh. Only reason they exist on such a scale is the $$$ that comes fomr the fans.

Now go shove that blow-torched sushi up your generic asian butt!!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
They signed Carlyle and Reimer AGAIN. How is that better? What significant change have they done to shift the boat?

And not in it to make money? Come on bruh.

And how are fans not rewarding failure? The team as I said earlier makes hundreds of millions. They are past the point of being a joke, losing is their shtickh. Only reason they exist on such a scale is the $$$ that comes fomr the fans.

Now go shove that blow-torched sushi up your generic asian butt!!
Carlyle they gave an extension that is two years with an option for that second year so it's effectively one year. I think they're just hanging on til someone better comes along.

Reimer also go two years, but I suspected he'll be traded.

I'd say the majority of the money comes from corporate, who I'd disagree are fans.

SHANAHAN is there there to win. MLSE is there for money.

That blowtorched sushi so good, I'd kill kave_man for it!

Guys, what's the best cheap hotel in or close to Toronto? It's short notice. I'm gonna be there for 8 days starting this coming week.

Is my best option to get something out of town but close? I need a $55/60 a night type deal, but no sketchiness/dirtiness.
This is an impossible request. If you can do 65/70/75 a night you could stay in North York or Sauga, but I honestly do not believe there is a 50 dollar a night hotel that isn't sketchy or dirty anywhere in the GTA. Anything you get for that price will be a chain hotel on the outskirts of town if not completely out of Toronto.

Windam

Scaley member

My closet's got some space.

man ford fest sure was a good time

minus the incredible level of bigotry and hatred on display

Honestly tho, I truly believe this to be a turning point. Ford Nation was despicable today, and I think a lot of people that would vote for Ford are going to look at them and say "I'm not a part of that" and move onto someone new.

Honestly tho, I truly believe this to be a turning point. Ford Nation was despicable today, and I think a lot of people that would vote for Ford are going to look at them and say "I'm not a part of that" and move onto someone new.

Unfortunately a lot of people vote based on this

"The finger thing means taxes" (even though Ford is raising taxes to build a wasteful subway)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHsOezPXyxA

lol, no. Ford Nation is clueless.

Quadratic

If there was a bit of lead time you might have found something out in Mississauga for 70 maybe... Right now you will probably have a hard time getting anything less than 80 per night. Is a hostel out of the question? And even they aren't in your price criteria if you want a private space. Air BnB or maybe craigslist (Toronto) might be a good try.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kinton Ramen

Shoyu Ramen with extra pork belly, Asahi Black, and kara age.

My blood sugar....hnnnngghhhhh!

If I die, someone kill kraftwerk for me! :(

I still cannot fathom how the Comfort Zone stays in business.

"Well, I have one thing to say about that. What kind of pet shop is filled with rambunctious yahoos and hot jazz music at 1:00 in the morning?"

"Er, uh ... the ... best damn pet shop in town!"

photo:

AJGCgLY.jpg

source

soultron

Banned
Saw this video. I'm fucking embarrassed to live in this city. I don't even care if Ford saved taxpayers (any) money. I don't want a leader who thinks this is an acceptable way for his constituents to behave.

Saw this video. I'm fucking embarrassed to live in this city. I don't even care if Ford saved taxpayers (any) money. I don't want a leader who thinks this is an acceptable way for his constituents to behave.

Ugh. I feel like I've seen so much shit like this that it shouldn't even get more than an eyeroll out of me but jeez.

It's just so cringeworthy to see people like that making such disingenuous arguments/points, and then feel so smug about it afterwards.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD!

@Wreck

ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD! ROB FORD!

lol*

*i live on Jarvis (and my unit faces jarvis and street level), Ford ruined that street before with the bike lanes it was peaceful but now its like a freeway

Top Bottom