• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

bPod

Anyone planning to attend FanExpo this August? I have gone on Saturdays in the past but with tickets prices at $50, I might attend Sunday instead. Is it a hit or miss on Sundays?

Anyone planning to attend FanExpo this August? I have gone on Saturdays in the past but with tickets prices at $50, I might attend Sunday instead. Is it a hit or miss on Sundays?

What is there to do at Fan Expo other than wait in line and spend more money once you get inside?

Magnus

Cross-posting for my Toron-bros:

ATTN: Toronto

Staples at Yonge and Adelaide still has the following consoles new on clearance:

PS3 super slim 12gb x2 ($130)
Wii U 32gb Deluxe x1 ($230)
Nintendo 3DS OG Red x1 ($100)

All of them are core units, no games bundled in.

Go go!

Magnus

We'll be there at our booth!! OMEGA-LEVEL

http://www.omega-level.net

Selling shirts and a few other things. I believe we've locked up our killer spot again from last year, facing the big food court space.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Staples at Yonge and Adelaide still has the following consoles new on clearance:

Go go!
That Wii U and 3DS is a decent deal

soultron

Banned

Go go!

Damn! Why are the good deals always three days before I get paid?!

whitehawk

Banned

Go go!

I thought every Wii U at least came with Nintendo Land.

But are you saying there's only 1 Wii U? Tempting, but that's odd. How do you know?

Conceptor

Nadal pulled out of the Rogers Cup. I was really looking forward to seeing him play in TO

cry.gif

I can't find any showings of GotG that aren't in 3D tommorow night. Am I looking in the wrong places?

fuck same here. what is going on? there's usually a non 3d showing. every theatre downtown (or near it) doesn't have one. what gives? if someone finds one (preferably at a Cineplex so that I can use my Scene points) let us know please.

Samyy

fuck same here. what is going on? there's usually a non 3d showing. every theatre downtown (or near it) doesn't have one. what gives? if someone finds one (preferably at a Cineplex so that I can use my Scene points) let us know please.

I'm pretty sure the one in Mississauga by Square One does have a non-3D :p
Are you guys sure you checked right? GoTG is at the top of every showing lists, but thats only the 3D one, if you scroll down you'll see another listing and thats where I saw the non-3D option.

Quick

Banned
The two screenings for today at the theatre I'm going to are 3D. Tomorrow should have at least a couple of non-3D show times.

I'm pretty sure the one in Mississauga by Square One does have a non-3D :p
Are you guys sure you checked right? GoTG is at the top of every showing lists, but thats only the 3D one, if you scroll down you'll see another listing and thats where I saw the non-3D option.

Where are you looking exactly? I combed through all the thursday showtimes in the nearby cineplex theaters and not one of them has a non-3D show available.

jokkir

Since the telecoms thread is a bit dead I'll ask here.

How do the trial period thing for mobile carriers work? Can I update my plan to something higher, say I don't like it, then roll back to my previous plan? Or is it only for devices?

Also, should I bother getting the $39 plan from Wind? I don't go to the states often but going this weekend. I have the BTS 2012 $30 plan but the only thing that annoys me is the no MMS. Maybe I'll hold out for a BTS 2014 deal.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any fellow Torontonians know of any websites besides Indeed/Craiglists for work in Toronto?

Linkedin can connect you with the actual HR person doing the hiring.

Other than that, just try recruiters as well, but always make sure the job you take from them is in your best interests, not theirs.

I like Indeed myself. Other than that, there are the government job sites, but I never had any luck with those.

edit: ARGH! Enough with the 3D shit! Last 7 movies I saw were 3D and I would've preferred they weren't. I wear glasses and I hate wearing fucking glasses on top of glasses.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks folks :) seems to be hard for youth to get work now.

if you're a young'un, you can try the job centres around Toronto, there's one near my place actually. Additionally, I believe there was something called Yes! or something for people 29 and younger, not like for old farts like me.

Blackhead

Redarse
I can't find any showings of GotG that aren't in 3D tommorow night. Am I looking in the wrong places?
Is GotG even legit 3D or just the post processing? Also when did 'midnight openings' turn into 'previous evening 7pm/10pm'? I'm not complaining though lol
Since the telecoms thread is a bit dead I'll ask here.

How do the trial period thing for mobile carriers work? Can I update my plan to something higher, say I don't like it, then roll back to my previous plan? Or is it only for devices?

Also, should I bother getting the $39 plan from Wind? I don't go to the states often but going this weekend. I have the BTS 2012 $30 plan but the only thing that annoys me is the no MMS. Maybe I'll hold out for a BTS 2014 deal.
Yes, you can update the plan, say you don't like it, and roll back. There are of course some caveats: (1) Most carriers only allow you to switch plans once per month; i.e. the roll back will be scheduled for the start of the next billing cycle. (2) the rollback can
only occur if the previous plan is still being offered otherwise you'll have to choose from one of the currently available plans — or spend some time on the phone arguing/begging customer service to override the system (3) if you signed a phone subsidy contract or tab plan there will be some restrictions on the plans you can switch to i.e. you usually can't get an iPhone on a $80=2GB plan then try to switch to a $45=3GB promo plan 2 months later.

has anyone found any good gaming stuff at any flea markets in downtown Toronto? with the Goodwill on bloor gone, I don't really know where to look anymore (at least within downtown)

jokkir

Is GotG even legit 3D or just the post processing? Also when did 'midnight openings' turn into 'previous evening 7pm/10pm'? I'm not complaining though lol

Yes, you can update the plan, say you don't like it, and roll back. There are of course some caveats: (1) Most carriers only allow you to switch plans once per month; i.e. the roll back will be scheduled for the start of the next billing cycle. (2) the rollback can
only occur if the previous plan is still being offered otherwise you'll have to choose from one of the currently available plans — or spend some time on the phone arguing/begging customer service to override the system (3) if you signed a phone subsidy contract or tab plan there will be some restrictions on the plans you can switch to i.e. you usually can't get an iPhone on a $80=2GB plan then try to switch to a $45=3GB promo plan 2 months later.

Ah damn @ 2. Hmmm... I guess I won't bother then and just hope for a better BTS plan and pay the $15 for roaming in the US

Top Bottom