• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

isny

napkin dispenser
isny, Evilmario and I have threatened to buy you all the beer and food you need if you come

D:

Will have a look at tickets in the morning then, you guys probably have me with that sort of an offer...although the last time I came I was almost puking infront of the police station from drinking so much, lol

Alright, I'm still in need of a police badge. Not a fake, a real retired/obsolete one. Is there anywhere in the downtown core that I can buy one at a relatively cheap (under $50 is hopeful) price?

Try pawn shops?

Quick

Banned
I was in Muji earlier. Their stuff looks nice, kind of like an even more basic H&M or Uniqlo. I didn't really have much time to look around, since it was pretty busy inside. Generic Asians everywhere!

What's the fit like for their shirts?

Try pawn shops?

This is an option. I was just under the assumption that something like an obsolete police badge wouldn't be so easily attainable.

Rinoa

Snow beguns, but doesn't seem much yet.

I tried applying for a job there and maybe it was because they didn't take me on, but yeah, it's kinda tourist-trappy at best and honestly anyone coming home to Toronto, I doubt they would take that over anything else, unless you like leaving late to go to the airport or you can't get someone to come pick you up. And even then you should just hop on the TTC shuttle instead.

It's supposed to open during the pan-am games, so I guess grats on something that will see heavy use for a few months and then ... nothing of note except something rich people will try once and never again?

Rich people wouldn't even bother with this thing as riders gotta get on thru one of the major stops. Safer to be chauffeured with limo service from end to end, which is guaranteed to never be late. Also be in quiet clean environment with snax and have their stuff carried for them.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I went to Ryerson and I don't have Ryerson pride.

Rather that then York though.

Trying to decide if I should work from home today or not... Don't really want to be stuck on the go in the morning :/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like an annoying commute this morning.

CP24 saying the cancelled all school buses in my area (York Region) whenever I see that I always think like it should mean I also shouldn't go into work lol.

I just walked home from work. All of that snow was glorious. I saw some Korean dude walking around in shorts and sandals, I should have high-fived him.

This sure as hell beats walking home from the movies last weekend and following a trail of blood all the way north on Yonge. If that all came from the same dude, welp, hope he had a good run. I nearly vomited when I got to the giant pool of it somewhere half-way between Wellesley and Carlton.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Days like today I wish I could work from home.
Days like this I wish it didn't take me an hour and 15 to get to work and have that commute up to 1 hour and 40 plus minutes.

Edit
Bo6iBsi.jpg

Dat spacing!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Don't let that 40s fool you guys. The bus came and disappeared. Fuck the TTC. One woman next to me had already been waiting 35 min.

Fuck the winter.

Mupod

Driving in winter makes me nervous, and driving in Toronto makes me REALLY nervous, but I'm glad I can stay off the highways. And at least I don't need to worry about crazy people going 120kph in whiteout conditions, or my road not being plowed for days at a time, or shoveling my driveway at 5AM.

Oh shit, it's snowing in Toronto. What is this white stuff? How do I drive? How do I walk? How does TTC TTC? Call the Army!

I am hearing all of this around the office.

I left at my usual time and got to work on time.

I can understand concern from drivers but the fact that five people in our office of 15 opted to work from home today is hilarious.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
GO commute from Cooksville to Union wasn't delayed at all.

I still got to work around 8:30.

Tonight, will likely be a different story. Going to leave work early, fucking winter.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It'd be nice if my work let us leave early but I doubt it.

Sad thing is I'm sure years ago I wouldn't even feel this way.

Walked from Yonge and Eglinton to Yonge and Lawrence during lunch.

Felt good.

As an aside, my metropass stripe stopped working. FUCK!

Roto13

My husband is from Northern Brazil and he walks to and from work every day and he never bitches about the snow because snow is great and cold is great.

Top Bottom