• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My husband is from Northern Brazil and he walks to and from work every day and he never bitches about the snow because snow is great and cold is great.
Prolly having an affair with a snowman he loves the snow so much! >=[

Edit: props where they are due. TTC sent a bus out right to where I was (taking a round about way) cause their other two buses were delayed (again). Unfortunately, those other two buses I waited for 20 min and they were supposedly 3 min away anyways...so now we got 3 buses in a row. GG TTC

Edit 2: this is a long shot but does anyone know where I could pick up some power adaptors for a monitor? N17908 ADP-40PH. It's for an Asus LED monitor that very suddenly and sadly died on me :(

Edit 3: it's a #teamwarm miracle! Checked out adaptor and it works again for now...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I left early like a #TeamWinter champ usually does, got to work early too.

Suck it, #TeamWarm.
Same, I left at 6:05am and was at work in 45 minutes instead of my usual 20 minute drive. My Foreman got to work at almost 8am and I jokingly gave him shit for being late.

Stupidest thing I saw today was a guy weaving in and out of lanes trying to get ahead of everyone on the 401 even though the plows were within sight of us and he couldn't go anywhere anyway.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Same, I left at 6:05am and was at work in 45 minutes instead of my usual 20 minute drive. My Foreman got to work at almost 8am and I jokingly gave him shit for being late.

Stupidest thing I saw today was a guy weaving in and out of lanes trying to get ahead of everyone on the 401 even though the plows were within sight of us and he couldn't go anywhere anyway.
HE HAS TO BE THERE 5 MIN EARLIER THAN EVERYONE ELSE CAUSE HE'S A GOOD OL ONTARIA BOY!

Willectro

Banned
Who would pay for the shovels?

Good Point.

FwB2x9S.jpg

Windam

Scaley member
Smiley! Come down to Scarbruh!

By the way Windham, I got into U of T for an liberal arts degree (because lol at the applications back in high school) and walked out with a B.Sc. If you are going to York for a B.A. I don't know why you would do that to yourself.

B.A.? Aw hell naw. Going there for a B.Sc in biomedical science.

One more semester (as long as I pass everything :p) and I'm gone!
Though I just stay in the Schulich building though, guards patrolling every other minute!

I hate you. Just remember that Schulich is still York ;____;

Sober

Smiley! Come down to Scarbruh!

B.A.? Aw hell naw. Going there for a B.Sc in biomedical science.

I hate you. Just remember that Schulich is still York ;____;
Trying to get that easy in into med school, are we? My sister went to York and she said for first year bio or chem their first test was "label the parts of the microscope" ... what? First day in chem labs they gave you ten minutes to look at it and if you couldn't deal, you were probably gonna fair first year inorganic chem at U of T. What.

Also no one at Schulich says they go to York. They go to Schulich. (Source: my younger brother, who is in Schulich).

Windam

Scaley member
Trying to get that easy in into med school, are we? My sister went to York and she said for first year bio or chem their first test was "label the parts of the microscope" ... what? First day in chem labs they gave you ten minutes to look at it and if you couldn't deal, you were probably gonna fair first year inorganic chem at U of T. What.

Also no one at Schulich says they go to York. They go to Schulich. (Source: my younger brother, who is in Schulich).

Med school, yes. Easy? I would have done Liberal Arts. :D And wtf @ microscope? We never got that shit. :(

The dishonesty among the people that go to Schulich... Whatever helps them sleep at night. ;D

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We're meeting for coffee before?

People always do.

Where&when? I'll check in at the hostel then I'm free
Just referring to meet up actually

However, Quad and a few others some times come a bit early for some extra MonHun. I will be in the area earlier so you poor Mr. saturns don't get lost. So we can do coffee :p. EVEN HIPSTER COFFEE!
I'm only coming for coffee if it's at a hipster coffee joint.
they're all hipster joints

Maybe it should be at that Chinese coffee place that closes at 7pm on a weekday, right?
It was Korean...KNOW YOUR GENERIC ASIANS YOU GENERIC ASIAN!

Quadratic

Just referring to meet up actually

However, Quad and a few others some times come a bit early for some extra MonHun. I will be in the area earlier so you poor Mr. saturns don't get lost. So we can do coffee :p. EVEN HIPSTER COFFEE!
they're all hipster joints

It was Korean...KNOW YOUR GENERIC ASIANS YOU GENERIC ASIAN!

That coffee shop is no longer in business. You think so if a coffee shop closes at 7pm. It's now a tofu stew restaurant.

I'm always hoping people would want to play MonHun but it ends up most people don't have the game and it just ends up with us just chatting. I got most of the clones on the Vita if anyone wants to try co op Freedom Wars or Toukiden

There is the Green Beanery at the corner close by. There's also some places close by that we can go to if people are really early. Future Bakery is at Brunswick a couple blocks away...

I'm going to leave early from the meetup since I have work the next day. Probably no after meetup soju break this time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just an FYI I should be there early tomorrow. Maybe 5-5:30 or so for some monster hunting action with Evilmario. We'll be in the area so likely a cafe nearby that doesn't close early. :p

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh yeah a Leafs game is going on tomorrow.

I think Kuro said he'd buy the bottle of champagne and I'd pour it on myself if Kessel ever scores.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Holy shit it takes more than an hour from toronto-pearson to downtown toronto?!? Who decided to
Build that airport so far out hot damn

I might be a bit late then depending on the airport&transit situation. :lol

I land at 3:30pm

zroid

Banned
Holy shit it takes more than an hour from toronto-pearson to downtown toronto?!? Who decided to

Yea... they're finally making an express rail from Pearson to Union Station but it won't be ready till next spring or so I think

It's not that bad. To be honest, it's probably about the same amount of time to get from YYZ to downtown Toronto as it is to get from YVR to downtown Vancouver. As much as people complain about the TTC here, I consider it reliable compared to the trash that was Translink in Vancouver. At least I've never had to get out of a subway car and walked along the tracks because it got stuck between stations for 2 hours.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Do any of these places happen to carry the hockey game? :p

Stupid 5pm start.
You can go to Victory early, they should carry the game or one of the other places such as Beer Station for sure carries it.

Actually...that sounds good. I may straight there for the game, but I guess it depends if hey have space. They told me we'd be downstairs where I believe the TVs are. Upstairs only if it's crowded.

Well you may not make the early meet up but it doesn't take 3 hours to get from the airport to Victory Cafe. Sorry about the Bratwurst...we really should've gone to 3 Brewers since they had a decent one and good beer there too.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Toronto Pearson is in Mississauga. Another city.

You can go to Victory early, they should carry the game or one of the other places such as Beer Station for sure carries it.

Actually...that sounds good. I may straight there for the game, but I guess it depends if hey have space. They told me we'd be downstairs where I believe the TVs are. Upstairs only if it's crowded.

Well, I'll check the thread I guess.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's not that bad. To be honest, it's probably about the same amount of time to get from YYZ to downtown Toronto as it is to get from YVR to downtown Vancouver. As much as people complain about the TTC here, I consider it reliable compared to the trash that was Translink in Vancouver. At least I've never had to get out of a subway car and walked along the tracks because it got stuck between stations for 2 hours.

What? It takes 25mins to get from the airport to downtown Vancouver. And it's also in another city.

Top Bottom