• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
the little foods are so good :(

this is what generic asians would actually be doing at a high tea tho

But they're so dainty! D:

I used to never take food pics, but I do quite a lot nowadays. My wife does a lot of times, even if we go to the restaurant down the street from us; though in her case, she forgets about a lot of meals.

I need to start taking her to McDonalds if she's going to forget all the nice restaurants we've patronized. -_-

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I was on Minus myself for the longest time, but I felt it just took LONGER to do everything I needed to do due to the clunky ass interfaced and the forced social networking aspect. Imgur is stable, it's using some new fancy tech to make gifs better (I'm a bit tired to find it and steal it and copy it here), and it works incredibly well on mobile as well, which minus does not (it involves installing a piece of shit app that doesn't let you find your pictures properly).
]

I ignore the social networking aspect entirely. minus does suck on mobile; that app is terrible. Minus does what I need it do for the most part. I just don't want to have to create yet another account for something.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I ignore the social networking aspect entirely. minus does suck on mobile; that app is terrible. Minus does what I need it do for the most part. I just don't want to have to create yet another account for something.

It's also ridiculously fast and easy to get stuff onto imgur. if the image is online, all you have to do is copy the URL and paste it into the upload portion of imgur and it'll do everything else itself.

It didn't take me long at all to move all my stuff over.

Quick

Banned
Minus has that same URL save feature.

I initially hopped on Minus because it didn't have a max file size like Imgur, but now they do. They also used to allow other file types on it, not just image files.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I love high tea and all my friends make fun of me because APPARENTLY guys aren't supposed to like that :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
... I actually do carry my DSLR with a macro lens with me pretty much everywhere. I would be guilty of this ... once in a while.
So you coming?
I'll show up to the meet up by myself, get strangers to take a picture of me pretending to have fun with a bunch of invisible people, it'd be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8buuOmnd4yo

Re-discovering this jam, friends. It's going to be a great weekend.
So you coming?
Talk to Boogie?

You gonna impersonate an officer anytime soon?
So you coming?
Why the hell are you up at 5am Quick
Because I'm on Japan time you racist!

Windam

Scaley member
Meetup on the 14th? I'll be there.

Only way I'll attend a TorontoGAF meetup is if someone from VancouverGAF is there :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Downtown near a subway station is my guess.

Seems like we have enough interest. Quick, you want to set it up or shall I?

Any suggestions for places? I agree, downtown near subway is vague.

Quick

Banned
you gonn do dis?

LOL yes.

But no, it's just important that I find one for a relatively okay price.

Downtown near a subway station is my guess.

Seems like we have enough interest. Quick, you want to set it up or shall I?

Any suggestions for places? I agree, downtown near subway is vague.

I'm a maybe, leaning toward a "yes". I'm coming from the east that day and I'm not available until after 5.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ok. Seems like we got enough interest at least, so I will make the meet up thread as well a bit later. Need to Leaf it up and get over being bummed.

Edit: fuck your Canucks, Smelly! >=[

Edit2: This is the tentative list while I get the meet up thread done. I got a pretty great idea, but I'm not sure I can pull it off...PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN, YOU WINTERITE DICKBAGS!

Tentative Victory Cafe at 6:30, so those who want to can get Korean Fried Chicken and we can end early if we wish and it's close to the subway for all.

attendees
kuro madoushi
Smiley90 (Honoured Pest...I mean Guest)
samyy
Windam
Dr Campino
CandyGirl
Quadratic (you always come...don't let me down!)

maybe
Quick (lol)
User33
Evilmario
Frecklestein

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Ok. Seems like we got enough interest at least, so I will make the meet up thread as well a bit later. Need to Leaf it up and get over being bummed.

Edit2: This is the tentative list while I get the meet up thread done. I got a pretty great idea, but I'm not sure I can pull it off...PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN, YOU WINTERITE DICKBAGS!

Tentative Victory Cafe at 6:30, so those who want to can get Korean Fried Chicken and we can end early if we wish and it's close to the subway for all.

attendees
kuro madoushi
samyy
Windam
Dr Campino
CandyGirl

maybe
Quick (lol)
User33
Evilmario
Frecklestein

Where the fuck is my name on this list? Even Quick is on the maybe list and he's never shown up (Sorry Quick).

JERK.

Oh man, I've been kind of a shut-in for a while and I suck at navigating. What's the address of the place so I can do TTC trip planner? And is there a menu? tight on cash due to holiday season.

mr.rager

Oh man, I've been kind of a shut-in for a while and I suck at navigating. What's the address of the place so I can do TTC trip planner? And is there a menu? tight on cash due to holiday season.

Someone usually orders nachos/pitcher of beer and we all just pool our money.

attendees
kuro madoushi
samyy
Windam
Dr Campino
CandyGirl

maybe
Quick (lol)
User33
Evilmario
Frecklestein

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This Sunday? I'm kinda busy prepping for finals.
Not tomorrow but next Sunday

edit: JESSSSSSSSUS! 'TENTATIVE' LIST!

attendees
kuro madoushi
shadowkat
mr. rager
Junior Mint
samyy
Windam
Dr Campino
CandyGirl
User33

maybe
Quick (lol)
Evilmario
Frecklestein

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Put me in as a maybe I guess.
Good enough for me.
Should I bring my 3DS?
What do we do at these meetups?
Yeah, what is the protocol for these meetups?

Streetpass each other. Pull out our Vitas to prove we have it and then put them away. Eat poor bar food. Drink bad beer or bad cola depending on your preference. Chat about gaems, neogaf drama, bitch about our local sports teams, take pics and post about the meet up! It's really the same thing we do in this thread except it's live and we game from time to time. I believe if EM does come, we may have another smash tourney for fun; I know I'm bringing my 3DS.

Sober

Put me down for a maybe right now, but yeah, a mini meetup sounds cool too, unless we somehow end up with 15-20 people again. Classic TO-GAF.

Quick

Banned
How much hate am I gonna get if I come wearing a 6 cap from the ovo shop

Show up doing this and you'll be just fine.

tumblr_mn6cagzae31srwnwko6_500.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I was just at 3 Brewers across from Eaton Centre. Decent beer and good food too. No Coors lite and tons of space. Not sure if I want the meet up here or the more familiar victory Cafe.

zroid

Banned
Man, I was just at 3 Brewers across from Eaton Centre. Decent beer and good food too. No Coors lite and tons of space. Not sure if I want the meet up here or the more familiar victory Cafe.

Been there once back when I graduated, beer and food were paid for by my program's student association. 'Twas pretty good. Drank too much and couldn't drive home, had to ask my parents to pick me up at like 1 am, lol.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Kave won't show up if there's no coors light

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

It would take me slightly less time to get to the Eaton's Centre.

Forever sad that I can no longer go to the World's Biggest Bookstore. :'( Which I what I always did anytime I was near the Eaton's Centre.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Put me down as a maybe for next Sunday. I have a volunteer gig that I was planning on helping out with that day that runs through the start of the meetup so I wouldn't be able to get there until 8:30 at the earliest, with 9:30 being more likely.

I still need to find more people to help fill out the rest of my team for that shift anyway so we'll see what happens. I might be able to swap with someone in the earlier shift which would clear me for that evening. I'll let you know once I've confirmed.

Top Bottom