• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

mr.rager

That sucks about Target. I wonder if any of their stores were profitable at all. The Square One location was always packed...

with people going to and from the bus terminal lol

zroid

Banned
I don't have a Target near me but over the next month or so I'll be making daily visits to Sunnybrook and there's a Target sort of near there. Might be able to get some stuff. Maybe even a Rosalina amiibo.
looool

jl4855

I don't have a Target near me but over the next month or so I'll be making daily visits to Sunnybrook and there's a Target sort of near there. Might be able to get some stuff. Maybe even a Rosalina amiibo.
looool

gl with parking, gonna bleed you dry

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Roto13

Well, with the Sony stores, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Any of the big box items you can find at the countless Futureshop / Best Buy stores. And then things like video games, they have five year old sports titles for full launch price.

Sony Store kind of fell out of my brain after the first time I went into one. I looked at the game prices and thought "Yeah, this clearly isn't a store I should consider even browsing" and just never really thought about it again.

Blah blah blah have to go outside to go to a Sony Store blah blah shut up you guys aren't clever

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Sony stores were this weird showroom places which never made sense to me because if anyone were interested in a TV or whatever, they'd go to a place like Best Buy /Futureshop where they could compare different brands than just a place that had one brand. They also had games, but I don't think they were ever on sale.

Fuck I didn't know about this. :( GO bussed it to and from York today, thankfully no reckless drivers [some (okay like one or two) of the operators drive like they're in a formula one series]. May that person RIP. :(

Am I bad person for liking these speeding bus drivers? I got on the bus at York at 10:00 PM, arrived at Richmond Hill Centre at 10:09 PM. It's a damn miracle. Who needs a subway when you have Autobahn GO.

Sony stores were this weird showroom places which never made sense to me because if anyone were interested in a TV or whatever, they'd go to a place like Best Buy /Futureshop where they could compare different brands than just a place that had one brand. They also had games, but I don't think they were ever on sale.

I bought a TV from one in the late 90s when they were an actual store you would consider buying stuff from.

They did turn into a quasi showroom at some point.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Sad about Target, even though I only went to one once. I just wanted an alternate to Walmart.

From what I heard, it was never as good as they are in the States.

Man, if Target wasn't even gonna try to put the great bargain bin prices that their American operations are known to have then they shouldn't have wasted their time.

The first and only time I shopped at my local target was to get some shirts and hoodies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That sucks about Target. I wonder if any of their stores were profitable at all. The Square One location was always packed...

with people going to and from the bus terminal lol
There's a rumour that a fucking awesome guy did all the lighting on the second floor of that Target.

looool
If you see more than one Rosalina then you better get me one. :(

Quick

Banned
All you need to do to remedy this is come to a meetup with Quad and I. That goes for anyone who plays Monster Hunter in this thread. Weekly meetups will probably start up again once MH4U is out. Come and play local, it's a blast!

Maybe.

I actually don't play MH. :lol

Anony

i went to A&C games
i'm just laughing at the prices in my head as i walk by looking over their shelves

i'll take our shitty conversion rate + import fees than by there
of course unless you cant find it online and it so happens that A&C has it

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All you need to do to remedy this is come to a meetup with Quad and I. That goes for anyone who plays Monster Hunter in this thread. Weekly meetups will probably start up again once MH4U is out. Come and play local, it's a blast!
Make it a goddamn weekend not a Wednesday...! We all don't have sugar Mommas!

Edit: just tried it out now. Man do I miss this game though of course I wish it looked and ran better...I also hope the N3DS nub will improve the camera too. I never liked my CCP.

Windam

Scaley member
i went to A&C games
i'm just laughing at the prices in my head as i walk by looking over their shelves

i'll take our shitty conversion rate + import fees than by there
of course unless you cant find it online and it so happens that A&C has it

Bought one thing from there (Threads of Fate for PS1, black label, all mint condition); $59.99. I mean, yeah it was worth it since I've been looking for a physical copy of the game since 2003-ish, and this one looks brand spankin' new, but fuckin' hell.

LCBO stopped selling Brugal Extra Dry. What will I drink now?
You have to ask yourself. What would kave man do?

image.php

RS4-

If you guys are in Markham, avoid Cafe Hollywood. Food and service is a goddamn nightmare. City Hollywood isn't much better, but Cafe just takes it to a whole new level.

Just mindblowing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Going to brunch on Sunday with a friend.

Need a good place I havent been before, open to recommendations. Area is irrelevant as long as food is good.

I was thinking of this

http://thebeastrestaurant.com/brunch-menu/

thoughts?

Looks good!

I'm biased, but Lady Marmalade and Bonjour Brioche in Leslieville always has fucking line ups. I've been to both plenty of times and they're pretty good. If you're sick of waiting, there are other of places that have seating or just go to Rashers for a bacon sandvich.

Kraftwerk

Looks good!

I'm biased, but Lady Marmalade and Bonjour Brioche in Leslieville always has fucking line ups. I've been to both plenty of times and they're pretty good. If you're sick of waiting, there are other of places that have seating or just go to Rashers for a bacon sandvich.

funny you mentioned those two. I go there all the time, love them. Just want to try something different.

jokkir

Anyone have any more MH4 codes? It might sway me into buying it.

Also, it's too damn cold out. I probably just need thicker pants.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any more MH4 codes? It might sway me into buying it.

Also, it's too damn cold out. I probably just need thicker pants.
Will pm you in a bit

Edit: check your PM
Also, Jesus FUCK is everyone and their mother getting MacBooks now?! The laptop selection is abysmal nowadays. You got Surface, Dell, Lenovo, and Apple. Wife didn't like what she saw and likely will get an Air with dual boot at this point.

MrNineties

TorontoGAF:

I have for sale 1 copy of Xenoblade Chronicles Wii. The box, instruction manual and game disc are all in great shape however the box art sleeve has minor water damage but is not visible while the sleeve is in the case. overall condition is stil very good. Would really like $80 for it if possible. PM me.

CTPCT3D.jpg

Top Bottom