• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Anony

i went to wvrst after all the hype
it was good, too loud though

question though, noticed the group beside us got an entire tray of fries, that can't be the large side right?
is it some secret option you have to ask for?

Sober

question though, noticed the group beside us got an entire tray of fries, that can't be the large side right?
Yeah, they're that big.

ahdurian

nope thats the right size

zroid

Banned
So how bout them Leafs

angrygirl.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just had brunch at County General Riverside. Ugh, definitely skip this place.

I had a pork belly sandwich with an egg and bean soup for 14 and it was so tiny. Wife had the eggs Benny and it was this deconstructed mess that was small and not appealing for 12. I got a Caesar for 12 and she got a cappuccino for 3. For 56 dollars including tip, I paid that much at Crown Princess for dim sum for much better food, portions, and service.

I'd prefer it if the Great Canadian Pie Co was still there. :(

RS4-

Food arrived in under 5 mins, warm, reheated and bland. Asked for a glass of water, asked again 15 mins later, got a takeout tray instead. Asked for water again after we paid, they wanted to charge us. 25 cents for takeout btw.

Other time I went there, myself and other tables spent 5 mins trying to get the attention of a waitress. Any of them. And again, the glass of water experience, took three times, but at least I wasn't charged for it.

explodet

Every time I had brunch anywhere I felt like I was being overcharged for the food and I was paying for the "experience".

I'd rather stay home and make a plate of sausage & eggs with baked beans, tomatoes and toast/scones with coffee or earl grey tea.

Or hell, just go to Fran's.

jokkir

Thank you guys for the code!

I totally forgot I haven't updated my 3DS in a while hoping to find Cubic Ninja but no luck so far :( I guess I should just update.

Sober

I started a new XCOM: Long War campaign and I generated a namelist with gaffers and some goons to use for my soldier names. Looks like quite a few of TO-GAF also ended up showing up on my roster.

I'll try not to get you guys killed, but this is XCOM we're talking about ...

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Xcom loves making me a Russian. I've been in 3 games run by other people and in each one I've ended up as a Russian somehow. Not liking my chances if I ever get taken on a mission with only 3 base health, a negative defence and crappy aim. At least I've got a decent will score.

soultron

Banned
#TeamWarm are secretly Grays. You should probably put them in a rocket and shoot them back into space before they sabotage your campaign further.

explodet

Stollerys? Nah, never went in there once.

But I have noticed Toronto has a general issue with "historical landmarks" in that they eventually go away one way or another. Like the Sam the Record Man neon sign, we're never going to see that again.

Or like that one building north of Yonge and Dundas that was designated historical, and burnt down, fell over then sank into the swamp.

Stet

Banned
The OMB is pretty much the worst organization in the province. Badly run, doesn't do its job even in the slightest, open to lobbying and pretty much always sides with the developers.

ahdurian

anyone know where I can get cheap Raptors tickets, other than StubHub/Kijiji?
Don't know if anyone has any connections to get them, so just asking ;D

TTC is bleeding money, and they have 99999 problems, so this is unavoidable.

Also, from what I hear, they should stop buying shit from Bombardier
I hope voters learn a lesson about asking for expansions and not paying more at the same time, but I doubt that will actually happen.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
That makes no sense. Isn't the price of gas way down?

I don't think gas is a major source of cost for the TTC at all. Only the buses use gasoline I think, and most of them are hybrids anyways. Everything is probably going into infrastructure upgrades, and fixing the messes with the new streetcars and subway trains.

Divvy

Eh, it's for the suburbs I imagine. They needed it to considering the growing weatlh disparity between the main city and them. It will help out with day to day costs for families.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hopefully monthly passes won't go up too much. This might be good though. Better 24 hour stuff is always good if you ask me.

I've heard monthly passes are considered like 49.5 rides. So, it's going to be almost a $5 increase, a tiny bit less for subscribers. Not the worst increase, but I doubt we'll be 'getting more' by paying more.

That makes no sense. Isn't the price of gas way down? They should be breaking the bank.

Making fares free for kids is cool though, I wish YRT would do that >_>

I wish things worked like this. Cost of gas going down could mean lower prices on everything. Especially food, where costs have skyrocketed for the past half decade. But yep, I haven't seen anything dropping at the grocery store.

Willectro

Banned
Ugh, fare increase. Here we go. I have no problem paying more if the outstanding, systemic problems will be remedied, but that just isn't going to happen. Ever. I guess this is just the Rogers model being applied to a city though.

Edit: I can't wait to find out where the magical money to fund ""Smart" Track" is going to come from.

Divvy

Ugh, fare increase. Here we go. I have no problem paying more if the outstanding, systemic problems will be remedied, but that just isn't going to happen. Ever. I guess this is just the Rogers model being applied to a city though.

Edit: I can't wait to find out where the magical money to fund ""Smart" Track" is going to come from.

I doubt Smart Track is ever going to happen. It hinges on the electrification of the Go line which is never going to happen.

On a related fun fact:

The new streetcar's brakes were only rated for when the vehicle was empty, and was never rated for a full load. One of the reasons they are are so slow. Hilarious if it weren't so sad.

Willectro

Banned
I doubt Smart Track is ever going to happen. It hinges on the electrification of the Go line which is never going to happen.

Agreed. So with the fare increase and the strong potential that Smart Track will never happen, what's really left of Tory's campaign? I say this now as someone who voted for him.

Divvy

Agreed. So with the fare increase and the strong potential that Smart Track will never happen, what's really left of Tory's campaign? I say this now as someone who voted for him.

As an empty suit candidate, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that his campaign promises are empty as well.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Impossible to fulfill transit promises during an election.. why I never. A shame Chow had a shit campaign. At least her transit goals were more.. realistic. But that usually won't win any votes. Ford's was entirely pie in the sky and Tory's, while mostly unobtainable, looked totally reasonable by comparison.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Actually, metropass is getting a disproportionate bump. $133.75 to $141.50

So that's 52 trips per month on the bulk cash fare ($2.70). ie; It's getting to the point where even if you take transit to work every day, it might cost you less to buy tokens. Of course those that subscribe yearly receive a discount of a few bucks.

The TTC hates the metropass and has said as much. They see it as costing them revenue by not forcing people to buy cash fare. It's still worth it for us to have a metropass on hand. For to and from work, being able to lend it to others and weekend trips. But in a few years, we might think differently at the rate it's going.

Basically, we're one of the most expensive transit systems in the world for those that live here. And we receive a small fraction of the convenience and modernization other systems have. Just ask Brad Ross (albeit much better than Stintz); World class, baby!

There needs to be pressure on the other levels of government to actually give us funding. It's ridiculous how underfunded our transit is. But with that said, the TTC has shown it does very poorly with the money it does have on hand too.

https://twitter.com/CityCynthia/status/557241974315810817

Willectro

Banned
Towing on city streets? I guess.

Sigh.

I don't drive, take the bus, or live in Scarborough, lol.

Actually, metropass is getting a disproportionate bump. $133.75 to $141.50

So that's 52 trips per month on the bulk cash fare ($2.70). ie; It's getting to the point where even if you take transit to work every day, it might cost you less to buy tokens. Of course those that subscribe yearly receive a discount of a few bucks.

The TTC hates the metropass and has said as much. They see it as costing them revenue by not forcing people to buy cash fare. It's still worth it for us to have a metropass on hand. For to and from work, being able to lend it to others and weekend trips. But in a few years, we might think differently at the rate it's going.

Basically, we're one of the most expensive transit systems in the world for those that live here. And we receive a small fraction of the convenience and modernization other systems have. Just ask Brad Ross (albeit much better than Stintz); World class, baby!

There needs to be pressure on the other levels of government to actually give us funding. It's ridiculous how underfunded our transit is. But with that said, the TTC has shown it does very poorly with the money it does have on hand too.

https://twitter.com/CityCynthia/status/557241974315810817

Oh god, dat Metropass bump. I wish I could just ask my parents to bankroll me.

Top Bottom