• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Roto13

33diioV.png

uh

I live near there.

I didn't stab anyone though.

You can't prove anything.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If you're offering, I'll buy it...unless you just like having two because it makes you feel better than us! >: (
Yeah I was offering just like I have in the past with so many other things. I ordered two from Amazon.ca, one from the first time it was available and then a second one when they started taking orders again. As long as I get both then I'll let you have one. I'd normally let it go for cost but because I hate you I'll charge you double.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I was offering just like I have in the past with so many other things. I ordered two from Amazon.ca, one from the first time it was available and then a second one when they started taking orders again. As long as I get both then I'll let you have one. I'd normally let it go for cost but because I hate you I'll charge you double.
You're the reason I couldn't get one! D:
thanks!

Rinoa

Anonna was aight, def a good starter afternoon tea. Not expensive and casual. Cute pastel tea sets with flowers and hummingbirds, though it didn't match some of the plates. They didn't change cutlery between savory and sweet which was odd, but not a big deal to me.

They could do with something to keep tea pots warm. Many afternoon tea places have these thingies that go under the pot to keep it hot all the time.

B7ClU8pIQAAqLm-.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anonna was aight, def a good starter afternoon tea. Not expensive and casual. Cute pastel tea sets with flowers and hummingbirds, though it didn't match some of the plates. They didn't change cutlery between savory and sweet which was odd, but not a big deal to me.

They could do with something to keep tea pots warm. Many afternoon tea places have these thingies that go under the pot to keep it hot all the time.

B7ClU8pIQAAqLm-.jpg

We...have...high tea places? I know there are a bunch of Asian bubble tea places and Dim Sum is time to drink tea, but I never knew we had something like this here. Hell, I've even gone to some places like this in Seoul.

Er...

I mean, I THINK THIS STUFF IS TOO GIRLY! WHERE'S MY COORS LITE?

Thread goes from desperate craigslist scat fetishist to afternoon tea spot pics without skipping a beat.

Love you, TOGAF.

SIP ALL YOUR TEA, GO TO THE WASHROOM, AND THEN FIGHT ME!

Windchill vs Humidex sounds like a kickass/horribad comic book battle.
Hahaha, now I wish EM included something like this in the next thread title!

B7ClU8pIQAAqLm-.jpg

I want to go to this place. Tea >> Coffee

fqjp43r.gif

B7ClU8pIQAAqLm-.jpg

Are you talking about a tea cosy?

Rinoa

We...have...high tea places? I know there are a bunch of Asian bubble tea places and Dim Sum is time to drink tea, but I never knew we had something like this here. Hell, I've even gone to some places like this in Seoul.

Er...

Many hotels have it in Toronto, King Eddy got da oldest one I think. Windsor arms is also popular. Thinking of going to Shangri La (but ew it's in the lobby) or Ritz next.

Are you talking about a tea cosy?

It's one of these things with a candle

10580159_10152709955142652_8603710596705294064_n.jpg

guess it's a "teapot warmer" http://www.teavana.com/tea-products...-warmers/p/marc-stainless-steel-teapot-warmer

because their pots are so large.. usually teapots are smaller so you just get hot water often

ahdurian

Er...

there's actually quite a few of those high tea places around Toronto. I always see pictures of my friends going there

http://youtu.be/f9IUEuwzmbw

Should I be ashamed I've been to about 75% of these places......
you shouldn't. I'm more ashamed I haven't been to about 76% of them

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You put the tea bag in the Coors Light. Do you not know how to make tea?

There is the famous (or infamous?) "cold tea" in Chinatown :O

Have you been to that juice bar? that chia seed drink looks interesting. I'm going to steal that recipe and make my own.
Yes. I didn't have anything fancy though and I wasn't particularly impressed.

If you can make your own, it's probably better to do so instead of paying a premium for that.

whitehawk

Banned
This might be a long shot.

Is there ANY place in toronto that sales cables for a decent price? I need a mini display port > HDMI cable, but don't want to spend dozens of dollars for one. I'd rather buy at a store just because of shipping times (going to florida soon, want the hdmi cable for the hotel TV).

Omlagus

Is there ANY place in toronto that sales cables for a decent price? I need a mini display port > HDMI cable, but don't want to spend dozens of dollars for one. I'd rather buy at a store just because of shipping times (going to florida soon, want the hdmi cable for the hotel TV).

Depending on whether you'd be able to get up to Markham you could try Infinite Cables. I've had stuff from them within a day or two, if you had the time to get it shipped before your trip, or you can pick up your order there.

In terms of specifically mini display port to hdmi, looks like they have a few options.

http://www.infinitecables.com/display-port-cables.html#mdphdmi

Er...

I went to Ritz a few weeks ago. They had champagne and tea. It's fine.

krae_man

The Source, oh wait you said decent price.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Active Surplus carries cords and cables, but I've no clue how the pricing is compared to the usual suspects (NCIX, Factory Direct, Canada Computers, Tiger Direct) for something like that. That and there stock is ever in flux. If you're downtown though, might be worth a peak?

cbox

You can also try these guys ( not a store though! ) I got my cables in a day or so.

http://www.primecables.com/?_ga=1.214537047.1113525004.1421106687

whitehawk

Banned
Depending on whether you'd be able to get up to Markham you could try Infinite Cables. I've had stuff from them within a day or two, if you had the time to get it shipped before your trip, or you can pick up your order there.

In terms of specifically mini display port to hdmi, looks like they have a few options.

http://www.infinitecables.com/display-port-cables.html#mdphdmi
Looks great, though a little out of my ways, about a 45 minute drive. Thanks!

The Source, oh wait you said decent price.
Seriously tho. They sell short micro USB charging cables for phones for $20+. Crazy stuff.

Active Surplus carries cords and cables, but I've no clue how the pricing is compared to the usual suspects (NCIX, Factory Direct, Canada Computers, Tiger Direct) for something like that. That and there stock is ever in flux. If you're downtown though, might be worth a peak?

You can also try these guys ( not a store though! ) I got my cables in a day or so.

http://www.primecables.com/?_ga=1.214537047.1113525004.1421106687
This place looks decent.

Thanks everyone!

Went to Wvrst for the first time ever this weekend, HOLY FUCK THE DUCK FAT FRIES ARE AMAZING.

Got a Kangaroo sausage too, was delicious.

I need to go there again but it's stuck in the "too far for me to walk to but close enough that taking the bus to go there seems like a waste of money" territory for me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Went to Wvrst for the first time ever this weekend, HOLY FUCK THE DUCK FAT FRIES ARE AMAZING.

Got a Kangaroo sausage too, was delicious.
WVRST hates Neogaf. I SAID IT!

Even with two connections, we couldn't get a reservation despite the fact Firehawk and I SAW reserved seats! >=[

isny

napkin dispenser
It's probably for the best we've never had a meetup there. They wouldn't appreciate a 55% tip.

Can we have an unofficial meetup there? Or at least the equivilant of that? (Me meeting EM in the bathroom stall and getting the worst of the wurst)

Honestly though, you guys talk about the place so much, I feel I'm obligated to visit during my next trip.

Top Bottom