• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Uniqlo might take a few more stores now that Target has closed? They're generally not that big though and don't need ALL that space...maybe put a Starbucks in there as well?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I wonder if Uniqlo might take a few more stores now that Target has closed? They're generally not that big though and don't need ALL that space...maybe put a Starbucks in there as well?

Ehh, I think the market for Uniqlo is more skewed towards the younger crowd, who probably don't frequent department stores or suburban malls as much. At least, not enough to justify the floorspace Target leaves behind.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ehh, I think the market for Uniqlo is more skewed towards the younger crowd, who probably don't frequent department stores or suburban malls as much. At least, not enough to justify the floorspace Target leaves behind.

Yeah it might be too much. I still think cheap clothing would do well here even if there's already Old Navy...

LET ME DREAM, DIVVY! :mad:

jstripes

Banned
Too much thinking required. I give up.

Niceeee. Love Uniqlo. Looking forward to the inevitable metal gear and monster hunter collabos. Their underwear is on point. And their no show socks.

Are the game themed clothes available in stores outside of Japan?

They've only announced two stores. They're testing the waters.

explodet

They've only announced two stores. They're testing the waters.
You mean they're not taking over 100+ existing stores with questionable locations and supply issues?
Now that's just crazy!

The US/UK online store had Monster Hunter t-shirts and underwear for a very limited time, I don't know what the heck that means for us though.

jstripes

Banned
The US/UK online store had Monster Hunter t-shirts and underwear for a very limited time, I don't know what the heck that means for us though.

It means you'll probably see it online, but not in-store. At least, not as they try to build their public perception. Game-themed clothes don't hold much appeal outside of Hot Topic, Old Navy, or Walmart.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Well, it seems like they are testing the market. And the article says that Nordstrom will be sharing the space.

Windam

Scaley member
You mean they're not taking over 100+ existing stores with questionable locations and supply issues?
Now that's just crazy!

We'll occasionally get shirts with maple leaves on them.

Maybe.

neptunes

I'm trying to figure out where UNIQLO fits in the Toronto retail market.

It's cheaper than ZARA and the GAP but not as cheap as H&M. It just seems niche to me.

Will they occupy whatever space Old Navy does?

jstripes

Banned
I'm trying to figure out where UNIQLO fits in the Toronto retail market.

It's cheaper than ZARA and the GAP but not as cheap as H&M. It just seems niche to me.

Who cares? More options. Apparently the quality is top notch. (But not as good as it was five years ago.)

((Plus, I'll never forget UNIQLOCK.))

A few thoughts and observations on my first full day in Toronto:

Tim Hortons are everywhere.
I got sardined in a streetcar during the morning commute.
Payphones are still a thing here. I saw many Bell phones around town.
I also saw a lot of graffiti as well.

Azuran

Banned
A few thoughts and observations on my first full day in Toronto:

Tim Hortons are everywhere.
I got sardined in a streetcar during the morning commute.
Payphones are still a thing here. I saw many Bell phones around town.
I also saw a lot of graffiti as well.

Worst thing in this city by far. Taking public transit around 8:30-9:30 is the worst thing in the world. I actively avoid having classes at that time, but I wasn't so lucky this term.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's alright, I just saw it as part of the Toronto experience.

I also had some authentic Chinese in Chinatown, it was great.
So what do you have planned for the rest of your time here and why does it involve ramen/burgers/pho/coffee?
Yes! Gimme blizzards!
I hope a polar bear steals the food in your fridge and forces you to go out to buy food! >=[
The actual coast is hogging it all.
I hope you chip a tooth on an ice cube! >=[
Well at least there's some snow on the ground right now.

I also kinda want a DQ Blizzard.
I hope...hmmm...the closest DQ near you closes? >=

I only know of two left, one by Vic Park that isn't open in winter and the other in Chinatown.

dubq

Prices probably won't be as cheap, but I've been waiting for UNIQLO to come here since I first shopped at the one in Tokyo back in 2006. It's like an H&M that doesn't completely suck balls.

ahdurian

Anyone know where I can get some great pancakes downtown?
I've been craving pancakes for the past two days...closest one (to me atleast) is at Bathurst-College (Aunties and Uncles)
Trying to see where else I could feed my hunger

Magnus

Anyone know where I can get some great pancakes downtown?
I've been craving pancakes for the past two days...closest one (to me atleast) is at Bathurst-College (Aunties and Uncles)
Trying to see where else I could feed my hunger

The Senator, near Dundas Square on Victoria. So good. Best breakfast in the city, and for such a ridiculously reasonable price, too. Makes me feel real stupid paying $10 for 'brunch' at one of Toronto's shitty greasy spoons when I'm with friends in other parts of the city.

dubq

The Senator, near Dundas Square on Victoria. So good. Best breakfast in the city, and for such a ridiculously reasonable price, too. Makes me feel real stupid paying $10 for 'brunch' at one of Toronto's shitty greasy spoons when I'm with friends in other parts of the city.

Seconded. The Senator is amazing!

Uniqlo is great. Their clothes are sorta like the clothes they sell at Muji. Some basic/cleaner looking clothing that isn't gaudy nor flashy. Good value for the money. And best of all, it's usually slimmer and more fitted so it doesn't look like the baggy trash you get at Gap or Old Navy.

Quadratic

I'm pumped for the Uniqlo news. No more having to travel to the States for shirts.

@ahdurian You probably found your pancakes already but I enjoy the Senator a lot. I used to eat there often while going to Ryerson. But avoid the huevos rancheros. I found that they weren't so good.

If you're around the area later we have have a Japanese Curry house on Dundas near University called Gyugyuya

ahdurian

so looks like everyone says Senator
have to find time to go there then D:

I was thinking of just having brunch at Aunties and Uncles tomorrow since it's closer to my work, and I only get an hour lunch.
Ryerson is a little far for me, since I work at King-Bathurst

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TTC was perfect for once this morning. AKA I got to work 10 min early.

Then the TTC remembered it was the TTC and I'm stuck on the SRT and it'll take me an extra 30-45 min to get home.

God. Dammit!

Top Bottom