• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Anony

do not be excited for uniqlo

muji opened in eatons (or beside it guess)
all their products have their japanese tags on it with their yen prices

500 yen items were
7-12+$
1000 yen items were
15-20+$
so on and so on

i'm amazed the idiots that buy this shit in the store

Quick

Banned
So glad it didn't snow at all today. But the forecast on Google says Thursday, so I'm concerned.

do not be excited for uniqlo

muji opened in eatons (or beside it guess)
all their products have their japanese tags on it with their yen prices

500 yen items were
7-12+$
1000 yen items were
15-20+$
so on and so on

i'm amazed the idiots that buy this shit in the store

But so Japanese though~!~!~!

I looked at Muji, and their items look nice, but nah.

Windam

Scaley member
You mean like how there are people who have no idea who sir paul mccartney is?

I didn't post that one because it hurts too much for me to even think about. I think my cousin in ninth grade may not even know The Beatles existed, so then she'd be unaware of everyone's solo work; unaware of Paul. And John. And George. And Ringo.

WR6NZpz.gif

TTC was perfect for once this morning. AKA I got to work 10 min early.

Then the TTC remembered it was the TTC and I'm stuck on the SRT and it'll take me an extra 30-45 min to get home.

God. Dammit!

Were you at SRT around 8am today? Happen to see around 100 students waiting on one of the bus terminals, freezing their ass off as the buses that goes to a certain public college took their sweet ass time?

I was one of those students.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Were you at SRT around 8am today? Happen to see around 100 students waiting on one of the bus terminals, freezing their ass off as the buses that goes to a certain public college took their sweet ass time?

I was one of those students.
Around 8:10 or so I was on. And I believe I just avoided that traffic mess. My coworker though...

Samyy

ffffuuuuuu--

i feel old

im 19

why

STOP D:
Its dawning on me now, I was so happy to be graduating, but now its all gonna be work work work.

Just realized that this past Winter Break is likely going to be one of the few last times I ever have 4 weeks of uninterrupted no responsibility sleep all day play games all night types of holidays EVER! D:

Quadratic

STOP D:
Its dawning on me now, I was so happy to be graduating, but now its all gonna be work work work.

Just realized that this past Winter Break is likely going to be one of the few last times I ever have 4 weeks of uninterrupted no responsibility sleep all day play games all night types of holidays EVER! D:

Wait until you get a mortgage.... ugh

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
STOP D:

Don't worry, you'll probably be unemployed for a long while after you graduate with no prospects for employment. :p

Windam

Scaley member
STOP D:

Vacation days!

(Except you should go on an actual vacation instead of sleeping and playing games at home all day. Sleep and play games all day in Hawaii!)

Don't worry, you'll probably be unemployed for a long while after you graduate with no prospects for employment. :p

._.

Samyy

Already have a job lined up :p
The one consolation

Wait until you get a mortgage.... ugh

Lol yea living in my parents basement for at least a year or two to save up for a downpayment...

Vacation days!

(Except you should go on an actual vacation instead of sleeping and playing games at home all day. Sleep and play games all day in Hawaii!)

._.

Yea but, I mean even as an adult you'll have other responsibilities - chores and stuff like that.
This last break I literally woke up, ate cereal, played Dragon Age, played Civ 5, slept repeat.
Never again D:

Oh and I only have 3 weeks of vacation all year! Goddammit!

Roto13

Little turds. Adulthood is awesome. Adults only tell teenagers that high school is the best time of their lives so they don't kill themselves.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guilty. I don't even really know what's east of the DVP. My world is pretty much boxed inside of Bathurst/Bloor/Church lol.
Visit Leslieville and the BeachES. You haven't been to the Distillery a District yet? Get on that! Go there during one of the days where people are taking wedding photos and there be your girls.

explodet

I was a North York kid so the west side of Toronto was my entire playground thanks to the TTC (back when it was pretty good), a bike and firm latchkey status.

Anything east of Yonge might as well have been Montreal for how well I knew it.

I was a North York kid so the west side of Toronto was my entire playground thanks to the TTC (back when it was pretty good), a bike and firm latchkey status.

Anything east of Yonge might as well have been Montreal for how well I knew it.

I am 36 and I still barely go East of Yonge.

Oddly enough I was born in Scarborough.

Kraftwerk

I remember I was leaving a party, and was on the subway going north from queen. I was with a bunch of people from that party.

This one fuxking dude asked me where I get off, and I said sheppard, and he without sarcasm goes;

"Ugh, I get a nosebleed anywhere north of bloor"

Now, I have seen his place. A box that he calls a house on top of a restaurant.

I know a lot of folk joke about it, but I have met a ton of kids downtown.who hate on everything north of bloor and would rather "die" than life there.

OK buddy, you chill in your hip roach infested place on queen, and I'll chill in the house I rent for less money.

Never got the hate.

krae_man

zHYtbDq.png

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Dude, you're old enough to know who Al Bundy is. Get out of here with that 2000's stuff.

KltKBLP.jpg

Sober

I remember I was leaving a party, and was on the subway going north from queen. I was with a bunch of people from that party.

This one fuxking dude asked me where I get off, and I said sheppard, and he without sarcasm goes;

"Ugh, I get a nosebleed anywhere north of bloor"

Now, I have seen his place. A box that he calls a house on top of a restaurant.

I know a lot of folk joke about it, but I have met a ton of kids downtown.who hate on everything north of bloor and would rather "die" than life there.

OK buddy, you chill in your hip roach infested place on queen, and I'll chill in the house I rent for less money.

Never got the hate.
Wow the Toronto elitism is real. Was that person even old enough to remember anything pre-amalgamation?

Kraftwerk

Wow the Toronto elitism is real. Was that person even old enough to remember anything pre-amalgamation?

Oh, trust me. Lot of elitists out there. When I first came to Canada and lived in Scarborough, a lot of folks I met who loved downtown would be like " wow, no idea how you can live there..."

I still get that today. Its incredibly ironic when I hear it from people who like this guys lives in an alley which has its corner habituated by crack heads. Literally.

I just never understood the elitism. Yeah, I admit downtown is nice and.close to everything. But I'd rather my rent go to a bugger place, and my areanis incredibly clean and well kept.

Dunno.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't think we discussed it in here but we should...

Guvernment closed it's doors last weekend. I know most of us here are roughly around the same age so I'm sure tons of us have been there at least once or twice.

Guvernment was the first club I went to during my clubbing days, it was the one I frequented the most. I used to go back before the smoking ban came in.

Back in those days you'd be forced to take in all the second hand smoke of these giant super clubs and then come home and have to shower immediately because your eyes were bloodshot and your clothes and yourself smelled like shit.

Visit Leslieville and the BeachES. You haven't been to the Distillery a District yet? Get on that! Go there during one of the days where people are taking wedding photos and there be your girls.

You have piqued my interest. I've actually been to the distillery district once for the Christmas market. It was pretty nice and I really want to go back but paying $6 to go there and back on the TTC (when it's not even THAT far from me) is off-putting.

Oh, trust me. Lot of elitists out there. When I first came to Canada and lived in Scarborough, a lot of folks I met who loved downtown would be like " wow, no idea how you can live there..."

I still get that today. Its incredibly ironic when I hear it from people who like this guys lives in an alley which has its corner habituated by crack heads. Literally.

I just never understood the elitism. Yeah, I admit downtown is nice and.close to everything. But I'd rather my rent go to a bugger place, and my areanis incredibly clean and well kept.

Dunno.

Eh, most of downtown Toronto isn't even really that nice IMO. It's nicer around the financial district but like even along Yonge between Bloor and Dundas is kinda sketchy. I've only been here 4 months or so and I've already seen multiple fights along that street and there was some crack head that randomly stabbed multiple people a few days ago. http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/man-charged-after-3-people-injured-in-random-stabbing-attack-1.2204824

I feel like once I really settle in and can afford a car, I'll probably end up moving to North York.

Guvernment closed it's doors last weekend. I know most of us here are roughly around the same age so I'm sure tons of us have been there at least once or twice.

Guvernment was the first club I went to during my clubbing days, it was the one I frequented the most. I used to go back before the smoking ban came in.

Back in those days you'd be forced to take in all the second hand smoke of these giant super clubs and then come home and have to shower immediately because your eyes were bloodshot and your clothes and yourself smelled like shit.

Everytime I go there for an EDM event it's crazy packed.. I'm pretty sure they're breaking the fire code or something cause it's insanely crowded and EVERYONE is shirtless and/or sweating like crazy. Kinda nasty but then again pretty much everyone's on molly so it makes sense lol.

explodet

Saw Infected Mushroom at the Guv. Gave a friend of a friend of a friend - a guy about 50 pounds heavier than me - my health card for ID so he could be let in.

Inside it was packed to capacity, way more than it should have. Drinks took forever to get, and ended up having to go to the outside lounges to breathe, sure it was smokey but there was still oxygen in the air.

They finally took the stage around 4am or so, and the crowds were even worse.
My girlfriend at the time was almost traumatized, but I had a blast.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Dude, you're old enough to know who Al Bundy is. Get out of here with that 2000's stuff.

91sn32Q.jpg

You have piqued my interest. I've actually been to the distillery district once for the Christmas market. It was pretty nice and I really want to go back but paying $6 to go there and back on the TTC (when it's not even THAT far from me) is off-putting.

Eh, most of downtown Toronto isn't even really that nice IMO. It's nicer around the financial district but like even along Yonge between Bloor and Dundas are kinda sketchy. I've only been here 4 months or so and I've already seen multiple fights along that street and there was some crack head that randomly stabbed multiple people a few days ago. http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/man-charged-after-3-people-injured-in-random-stabbing-attack-1.2204824

I feel like once I really settle in and can afford a car, I'll probably end up moving to North York.

'The core' is definitely my least favourite area of the city. It's busy, it's dirty, it's filled with a bunch of big box stores and the green space (dog owner checking in) is almost non-existent. You don't even need to go as far as North York to find more attractive areas. Bloor West, Swansea, Roncesvalles, The Beaches, the Annex, the Junction, Hillcrest, Deer Park, Leslieville. They're all within a short commute of downtown and really, I'd much rather live in those areas. And shopping in those neighbhourhoods is better than walking through Eaton and walking up Yonge.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm hoping to move into Toronto in the next 2 years.

Toronto-GAF I'm from Thornhill, please advise what area will make me still feel like I live there but in Toronto. :p

jl4855

my first boss out of university moonlighted as a bouncer at Guvernment, good times.

Top Bottom