• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

I'll be the judge of that!

edit: So much reading, fuck this.
The important part:
XIPicFY.png

Roto13

Mostly the same games they used for the Welcome Back program.

I might get Wipeout just because I don't have it on the account I use on Vita and I want the free Wipeout 2048 DLC. :p

Lurkee

Neo Member
I don't blame all cyclist. I think it's a great way to commute. But the 10% (which feels more like 40% sometimes) of the cyclist that ride on sidewalks, run lights, and have no respect for anyone else really drive me crazy. It's especially dangerous for me when I'm walking a dog and someone comes up from behind going 30kph, and basically brushes shoulders with me. Couldn't even be bothered to have a bell on his bike.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but in the innercity suburbs (North York, Etobicoke, etc.), it can be sometimes more dangerous for bikers to be riding on the road since the drivers don't expect bikers at all. Plus, sidewalks tend to be a bit wider there. I think the best thing to do for bikers on sidewalks (when in the innercity--I think you should be safe downtown since cars don't travel that fast anyway) when approaching pedestrians is to slow down and warn them that you're coming.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
JJJn7cE.jpg

So, which one of these do you want as our mascot for the Pan Am games?

I personally like the beaver with the tumors on his head

Azih

Those very colourful animals remind me of..

iJdu91fubXDki.png

..but maybe I've just been playing too much Monster Hunter.

Maple Leaf head Beaver looks creepy hideous. Racoon looks like Poochie and Owl look generic. I don't get how the Hedgehog represents Toronto, so I'd go for either the moose or the twin wing head things.

They should have had a better looking racoon though. Raccoons all over the damn city.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda tired so I probably talked about this and don't remember...

So when Bourdain can here for the Layover....seriously? Only Kensington Market and St. Lawrence Market?????

If it were me, in addition to the two above,
Distillery District (great coffee and chocolate and good places to eat)
The Beaches (walks and good places to eat)
Danforth (Messini and more ethnic places popping up)
Little India (take your pick?)
Koreatown (Arisu is my fave place recently)
Yorkville (lots of places here)

He showed a bit of Leslieville with Burger's Priest, but missed a great bunch of coffee shops in my area: Tango, Dark Horse, Mercury, Te Aro, etc. He also missed Rashers that is here though it may not have been open at the time. There are also a lot of wine bars in the area too.

Nothing about Kaji Sushi or Taro's Fish or Kaiseki or Hiro Sushi??? Nothing about Guu? Pizza Libretto?? Nothing about the Japanese run Ramen bars??? Momofuku? Kinton? What about Splendido? Scaramouche??? I don't like it personally, but Sassafraz?

I think there was some weird dim sum featured there and he missed Rol San and Lai Wah Heen?

I'm too used to Chinese food so I can't recommend a good place around here, but I'm sure there was something good to visit at least.

So when Bourdain can here for the Layover....seriously? Only Kensington Market and St. Lawrence Market?????

If you think that is bad, you should see the New York episode. He goes to *three* fucking hot dog places and doesn't set foot in Brooklyn. It is truly bizarre. When he got to the third hot dog place at the end, my wife just threw her arms up in the air and said "fuck this"

Toronto photo of the day:

OZIaAgc.jpg

source

Montresor

Yes, let there be more snow. The colder the better. This is Ontario, Canada god dammit, not Venice Beach, California. I was so happy with the snow/weather we got this winter.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You stupid loser! My birthday is on Monday!

BUT FEAR NOT TONIGHT IS A WIN WITH A WINNIPEG LOSS!
Cats age differently! D:
Yes, let there be more snow. The colder the better. This is Ontario, Canada god dammit, not Venice Beach, California. I was so happy with the snow/weather we got this winter.
Y....you shaddap Monty! Death to snow! It's also April now, we're not goddamn ALBERTA.

Oppo

screw you. it's almost May.

EC said:
Average Max for today: 13°C
Average Min for today: 4°C

Current temperature: 0ºC

shit ain't right

Top Bottom