• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I thought it was based on how long you've been a season ticket holder?

Anyway, I laugh whenever someone says they are going to get tickets and I tell them they better make friends with an NBA sponsor or pay an obscene amount on stubhub.....and then they think they'll be able to get tickets off stubhub for a couple hundred dollars haha

No clue just got an email from them saying I have an opportunity to get tickets on a specific date.

So my favourite fried chicken in Toronto used to be at The Stockyards but I have a new favourite. I was at Rose and Sons last night and got this:

3vgZHZz.jpg

It was so fucking good!! Way too much food for me though. I had to take half of it home. The salad and mac and cheese sidesx it came with were amazing too.

I asked the cook how he made the chicken taste so good and he said he bought a huge jar of pickles, took them out and then soaked the chicken in the pickle brine for three days before making it. Fucking awesome.

Quick

Banned
So my favourite fried chicken in Toronto used to be at The Stockyards but I have a new favourite. I was at Rose and Sons last night and got this:

3vgZHZz.jpg

It was so fucking good!! Way too much food for me though. I had to take half of it home. The salad and mac and cheese sidesx it came with were amazing too.

I asked the cook how he made the chicken taste so good and he said he bought a huge jar of pickles, took them out and then soaked the chicken in the pickle brine for three days before making it. Fucking awesome.

Maybe I'm not going to the right places, but that's a ton of chicken for a single serving. Looks amazing.

Anony

3vgZHZz.jpg

how much

ok so *this* is what the Burger's Priest is like!? A burger that tastes like a Big Mac and soggy shitty fries? You idiots should go to Marben or Harbord Room and eat a real burger.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997994.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition -- MB-77D604C1A9200130 - Taken by Kraftwerk. 2 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution - Elite Edition -- MB-C07B490EF06EC47A - Taken by BigJonsson. 1 entrants total.
These games are all from Stet, who contacted SteveYoungblood from beyond the grave to share. So, uh, thank Stet and blame him if they don't work?
Tomb Raider I -- MB-E970764A7CAFBC0C
Tomb Raider II -- MB-05130D7CC2756A35 - Taken by Roto13. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider III -- MB-C71657E29CC2C7A5

t1450852514z1.png

Kraftwerk

Delayed this way too much,,,,,

but I got my portfolio ready. Gonna review it, and then go to Ryerson after New Years and submit it.

Nervous and excited.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
ok so *this* is what the Burger's Priest is like!? A burger that tastes like a Big Mac and soggy shitty fries? You idiots should go to Marben or Harbord Room and eat a real burger.

Damn, even more cold blooded than my review.

Delayed this way too much,,,,,

but I got my portfolio ready. Gonna review it, and then go to Ryerson after New Years and submit it.

Nervous and excited.

Good luck!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TRIGGERED!

What did you order exactly? And we all think the fries suck; it's not Fries Priest!

I really do need to try the other locations now to see if it really is different (along with Marben and Harbord Room).

TRIGGERED!

What did you order exactly? And we all think the fries suck; it's not Fries Priest!

I really do need to try the other locations now to see if it really is different (along with Marben and Harbord Room).

It was the Annex location. I ordered the high priest and added bacon. It wasn't gross or anything. Just tastes like a slightly upgraded Big Mac to me. After eating the Marben burger, I expect some mind blowing shit when people throw around terms like "best burger"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was the Annex location. I ordered the high priest and added bacon. It wasn't gross or anything. Just tastes like a slightly upgraded Big Mac to me. After eating the Marben burger, I expect some mind blowing shit when people throw around terms like "best burger"
Hmmm. I'll give this Marben joint a shot and then yell I HATE YOUR FUCKING FACE when I'm disappointed.

Never even heard of this place and I used to work on Wellington, but I shall give it a try in the ultimate quest for the best burger in Toronto.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I just learned that there is a website I can put my laundry card number in and it will tell me how many washers/dryers are going. THIS IS THE BEST THING. We've only had these new washers for six months and never knew you could do that.

Roto <3

krae_man

I just learned that there is a website I can put my laundry card number in and it will tell me how many washers/dryers are going. THIS IS THE BEST THING. We've only had these new washers for six months and never knew you could do that.

Roto <3

Does it tell you which neighbour left their clothes in the washer for 3 hours after it finished?

cocopuffs

Banned
PS I've decided to try Burger's Priest tonight since they opened up one in my hood. Time to see how disappointing it is.
On Burger Priest, I'm about 100% sure there's a quality difference between the original 463 Queen St. W. location and their Adelaide one. Went to both a couple of times and the former one's burger was just more juicy/tastier. Ordered the same item, The High Priest, and the Adelaide one just tasted worse.

About 99% sure I'm not imagining things, can anyone confirm?

someone needs to verify this

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
wtf

@newstalk1010
#Toronto Paramedics say a man was taken to hospital with a leg wound after being attacked by another man with a machete at Bay and Dundas.

Kraftwerk

Im curious what the cost of living in Vancouver is compared to Toronto. Toronto is significantly more expensive I assume?

I am somewhat interesting in applying to a film school in Vancouver as well. The school itself is very well priced, and its very progressive. Emily Carr university.

I guess Ill have to do research.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Im curious what the cost of living in Vancouver is compared to Toronto. Toronto is significantly more expensive I assume?

I am somewhat interesting in applying to a film school in Vancouver as well. The school itself is very well priced, and its very progressive. Emily Carr university.

I guess Ill have to do research.

Vancouver is like 20% more expensive somehow

Mupod

I left this terrible website months ago, but I had to come back to share this.

The Oral History of 1990s YTV

This article gives me life.

Nicholas Picholas: There’s talk of bringing [Video and Arcade Top 10] back in some way. There’s the angle of, “Let’s bring it back for ’90s nostalgia,” and then there’s also, “Let’s just bring it back because it was a good format and did well.”

In my mind, I might want to play the old games with adults with new prizes. There’s something you want, and let’s play a game that you used to love. That’s one thought. There are a couple of different angles, and there have been many discussions from people that can make that happen.

This would be amazing, in particular the old games part. God the kids on that show were so bad, I always wanted to be on it.

Nicholas Picholas: I didn’t know those inner-workings, I just know that Robert [Essery, the producer] made good money. It was product placement, from what I could see. The prizing people would pay to have the prizes advertised. I mean, Nintendo, I think, paid for part of the production along with YTV. If they didn’t, they sure should have, because we were Nintendo-exclusive for most of the seasons.

I always assumed Nintendo was paying for the advertisement. It would be crazy if they weren't.

Anyways I think one of my earliest memories of YTV was Phil's first day. And I watched it all the way up through the glory days of the Zone. 90s nostalgia and YTV kinda go hand in hand for me. Phil in particular was just the best, just a cool ass dude. I mean as a kid I always found the typical 'kid's TV host' type of personality to be grating and fake. Like a kindergarten teacher, just talking down to kids in an obnoxious way. Never got that sense when watching the segments with Phil and Snit.

Top Bottom