• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

diaspora

I'm liking the warm weather, but it's definitely not normal. I walked my friend all the way to the subway station on Monday night wearing only jeans and a t-shirt.

I'm sure it's pretty terrible for most of the world, but at least it's hella comfortable.

Anth0ny

#TeamSummer in 50 years when the earth is experiencing all sorts of environmental disaster, bringing humanity to its knees and causing massive wars over resources:

XruFVvb.png

so good

and I'll still sleep in pajama pants and a hoody with a blanket

#teamwarm

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Laugh all you want, but once shit hits the fan with global warming, we're going to have to take in a lot refugees from Vancouver.

Including that one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This month's been the equivalent of it never going above 10 degrees in July. It's not normal and I really don't think it's something we should be happy about. I really don't know why meteorologists on TV are happy about it, either. They're supposed to be scientists.
I assume we're basically due for wild swings for the rest of our lifetimes, since there's no way to stop climate change any more.

Brinbe

Yeah, we're fine and will benefit from warmer temps brought upon by climate change. It's just the rest of the world that'll be utterly fucked beyond belief.

explodet

Last minute Xmas shopping is going to be the worst. Only have time to shop tonight or this weekend and I know it'll be a driving nightmare and a fight and struggle for stock.

I don't even need to get much - all I need are some Lego sets - but I'm already pessimistic.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Laugh all you want, but once shit hits the fan with global warming, we're going to have to take in a lot refugees from Vancouver.

Including that one.
If we couldn't sell him on Toronto in the first place, I doubt we'd be able to do it then.

And people don't use global warming anymore, it's climate change. Glorious warm climate change! :D

Quadratic

Last minute Xmas shopping is going to be the worst. Only have time to shop tonight or this weekend and I know it'll be a driving nightmare and a fight and struggle for stock.

I don't even need to get much - all I need are some Lego sets - but I'm already pessimistic.

Try online ordering/pickup at Toys R Us? I've had success with in store pick up by checking stocks online. Plus, they have extended hours if you want to avoid the crowds. I doubt you can find a great deal on Lego as they are very rarely on sale.

I've been drinking 3 coffees a day and getting by with 4-5 hours of sleep. I'm so glad the holidays are coming up. Gonna work from home for the entire next week lol.

Facilitating user acceptance testing is the worst.

explodet

Try online ordering/pickup at Toys R Us? I've had success with in store pick up by checking stocks online. Plus, they have extended hours if you want to avoid the crowds. I doubt you can find a great deal on Lego as they are very rarely on sale.
I was getting a lot of out of stock hits for what I was looking for. Natch.
And I know I'm not getting any deals on these, I just want to make sure I can find a good set for gifts that are in stock and won't totally break me.

It's a good thing they're too young for some of these, though.
$100 for a Lego X-Wing? Damn, son!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Get the special pork jowl bowl if it's still available.

If you still have room after, Tacos 101 is across the street past Church. I went on the weekend and the tacos are really great. El pastor, and the fish were standouts.
How the hell are you still so thin...

Including that one.

Which o- Oh. THAT one. Right. That's two vague references we're just missing one more to summon THAT

Leaving work early. Who's up for Santouka???

For clarification, the 'good' Santouka is the one on Yonge right? I went to the one on Dundas last summer (yeah ramen in the summer is the best) and was not a big fan.

I was pretty full after the ramen, got the double portion of meat. Always preferred the Santouka meat over Sansotei. I feel like ramen needs the thicker, fatty pieces of pork over the thin leaner pieces that Sansotei uses.

For clarification, the 'good' Santouka is the one on Yonge right? I went to the one on Dundas last summer (yeah ramen in the summer is the best) and was not a big fan.

No, Santouka is in the middle of nowhere a bit east past Yonge Dundas square (who goes past Yonge amirite)

No, Santouka is in the middle of nowhere a bit east past Yonge Dundas square (who goes past Yonge amirite)

OOOOH I think I got it mixed up with Sansotei. Yeah I went to Santouka once (also in the summer!) and REALLY liked it but never went back. The wait was always really long.

cocopuffs

Banned
Fucking TTC man.

Got on the subway at Finch and there's this guy lying down taking up a whole row of seats, conductor comes and tells him to get up. As the conductor leaves, the guy starts vigorously rubbing his crotch. Conductor looks back and the guy says "I was just scratching my legs!"

Got off a couple stops after that so don't know if anything else ensued, but man.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You mean white death shuriken...
Fucking TTC man.

Got on the subway at Finch and there's this guy lying down taking up a whole row of seats, conductor comes and tells him to get off. As the conductor leaves, the guy starts vigorously rubbing his crotch. Conductor looks back and the guy says "I was just scratching my legs!"

Got off a couple stops after that so don't know if anything else ensued, but man.
This city is going to hell...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm sitting in the theatre waiting for SW to start at my work's private screening. ~45 minutes to go.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How many people get private goddamn screenings :(

Rest of us plebs gotta wait or get seats waaaay in the front.
My work is pretty awesome. This is the first one of these I've gone to though because they're usually earlier in the morning (10-11am) and I'm too god damned lazy to get up at that time on a Saturday. My brother actually paid the $10 for the Stormtrooper 3D glasses. The only other people with them were little kids. :lol

Sober

Dammit Fuzzy you should've invited all of us and said we were family. You look ethnically ambiguous enough to pull it off.

Eleuin

Saw SW at a cineplex vip (19+), first time going with a last minute booking so I had no idea what to expect.

Thought it was actually overstaffed with someone there at every corner. Big lounge area with a full bar.

Reclining seats were nice and they had servers going around before the movie taking food orders on tablets. Didn't order anything but it looked like standard diner fare.

I'd probably only go again on tuesdays as its expensive or if I brought someone with me because I look like a grade schooler who's lost

Quick

Banned
I was at a VIP cinema for the fist time for Star Wars on Friday, and it was actually pretty cool. Food portions/size seem small for the price, but it wasn't too bad.

Top Bottom