• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: Kiwami |OT| Mitama Hunter feat. Hatsuho Miku and Friends

Can someone help me solve this problem, I'm trying to upgrade a weapon, I have all the upgrade parts but when I go the the blacksmith the upgrade slot is still marked as ???

What am I missing here? Will the recipe not show up untilI have the correct number of parts? Is there a guide anywhere for all recipes that includes numbers? Or is it something else?

maouvin

Can someone help me solve this problem, I'm trying to upgrade a weapon, I have all the upgrade parts but when I go the the blacksmith the upgrade slot is still marked as ???

What am I missing here? Will the recipe not show up untilI have the correct number of parts? Is there a guide anywhere for all recipes that includes numbers? Or is it something else?

iirc you need at least one piece of each upgrade part required to see the complete recipe.

We have this guide for all Age of Demons recipes, but for the new weapons on Kiwami (all naginata/rifle/club and some for the older types) all we have is google translating toukiden.net.

iirc you need at least one piece of each upgrade part required to see the complete recipe.

We have this guide for all Age of Demons recipes, but for the new weapons on Kiwami (all naginata/rifle/club and some for the older types) all we have is google translating toukiden.net.

I've been using that guide, and actually playing the original game so it should be right. The weapon I'm trying to upgrade is the Bow Oni Stinger MK.3 > True Oni Stinger.

I have Golden Sword, Restoration compass, eye of truth mask and eastern citrus, yet cannot upgrade it or even see recipe?

MrBS

Got my PS4 copy in the mail today. Cross save is a wonderful thing. Now its PS4 at home and vita on the way to work. Good times. Such a nice time sink. Just one more mission.....

bobohoro

Messed around with club a bit and those hits feel incredibly meaty, so much fun. But man does my game fall apart if I lose timing and distance with that thing. Still, I managed to hold my own pretty easily, even against an Ultimate Onyxwing, and got a decent time, so I'll definitely switch to it more often in the future.

Also got an 8-ranked rifle (the joke one) from my Tenko, but I'm pretty bad with that thing. Aiming grenades and hitting them feels strange, which is why I throw them way too rarely and overall I feel like not doing any real damage.
Even though the Onis die quickly anyway. So there might be something to it. Need to run my spellcasting setup later with it, since the rifle seems even more useful for that than the bow.

And the amounts of Mitama in this game is staggering. I thought I've seen most of 'em already. Turns out I'm only at slightly above 50%.

Can anyone in NA playing on Vita confirm that you don't need a completed Phase 10 save to unlock White Yamato and Rinne costumes? I've asked in other places but I'm getting conflicting reports.

EDIT: So far the common thing is that people are playing on PS4 which is why I'm asking for people playing solely on the Vita for confirmation.

Just installed this game on my Vita and transferred my AoD save over.

Man, I forgot how good this game looked. Wonder how I stopped playing this game. It's so god damn awesome.

Its honestly kinda cute seeing your tenko purify parts and doing its little praying animation.

You know in a particular time where you randomly hunt a monster/demon, get material drops and all of that shit then realize see of them have high rarity compared to others? That's a rare material but you don't have any particular use for it at the moment. Apparently your friend need one for their weapon upgrade, but after dozen of hunts or so they still couldn't get it. That is Desire Sensor: the moment you want something, it stopped dropping from the enemy.

To make it simple, whatever you want, you won't have it.

ha ha thanks for the heads up, oddly enough, so far i haven't run into the issue, but when it hits i'm sure i'll rage hard.

Infinite mode is where all the mitama's go to party.

Ogawa-san

I've started updating the item search with Kiwami stuff:

http://goo.gl/k7m7qn

It's based on my progress but I'm still in chapter 12 and haven't touched phases yet, so there's a lot of stuff missing, even some bosses entirely.

bobohoro

Infinite mode is where all the mitama's go to party.

It's glorious, isn't it? Did a fast run of 14 Oni and got around 7 mitama out of it.
And one-shotted an Abyssal Fiend with a Unity Attack.

Special Investigations are also quite awesome, as they give tons of money and experience.

It's based on my progress but I'm still in chapter 12 and haven't touched phases yet, so there's a lot of stuff missing, even some bosses entirely.

Great stuff. Is there any way/need to contribute?

Ogawa-san

Sure. The list at the bottom has all the stuff I'm missing, how many in total for that area/oni and the items' position in that list. If you have something I don't, feel free to send my way and I'll update.

I'm aiming for platinum again so it'll eventually be 100% complete, it'll just take a while.

It's glorious, isn't it? Did a fast run of 14 Oni and got around 7 mitama out of it.
And one-shotted an Abyssal Fiend with a Unity Attack.

Special Investigations are also quite awesome, as they give tons of money and experience.

Great stuff. Is there any way/need to contribute?

Its always fun when the cloaking Drumbler shows up randomly while you're dispatching oni, that's another free mitama!

Xenoflare

Just installed this game on my Vita and transferred my AoD save over.

Man, I forgot how good this game looked. Wonder how I stopped playing this game. It's so god damn awesome.

I know right? So clean and smooth. The 3d models are all quite nice too.

maouvin

So it turned out that using the Charge skill with the bow to get guaranteed crits still works, but you need to run for longer before shooting. Nice to have my old build working while I try to make another one.

I've been using that guide, and actually playing the original game so it should be right. The weapon I'm trying to upgrade is the Bow Oni Stinger MK.3 > True Oni Stinger.

I have Golden Sword, Restoration compass, eye of truth mask and eastern citrus, yet cannot upgrade it or even see recipe?

No idea then :/
Just checked the JP wiki and the ingredients on Kiwami are the same, too.

Cheers! I'm still at ch10, but I'll check if I have something not there yet.

For someone who has never played vanilla prior this is the best value I've ever gotten for my money, the new oni are quite a challenge and I find myself second guessing all of my preparations..Actually my personal game of the year without question, left so many missions undone due to fear, I'll be working up to those! :p

Yea:ptwo terragrinders popping out whiLe I'm kicking oni tail In infinite mode has been quite the struggle, after that I was afraid to go much further,

Audioboxer

£22.19 for PSVita vs £27.08 for PS4. Decisions.... Those are offers from Flubit.

Does playing on a DS4 with 4 shoulder buttons make it easier than on Vita?

£22.19 for PSVita vs £27.08 for PS4. Decisions.... Those are offers from Flubit.

I played AoD exclusively on Vita (it's only available on Vita) and I don't feel held back. Eventhough I have a PS4, I still bought this on the Vita.

bobohoro

Rushed through expert key missions and am now at ultimate in multiplayer as well. The endgame grind can finally start for real.

EGM92

I'm seriously considering getting the vita version. I don't have a ps4 yet, though I have friends that have the game on ps4 is there cross play between the two platforms?

Ogawa-san

I got the PS4 version and played both demos. Control-wise, I'll say it's a toss-up.

On PS4 you can give team orders using L2, on Vita that option was stuck on the upper right corner of the touchscreen. On the other hand, Eye of Truth is only bound to Options on PS4 so it's a bit easier to activate on Vita being on bottom right corner with the mitama icon. I wish you could bind it to left side touchpad or R3/L3 (that are unused)...

Shengar

I'm seriously considering getting the vita version. I don't have a ps4 yet, though I have friends that have the game on ps4 is there cross play between the two platforms?

Yes, the game is cross-play between PS4 and Vita. Both of you should be fine playing together.

Picked this up as it looks up my alley, will give me something to go into once I polish off Bloodborne. For someone who doesn't know a thing about this series, any newbie tips, hints, or suggestons you would have liked to know in the beginning?

dubq

Has anyone else tried broadcasting this to Twitch via PS4? There seems to be no audio in the stream... =\

Kinsei

Banned
I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to tell what materials come from a monster before obtaining them? I had no clue large fangs came from drumbles until I just happened to get one at the end of a mission and read the description.

2. Is there any downside to upgrading a weapon before fortifying it to whatever the max level is?

maouvin

I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to tell what materials come from a monster before obtaining them? I had no clue large fangs came from drumbles until I just happened to get one at the end of a mission and read the description.

2. Is there any downside to upgrading a weapon before fortifying it to whatever the max level is?

1 - not without guides. You can check Ogawa-san's item search thing or this guide (only AoD data on this one though).

2 - no.

I got the vita version digitally, never played the original so I have nothing to import. Did not get all of that, only got the two armor pieces that were part of the bundle.

Yeah. Other people have also confirmed that the PS4 version gives everything that would normally need not only an AoD save but a completed AoD save. I think it's highly unfair but meh, I don't think I'll use the costumes anyway.

Gravijah

How is the new Kiwami content distributed in the game? Is the original story re-done to add lots of new stuff or is it mostly G-rank/postgame style stuff?

How is the new Kiwami content distributed in the game? Is the original story re-done to add lots of new stuff or is it mostly G-rank/postgame style stuff?
new weapons and some of the new systems show up in vanilla, but after vanilla the rest of the new content kicks in full force, Like infinite mode, emergency missions and other NPC slayer options.

pahamrick

Yeah. Other people have also confirmed that the PS4 version gives everything that would normally need not only an AoD save but a completed AoD save. I think it's highly unfair but meh, I don't think I'll use the costumes anyway.

Kinda agree. Game is still awesome, though.

Does anyone know if its still possible to get the Toro mitama in Kiwami?

And does this include ALL the DLC from the original? I'm seeing conflicting reports that Kiwami only includes Packs 1 - 7 of AOD, and you needed to have played/owned the other DLCs on an imported save for them to show up, like the Soul Sacrifice DLC.

Kinda agree. Game is still awesome, though.

Does anyone know if its still possible to get the Toro mitama in Kiwami?

And does this include ALL the DLC from the original? I'm seeing conflicting reports that Kiwami only includes Packs 1 - 7 of AOD, and you needed to have played/owned the other DLCs on an imported save for them to show up, like the Soul Sacrifice DLC.

it seems all but confirmed by everyone who has checked that Cerberus may not be in the mix :(

Ogawa-san

I can't find any MP missions with Cerberus and it's the only DLC I had. I haven't done any MP missions yet but I doubt it's something that'd be unlocked later, so I guess it's gone.

It's still on the oni encyclopedia and slayer records though, with most items missing even though I've collected them all before.

wilflare

this sucks :( i'm confused by all the DLCs bonuses and stuff

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Got it on PS4! Didn't even realize it was already out! Still working on Bloodborne, but I put in around 180 hours on Vita AoD. Earlier in the thread I was reading about getting extra stuff for playing the Kiwami demo? Should I really do that? Sorry if this has been asked already x.x

Toukiden Name: Fatty
PSN ID: el_pistolerio

Ogawa-san

From the long list of reasons why Reki doesn't leave my party: she'll parry a goddamn shout if she has to.

And this isn't leaving my SPT spec. Knowledge Leech is crazy OP, everything you do heals you. Made soloing Ultimate Snowflame almost easy.... almost.

ihfKHdR.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Dual blades are probably the most OP weapon ever created. The sick moves you can do are just insane

maouvin

I always found cute how Horo keeps following you after she activates her Support area buff.
Then I saw Rinne doing the same. Horo at least can keep attacking/reloading when following me (I'm using bow), but Rinne will just stand near me doing nothing as she's out of her attack range. Don't think I'll use her much thanks to that...

Ogawa-san

That's why I set Rinne to attack instead of free, so she'll never do that.

It's great that the game remembers what orders you've set, so you don't need to repeat it every mission.

bobohoro

I can't find any MP missions with Cerberus and it's the only DLC I had. I haven't done any MP missions yet but I doubt it's something that'd be unlocked later, so I guess it's gone.

It's still on the oni encyclopedia and slayer records though, with most items missing even though I've collected them all before.

Strange. I got every single DLC quest, even those I didn't purchase. And yeah, Slayer records for him were reset.

And this isn't leaving my SPT spec. Knowledge Leech is crazy OP, everything you do heals you. Made soloing Ultimate Snowflame almost easy.... almost.

Knowledge got some nice new buffs. Knowledge Absorb functions similar to Fervor, only with elemental damage. Stacking two will allow for similar Gouge setups like Sword Precision builds, only with potentially more damage to Oni weak to a specific element.

I already have around 10 Mitama maxed that have great skillsets for stuff I'd like to try and I think there will be a whole lot more yet to be found. It's awesome how many varied setups you can come up with. I'm looking forward to messing around with that.

I always found cute how Horo keeps following you after she activates her Support area buff.
Then I saw Rinne doing the same. Horo at least can keep attacking/reloading when following me (I'm using bow), but Rinne will just stand near me doing nothing as she's out of her attack range. Don't think I'll use her much thanks to that...

Rinne will become pretty important in missions with multiple Oni and Investigations, since she can refill your skills many times over. Together with Nagi you have one hell of a support team for longer missions testing your endurance.

maouvin

That's why I set Rinne to attack instead of free, so she'll never do that.

It's great that the game remembers what orders you've set, so you don't need to repeat it every mission.

Rinne will become pretty important in missions with multiple Oni and Investigations, since she can refill your skills many times over. Together with Nagi you have one hell of a support team for longer missions testing your endurance.

Oh, didn't know you could set orders individually. Will try that.
But will an attack Rinne use her stock replenish skill like bobohoro said?

bobohoro

Oh, didn't know you could set orders individually. Will try that.
But will an attack Rinne use her stock replenish skill like bobohoro said?

Probably not, since I think she has to purify body parts for it. But I don't remember the detailed workings of the Luck mitama right now, so you might have to double check that.
But honestly, the chances that Rinne will use that support skill are pretty slim, since that only happens with her Random skill, so I'd not worry about it much. And on the off-chance that it still happens, just quickly order everyone to attack and she will break away from you. At least she should.

Ogawa-san

When you set party orders to Aid, everyone will drop what they're doing and help purify parts. And when you select the same party order a second time, it reverts to individual orders. So you can set her individual order to attack and pick a group order to force her to help purifying when needed for that skill restock.

Top Bottom