• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: Kiwami |OT| Mitama Hunter feat. Hatsuho Miku and Friends

Shengar

Question:

Can I transfer my Vita save to the PS4 *if* the Vita game is Reg1 and the PS4 is reg3?

I guess if I can't that's fine... I'm gonna just do it all over again heh.

Can you crossplay with people playing the Vita version if you grab the PS4 version? Can a cross-region play work? (Reg 3 people playing with Reg 1 folks?)

I don't know if this work with Toukiden, but I can transfer my file flawlessly from my reg 3 Warriors Orochi 3 to reg Warriors Orochi 3 ultimate. Hopefully it's the same for Toukiden too. I'm eagerly wait your report, Banana :p

sensui-tomo

Question:

Can I transfer my Vita save to the PS4 *if* the Vita game is Reg1 and the PS4 is reg3?

I guess if I can't that's fine... I'm gonna just do it all over again heh.

Can you crossplay with people playing the Vita version if you grab the PS4 version? Can a cross-region play work? (Reg 3 people playing with Reg 1 folks?)

I'm not sure about the first question, but there is cross play for different regions IF you enable the Play with everyone option, Its default is to your region(change it in the options from "whatever language you're at" to "Everyone"

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I played AoD for hundreds of hours and I never understood the whole attack technique deals. Apparently you get a purple circle when you attack a body part that matches your attack technique like crush or thrust.

If you haven't already I'd recommend also reading the manual lol The demo has it too.

Kysen

Is it possible to rebind the button combinations on PS4? Having to press square + x or circle + triangle while controlling the camera is giving my hand cramps.

maouvin

Is there a weapon with a parry mechanics?

Naginata can parry. Also, gauntlets can block, and the club has an attack that interrupts centain enemie's attacks if it clashes.

Is it possible to rebind the button combinations on PS4? Having to press square + x or circle + triangle while controlling the camera is giving my hand cramps.

If you're trying to aim while holding these buttons (like with bows), you can press and hold square+x, hold R, release square+x, and the charging will be maintained as long as you hold R. Works with most charged attacks.

Fedemgsuy

Guys, i really liked the demo, so im about to grab it for Ps4, a couple of questions: hows the netcode in this?, and how about content quantity (im hoping to replace MHtri with this)?,

Guys, i really liked the demo, so im about to grab it for Ps4, a couple of questions: hows the netcode in this?, and how about content quantity (im hoping to replace MHtri with this)?,

it's pretty different from monhun. if MonHun is 100% hunting game, this game is 50% hunting game 50% action game. Some people prefer it, some people don't.

Netcode is fine as far as I can tell. Smaller mobs don't get synced, so sometimes things look a bit wonky, but this is true in MonHun as well.

bobohoro

Haven't played much online, but so far it has been fine. Content is massive as well, no worries there.

I played around with mitama setups a bit and my first elemental sword one is:

Momotaro (SPD) - Agility+ (Dual); Expert Destroyer; Gouge Master; Evasion
Princess Nukata (SPT) - Knowledge LV 3-4; Knowledge+ (Absorb); Expert Destroyer
Lady Shizuka (SPT) - Knowledge LV 2-4; Knowledge+ (Leech)

Can easily get off 3 purple gouge wounds and have my focus automatically refill after each one, I am nearly invincible and don't need any healing in the rare case of getting hit. Harder Ultimate monsters with elemental weakness like C. Fiend and family drop in around 8 minutes, all parts destroyed, myself being nowhere near death at any time. Did the Cimmerian King solo in Chapter 5 for fun and finished it in ~2 minutes.

Club should be even faster, since you don't need the defensive or focus abilites to output high DPS, will mess around with that some time down the line.

What really annoys me more and more is the framerate and how extreme it manages to tank at times. I'm witnessing drops that feel like they enter single-digit-space and it really messes with my inputs at times. But well, that's a Koei game for you.

Also Anomalos is even more annoying than Petros. Ridiculous high HP and no weakness make for a boring fight that lasts way too long.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Been playing a little bit of Kiwami later and since the demo I've been wondering this:

What does the star mean when you have the unity gauge full? Does this pertain more to multiplayer? How do you get more stars?

Been playing a little bit of Kiwami later and since the demo I've been wondering this:

What does the star mean when you have the unity gauge full? Does this pertain more to multiplayer? How do you get more stars?
Means you can activate the United Destroyer by pressing Triangle + Circle.
It's more powerful than the standard Destroyer (Orange meter in top left)

bobohoro

So I messed around a bit with Elemental/Status builds and looked at clear times for a single Maledictaur Ultimate mission, using sword:

Raw Damage 936 Water 240 -> Clear times of ~8:15
Raw Damage 1070 Earth 74 -> Clear times of ~10:20

Both using very similar mitama setups. This would mean that elemental damage is pretty advantegous. Although there was more focus retention due to the higher elemental damage and a little better stats overall on the water sword, a 2 minute difference is pretty big, which would imply that elemental stats can be pretty awesome.

Or the Maledictaur has different multipliers for water and earth despite the armour having the same values. But I have an earth sword with similar attack stats (936 raw, 180 earth, still Lv 1) lying around, so I'll try that one later as well.

Oh and for poison:
Raw Damage 890 Poison 380 -> Clear times of ~9:45

Mitama setup was nowhere near optimal and single oni missions usually aren't the place where poison shines, but it still manages to achieve decent clear times. Only problem is that the damage bypasses surface parts, so you might kill stuff before breaking every part.

Edit: Tried again:
Raw Damage 936 Earth 140 -> Clear time of 10:30

But I messed up several times in the beginning, and while I didn't play perfectly in the other runs, this time was noticably worse. So you can knock it down to 10 minutes, which leaves me slightly ahead of the weapon with 134 more raw and 70 less elemental damage.

Which still leaves me thinking that Maledictaur is actually weaker to water than it is to earth. But there are several unkown variables in this, like if compatibility actually increases damage beyond the shown numbers and other stuff. Maybe I'll do some more testing when I got a couple more weapons that have more extreme values (Mynx weapons for example have ~600 raw and ~400 elemental) and get to another monster I'll farm for its armour.

And it seems like the Kiwami DLC is already included in the western release. I am at phase 15 and underneath the special tab there is now a DLC tab with new missions and even new monsters, it seems.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Means you can activate the United Destroyer by pressing Triangle + Circle.
It's more powerful than the standard Destroyer (Orange meter in top left)

Yes I know. The manual says this. The more people you have "linked" or close to you the more powerful it is. It destroys multiple body parts at once. But what I was inquiring to was the star that shows up when its full next to your name. What's the point of it? I already see that the bar is full (the blue one) but an additional star? Can I get more stars? I just imagine this has to do with multiplayer but I don't get on multiplayer a lot. What happens when multiple people have their unity gauges up?

sensui-tomo

Yes I know. The manual says this. The more people you have "linked" or close to you the more powerful it is. It destroys multiple body parts at once. But what I was inquiring to was the star that shows up when its full next to your name. What's the point of it? I already see that the bar is full (the blue one) but an additional star? Can I get more stars? I just imagine this has to do with multiplayer but I don't get on multiplayer a lot. What happens when multiple people have their unity gauges up?

Its a way of saying you were picked for it, in multiplayer it randomly picks one person to do it(or its whomever was contributing the most, not quite sure of the details on that end)

Are there preferred weapons that compliment battle styles the most? I'm using SPD with the dual swords but I'm looking for a good set up when I rifle.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Are there preferred weapons that compliment battle styles the most? I'm using SPD with the dual swords but I'm looking for a good set up when I rifle.

I usually go for Spirit when I use the long range weapons liken the bow just because you can precisely damage whatever body part you want to. It's usually harder to say hit the horn of a tall Oni with the Gauntlets but with the rifle you can specifically aim at it, then use your spirit R + O skill to quickly destroy it.

Its a way of saying you were picked for it, in multiplayer it randomly picks one person to do it(or its whomever was contributing the most, not quite sure of the details on that end)

Interesting. I'll have to go into multiplayer and see just how it works.

Edit: I just found information on it. It's during training.
CB8XubvVEAAhBUf.jpg:large

Ogawa-san

I've taken a break from working on MP missions to knock a few achievements, went for those solo & no armor ones. Took 30min to kill Ex Jollux with the rifle, 45min to kill Ultimate Jollux/Cimmerian King each with the naginata.

45min of parrying made me love naginata even more and all, but I bet someone somewhere was insane enough to do it with a bow and no agility...
Because of ammo and how you have to stop and recharge every 8~12 shots, I feel rifles don't work well with styles that have timed offensive buffs. So that leaves SPT or non-offensive (SPC/DCT/HLG/SUP). It also works well with it since you can charge the spirit gauge while waiting on focus to recover.

maouvin

Also Anomalos is even more annoying than Petros. Ridiculous high HP and no weakness make for a boring fight that lasts way too long.

I just got kill-locked by him. Reki kept reviving me and parrying and I kept being downed as soon as I was revived. After the third time Nagi used her O ability and I could escape.
He avenged all his stunlocked oni pals.

And triangle x3 on the bow seems slightly better on Kiwami. I should try an elemental build using it as the main attack.

pots555

4 hours in and I love it. Just a quick question: is there some sort of free hunt mode where I can just go out of the village and chase down some monsters? So far, I am just finishing chapter 2, I can only go out on missions. Thanks!

4 hours in and I love it. Just a quick question: is there some sort of free hunt mode where I can just go out of the village and chase down some monsters? So far, I am just finishing chapter 2, I can only go out on missions. Thanks!

aside from redoing missions, there will be a mode that opens up around chapter 6 or 7 where you can fight random oni infinitely (infinite mode), they start from very weak and get stronger, (sometimes pairs spawn at once too) every 10 fights you get a shrine to replenish your spell stock, and every 3 or 4 kills you get a chance to stop and take all you've earned and go back to the village .. and another one where you fight 5 medium strength Oni in a row

MrBS

40 hours in now. I'm doing the SP/MP missions in tandom. Any time I get a new oni I'll farm it until I have all the armour pieces and a dual blade weapon off it. A very inefficient way of doing things but I'm sure but I'm having my fun.

As always I love the cross save ability to pick up on Vita during my travels to work then go right back to PS4 at home. So good.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member

I'm guessing you're referring to monster hunters tri's mode where you can just go and gather and hunt random monsters that spawn. As far as I know, there isn't really a gathering mission like that. The only thing that I've done kinda like that is just take on any mission and gather and kill everything before finally completing the objective. Sometimes, it pays off as there are some oni that are invisible unless you spot them with the eye of truth and they almost always have a new mitama.

The infinite mode isn't quite like this. It's basically more like a boss rush, where you only go to one spot, and Oni bosses spawn back to back. The more you slay the bigger the rewards. Not to mention there are trophies for killing 10 and 30.

pots555

I'm guessing you're referring to monster hunters tri's mode where you can just go and gather and hunt random monsters that spawn. As far as I know, there isn't really a gathering mission like that. The only thing that I've done kinda like that is just take on any mission and gather and kill everything before finally completing the objective. Sometimes, it pays off as there are some oni that are invisible unless you spot them with the eye of truth and they almost always have a new mitama.

The infinite mode isn't quite like this. It's basically more like a boss rush, where you only go to one spot, and Oni bosses spawn back to back. The more you slay the bigger the rewards. Not to mention there are trophies for killing 10 and 30.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I guess I'll replay some missions solo and take my time with them.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the Kiwami characters are much more endearing and interesting than the AoD cast.

Watching Horo teach Hayatori how to speak Tenko was amazing.

Ogawa-san

Now that I've went through chapters and phases, I've updated my mitama checklist spreadsheet. I've made it during the first game to help me track those I had and where to (probably) find the missing ones.

http://goo.gl/HxAzdJ

Obviously I'm not done collecting the ones that are new in Kiwami so there'll be a few missing ones, wrong numbers or badly translated japanese names. Also, I don't know exactly what's the deal with "anomaly" stages, I think they can drop mitamas of any age but I'm not sure so I treat them like normal stages on that list.

maouvin

Is there anything else storywise after
Mio and Miyu decide to stay in Utakata
?

And I want to pick a new weapon to start doing the new Kiwami phases, but it's so hard to give up on what already works ¦3

bobohoro

Is there anything else storywise after
Mio and Miyu decide to stay in Utakata
?

And I want to pick a new weapon to start doing the new Kiwami phases, but it's so hard to give up on what already works ¦3

I think that's the final arc. At least I haven't had anything happen afterwards and it has been at least 10 hours since.

And yeah, switching weapons in hunting games is hard. I managed to use the club for a good amount of time, but switched back to my trusty sword when my collection of ultimate weapons grew. I just have to collect 'em all and doing that for two weapon types is an enormous grind. And I can't stand not using optimized builds for missions, so I'll always fall back on my best stuff.

Ah well, not too far now and I should unlock the final set of monsters and finish getting every available sword. Then I can grind for some clubs and rifles.

Playing the demo, wanted to get the full game soon but I want to use bows and it seems impossible to play. I'm supposed to hold down my attack button and then aim with the right stick ? Wtf how is that even possible.

maouvin

Playing the demo, wanted to get the full game soon but I want to use bows and it seems impossible to play. I'm supposed to hold down my attack button and then aim with the right stick ? Wtf how is that even possible.

Hold square -> hold R -> release square. Charging will be kept while you're holding R. Release it to shoot.
Works with almost all charging attacks in the game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My god...i am fucking pulling my hair out guys. I don't understand just how fucking annoying it is to press R1 and X to try and dodge with precision against a boss about to do an attack, and then accidentally use my mitama to recover health when i wasn't trying to.

I FUCKING HATE IT

Tevren

I've been primarily using Naginata since release, but am toying with making an Elemental Rifle build. Has anyone else tried this, or have any Mitama suggestions (Lady Kasuga, Yaoya Oshichii and Minamoto no Yoshiie were what I had in mind, possibly Lady Shizuk if Knowledge (Leech) stacks).

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Just got the 30 Oni slain in infinite mode trophy. I got around 400,000 haku and 21 new mitama.

Also, does anyone have a good build for Defense mitama? I've been a Gauntlet user since AoD but since Kiwami, I've switched over to club, and I really want to be able to do charged special which is like 9 charged attacks if you can do it all, but I rarely get to do it all since you have to charge up your attack 3 times and I get interrupted before I even get to the third one.

My god...i am fucking pulling my hair out guys. I don't understand just how fucking annoying it is to press R1 and X to try and dodge with precision against a boss about to do an attack, and then accidentally use my mitama to recover health when i wasn't trying to.

I FUCKING HATE IT

why are you holding R1? I though you can dodge with just pressing x ?

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member

I FUCKING HATE IT

I never have this problem. To dodge you just have to move the press X or move the L stick in the direction you want to dodge and press x and same if you're running with R1. If you want to use the recovery skill you don't move the L stick. Just move the L stick whenever you're holding R1 to run.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Cause most of the time i'm trying to stay locked on xD But yes, you can dodge while just pressing X, i'm a dumbass

No you're not :) You just have to press L1 once to lock onto an enemy and once you do that you don't have to worry about it again (unless you kill it of course then it just automatically goes to the closest Oni. You can then choose who to lock onto by moving the R stick)

pots555

I just love the music in the village. After returning from an awesome fight with the adrenaline and everything, I come back to this peaceful place and take my time to relax. This is a nice game.

I just love the music in the village. After returning from an awesome fight with the adrenaline and everything, I come back to this peaceful place and take my time to relax. This is a nice game.

Glad to hear people are enjoying this title, I've recommended it to a lot of folks..so fr so good!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't know if this work with Toukiden, but I can transfer my file flawlessly from my reg 3 Warriors Orochi 3 to reg Warriors Orochi 3 ultimate. Hopefully it's the same for Toukiden too. I'm eagerly wait your report, Banana :p

So the answer is nah. Can't transfer my Reg1 Vita AoD files for PS4's Reg 3 Kiwami.

From the beginning again then!

Trying out the Rifle. Such a dizzying weapon with the need to juggle between ammo, reloads, not to mention grenades......gahh. Not feeling the Club (meh) or the Naginata though... well the latter seems cool but I kinda worry about not being able to hit parts that are high with it.

Anyone of you maining the Rifle? How it goes? I managed to get a full parts break on Manhunter two times I fought him (well, with 2 and 3 other AIs)... I imagine it'll be a pain the arse to fight solo as a Rifle user.

Oh and feel free to add me on PSN folks: LaughingBanana

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The music in this game is stupid good.

I just started it and I have no idea how to play the game well, but the soundtrack alone is enough to keep me going.

Not feeling the Club (meh) or the Naginata though... well the latter seems cool but I kinda worry about not being able to hit parts that are high with it.

Naginata has a jump attack (hold Triangle) and air combos for those hard to reach places. Also, when you enter Hyperskilled Mode, your attacks automatically damage other body parts.

Speaking of Clubs and Naginata, I mained Clubs and finished the first 8 chapters of story mode with it. Switched to Naginata for some variety and its kinda depressing how much more effective I am with it. I'm building up weapon and unity gauges like crazy thanks to how fast and effective the naginata becomes with Hyperskilled Mode.

Top Bottom