• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: Kiwami |OT| Mitama Hunter feat. Hatsuho Miku and Friends

maouvin

Dos the PS4 version not allow sound to be broadcast, or did you just run into some technical issue? The sound recorded fine for me from PS TV, but I do use an HDCP stripper.

It has no sound broadcasting/uploading via Share on the PS4.
They could at least leave the monster grunts and general sfx, but no. Only silence.

eastx

It has no sound broadcasting/uploading via Share on the PS4.
They could at least leave the monster grunts and general sfx, but no. Only silence.

Wow, that stinks! Kinda like the new Yakuza not allowing most of the game to be shared. Japanese publishers make such strange decisions. At least you can get it around it by using a PC with capture device and HDCP stripper, if you're really motivated.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member

Why are some of those boosts red? And would you mind sharing which mitama that build uses? I've been pouring money into a dozen of my mitama and none have agitation.

Thanks for checking it out! We're planning to stream again on Monday or Tuesday at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific. We could use a fourth player if you wanted to join in (Skype required for voice chat), or alternately we'd welcome advice via Twitch chat during the stream. My channel is Twitch.tv/eastxtwitch.
I just might take you up on that, if not I'll not make sure to check out your channel :)

Ogawa-san

That feeling when you finally find an ult aurogrinder during a special investigation, get its mitama and then the game proceeds to crash right before the mission is done...

First time it happened but now I'm paranoid about leaving the game on standby on PS4.

Why are some of those boosts red? And would you mind sharing which mitama that build uses? I've been pouring money into a dozen of my mitama and none have agitation.
Red boosts are the 4th from each mitama, the fixed ones you get at max level (12). All SPT mitamas:

Lady Shizuka
* Knowledge (Leech)
Knowledge (Lv. 2) / Knowledge (Lv. 3) / Knowledge (Lv. 4)

Princess Nukata
* Knowledge (Lv. 4)
Knowledge (Absorb) / Knowledge (Lv. 2) / Knowledge (Lv. 3)

Lady Kasuga
* Verity (Lv. 4)
Knowledge (Lv. 2) / Knowledge (Lv. 4) / Expert Destroyer

If you want one with agitation, there's Honganji Kennyo. Doesn't have Knowledge 3 or 4 though, but has Attack lv. 4.

Maid

Banned
Last I saw the number of room in lobby is lower than Soul Sacrifice Delta. Granted that was only 5 days after launch, but I just think it's funny.

Ultimate Mode is kicking my but, Solo is unthinkable with even metagnost armor :( And they want me to fight a snowflame mano a
tenko
?

PepperedHam

Just picked this up on Vita. Going to be slowly starting it up over the weekend so I'm not sure when I'll be battle ready to join some of you folks but in the meantime you can add my PSN: LordHoag.

I'm looking forward to digging in.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just picked this up on Vita. Going to be slowly starting it up over the weekend so I'm not sure when I'll be battle ready to join some of you folks but in the meantime you can add my PSN: LordHoag.

I'm looking forward to digging in.

Add mine, LaughingBanana. I am playing the PS4 version but this is crossplay so yeah.

bobohoro

Ultimate Mode is kicking my but, Solo is unthinkable with even metagnost armor :( And they want me to fight a snowflame mano a
tenko
?

Agility+ (Dual) plus either an element or precision build makes everything easy.

Besides missions were there are multiple Oni fighting you at once. Which are just a total mess and annoying to be honest.

Ogawa-san

Besides missions were there are multiple Oni fighting you at once. Which are just a total mess and annoying to be honest.
I really hate those. I'm glad there are less this time around, but it's still worse than the first game just for having an ult mission with 2x Mynx + 2x Windshredder.

30min of Monster Chasing, how fun.

Ugh this game...is fucking amazing. I can't put it down
Word, I beat the full story ages ago, left the harder missions for when I get a stronger build..right now testing other builds and going through the different online phases with npc's. Online is markedly harder.

PepperedHam

Ugh this game...is fucking amazing. I can't put it down
Yup just ripped through a 10 hour all nighter at a buddy's house and had a blast. They had their PS4s hooked up and I brought my Vita and before I knew it it was six in the morning.

Going to be progressing my story a bit when I wake up. Got to phase 4 online so far.

Also my friend's Tenkos are bringing them back weapons and shit and it has happened on multiple occasions. Mine just brings back leaves and mats. Is it RNG or do they have some item that increases the rate of item finds that I am unaware of?

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Also my friend's Tenkos are bringing them back weapons and shit and it has happened on multiple occasions. Mine just brings back leaves and mats. Is it RNG or do they have some item that increases the rate of item finds that I am unaware of?

What! Well this hasn't happened to me, so I'd like to know this too.

Also, how far have you guys gotten on infinite missions?

I've done the basic investigation a few times and the furthest I've reached is 39 and that was solo online. I made a room that focused on infinite missions but no one ever joins :(

Anyway doing this twice I was able to reach around 1 million Haku. I did it once offline in SP and got around 35 and I feel like i got more Haku for it. Do you get less money online? Also, do you guys have any builds to recommend that would focus on longevity and survival for these infinite missions? What about a build that best helps out my teammates on this test of endurance? They get tougher as the number increases and I've been doing this with the Attack style but you can only get so far as you run out of leech and recovery. I was thinking Luck would be best since you get skills back for purifying parts plus the R+O skill replenishes skills. Any specific abilities I should look for?

Ogawa-san

Tenko brought me a few impure objects, I've gotten a few rank 8 weapons that way. There's a tenko costume that makes it bring rare drops more often, and if you max up its mood it'll bring more stuff. That's what I've been doing.

Also, how far have you guys gotten on infinite missions?
My max is about 30. I don't see a reason to go further, and I generally ragequit at around this point. It'd help if parts didn't give you goddamn Soil 50% of time too.

I only do it for crafting materials, like the one reward you get every 5 ranks or drops from Shadow Soul now that it's the best place to get them to spawn.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
My max is about 30. I don't see a reason to go further, and I generally ragequit at around this point. It'd help if parts didn't give you goddamn Soil 50% of time too.

I only do it for crafting materials, like the one reward you get every 5 ranks or drops from Shadow Soul now that it's the best place to get them to spawn.

It gives you soil early on but then later you start getting more haku stones and gold nuggets that you can sell. For me, its just the best way to get Haku since I've been spending it all on upgrading mitama to ultimate level. Also, I noticed that online the golden floating skulls spawn instead of the white slug things and I've also received around 30 extra mitama online. I got around 20 offline the first time and less the second time offline. Can you get all mitama (besides story ones and NPC friendship ones) on infinite missions?

Ogawa-san

You can get almost every mitama there. Unless they've changed this in Kiwami, there are some older mitama that you get from small oni, and there aren't any in infinite & special investigations.

One of those mitama is Ano Yasuko (Honor), that drops from a pale imp. The only mission in Age of Honor that has a pale imp is a double boss solo mission...

Jabba

Banned
I did an infinite mission to 31 and the manhunter had a sliver of health and wouldn't die. Problem is, s/he was paired with sliding turtle like enemy. This game is seriously underrated. It's what took me from Bloodborne for the moment.

Thanks for the tips NoirVisage, next time the pairing shows up, I'll do it that way. :)

Do any of the weapons stagger bosses similiar to Bloodborne? I've been using dual blades and haven't tried anything else yet. Any recommendations?

eastx

Played online for hours last night, getting my friends through most of Phase 2 (we had to start fresh at phase 1 when a guy spontaneously bought the game to play with us). So much fun.

A couple of questions:

When do we gain the ability to raise Mitama past level 3?
Can anyone explain the Tenko system, including its mood and item hunts, in detail?

I hope someone who understands the game well will flesh out the Wiki soon.

I did an infinite mission to 31 and the manhunter had a sliver of health and wouldn't die. Problem is, s/he was paired with sliding turtle like enemy. This game is seriously underrated. It's what took me from Bloodborne for the moment.
Word, Its already my game of the year,yet its criminally underrated.. still, i hope they continue with this franchise on the ps4!

I usually set my ranged person to follow to draw aggro now and then while i pick off the slider, and more importantly let the other two NPC keep manhunter occupied, making the spider get frenzy first is deadly due to the topspin move, so I go for the other one first!

PepperedHam

I have accumulated a mass quantity of materials and I always have to sell some shit at every mission completion screen. I never know which ones to sell. I've sold most of the things that I had like 65+ and now I just have a bunch of lumps of stuff I'm unsure if I'll ever need.

I assume the number next to the mat indicates its rarity? Is there any reason to hold on to most of this shit or should I just rid of all of the common looking stuff and then just farm as needed if there ever comes a time and place for it?

EDIT: Just found out that I eventually get upgrades for my stash. I await this with open arms.

This is great! Now I don't have to feel bad about my boost choices! :D
16917368567_a4cd5303b7_o.jpg

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
This is great! Now I don't have to feel bad about my boost choices! :D

This is why I've been spending thousands of Haku just upgrading mitama. Infinite missions ftw. Easy way to get hundreds of thousands of Haku. I also noticed that the Boost switch when reaching lvl 12 on Mitama basically renders Pacify (at the Mitama upgrade shop) pointless, but this is definitely the better alternative.

This is why I've been spending thousands of Haku just upgrading mitama. Infinite missions ftw. Easy way to get hundreds of thousands of Haku. I also noticed that the Boost switch when reaching lvl 12 on Mitama basically renders Pacify (at the Mitama upgrade shop) pointless, but this is definitely the better alternative.

Yeah there really doesn't seem to be a point to Pacify now.

I should do try some more infinite missions, I've only done the tutorial one once.

Just about finished up on chapter 2 and have been having a lot of fun with this game so far. I've been maining longsword and been using the Minamoto no Yorimitsu mitama for additional damage.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
C'mon GAF... let's play together. Some of these missions, especially the MP side of things, are ridiculous to be tackled alone with AIs... lol.

Been focusing on finishing the story first though, now at chapter 10. The MP side of things only reach phase 6.

As always, add me Toukiden GAF: LaughingBanana. Let's play together whenever the opportunity arises.

Btw, I really like the design of this Oni:

7t9t9o.jpg

IIRC it's the first Oni with a distinctively human face and that what makes it eerily awesome.

Also, HOLY CRAP at the amount of work required to get some of the trophies here in this game. Those who manage to get the Platinum must have no life, hahaha, I mean damn.

Got a physical copy after playing through the demo just to make sure I'd like it.

I've played 3 Monster Hunter games, but all the item juggling and literal farming finally wore on me. The focus on combat rather than preparation and gentler difficulty in Toukiden are right up my alley.

Just started Chapter 3, maining Naginata. I'm not quite as good at it as I want to be, but it sure is satisfying to parry/dodge attacks and keep attacking.

I never played the original Toukiden. Is there anything I need to know? I just make sure to level my Mitama (mostly Attack and Speed), fortify my equipment, get new armor when the leap in defense is big enough/when I feel like I need it, and make every weapon I can.

Should I be messing with the Tenko delivery, spirit tree, and blessing box consistently?

Btw, I really like the design of this Oni:

7t9t9o.jpg

IIRC it's the first Oni with a distinctively human face and that what makes it eerily awesome.
I'm not going to spoil it completely, but there are some new oni that for whatever reason they decided not to put in the story mode, that are also well designed, one of them has a similar human face, and when it goes frenzy after a certain piece is broken off..

it gets on its legs and starts walking like a supermodel..floating spotlights and all.

Got a physical copy after playing through the demo just to make sure I'd like it.

I've played 3 Monster Hunter games, but all the item juggling and literal farming finally wore on me. The focus on combat rather than preparation and gentler difficulty in Toukiden are right up my alley.

Just started Chapter 3, maining Naginata. I'm not quite as good at it as I want to be, but it sure is satisfying to parry/dodge attacks and keep attacking.

I never played the original Toukiden. Is there anything I need to know? I just make sure to level my Mitama (mostly Attack and Speed), fortify my equipment, get new armor when the leap in defense is big enough/when I feel like I need it, and make every weapon I can.

Should I be messing with the Tenko delivery, spirit tree, and blessing box consistently?

I would do it, the tree and the blessing box get better, by the end the tree gives you rarer materials up to 4 of them at once pretty regularly, and the blessing box lets you select more options as far as buffs are concerned..

pahamrick

Is there any place that's translated what you need to upgrade what weapon?

I've had a Royal Rifle maxed out for awhile now, and I still haven't seen any option to upgrade it to a True Royal Rifle. I'm in Chapter 7 in story and Phase 7 in Multi.

I've had a Royal Rifle maxed out for awhile now, and I still haven't seen any option to upgrade it to a True Royal Rifle. I'm in Chapter 7 in story and Phase 7 in Multi.

I usually ask on gfaqs, people can be helpful even in they get a little arrogant in the process, this page helps for non kiwami stuff

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aH-UTPc-T9jX2tmgphHDbYJSFJVjx9zr8Rq0upf9tWU/pubhtml#

Jathaine

Speaking of people being helpful, anyone know where (other than infinite missions) I can get the Mitama Kirigakure Saizo?

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Played online for hours last night, getting my friends through most of Phase 2 (we had to start fresh at phase 1 when a guy spontaneously bought the game to play with us). So much fun.

A couple of questions:

When do we gain the ability to raise Mitama past level 3?
Can anyone explain the Tenko system, including its mood and item hunts, in detail?

I hope someone who understands the game well will flesh out the Wiki soon.

I'm not 100% sure on these things but from what I gather you just have to progress through the story to level up your Mitama past lvl 3. When you do this, you're gonna be asked to delete a boost you currently have equipped on that mitama or delete the new one you just gained as you can only have 3 boosts per mitama. I just recommend building your mitama to suit your style, but don't feel bad about getting rid of a boost as you'll be able to switch out and pick and choose which ones you want on that mitama when you level it out to lvl 12 (ultimate level) later in the game.

As for the Tenko system, again, I'm not 100% sure how this works either since this is a new feature in Kiwami that wasn't available in Age of Demons. As far as I understand the materials your Tenko gathers depends on its mood and the clothes it wears. It can also slightly level up a Mitama but that isn't much of consequence. As far as the mitama on a Tenko is concerned I'd just recommend equipping it with a Healing mitama just so that it could help with that sort of thing when you bump into it. The Tenko isn't essential in mission but believe it or not it saved my life and the mission on one occasion where I had to solo a pair of bosses later on in the game. I also know you can feed lunches to it to increase its mood, and the amount of mood it recovers depends on the rarity of the lunch you give it.

Edit: Afer reading the item info, it says that the Tenkos fur coat will change depending on the dumpling you feed it, while candy affects what the Tenko sounds like.

Also, great stream, I enjoyed it very much.

Speaking of people being helpful, anyone know where (other than infinite missions) I can get the Mitama Kirigakure Saizo?

All that I could refer to was the link that was posted before your post, but it is outdated as it doesn't have the Kiwami content. I honestly have no idea how to find out how you can get a specific Mitama since the game as far as I know doesn't record how you got it. At this point I have around 200 mitama and I'll be unable to tell you where I got a single one from, besides maybe one or two that you get from progressing your relationship with one of the characters (which seems to just be part of progressing through the story)

Jathaine

All that I could refer to was the link that was posted before your post, but it is outdated as it doesn't have the Kiwami content. I honestly have no idea how to find out how you can get a specific Mitama since the game as far as I know doesn't record how you got it. At this point I have around 200 mitama and I'll be unable to tell you where I got a single one from, besides maybe one or two that you get from progressing your relationship with one of the characters (which seems to just be part of progressing through the story)

Unfortuntely, he's not from AoD. I just need him for a forge. Sad I haven't run across him yet as I'm sitting at 271/3xx mitama. Of course this one for the weapon I want would be one of the few I don't have, haha

Ogawa-san

My very last gun requires Ult Aurogrinder mats... So close.

True Royal Rifle: 2x King's Armor, 1x King's halo, 1x True king's wing, 2x Blood red ore. The first 3 mats are from Cimmerian King Ex, you probably haven't fought it yet.

It's a War mitama from Ultimate Amaranthine King, so try phase 16-13. Shameless plug time redux: my mitama checklist updated for Kiwami here, http://goo.gl/HxAzdJ

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This game *really* fond of throwing you into situations where, in normal conditions (meaning you have 4 person parties, you can pick whoever you like, etc) are quite manageable, it seemed like they're designed to annoy you in the purest way possible.

Example: a fight against Terragrinder+Pyrogrinder (bah so annoying), or that one mission--the Four Horseman IIRC--where your team got separated and you need to defeat bosses one by one to be reunited with them (gahhhhh, such a PITA), or in story mode where characters just "let's go brah just you and me the two of us beat this hugely annoying thing when there's actually no reason whatsoever why we can't bring more people, etc etc.

Grumble grumble.

Currently mucking around on Chapter 10 SP and Phase 9 MP... a glance towards all the missions available in the MP side of things are making me ill, hahaha.... *sigh*

As always GAF, add my PSN LaughingBanana. I'll even help anyone out getting through lower phases, no problem, and I have a Mic too so we can party chat or whatever. Playing alone through the MP missions are such a huge pain in the arse, hahaha.

pahamrick

I usually ask on gfaqs, people can be helpful even in they get a little arrogant in the process, this page helps for non kiwami stuff

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aH-UTPc-T9jX2tmgphHDbYJSFJVjx9zr8Rq0upf9tWU/pubhtml#

Thanks!

My very last gun requires Ult Aurogrinder mats... So close.

True Royal Rifle: 2x King's Armor, 1x King's halo, 1x True king's wing, 2x Blood red ore. The first 3 mats are from Cimmerian King Ex, you probably haven't fought it yet.

It's a War mitama from Ultimate Amaranthine King, so try phase 16-13. Shameless plug time redux: my mitama checklist updated for Kiwami here, http://goo.gl/HxAzdJ

That would be why, I haven't come across Cimmerian King EX. Thank you!

Top Bottom