• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Teach me how to use SPIRIT mitama please.

I've been using DEF all this time, I ought to try something new....

What's the best setup for SPIRIT mitama?

Anyways,

Just bought this for more cable-less Toukiden time:

20140223_092846.jpg

And a pic from yesterday's local Vita gathering, where almost everyone played Toukiden together. Toukiden's stupidity of restricting MP progress independent of SP reared its ugly head however, since many of us were forced to repeat from phase 1-1 ://////// Ah well, at least I got to collect some dough and materials.

Shengar

Teach me how to use SPIRIT mitama please.

I've been using DEF all this time, I ought to try something new....

What's the best setup for SPIRIT mitama?

SPT mitama is great for breaking parts since all of it skills are nuke skill. Pursuit can deal heavy damage to specific body part though in most case it will hit either body or other large part like Pyropterix wing or Viper Queen tentacle due to the size of its missile. While the skill description said it is homing, you still need to aim it carefully because its targeting system suck and often your Pursuit will go to waste into the sky. Fountain is AOE nuke skill that deal damage evenly to all body part. The thing is that you can "miss" your Fountain skill if you don't timed it right. It's better to use it after boss deliver an attack which oftenly they stand idle for seconds, enough for Fountain to be delivered fully. And last skill is Eruption, where you deal severe damage to the targeted body part instantly. Unlike Pursuit, Eruption don't have missile and very convenient to break of small parts like Nightblade horns, or Hell's Warden's horn. The only difficulties on using Eruption is that Bow attack mostly not registered properly. Like, I attack the boss horn but when I'm about to use skills it shows body or tail instead which become quite annoying considering how long Eruption cooldown is.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
SPT mitama is great for breaking parts since all of it skills are nuke skill. Pursuit can deal heavy damage to specific body part though in most case it will hit either body or other large part like Pyropterix wing or Viper Queen tentacle due to the size of its missile. While the skill description said it is homing, you still need to aim it carefully because its targeting system suck and often your Pursuit will go to waste into the sky. Fountain is AOE nuke skill that deal damage evenly to all body part. The thing is that you can "miss" your Fountain skill if you don't timed it right. It's better to use it after boss deliver an attack which oftenly they stand idle for seconds, enough for Fountain to be delivered fully. And last skill is Eruption, where you deal severe damage to the targeted body part instantly. Unlike Pursuit, Eruption don't have missile and very convenient to break of small parts like Nightblade horns, or Hell's Warden's horn. The only difficulties on using Eruption is that Bow attack mostly not registered properly. Like, I attack the boss horn but when I'm about to use skills it shows body or tail instead which become quite annoying considering how long Eruption cooldown is.

1st bolded: Whaaaa? Maybe my eyes were deceiving me but the size of the missile was pretty small and it's more of a 'poke' than a 'missile' to me o___O And the damage seemed very insignificant.

2nd bolded: When I tried Fountain the upwards beams of light from below seem so small and so quick to dissipate; the funny thing was yesterday when I played some ad-hoc with folks it seemed like their Fountain's beams were much bigger.... maybe my eyes were fooling me though.... >__>

Any recommended SPT Mitama setup?

Baliis

1st bolded: Whaaaa? Maybe my eyes were deceiving me but the size of the missile was pretty small and it's more of a 'poke' than a 'missile' to me o___O And the damage seemed very insignificant.

2nd bolded: When I tried Fountain the upwards beams of light from below seem so small and so quick to dissipate; the funny thing was yesterday when I played some ad-hoc with folks it seemed like their Fountain's beams were much bigger.... maybe my eyes were fooling me though.... >__>

Any recommended SPT Mitama setup?

You can charge the attacks, look down at the skills when you start to purify and 5 little dots will show up.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
The game did touch on it a little bit, but I suppose it didn't drive point home, but the manual does. I recommend everyone to read the digital manual even over the training sessions. It explains the possible combos better for each weapon plus each of the battle styles, skills, other stuff, even status ailments, which the game doesn't explain at all. .

wilflare

@Laughing Banana, how's the NYKO grip. I'm thinking of getting one myself for extra juice. is it comfortable

btw folks, what's the point of equipping two Mitama?
I'm finally in Chapter 3. I'm more concerned about clearing quests than anything else

-and ugh... feeling sick-

Seil

@Laughing Banana, how's the NYKO grip. I'm thinking of getting one myself for extra juice. is it comfortable

btw folks, what's the point of equipping two Mitama?
I'm finally in Chapter 3. I'm more concerned about clearing quests than anything else

-and ugh... feeling sick-

You get the passive abilities of extra Mitama equipped.

Edit: Also, I think there are combinations of Mitama that give extra bonuses. Haven't messed around with that yet.

wilflare

either I'm doing it wrong.. or I'm really not having fun with the Sword. lol
but I've invested quite a bit in it now... so changing it won't be fun either

Baliis

Bladewing is the most annoying monster to fight. When I'm zoomed in aiming with the bow, you can't see 90% of his attacks. At least Frostwing you can see the glow underneath you.

Seil

either I'm doing it wrong.. or I'm really not having fun with the Sword. lol
but I've invested quite a bit in it now... so changing it won't be fun either

I'm near the end of chapter 4 at the moment and I've changed weapon type so many times... The sword isn't one that I gave much of a chance, though. Fists, bow and knives are my favorites. I dropped fists early, though, as I don't find them very well suited for single player where if you don't break the annoying parts yourself, they're definitely not breaking x.x

Knives are what I've used the most. They're fast and, though weak, great for breaking otherwise annoying parts. I'm currently using a bow with spirit Mitama, though, and I'm not sure if I want to stick with it or go back to knives. I'll have a great run that goes better than anything in the past, then an incredibly frustrating one.

SnakeEyez

Am I the only one rocking the Speed Mitama? I swear that thing makes me in I in invincible. I keep forgetting the name of the skill but triangle make it so I can dodge mid attack which is great for long sword. Circle's skill combined with long swords circle attack makes it so I can deal damage super quickly. I can't see myself going back to atk or spt. Anybody else feel this way?

JimPanzer

Am I the only one rocking the Speed Mitama? I swear that thing makes me in I in invincible. I keep forgetting the name of the skill but triangle make it so I can dodge mid attack which is great for long sword. Circle's skill combined with long swords circle attack makes it so I can deal damage super quickly. I can't see myself going back to atk or spt. Anybody else feel this way?

does the circle SPD skill really stack with the longsword circle skill? I got the feeling it doesn't add up and switched to the ATK mitama because of that, altough I like the other SPD mitama skills alot more.

Seil

I go for speed when using knives. Agility's invincibility is nice when you just can't manage to get out in time, Vigor lets you stay airborne and spin longer and hit faster, Energy helps recharge when drained and give a speed boost(when coupled with the swift for Energy passive). They go really well together.

SnakeEyez

does the circle SPD skill really stack with the longsword circle skill? I got the feeling it doesn't add up and switched to the ATK mitama because of that, altough I like the other SPD mitama skills alot more.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me I believe so. I'll just mash square 4x then do the x + [] attack and repeat. You can really do tons of damage that way (especially with the triangle skill active, that way I can ignore the first hit and just keep on going)

RalchAC

I use Speed Mitamas too (Dual Knives). The Square skill is really nice and the cooldown is short. It lets me do AoE damage with the O attack quite often, which is good. The triangle is especially useful when I'm mid air since I'm more vulnerable there and the O skill is really good for staying longer times in mid air (and do more damage to those higher parts).

Someone for a couple of matches? I'm at phase 3-3, I think :) I'm kinda slow, but I don't want to finish the game in 10 days xD

fedexpeon

Banned

It does. SPD is probably better on LS than any other Mitama since the uptime/cast-time is very low, and the your O(blue sword) adds speed boost to your swings.
You can get 3-4 pieces into red/purple with Vigor up since you are spinning around like crazy.
And if you are a crit build with Fervor, mmmm, never ending Focus with Regenerate.
Add in Agi+, you are going to facetank everything while spamming that O+attk.
Agi+ is the most OP skill in the game.

JimPanzer

I use Speed Mitamas too (Dual Knives). The Square skill is really nice and the cooldown is short. It lets me do AoE damage with the O attack quite often, which is good. The triangle is especially useful when I'm mid air since I'm more vulnerable there and the O skill is really good for staying longer times in mid air (and do more damage to those higher parts).

Someone for a couple of matches? I'm at phase 3-3, I think :) I'm kinda slow, but I don't want to finish the game in 10 days xD

It does. SPD is probably better on LS than any other Mitama since the uptime/cast-time is very low, and the your O(blue sword) adds speed boost to your swings.
You can get 3-4 pieces into red/purple with Vigor up since you are spinning around like crazy.
And if you are a crit build with Fervor, mmmm, never ending Focus with Regenerate.
Add in Agi+, you are going to facetank everything while spamming that O+attk.
Agi+ is the most OP skill in the game.

sounds great! will give it a try. which mitama have agi+?

Ogawa-san

Finished clearing MP chapters, now I just need to wrap up all missions. Anyone cleared those with tighter time limits (like
Windshredder in 7min and Chthonian King in 12
) yet? They don't look very doable with AI teammates and I couldn't find chapter 6+ rooms online, so I haven't tried yet.

Playing with ai is so dreadful. They don't ever help me collect parts and are generally useless. Got to chapter 5 and I'm done with SP.

Their uselessness generally comes from them trying to be useful but directing that in completely the wrong direction. As you say rather than carrying on attacking they should be breaking off to purify parts. I just had a dual manhunter fight where I missed out on all parts for both of them because they regenerated limbs while my AI sat around doing nothing.

But this shouldn't be surprising for an Omega Force game. They've always seemed to fundamentally misunderstood the purpose of ally AI. It's not to plough through full steam ahead regardless of anything else leaving the player to run around on mop up duty and missing out on the meat of the game.

Man, i was fighting Hell's Warden, something happened and the frame rate dropped to shits (for a second or two). I know this is quite common with Tecmo-Koei games, I just wanna see if anyone else gets this issue with Toukiden.

JimPanzer

Man, i was fighting Hell's Warden, something happened and the frame rate dropped to shits (for a second or two). I know this is quite common with Tecmo-Koei games, I just wanna see if anyone else gets this issue with Toukiden.

yep, happens from time to time. they went a bit too far with the magic effects imo.

Shengar

Just returned home from a local Vita gathering. It was really fun as my first Adhoc party experience. I know why Japan went into craze with MHP and why adhoc is king there. Playing hunting action game with a group of friends and you'll have great times ahead (though I don't have that luxury, which is why I'm having so much today but at least I still have Gaf).

But anyway, we talked a bit on Toukiden strategies. There is this one particular guy who have spent 100 hours since launch last week, and lost his save file because he played with Japanese gamers online (though he able to catched up and managed to put another 50 hours into his new save file lol). He said that Japanese players is skilfully crazy bastards (like staying on the air indefinitely with kusarigama and chaining skill while attacking mid air), and from that online experience he met a LCK user who forbid anyone from purifying any part but him. I'm puzzled with this myself and asked why is that. And the reason is simple: purifying a part will restore Revival skill cast amount by one. It could gives group of hunters big advantage against multiple bosses, especially when there is only one altar around. Also that particular LCK user is memorize the square skill button. He know when Might or Barrier will activated, timed them accordingly to the situation. Really crazy.

I thought LCK is kinda of a joke. I was wrong.

Abylim

Soo, just discovered the amazingness of SPT.

Whats good stats for it? Attack up is just for our attack right, not for Mitama abilities? So I'd want things like Fountain Bolster and the like?

Kind of annoying that I cant make pursuit or eruption target some parts, like the horn on Night/Sableblade, but fountain is amazing!

Shengar

Soo, just discovered the amazingness of SPT.

Whats good stats for it? Attack up is just for our attack right, not for Mitama abilities? So I'd want things like Fountain Bolster and the like?

Kind of annoying that I cant make pursuit or eruption target some parts, like the horn on Night/Sableblade, but fountain is amazing!

Attack up just raise your normal attack. You need specific Skill (Bolster) to increase their damage. So far, I have yet to see any Fountain Bolster or anything that improved it beside +1 which is very dissappointing since Fountain is really great to weaken all body parts. And actually you can specifically damage certain part with Eruption. Lock on on which part you want to damage, strike it with uncharged normal attack few times (I assumed you use bow) and the crosshair (blue-red circle) should be on that body part. Pursuit follow this also, but since its missile is so goddamn big full charged, it will impacted on other body parts than the targeted one.

Top Bottom