• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Abdiel

I've now preordered three copies of this game, including a purchase of a vita for one of my best friends in California. Time to get my online hunting on via party chat. Woo!

killatopak

Gold Member
Didn't expect compiling the list to be hard.

If somebody wants to help me, I'd be really grateful.

I can't make it to be editable by everyone though or else somebody may mess it up.

swnny

I just pre-ordered the game from zavvi. Altho I posted it here, I myself missed the 10% off promotion by a week, but there is a 5% off going atm, so it's still nice price for the game. :)

Any one having a idea how will we transfer our demo data to the retail game? Do I have to keep the demo bauble till I make my retail save?

I just pre-ordered the game from zavvi. Altho I posted it here, I myself missed the 10% off promotion by a week, but there is a 5% off going atm, so it's still nice price for the game. :)

Any one having a idea how will we transfer our demo data to the retail game? Do I have to keep the demo bauble till I make my retail save?

That's how it worked in case of SoulSac.

Didn't expect compiling the list to be hard.

If somebody wants to help me, I'd be really grateful.

I can't make it to be editable by everyone though or else somebody may mess it up.

I'd be glad to help if you could show me where you're pulling the info from to begin with.

jNyUqT8.png

Praise the SUN!

Only question now is what time it will be available?

maouvin

Only question now is what time it will be available?

You never ask this when talking about US PSN ;)

Battle action trailer, might be thread worthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJR_ewyRng

yummy. Nice to watch the chain and sickle relaunches working.

Was day 1 digital availability ever a question? I don't remember anything not being available day 1 digitally on the Vita. I'd rather they said something about the preorder DLC stuff.

Indeed.

ramyeon

Was day 1 digital availability ever a question? I don't remember anything not being available day 1 digitally on the Vita. I'd rather they said something about the preorder DLC stuff.
People got confused because Tecmo Koei Europe tweeted that it'd be available digitally on the 14th. Obviously meant for Europeans :p

Zalusithix

That's surprising and silly. Thanks, I guess.

With the way pack in DLC is going these days, it's anything but surprising. I've been moving to getting my games in physical form lately, so it doesn't really affect me, but it does suck for those that want to go digital.

Giolon

I've been seeing a lot of advertising for this game around, and I just watched some gameplay video on the official site. So, is this game basically Monster Hunter but set in mythical feudal Japan? I'm going to download the demo once I get home from work.

Shiina

With the way pack in DLC is going these days, it's anything but surprising. I've been moving to getting my games in physical form lately, so it doesn't really affect me, but it does suck for those that want to go digital.

TK packed DLC costumes with Totori+ and Meruru+ for people who bought the game within a month or so of release. I was hoping they'd do the same with Toukiden.

ramyeon

TK packed DLC costumes with Totori+ and Meruru+ for people who bought the game within a month or so of release. I was hoping they'd do the same with Toukiden.
Well you're not missing out on much. It's just a pair of cat ears that will most likely get little use and a Mitama that is acquirable in game (Although in a much later chapter) anyway.

I've been seeing a lot of advertising for this game around, and I just watched some gameplay video on the official site. So, is this game basically Monster Hunter but set in mythical feudal Japan? I'm going to download the demo once I get home from work.

i'm no MH expert, but it's def. a hunting game as you described.

I got the highest possible attack boost from the offering box and just got a 2:59 (with AI partners) on Manhunter. Not sure if I can do it much faster.

Come to think of it though, I should've tried to beat my solo time while I had that boost. Ah well.

killatopak

Gold Member

Just upload your save to the cloud if you don't want to keep the demo.

I got the highest possible attack boost from the offering box and just got a 2:59 (with AI partners) on Manhunter. Not sure if I can do it much faster.

Come to think of it though, I should've tried to beat my solo time while I had that boost. Ah well.

Did you break all parts?

I'll pm you where I got my info. You do have to pm me your email address so I can add you to the list of editors.

Did you break all parts?

I'll pm you where I got my info. You do have to pm me your email address so I can add you to the list of editors.

PM sent. And no, I didn't break all parts in that 2:59. I was just going for the quickest possible kill.

killatopak

Gold Member
PM sent. And no, I didn't break all parts in that 2:59. I was just going for the quickest possible kill.

I see. How did you even make that 7 minute solo run lol. Most I could do was around 9 or 10 minutes. Did the Manhunter even hit you? lol

It's a bit hard to see what Manhunter is trying to do when I'm using the charge attack on my spear because it kinda zooms in so my FOV is limited.

Number45

The bonuses are included in the EU version, which I think is also published by TK? Surprising they would do it in one region and not another.

Will it work like this? Soul Sacrifice read the demo save specifically - which obviously has a different bubble name.

killatopak

Gold Member
Will it work like this? Soul Sacrifice read the demo save specifically - which obviously has a different bubble name.

I'm not exactly sure.

Can't watch YT at work, is it an English trailer? I'll prob. make a thread for it when I get back home unless someone does it before me.

Will update the OP with links to the pre-order/digital ver. when they're up.

Can you also add my Mitama List? I think it can be helpful once the full game comes out. It's complete(read: almost). It just needs some finishing touches and some others thing that I'll update once the full game comes out. I'm not sure if all the mitamas are covered though.
Battle action trailer, might be thread worthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJR_ewyRng

Ohhh!! Nice! Didn't know you could use a super move in the air with the chain and sickle and the dual knives.

Tizoc

Sure, Sengoku basara 3 had a sheet for getting allies and getting the alt. endings too, without it I may not have Platinumed it.

maouvin

This. SS needed the demo on the mem card to import the save, so it'd be safe to keep the Toukiden demo to do the importing to the full version.

killatopak

Gold Member
Amazing work.

What is 1st and 2nd set ?

1st set would be monsters in chapters 1-5 while the 2nd set would be monsters in chapter 6-9.

Same monsters, different chapters.

Do take note that the names Tengu, Mermaid Mantis and the "Super" Bosses are just placeholder names since I can't find their English translations.

Also some of the Mitamas in the Unsure section are probably JP exclusive or are DLCs like Toro and Kuro who are the Playstation mascots.

killatopak

Gold Member
So i have to farm all mitamas in set 1 before going to chapter 6 ? That would make it missiable trophy which sucks.

It's not missable at all. You can prompt to find them later if you want to. It just means that you can't find the same mitamas on chapters 1-5 on chapters 6-9.

-----
Anybody know the translations for these 確定入手 and アメノカガトリ?

They are monster names.

ajim

Can't wait for this to be released in Aus!! Hope it does well.

how many GB is this so I can decide between physical or digital? Dat 32gb doesn't go very far....

Do you get any extra item if you import your demo data?, can you import your data from the demo and start the game from the beginning with it?, I skip all the story stuff in the demo.

ramyeon

Do you get any extra item if you import your demo data?, can you import your data from the demo and start the game from the beginning with it?, I skip all the story stuff in the demo.
No, you get the items and stuff from your demo save game and pick up from there that's it.

If you wanna start a new game anyway you won't get anything special from importing the data.

No, you get the items and stuff from your demo save game and pick up from there that's it.

If you wanna start a new game anyway you won't get anything special from importing the data.

Thanks, I guess I will delete the demo and start from zero in the full game.

co1onel

I'm hoping I can get this game at launch. I don't want to miss out on the online while its still active. The demo really sold me on it. I especially just love the feudal japan setting and music in contrast to MH. Seems like a game I could sink a lot of time into.

Top Bottom