• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Tizoc

Bow is too awesome. If shown some more, everyone would use bow.

Nice work! Tizoc, please add it to the OP.

I'm at work for the next 2 hours, takes me 30 mins. to get home I'll be at the gym for the next 60+ minutes after that, I'll get it updated once I'm free @3@

Number45

Thinking of hedging my bets and going physical on this one, do we know if Zavvi includes the pre-order bonuses?

EDIT: These are the bonuses on offer in the UK:

If you pre-order it via PSN, you get the Cat Ears armour and Spirit Soul of Momotaro.

GAME – you’ll get Fox Mask and Spirit Soul of Yae.

Amazon, etc – 2 missions.

The spirit souls can be unlocked in the game but by pre-ordering it, you get the early access to become more powerful at early stage.

Undecided. :/

killatopak

Gold Member
Just wanted to say nice seeing an OP made for the game. Good stuff Tizoc! :)

Parakeetman, you know Japanese right? Can you like send me a link where there's a list of all the mitamas and where to get them?

I already made my own list but the number of mitamas are currently at 160+. TK twitter account said there were more than 200. I fear my list may be inaccurate. This is my list BTW.

Edit: Sorry I miscounted. It's actually around 200+. It's actually pretty good now but there are Mitamas that I haven't found what monster drops it.

---
Tizoc, I think this is good for the OP
BfzDuWUCEAAxK4k.jpg

I got it from KT twitter.

ParityBit

How long do you guys think the online community will be active? I hate to think I will get a game which will become a wasteland quick, especially when you need an online component to enjoy it.

Tizoc

Parakeetman, you know Japanese right? Can you like send me a link where there's a list of all the mitamas and where to get them?

I already made my own list but the number of mitamas are currently at 160+. TK twitter account said there were more than 200. I fear my list may be inaccurate. This is my list BTW.

---
Tizoc, I think this is good for the OP
BfzDuWUCEAAxK4k.jpg

I got it from KT twitter.
That's also from the main Toukiden website.

Just finished the demo, this is too good.

Pros:

-OST is awesome
-Combat (sword) seems fun, but a little too easy, there is only a couple of combos, but maybe that's not even the point! (The only game like this I've played is SS)
-OST is great
-Graphics. Very sharp, everything looks good.

Cons: (might not actually be cons for some of you)
- Dat cringeworthy dialogue.
- The loli sound that every female has in the game.

That's about it!'

Great game all in all.

nynt9

So, I got a review copy for this game and Tecmo Koei are allowing me to stream 30 minutes of footage from it. I'll be doing so at around 9-10PM EST on twitch.tv/nayon7 tonight. Is there anything specific you would want to see from the game? I can't talk about anything else because I'm embargoed until the 10th.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rxAyfkDN70

killatopak

Gold Member
So, I got a review copy for this game and Tecmo Koei are allowing me to stream 30 minutes of footage from it. I'll be doing so at around 9-10PM EST on twitch.tv/nayon7 tonight. Is there anything specific you would want to see from the game? I can't talk about anything else because I'm embargoed until the 10th.

Load times.

ramyeon

-Combat (sword) seems fun, but a little too easy, there is only a couple of combos, but maybe that's not even the point! (The only game like this I've played is SS)
MH was never really about combos, more about getting a few hits in quickly while you have an opening and not being greedy. Greediness with attacking leads to bad things, basically. Long Sword plays the most like a MH weapon, and it also has the longest repeatable combo in the game. But yeah, I don't think they were aiming for a lot of difficult combos - this isn't really that type of game.

MH was never really about combos, more about getting a few hits in quickly while you have an opening and not being greedy. Greediness with attacking leads to bad things, basically. Long Sword plays the most like a MH weapon, and it also has the longest repeatable combo in the game. But yeah, I don't think they were aiming for a lot of difficult combos - this isn't really that type of game.

Ahh okay. Thanks for the explanation, I found it fun nontheless!

Thinking of hedging my bets and going physical on this one, do we know if Zavvi includes the pre-order bonuses?

EDIT: These are the bonuses on offer in the UK:

Undecided. :/

I'd say none of those bonuses are better than 22,5 pounds price i'm getting from zavvi :D

RpgN

Man, I wanted to pre-order the game, play the demo asap and just get into it. But I haven't had the time to try the demo out. I've been so busy with playing some playstation plus games before my subscription expires around April, that it's messing up plans. It looks like I might not be able to play this game day 1...

What to do...I was so looking forward to it...this sucks.

Number45

I'd say none of those bonuses are better than 22,5 pounds price i'm getting from zavvi :D
Yeah, I think I missed that deal. There's nothing in there of note really (although I'm partial to some cat ears), I'm going to try and resist for now.

Man, I wanted to pre-order the game, play the demo asap and just get into it. But I haven't had the time to try the demo out. I've been so busy with playing some playstation plus games before my subscription expires around April, that it's messing up plans. It looks like I might not be able to play this game day 1...

What to do...I was so looking forward to it...this sucks.
Why would you own a PlayStation device and not PS+? Keep your sub going
and the backlog growing. :'(

nynt9

If anyone cares, the stream will go up in about 20 minutes after I make this post. I'll be fighting the end boss of chapter 2.

If anyone cares, the stream will go up in about 20 minutes after I make this post. I'll be fighting the end boss of chapter 2.

i cared but i had nothing special i wanted to see, just wanted to see the game , and it was nice.
Nice of you to show the end of the boss for the demo . HIs alternate form is cool.

i do love the dual blades too , my favorite weapon despite the lack of damage.
It was pretty cool, Thanks.

Zunja

I can either get this or bravery default. I absolutely love Soul Sacrifice and Monster Hunter and I'm a sucker for those games. The problem is there area a lot of crappy MH clones. So I'm wondering if there are any impressions of it so far. Ragnarok Odyssey was a huge let down for me. I'd rather get this but I know I'll like Bravery Default regardless.

expel

It's not missable at all. You can prompt to find them later if you want to. It just means that you can't find the same mitamas on chapters 1-5 on chapters 6-9.

-----
Anybody know the translations for these 確定入手 and アメノカガトリ?

They are monster names.
確定入手 is not a monsters name, it means 100% drop
アメノカガトリ is probably a monsters name amenokagatori...must be some kind of bird monster? Lol

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It *should* be okay to perhaps post the PSN of folks playing this game on the OP to make it easy to add people to friendlist for MP purposes, right? Is it alright to do that?

Shiina

I can either get this or bravery default. I absolutely love Soul Sacrifice and Monster Hunter and I'm a sucker for those games. The problem is there area a lot of crappy MH clones. So I'm wondering if there are any impressions of it so far. Ragnarok Odyssey was a huge let down for me. I'd rather get this but I know I'll like Bravery Default regardless.

The demo gives you a pretty good impression of the game, minus the difficulty, it's kind of lacking in the Western demo.

So I got the Offering Boost where you gain back stamina every time you crit.

That is utterly stupidly broken with gauntlets. It was so much fun. Combined with the Mitama skill where every hit is 100% critical for a period of time, get Manhunter into a corner, and you can spam rapid punches for entirely too long. Eventually the stamina loss overtakes the recovery when the punches hit the fastest speed, but by then you've done so much damage it's ridiculous.

Shengar

So far, the impression I gathered from some MonHunGaf on the demo thread is extremely positive, mostly due how its resemble MonHun in many way but with quicker pace. Personally I suggest to buy Toukiden first because game like this will have its online community quite inactive after the first two months.

Abylim

If we are doing co op Gaf list add me

PSN Abylim

I'm still not sure if I'm going digital or not for this, its $5 cheaper for the cart, IF JB stocks it.

It *should* be okay to perhaps post the PSN of folks playing this game on the OP to make it easy to add people to friendlist for MP purposes, right? Is it alright to do that?

Something like the google docs list that Andrex made for the MH3U op would be good. People can just go in and add themselves. Would like this as if MH3U is anything to go by, playing with GAFers will be much more fun than playing with randoms.

BDFF will be the same exact game if you buy it three months from now. Toukiden won't be. You know what to do.

Shengar

BDFF will be the same exact game if you buy it three months from now. Toukiden won't be. You know what to do.
Well, there is this villager feature that requires you to have a lot of friend in order to work, but for that you can add people fcs from Bravely Default OT and still receive villagers three months later.

oh yeah stfuppercut, I should add you since ages ago :p
Here's my ID thongorthegreat

Tizoc

*Facepalm* Yet another thing that skipped my mine when making this OT.

OK People if you want to play with other GAFfers, post your Vita Username and I'll add them to the First post.

ramyeon

there's an option for it in the settings, I think mine was on by default but I turned it off
and still couldn't find any online lobbies ; ;
The option is for English only or all language lobbies. So it shouldn't be region locked but rather language locked. I definitely played with some GAFers who are not in Australia.

Top Bottom