• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Shengar

I would, if not for the fact that just managing and optimizing one weapon already sapped my funds so badly ughhh.

Seriously man, do you used different Mitamas on different bows? I mean, sure there are two kind of mitama sets for SPT so far. The first one being solely focused on SPT skills with no regard to elemental damage, while the other one might tweaked around maximizing elemental damage instead. But seriously mitama leveling isn't that expensive if you know which mitama you need to level up, and with you being on the Phase 10, you should have fuckton of money, not to mention that you've clocked 90 hours to it right?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Seriously man, do you used different Mitamas on different bows? I mean, sure there are two kind of mitama sets for SPT so far. The first one being solely focused on SPT skills with no regard to elemental damage, while the other one might tweaked around maximizing elemental damage instead. But seriously mitama leveling isn't that expensive if you know which mitama you need to level up, and with you being on the Phase 10, you should have fuckton of money, not to mention that you've clocked 90 hours to it right?

104 hours to be exact. Well, between:

- Purchasing and upgrading numerous armors, ranging around 25000 to 50000 a pop,
- Upgrading various bows with Tatara charging me around 70000 to 80000 a pop,
- Leveling various Mitamas from SPT, SPC, DEF, and one from SPD,
- Always, without fail paying Guardian Tree in-between missions...

My funds are always running dry here, hahaha.

Puru

Is there anybody who main or used a Luck Mitama who tested the risk increase passive when using the triangle skill?

I would be interested to know if the chance to get the level 3 increase is really noticeable especially since the one who does the same for the square skill seems to produce ridiculous result so far (or i'm just plain lucky).

Same question for the heal chance with triangle, does it proc often and how powerful is the heal?

Guess I'm done with the single player. Done it all apart from the 2 last solo missions on chapter 6 and the solo on 7(defeat all oni).

This game has a really strange difficulty spike.

I never found any of the mission toooo hard. Solo chapter 5 took two attempts. I did both the defeat 4 bosses on my first attempt but both I only did with a minute to spare. Then it comes to these solo ones. Fuck my life they aren't fun at all.

First I tried was viper and venom queen one. It like they just said let's make them three times stronger than normal and take away your allies and that was it. Her parts were taking way longer to break and after 3 tries I don't want to even touch that quest any more. I wouldn't mind if it was fun but you know its bs when you have no issues with a boss till they super buff them and "go deal with it". Just get aoe'd the second you get a groove on.

So I though I would try the one before it. Blood hunter and skytiger thing.

All going OK. Still bullshit damage buffs and now its auto targeting is ridiculous. I just couldn't avoid its attacks some times and it suddenly has instant rock spit. What ever. I break off a bunch of its limbs and start winning. 10 mins in. Skytiger turns up. So you have to fight them at literally the same time. Both are pretty mobile and have ranged attacks.

Fuck this game lol. Those last few missions will go left undone I guess.

Might do multiplayer at some point. Shame I have to grind the earlier phases if I do. Regardless I got over 50 hours out of it already so I'm happy enough with that. Was fun if flawed in several ways.

Ogawa-san

I didn't find solo missions fun either, that's why I didn't touch them again until I was really geared up. Coming back with rank 9 armor/weapon, the right elemental weapon and a mitama setup built to outlast (DEF, health regen on part break, etc) made a world of difference. I've finished Oni Onslaught in 30min, which was about the time it took me to get just Frostwing to half health before I died the first time I tried.

Also, you don't go for full breakage. You just break the part you can easily hit, purify it, then hit it - and only it - until the boss dies. That way you start chipping away its health, not part/surface resilience.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I didn't find solo missions fun either, that's why I didn't touch them again until I was really geared up. Coming back with rank 9 armor/weapon, the right elemental weapon and a mitama setup built to outlast (DEF, health regen on part break, etc) made a world of difference. I've finished Oni Onslaught in 30min, which was about the time it took me to get just Frostwing to half health before I died the first time I tried.

Also, you don't go for full breakage. You just break the part you can easily hit, purify it, then hit it - and only it - until the boss dies. That way you start chipping away its health, not part/surface resilience.

Yes exactly. The only reason you would break all parts is for the materials and bonuses. These solo missions are far from ideal for getting all the materials as not only is the boss focused only on you, but you can easily run out of time. The priority is definitely to beat the boss as fast as possible.

MyvTeddy

Neo Member
So some of the stats I'm not really sure what they do.

I'm guessing precision is critical or something akin to that, but what does weight do?

krossj

Just defeated the Amaranthine King quest in phase 10. Might go and finish some of the solo missions or farm Amaranthine online in the future but I think I am more or less done with the game.

Have 87 Mitama at the moment and can't see myself going after them all or even finding all the drops as some of the boss fights just got boring and irritating after so many battles, especially that Edax while trying to get it's Hornbit to drop.

Seil

So some of the stats I'm not really sure what they do.

I'm guessing precision is critical or something akin to that, but what does weight do?

Precision is indeed for criticals. You won't crit if you have no precision outside of properly timed gauntlets or when using the 100% crit ATK skill.

Weight seems to be related to knockback. Not sure exactly how it applies. Could be defensive in determining how badly you get sent flying or for offensive purposes reducing the recoil of your attacks, keeping you in range. Of course it could also do both. It doesn't seem to have any effect on stamina usage etc, so I'd assume it's never bad to have more weight.

Ogawa-san

I'm at 400 weight and I still lose clashes against imps, flailing Chthonian tails still drag me around like I'm paper and I still fly across the earth twice whenever a Terragrinder hits me with that diving attack.

So I just go ahead and assume it's telling my character is fat.

Seil

The manual says this on Weight: "The higher this is, the stronger you will be in close-quarter shoves."

That's not vague at all, right? x.x

I'm thinking it's recoil reduction(might be useful for knife spin if so?)

Ogawa-san

Yep, MFHU is compatible and you can download it straight to Vita like other PSP games.

The issue is with PSP demos, they won't run on it at all. Even if download it to a PS3 first, you can't copy it over.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Do you have a clue if you can download it without a PS3? Because I know you can't download the demo without one.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. I mean MHFU is a PSP game if I recall correctly and so I don't think you need a PS3 I mean, as long as you have a PSP or PSVita you can play it. If you mean purchasing it, or whatever, you can do it on the online store on your PC. It hasn't come out yet for PS+ yet. Although, I think it only applies to US

Europe has other stuff.

Edit: Oh I didn't know that @Kazama Sogetsu Thanks for clearing that up. Tis good to know.

Any tips before I fight my first Terragrinder ?

Should i go with gauntlets for faster kill or safely with bow ?

And does shop ever have anythin usefull beside pool cards ?

Seil

I've never fought the grinders with gauntlets x.x Have with knives, though. Actually considering picking gauntlets back up soon...

Anyway, bows are great for them. First phase isn't really that bad. Especially once you break its back legs. But in its second phase, it spends a lot of time underground. If you hit it during one of its jumps, it'll be downed for a few moments and the bow is great for timing that.

If you're a SPD user with Agility active, hitting it with melee if it dives at you may work okay. Just an assumption. but since you shouldn't be fazed by the attack, it would probably be easy to land a hit.

As for the shop, no not really x.x

Edit: Unless you want to just buy certain weapons rather than obtain missing parts(assuming you're actually missing them) anyway. Though by the time they appear, they're outclassed. But I could see myself buying one for upgrade purposes if I was out of a mat haha.

Scher

Just use whatever weapon you feel most comfortable with. Don't just take gauntlets because you think it'll be faster or bow because you think it will be safer. At the end of the day, how fast you kill and how safe you are is entirely dependent on how you play. I'm a gauntlet user, but I'm pretty much built to be a brick wall, so I feel pretty safe on just about any boss.

In terms of advice for the actual fight, break the hind legs first. If you break those, it will cause Terragrinder to fall over every time he charges, which means free damage. The second phase is probably going to be the biggest issue. Like Seil said, if you have a way to hit Terragrinder when it leaps into the air, then you can knock it down for a while. Also, if you're able to break several of the limbs during the second phase, then leaping into the air will cause Terragrinder to fall regardless of whether or not it gets hit. Other than that, there's not much you can do but to trail it until it sits still. Also, if it hops out of the ground and actually sits on the ground instead of leaping into the air, then it's about to start spinning, so get away from it until it stops spinning. Then you should be able to get some free hits until it burrows again.

RalchAC

I don't know why but I'm now playing Dynasty Warriors Next instead of Toukiden lol. I think Dragon's Dogma (and it's dumb AI) is filling that void right now. Sometimes you just need to smash buttons without much thinking.

Well, I'll return to it whenever I feel like it. At least they're made by the same developer lol

Ogawa-san

Talking about Dragon's Dogma, I've read somewhere that if someone uses your character's records in place of an AI you get some haku later, just like online pawns. Is it true?

Scher

Talking about Dragon's Dogma, I've read somewhere that if someone uses your character's records in place of an AI you get some haku later, just like online pawns. Is it true?

That does seem to be the case. I know I randomly got some haku from someone using my AI partner.

Zephyl

Does anyone know how to unlock the EX ages to send your little tenko to? I've only unlocked one and have no idea how I did it.

Scher

Does anyone know how to unlock the EX ages to send your little tenko to? I've only unlocked one and have no idea how I did it.

You just have to complete a mission for that EX age. If you're just doing single player, the first 3 missions of chapter 6 are for 3 of the EX ages, and the first 3 missions of chapter 7 will be for the other 3 EX ages.

Ogawa-san

is eye of truth mask supposed to be rare? it feels like i'm getting too many of them.
It's a rank 9 item, the rarest kind. But the usual rule applies: not that rare until you need it.

I got over 200 without noticing. Now I'm trying to get one for a trophy, 60+ kills in two days and I got zero.

That does seem to be the case. I know I randomly got some haku from someone using my AI partner.

Was probably me. I brought you on an Abyssal Fiend.

...you kept standing still and eating that attack that lets him grow all of his broken parts back instantly. T_T

Zephyl

You just have to complete a mission for that EX age. If you're just doing single player, the first 3 missions of chapter 6 are for 3 of the EX ages, and the first 3 missions of chapter 7 will be for the other 3 EX ages.

Thank you! I must say switching from long sword to the bow is tedious!!! A lot more easier to break parts though!

Kaji

Has anybody been using the Cerberus spear at all? worth stacking more crit or just going with extra crit damage etc?

Was using a lot of spears until I found my love of bow..

Scher

Was probably me. I brought you on an Abyssal Fiend.

...you kept standing still and eating that attack that lets him grow all of his broken parts back instantly. T_T

That's what you get for taking a cheap knock off over the real thing!

The capability of the AI just seems completely random at times. The fiends are both good examples of this, where sometimes that AI has no issues getting out of those attacks, while other times they just stand there and let the limbs grow back. I used to take Fugaku all the time on SP player missions, but he just seemed to get worse overtime. I stopped taking him because I got really frustrated with him sometimes doing nothing but running into the boss and slowly pushing them away from me while I was trying to hit the boss.

LMN

Has anybody been using the Cerberus spear at all? worth stacking more crit or just going with extra crit damage etc?

Was using a lot of spears until I found my love of bow..

I using it right now, for me the Cerberus spear is basically an upgrade of Ibuki spear with higher attk and crit. As of right now, I personally see no different after precision pass 100, so I suggest rather than stacking crit you should stack some other skills like devastation, fervor, or prescience.

Kaji

I using it right now, for me the Cerberus spear is basically an upgrade of Ibuki spear with higher attk and crit. As of right now, I personally see no different after precision pass 100, so I suggest rather than stacking crit you should stack some other skills like devastation, fervor, or prescience.

Cheers, will put together a nice little set :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So!

I just found out that, for forged bows (I do imagine this will be the same with other weapons):

First of all: let's just say that in order to get Forged Bow no. 6, which cost 420.000 in itself plus a level 10 mitama, you need Forged Bow number 3, which cost 240.000 in itself plus a level 10 mitama as well. To get Forged Bow number 3, you need one specific weapons to be evolved three times, which cost 40.000 + 88880 + 99990 = 228.270.

So! Just to get a *single* forged bow, you need to fork out 888.270 haku in total. Oh no, what about if you want to keep Forged Bow number 3? Then good luck finding the mitama again plus all the materials and forking another 468.270 Haku for it, sucker. The most haku you can get from a mission playing single player or multiplayer, in my experience, is around 40.000 to 50.000-ish, and for that you need to beat annoying combo of bosses like say.... amaranthine + 2 hell warden + sableblade or say chtonian + annoying bullshit + annoying bastard + annoying fucker.

Now I wonder if it's just gonna be a huge waste of time trying to collect all the forged weapons, even if it's just for one weapon category (and by extension that one weapon category trophy as well)

Kaji

To be honest my plan was to get 200 Mitama and then finish off weapon trees for the trophy, negative on regrinding Mitama I already got once.

Seil

So!

I just found out that, for forged bows (I do imagine this will be the same with other weapons):

First of all: let's just say that in order to get Forged Bow no. 6, which cost 420.000 in itself plus a level 10 mitama, you need Forged Bow number 3, which cost 240.000 in itself plus a level 10 mitama as well. To get Forged Bow number 3, you need one specific weapons to be evolved three times, which cost 40.000 + 88880 + 99990 = 228.270.

So! Just to get a *single* forged bow, you need to fork out 888.270 haku in total. Oh no, what about if you want to keep Forged Bow number 3? Then good luck finding the mitama again plus all the materials and forking another 468.270 Haku for it, sucker.

Now I wonder if it's just gonna be a huge waste of time trying to collect all the forged weapons, even if it's just for one weapon category.

If I end up still being interested in trophies, one category will be necessary x.x But honestly, the worst part in my opinion is getting Mitama again(which would be necessary if someone wanted the Mitama trophy, I'm assuming. Of course it could be based on having ever obtained the Mitama in the first place.) I was trying to grab Sasaki Kojiro today and my god is Mitama hunting a terrible experience...

I do hate how even into the forged categories, elements etc are all over the place. It's really annoying how it's like "Oh yeah, here have multiple fire bows just because." Though at the same time, there's a huge drought of fire bows for a long time with Chthonian being the only option for a while, despite having horrendous fire attack =/

If there's one thing I'd like in a sequel, it's a better balance of that stuff. I feel like use of elements is definitely encouraged for some weapons and Mitama, but the option isn't always there to support it x.x

ramyeon

So!

So! Just to get a *single* forged bow, you need to fork out 888.270 haku in total. Oh no, what about if you want to keep Forged Bow number 3? Then good luck finding the mitama again plus all the materials and forking another 468.270 Haku for it, sucker. The most haku you can get from a mission playing single player or multiplayer, in my experience, is around 40.000 to 50.000-ish, and for that you need to beat annoying combo of bosses like say.... amaranthine + 2 hell warden + sableblade or say chtonian + annoying bullshit + annoying bastard + annoying fucker.

Now I wonder if it's just gonna be a huge waste of time trying to collect all the forged weapons, even if it's just for one weapon category (and by extension that one weapon category trophy as well)
Well that's ridiculous. Not gonna bother with all that probably. Maybe I would if the game community was more active online and it was easier to find rooms without having to plan them :/

Ogawa-san

If you're going for platinum, getting all weapons won't be the hardest part. In fact it'll be more like an afterthought since haku won't be a problem in the end.

I forgot about forging for a while and focused on getting mitamas and completing the slayer record first. I've hit 2m haku before forging the first 3 bows, and I'm only missing those 6 weapons. It comes really easily when you're just speed clearing missions to get more chances at mitamas instead of trying to break all parts for drops. I've been clearing Ex Astrapteryx + Frostwing (for a mitama the later refuses to drop) in just over 8min.

If anything, what sucks about forging is that the weapons aren't worth the hassle. They're hardly better than stuff you used to make them, in some cases you'll "sacrifice" a better weapon and will spend more haku remaking it than what you spent in that forging.

But honestly, the worst part in my opinion is getting Mitama again(which would be necessary if someone wanted the Mitama trophy, I'm assuming.
I'm assuming the game keeps track of it the same way it does for weapons and boosts, that count toward the 300 unique boosts trophy. Once you get it, you should be set even if you get rid of it.

Hmm i wanted to try platinium for this game but perhaps i should resign reading what needs to be done :)

Can someone tell me what's the diffrence beetween two types of prayers in shrine ?

collecting 200 mitama sounds like hell. can specific mitama drop everywhere or do you have to farm specific missions until you get something you're after?

Man, i was in the Age of Demon mission and my Vita ran out of juice. Can't charge now cause I'm commuting. I really should just get another charger for my office.

Ogawa-san

collecting 200 mitama sounds like hell. can specific mitama drop everywhere or do you have to farm specific missions until you get something you're after?
They're not exactly mission-specific, they come from a combination of enemy, age and difficulty. For example, Lady Yamato is a Yore mitama that comes from Ex Viper Queen, she shows up in at least four different stages that fit that combination so you can farm any of them.

But sometimes there's only one combination and it can be... unfortunate. The only place you can get Ano Yasuko is from an imp in Oni Onslaught.

Shengar

Is it just me, or the time attack missions makes the AI suddenly go dumb? I can't hardly deal damage to Nightblade down to half while I'm sure I beat Sableblade regularly under 11 minutes.
But sometimes there's only one combination and it can be... unfortunate. The only place you can get Ano Yasuko is from an imp in Oni Onslaught.

Oni Onslaught isn't that hard if you get accustomed to Frostwing attack pattern.
But it does time consuming (though you can just exit and restart when all the white imps didn't give you any mitama)

Tizoc

Do you have a clue if you can download it without a PS3? Because I know you can't download the demo without one.

1- MHFU is for US Plus members only IIRC.
2- When Plus games are announced for Vita, even if they are PSP games, they obviously can be downloaded directly on the Vita.

Scher

Hmm i wanted to try platinium for this game but perhaps i should resign reading what needs to be done :)

Can someone tell me what's the diffrence beetween two types of prayers in shrine ?

Green prayer shrines will heal you, while white prayer shrines will recharge your abilities.

Green prayer shrines will heal you, while white prayer shrines will recharge your abilities.

Thanks i was going to ask about it too but what about base ?

You have two options pray reverentialy or pray adequately (or somethign like this) when you make money offering in shrine.

The capability of the AI just seems completely random at times. The fiends are both good examples of this, where sometimes that AI has no issues getting out of those attacks, while other times they just stand there and let the limbs grow back. I used to take Fugaku all the time on SP player missions, but he just seemed to get worse overtime. I stopped taking him because I got really frustrated with him sometimes doing nothing but running into the boss and slowly pushing them away from me while I was trying to hit the boss.
And there I thought I was the only one. He's gotten pretty stupid over time.

Top Bottom