• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Seil

For what it's worth, I've only killed 2 shadow souls (outside the training) and they've only dropped Light sprites for me, but I somehow have 3 Golden Skulls.

I've fought Cerberus twice, myself.

Edit: But definitely don't take that to mean anything since I somehow have never gotten a Chthnonian Cloak in 100+ hours and Laughing Banana has 5.

I've only seen one shadow soul outside of training and it was a light sprite haha - so I've currently got zero golden skulls.

I've got 3 Chthonian Cloaks, though. I haven't really had a bad luck spell on drops yet. Flameice dragon for my last material's upgrade was my worst I guess and even it was only like 4-5 kills haha.

Also, I feel safe in saying I've completed singleplayer!

M6OKGKvl.jpg

Grats! I still have one Ch5, 5 Ch6 and most of Ch7 to go for SP and a ton in MP since I just rushed through unlocking phases x.x

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I've noticed the offset a couple of times, but I've never really thought to try and take advantage of it. I normally don't dodge unless I'm trying to get away from stuff, so normally I'm too far away from something to hit it after I've dodged. I normally prefer to just block if I'm going to stay up close.

Same, I've noticed it before, but I mainly use it to move closer to the enemy or to position myself better during an attack instead of strictly using it to dodge.

I'm not really sure of the best way to ask, but about how significant is the increase in i-frames? Would you say double or triple what you normally would have? I'm mostly curious so as to have kind of a frame of reference. Also, that really sucks the blocking still eats up one of your charges, but I guess that's understandable since blocking only reduces damage as opposed to completely negating it.

Also, I feel safe in saying I've completed singleplayer!

M6OKGKvl.jpg

Did that last mission on and off over the past hour while studying. It was a lot easier than I was expecting it to be. Although, since I asked about it before, the Defender of the Eye of Truth trophy does not unlock with all SP missions complete, so it looks like I still have plenty of MP to do.

Congrats bro. I did a couple of the "kill 5 trash mob" missions today, but mostly I entertained myself by helping randoms in lower phases.

Glad you're still in for more MP. I'm currently committing mass genocide of all Dreadhalfs in Age of War. Three down so far and no Kojiro Sasaki. And Yamato refuses to show up in the bath for me, the stingy jerk.

Regarding the i-frames:

I really don't know. I definitely FEEL like it's at least double. I'm still testing on more attacks, but, for example, before Evasion, even with Agility+Dual, I couldn't dash through Bloodhunter/Manhunter's drill spin. It would really quickly eat both charges and hit me (note, I don't regularly try to dodge into that attack, I was just testing out +Dual when I first got it).

With Evasion, I can purposely run toward the drill spin, and even with just Agility (not dual, so only eating one hit), if I dodge at the last moment, I exit out the other side of the attack.

I can definitely dash through any and all of the ground shockwave things that happen when oni get enraged.

I can also dash straight across Dreadhalf's giant beam in his second phase WITHOUT agility active.

I'll force myself to do the next few fights without agility at all so I can do more testing.

Seil

Just curious: Anybody else playing this way? Attaining every piece of armor and fortifying everything before moving onto the next armor?

ibpHiLxV06BDti.jpg

I was at the beginning but stopped x.x Until today, I hadn't changed my armor from Crimson from ages ago haha. Crimson from way back when I first encountered Skyshredder has lasted me through the end of Phase 8 =p

Just curious: Anybody else playing this way? Attaining every piece of armor and fortifying everything before moving onto the next armor?

ibpHiLxV06BDti.jpg

I was for like an hour, then I realized that getting materials for armor goes way too quickly in this game (up until the final phases) so I stopped. Then I started switching armors based on what element the boss would be using.

Now though (I'm at phase 9-3 and have finished chapter 7 offline), since the endgame armors have so much defense and elemental resistance, I've just been sticking with my Sable Blade armor.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I was for like an hour, then I realized that getting materials for armor goes way too quickly in this game (up until the final phases) so I stopped. Then I started switching armors based on what element the boss would be using.

Now though (I'm at phase 9-3 and have finished chapter 7 offline), since the endgame armors have so much defense and elemental resistance, I've just been sticking with my Sable Blade armor.

What do you mean by "getting materials for armor goes way too quickly in this game."

I've never had any problems in terms of survival when I have mismatched armors while trying to fortify it. I really only wear the appropriate armor for the situation when duty calls for these measures, such as those darn solo missions and stuff.

Edit: Also, by doing this, I don't get stuck wearing the same armor all the time. Each armor set looks great in my opinion, and its just more visually appealing when you can change armor from time to time or my case, after fortifying it completely.

What do you mean by "getting materials for armor goes way too quickly in this game."

I mean that I would find myself getting excited that I crafted a new set, only to find that I had the materials to craft a set that was better in every way only 3-4 missions later. In Monster Hunter, crafting a set was a long term investment, so Toukiden was a new experience for me.

I've never had any problems in terms of survival when I have mismatched armors while trying to fortify it. I really only wear the appropriate armor for the situation when duty calls for these measures, such as those darn solo missions and stuff.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean it was necessary to perfectly match it every time. I mean like, extreme circumstances, like for example, if I was going against Pyrogrinder and I noticed I was wearing a set with less than 100 fire resistance or something ridiculous like that, I would switch to a set that wasn't much different as far as raw defense, but switched around which elements had high and low resistances.

Now though, my Sableblade armor has:
Raw 862
Sky 464
Wind 464
Fire 682
Water 682
Earth 464

So I don't feel the need to switch at all. And some of the armors below Sableblade are even more ridiculous.

Also, by doing this, I don't get stuck wearing the same armor all the time. Each armor set looks great in my opinion, and its just more visually appealing when you can change armor from time to time or my case, after fortifying it completely.

Yeah, I agree all the armors generally look great. This, again, is just my Monster Hunter showing. I'm perfectly fine with looking the same a lot of the time so long as my stats are what I want them to be. I'm a very "function over form" type person.

I don't think I could use gauntlets if I cared too much about looks, because apart from the colors, most gauntlets look exactly alike besides maybe a short spike here or there. This is something I hope is better in the expansion/sequel.

Of course, I'll be happy with them not adding more gauntlet designs as long as they keep the gauntlets' mechanics as deep as they are. Seriously, strictly on the subject of complexity of weapon mechanics, I think the gauntlets beat the hell out of every Monster Hunter melee weapon besides maybe the Hunting Horn.

Scher

Yeah, I agree all the armors generally look great. This, again, is just my Monster Hunter showing. I'm perfectly fine with looking the same a lot of the time so long as my stats are what I want them to be. I'm a very "function over form" type person.

I don't think I could use gauntlets if I cared too much about looks, because apart from the colors, most gauntlets look exactly alike besides maybe a short spike here or there. This is something I hope is better in the expansion/sequel.

Of course, I'll be happy with them not adding more gauntlet designs as long as they keep the gauntlets' mechanics as deep as they are. Seriously, strictly on the subject of complexity of weapon mechanics, I think the gauntlets beat the hell out of every Monster Hunter melee weapon besides maybe the Hunting Horn.

I care way too much about how I look, and I still love gauntlets. I also think that the big, bulky gauntlets just look cool when I'm in a fight.

I kind of wish armor in this game had a bit more functionality in terms of bonuses and stuff like that. It would be cool if you were able to mix sets for bonuses similar to how certain mitama can be paired for different bonuses outside of having a style/age set. One of the things I liked in MH3U was mixing armor sets to find something that both looked nice and provided useful bonuses.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
I mean that I would find myself getting excited that I crafted a new set, only to find that I had the materials to craft a set that was better in every way only 3-4 missions later. In Monster Hunter, crafting a set was a long term investment, so Toukiden was a new experience for me.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean it was necessary to perfectly match it every time. I mean like, extreme circumstances, like for example, if I was going against Pyrogrinder and I noticed I was wearing a set with less than 100 fire resistance or something ridiculous like that, I would switch to a set that wasn't much different as far as raw defense, but switched around which elements had high and low resistances.

Now though, my Sableblade armor has:
Raw 862
Sky 464
Wind 464
Fire 682
Water 682
Earth 464

So I don't feel the need to switch at all. And some of the armors below Sableblade are even more ridiculous.

You're right. I haven't played MH in a very long time, but I remember sticking to the same set of armor for a while, really only collecting a set if I had a surplus of materials and money, but not even wearing it. I personally, hope they keep the whole fortifying and compatability aspect in future aspects. This has given me an incentive to try out each armor set and weapons too! As fortifying certain weapons increases socket sizes.

I also agree about the gauntlet designs. I still can't help but appreciate each design though, but this is most likely due to the fact it's on Vita, and the last MH game I put hundreds of hours into was MHF2 where things weren't so crisp. The main reason I thought the gauntlets were so cool was because the last game I was sinking my time into before Toukiden was God of War Ascension, where the multiplayer had gauntlet weapons. Each design was very cool too but in that game, each weapon had its very own special moves consistent with the design (which were based off the 4 gods) I'm very pleased with the gauntlets in this game and just want more more more weapons for sure. Do you think we might get a new weapon type? WHAT SHOULD IT BE

SUCH A GREAT WEAPON That was my weapon of choice no doubt in MHF2. It look so great beating the crap out of a monster while reciting a buff tune. Not to mention how unique each of the weapons looked. What did you think of the switch axe? I never bothered to learn the mechanics of that one, but it looked pretty darn cool.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Your kicking foot was the best fo shizzles.

I never bother to learn the bowgun or light/heavy gunner type stuff. Where you could mix and match parts? It seemed cool but I didn't bother to learn about each thing and spend my time trying to figure out the most optimal combination.

I really liked that gunlance. It was always satisfying using Wyvern's fire or whatever and being kicked back with that explosion.

Edit: I feel bad talking about MH while I'm with my Toukiden. So I will compliment something that's unique to Toukiden: The satisfaction when cutting off a part due to the slight movement of the camera that quickly focuses on the part broken, then back to the character.

I care way too much about how I look, and I still love gauntlets. I also think that the big, bulky gauntlets just look cool when I'm in a fight.

I kind of wish armor in this game had a bit more functionality in terms of bonuses and stuff like that. It would be cool if you were able to mix sets for bonuses similar to how certain mitama can be paired for different bonuses outside of having a style/age set. One of the things I liked in MH3U was mixing armor sets to find something that both looked nice and provided useful bonuses.

Hey, hey, don't get me wrong, I love how the gauntlets look as they are. Just saying I would've liked some variety besides colors.

Oh hey, after more testing, I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely need Evasion.

You know Dreadhalf's annoying move in first phase where he rears back and then slams forward and there's a fairly big AoE at his base? I hated how that attack ate my agility (or knocked me away if it caught me on cooldown). I can dash through it with nearly 100% consistency. Next time you and I fight a Dread/Harrowhalf together, I think you'll be surprised at how long I'm able to stay right next to it.

Also, his big barrier type move that causes poison, and then explodes? The initial hit's active frames are too long to dodge through, but while waiting outside, if you time it right, you can dash into the explosion and not take any damage and start attacking again faster.

I really don't know what you're looking for specifically though. Are there any specific oni/oni attacks you want me to try to dodge through? Let me know and I will.

I'm very pleased with the gauntlets in this game and just want more more more weapons for sure. Do you think we might get a new weapon type? WHAT SHOULD IT BE

I'd personally like another slow weapon. I feel like everything besides the gauntlets is extremely fast. Give me like, a giant axe or something.

SUCH A GREAT WEAPON That was my weapon of choice no doubt in MHF2. It look so great beating the crap out of a monster while reciting a buff tune. Not to mention how unique each of the weapons looked. What did you think of the switch axe? I never bothered to learn the mechanics of that one, but it looked pretty darn cool.

I wasn't a fan of the switch axe (sorry Himiko <3) because they had that infinite (as long as you had stamina, so infinite with Mega Juice) fast left and right swing in sword mode, and I play Monster Hunter because I like to be extremely deliberate with my attacks. The infinite swing thing in sword mode (if I remember right) also had the property of never bouncing off, so it really didn't have that visceral "sense of physically hitting" an enemy like most of the other weapons. I did, however, love the axe mode's dodges. I was an Evade+1 whore on every weapon and tried to get it on every armor set just so I could satisfy myself by rolling through stupid things, like Deviljho's dragon breath.

As far as MH goes, my weapon preference was as follows [this list is only valid for MHTri on the wii]:
Hammer=Lance (the counter got nerfed after MHTri but it made it even better in my opinion, and the hammer's KO values got severely lowered, though as a result, they made absolutely every attack from it cause KO if it hit the head (including the spin, though I'd still just do super pounds) >
Great Sword (with a crit on draw attack+focus[faster charge] set, dear god the damage of a properly timed and aimed charged down swing) >
Long Sword >>>> rest.

Unfortunately, there was no hunting horn in MHTri, but I did also play MHP3rdG on psp, which was Tri on steroids (added bosses and weapons [dual daggers, bows, hunting horn,gunlance]) albeit some lameness with the cursed charms and such.

The hunting horn revamp in MHP3rdG is so amazing. If you haven't seen it, you should look up videos. Instead of choosing whether to play or attack like in MHF2, different attacks played different notes and you could do a bunch of tricks with evading/attacking/playing songs all at the same time.

ramyeon

The infinite swing thing in sword mode (if I remember right) also had the property of never bouncing off, so it really didn't have that visceral "sense of physically hitting" an enemy like most of the other weapons.
That's odd, I loved the Switch Axe because it had that visceral sense of cutting into the enemy while being a bit more flexible than the Great Sword. I hardly ever used the infinite swing thing though, since I prefer being precise with hits as well.

That's odd, I loved the Switch Axe because it had that visceral sense of cutting into the enemy while being a bit more flexible than the Great Sword. I hardly ever used the infinite swing thing though, since I prefer being precise with hits as well.

I edited my post a bit to add stuff I did like.

I really did like axe mode, but actively choosing not to choose sword mode because I didn't like how it felt would, to me, be not fully mastering the weapon. In fact, there's a funny video of a group of us playing a stupid game using switch axes. I'll edit this post with the link when I find it.

Edit: Well, that's depressing. This WAS the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hC2buKS3wI but MoisesL has since taken it down for some reason. ;_; There go some of my memories. I should've downloaded it. I'mma contact him at some point and see if I can get it from him.

ramyeon

I edited my post a bit to add stuff I did like.

I really did like axe mode, but actively choosing not to choose sword mode because I didn't like how it felt would, to me, be not fully mastering the weapon. In fact, there's a funny video of a group of us playing a stupid game using switch axes. I'll edit this post with the link when I find it.
Sword mode is heaps of fun too imo, I love how you can draw the weapon and change into sword mode with one fluid motion, get in a few hits and then change into axe again. Dunno, it's just such a cool weapon. Kinda interested to see how that new weapon in MH4 plays since it's kinda similar.

Scher

Hey, hey, don't get me wrong, I love how the gauntlets look as they are. Just saying I would've liked some variety besides colors.

Oh hey, after more testing, I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely need Evasion.

You know Dreadhalf's annoying move in first phase where he rears back and then slams forward and there's a fairly big AoE at his base? I hated how that attack ate my agility (or knocked me away if it caught me on cooldown). I can dash through it with nearly 100% consistency. Next time you and I fight a Dread/Harrowhalf together, I think you'll be surprised at how long I'm able to stay right next to it.

Also, his big barrier type move that causes poison, and then explodes? The initial hit's active frames are too long to dodge through, but while waiting outside, if you time it right, you can dash into the explosion and not take any damage and start attacking again faster.

I really don't know what you're looking for specifically though. Are there any specific oni/oni attacks you want me to try to dodge through? Let me know and I will.

I mostly was just looking for a frame of reference to get an idea of how much the ability increased i-frames. I've seen that skill a couple of times on mitamas I've leveled, but I've never considered using it because I didn't expect it to be that large of an increase. Based off what information you've provided, I can definitely better understand how much of a boost it is compared to what I expected. However, I certainly didn't intend for you to go out of your way just to answer my question, so I apologize if I wasn't very clear with what I was trying to ask. Thank you very much for the information, though.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
One thing I noticed about gauntlets is it takes roughly 20 charged triangle attacks to fully charge the weapon gauge. It's pretty useful when you quickly want to charge your weapon gauge and destroy all parts without killing your opponent prematurely.

Seil

I'd personally like another slow weapon. I feel like everything besides the gauntlets is extremely fast. Give me like, a giant axe or something.

Honestly, I feel like the bow is the slowest weapon when everything's accounted for. Square and Cursed Arrow are charged attacks. I virtually never use Triangle on bosses - occasionally 2x when they're downed, I'm low on stamina and I want to beat them up some(like when they're near death). Circle is "fast" in that you can unload a barrage of them, they home in and they fly fast, but they eat large chunks of stamina.

Also have to set up with cursed arrows to deal proper damage. Plus they have the whole aiming thing haha.

That said, there's always something to do as Bow/SPT. Positioning, cursed arrows, actually attacking, unleashing Mitama skills when low on stamina and so on.

Plus it's ranged, so very different from a slow melee weapon, but still =p

I mostly was just looking for a frame of reference to get an idea of how much the ability increased i-frames. I've seen that skill a couple of times on mitamas I've leveled, but I've never considered using it because I didn't expect it to be that large of an increase. Based off what information you've provided, I can definitely better understand how much of a boost it is compared to what I expected. However, I certainly didn't intend for you to go out of your way just to answer my question, so I apologize if I wasn't very clear with what I was trying to ask. Thank you very much for the information, though.

No problem. I was going to do it any way to decide whether or not I really needed it in my build. The only extra work I did was to type the results out for you.

By the way, 6 Dreadhalfs in and still no Kojiro Sasaki, even though one of those times was with Yamato's bath skill that increases the chance of getting a Mitama. I'm about to give up for the night. I don't think I've ever had this much trouble getting a mitama that I've actually specifically picked out to hunt. They generally drop like candy for me.

Or maybe Tecmo Koei is evil and will only let me have it if I kill the Dreadhalf in The Age of Demons mission and then proceed to finish the rest of the mission. Ugh.

Honestly, I feel like the bow is the slowest weapon when everything's accounted for.

Yes, sorry about that, I agree with you. I meant out of the melee weapons. I'd like something slow that you HAVE to be right next to the enemy to use.

Quoting to get your attention.

According to a poster on gamefaqs, Raiden Tame'emon (line 124 of your google doc) can be found in 10-7, where a Jollux spawns along with Hell's Warden.

Just figured I'd let you know so you could add it.

Seil

Killed Cerberus a couple more times. First Golden Skull at kill #6. One more to go. Also still have two things missing on his drop list and need more spearheads so whatever.

Killed Cerberus a couple more times. First Golden Skull at kill #6. One more to go. Also still have two things missing on his drop list and need more spearheads so whatever.

If you want some company, I could join for one or two?

Quoting to get your attention.

You might be interesting in this info regarding Shadow Souls and Umbrapods I found on Gamefaqs:

From what I've read on the Japanese wikis & BBS, they have a chance to spawn -
- at the start of the mission. In single-room boss missions, there's a 5% chance of this happening
- at every minute [up to five minutes] have elapsed from the start of the mission
- large oni hp reaches half
- immediately after large oni is defeated

The general idea for hunting them down seems to be to start a single-room large oni mission, wait five minutes, then go kill the large oni.

Otherwise there are specific missions that have been recorded to be 'high-yield' missions for them, but that's already been linked.

I asked exactly what he meant by the bolded stuff and got this response:

Wait 5 minutes at base camp, then go in. Doing this on Phase 5-5 only took me about seven times to get both an Umbrapod, then Shadowsoul. Though your mileage may vary

EDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT; I GOT KOJIROOOOOOOOOOOO. Woo.

New build:

Expert Destroyer - Faster weapon gauge gain.
Agility (Stock+3) - This is the skill that lets me eat a hit taking no damage and no flinching every 15 seconds.
Agility+ (Dual) - This lets me eat two hits instead of one with Agility.
SPD Master (Reduce) - Everything that uses stamina uses even less stamina (speed style mitama lessen stamina consumption to begin with).
Vigor+ (Nimble) - Increases attack speed by an even larger amount while using Vigor.
Vigor+ (Wraith) - Increases the amount the weapon gauge increases while using Vigor.
Evasion - Increases invulnerability frames on evasive action.
Devastation - Increased damage on all crits.
Swordsmanship - All crits boost the weapon gauge.

Seil

If you want some company, I could join for one or two?

Sorry for the delay. If you're still up for it, sure that'd be great.

Edit:

New build:

Agility (Stock+3) - This is the skill that lets me eat a hit taking no damage and no flinching every 15 seconds.
SPD Master (Reduce) - Everything that uses stamina uses even less stamina (speed style mitama lessen stamina consumption to begin with).
Vigor+ (Nimble) - Increases attack speed by an even larger amount while using Vigor.
Vigor+ (Wraith) - Increases the amount the weapon gauge increases while using Vigor.

Grats! And nice. I'm likely to end up going back to gauntlets eventually, so it's nice to see build ideas.

RalchAC

That combination looks totally awesome. What Mitamas are you using? 3 SPD, 2 SPD + 1 STR?

That combination looks totally awesome. What Mitamas are you using? 3 SPD, 2 SPD + 1 STR?

3 Speed: Minamoto no Yoshitsune, Taira no Kiyomori, and it WAS Toyotomi Hideyoshi but I just switched him out for Kojiro Sasaki.

Edit:

That was fun, Sera. Hope you got some skulls. And I got a couple new Mitama to show for it, too. My new build is working as I wanted it to. So happy.

Seil

That was fun, Sera. Hope you got some skulls. And I got a couple new Mitama to show for it, too. My new build is working as I wanted it to. So happy.

I got a skull finally on that last kill haha. Thanks! You finished right before I let loose my last barrage >.<

Also prefer Seil =p Sera's just a character name plus I'm a guy haha.

Edit: Also managed to get the two items I was missing on his list! And I'm up to 9 speartips so I can make the spear and have a spare haha.

I got a skull finally on that last kill haha. Thanks! You finished right before I let loose my last barrage >.<

Also prefer Seil =p Sera's just a character name plus I'm a guy haha.

Gotcha. Just a habit. Like, Ramyeon on this board is a guy (o_O I'm pretty sure) and his character is Himiko, and I call him Himiko.

Any way, grats on on the skull. How many more do you need?

Seil

Gotcha. Just a habit. Like, Ramyeon on this board is a guy (o_O I'm pretty sure) and his character is Himiko, and I call him Himiko.

Any way, grats on on the skull. How many more do you need?

I do that sometimes as well haha. But even though it's my character's name, I'm likely to overlook it ._. I use Seil when using a male character usually and just pick a name if I decide to play female haha, so they rarely click.

And that was the last I needed for the Heaven Helm, so no more for now. Still need 4 Perpetual Vacuums for the upgrade, but not too focused on that right now lol.

I do that sometimes as well haha. But even though it's my character's name, I'm likely to overlook it ._. I use Seil when using a male character usually and just pick a name if I decide to play female haha, so they rarely click.

And that was the last I needed for the Heaven Helm, so no more for now. Still need 4 Perpetual Vacuums for the upgrade, but not too focused on that right now lol.

Nice.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Did that last mission on and off over the past hour while studying. It was a lot easier than I was expecting it to be. Although, since I asked about it before, the Defender of the Eye of Truth trophy does not unlock with all SP missions complete, so it looks like I still have plenty of MP to do.

://////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Top bar is armor. Bottom bar is health. You have to whack through the armor first before you can touch the health. When the demon turns purple, that means its armor is down and you're hurting his health. Attacking those already broken parts directly hurts the health.

What is the purple bar above the health bar that bosses have?

It's an oni's shield.

You know how if you break off a limb, the screen/boss goes purple and you can damage the boss's red (real) HP? When you purify the limb you broke off, even after it stops being purple, if you keep attacking the limb that you already purified, you're damaging the red HP bar.

However, if you keep hitting places that aren't breakable, or just aren't purified yet, you'll be damaging the purple bar. Once that bar his zero, the oni will go into the purple mode and you can damage its real HP bar even if you didn't break a limb off.

Examples of this would be if you keep attacking Jollux's ass even though it's not a weakpoint, or if you keep attacking Harrowhalf's/Dreadhalf's base thing after already breaking it once.

Breaking limbs is definitely a faster way of getting to the boss's real HP bar, though.

Darkone

It's an oni's shield.

You know how if you break off a limb, the screen/boss goes purple and you can damage the boss's red (real) HP? When you purify the limb you broke off, even after it stops being purple, if you keep attacking the limb that you already purified, you're damaging the red HP bar.

However, if you keep hitting places that aren't breakable, or just aren't purified yet, you'll be damaging the purple bar. Once that bar his zero, the oni will go into the purple mode and you can damage its real HP bar even if you didn't break a limb off.

Examples of this would be if you keep attacking Jollux's ass even though it's not a weakpoint, or if you keep attacking Harrowhalf's/Dreadhalf's base thing after already breaking it once.

Breaking limbs is definitely a faster way of getting to the boss's real HP bar, though.

Thanks for the info :).
When is best doing some MP missions?
I am in the middle of chapter 3.

ramyeon

If we are speaking about colors why are guided arrow marks sometimes yellow and sometimes red ?
I've never used the bow, but what I gather from googling is that if you're further away the target will be yellow and that means it is going to deal less damage (The arrows will also be white instead of red), when the target is red that means you're close enough to deal optimal damage.

Thanks for the info :).
When is best doing some MP missions?
I am in the middle of chapter 3.

Whenever you want, because one of the bad things about this game is that the multiplayer missions are completely separate from the offline story mode, meaning you're going to have to start at weak things.

Seil

If we are speaking about colors why are guided arrow marks sometimes yellow and sometimes red ?

I've never used the bow, but what I gather from googling is that if you're further away the target will be yellow and that means it is going to deal less damage (The arrows will also be white instead of red), when the target is red that means you're close enough to deal optimal damage.

Yup. I believe Square also suffers from damage reduction if too far away. The other two attacks have a limited arch in the first place(and cursed arrows seem to cap at around the same point as the red homing arrow marks).

There was a decent bit of bow related stuff a couple pages back, too.

Shengar

I'm very pleased with the gauntlets in this game and just want more more more weapons for sure. Do you think we might get a new weapon type? WHAT SHOULD IT BE
We talking about Omega Force here, they wouldn't run out what kind of new weapon we would get next. Personally I want another ranged weapon that play differently than bow. possibly musket or something.
Now that makes sense :O

Oh, speaking of experience, I wanted to ask if any other gauntlet users were taking advantage of Gauntlets' ability to dodge offset (to borrow a term from Bayonetta).
The talk on how Platinum Game take their own try on hunting action genre makes me shiver in excitement. I wonder what kind of crazy gameplay they can bring to the table.
But it'll sold like shit in the end

maouvin

What's the best use of a destroyer when all parts are broken? Use on the legs to make them fall (but it doesn't work with them all), or on the body to wipe their shield bar? Also, does the destroyer do any damage or it only breaks parts/wipe the shield?

Bow user, if that matters.

Shengar

What's the best use of a destroyer when all parts are broken? Use on the legs to make them fall (but it doesn't work with them all), or on the body to wipe their shield bar? Also, does the destroyer do any damage or it only breaks parts/wipe the shield?

Bow user, if that matters.

Only one oni that requires to handle Destroyer carefully when you break "all" of their part
Blade/FrostWing - when all of their wing break apart have health less than 40%
Other than that, you could spread your focus arrow on the onis body part, then shoot Destroyer afterward since its trigger the cursed effect instantly as long as you hit the cursed part.

As a bow user, these Solo missions are scaring me....

I'm switching from gauntlets to bow depending on enemy :)

Also honestly i don't know what's the point of chain&sickle - dmg in fast mode is pathetic, strong attack is worse than gauntlets anyway, special atack doesn't seem to do much.

Ogawa-san

According to a poster on gamefaqs, Raiden Tame'emon (line 124 of your google doc) can be found in 10-7, where a Jollux spawns along with Hell's Warden.

Just figured I'd let you know so you could add it.
Thanks, I've updated it.

In my copy of that spreadsheet I use a script to look through a list of chapters/phases to find the combination of boss/age/difficulty and fill that column. Read-only shared docs and scripts don't get along too well so I have to manually update the shared one.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You should try other weapon man. While I mainly identify myself as bow user, sometimes I use dual knives or spears to keep the game fresh and preparing myself for solo missions.

I would, if not for the fact that just managing and optimizing one weapon already sapped my funds so badly ughhh.

Top Bottom