• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2011 Official Thread (July 2-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

Leonsito said:
Andy needs time on Evans, Contador is out of the fight for the tour, he's going for the stage.

If andy does not make a move soon, he will die tomorrow.. Cadel will eat him for breakfast.. Contador needs to take 4,44 on schleck.. Not possible.. Sad actually, i love contadors fighting spirit.

Leonsito

Hanmik said:
If andy does not make a move soon, he will die tomorrow.. Cadel will eat him for breakfast.. Contador needs to take 4,44 on schleck.. Not possible.. Sad actually, i love contadors fighting spirit.

Yeah, Contador wont get the necessary time on Andy today.

And besides that, I think Andy will surprise in the TT tomorrow.

Hanmik

Leonsito said:
Yeah, Contador wont get the necessary time on Andy today.

And besides that, I think Andy will surprise in the TT tomorrow.

No andy will die tomorrow.. He looks out of power.. Not like voeckler, but still he is out of power.. Contador will take back around 2 minutes today on the schlecks..

seanoff

contador doesn't look as smooth as previous years.

he looks like he's labouring a bit. usually he goes up mountains like the rest of us go down, but here, a bit uncomfortable.

Omikron

Hoping Evans pushes on in teh final 2-3kms and takes some time back out of Contador, otherwise he could be dangerous, just depends how many biscuits he has spent today.

Leonsito

seanoff said:
contador doesn't look as smooth as previous years.

he looks like he's labouring a bit. usually he goes up mountains like the rest of us go down, but here, a bit uncomfortable.

Well, he looks a bit rusty, but he has won the Giro and has the right knee destroyed.

Zakath

Neo Member
Sad end for Voeckler. Too bad he gave all he had in the Télégraphe and the Galibier like that, he could have stayed with the Schleck group.
The Schlecks and Evans must be dead on their feet if they aren't able to follow Velits and Sanchez.

seanoff

Zakath said:
Sad end for Voeckler. Too bad he gave all he had in the Télégraphe and the Galibier like that, he could have stayed with the Schleck group.
The Schlecks and Evans must be dead on their feet if they aren't able to follow Velits and Sanchez.

don't need to totally destroy themselves just yet.

contador was a long way down. needs at least another minute gap.

Wes said:
The running spectators have got to be one of the most annoying things in the world.

I think they make this stage so special! I'm sure they are really annoying for the riders, but this stage is the most epic stage in all of cycling. Just look at how many people are on the mountain! What an incredible atmosphere!

If Evans wins it, he deserved it.
If Contador wins it, he deserved it.
If ASchleck wins it, he deserved it.
If FSchleck wins it, he deserved it.
If Voekler wins it, he deserved it.

All have been mighty.

Rolland will be picked up by a big team next year.

seanoff

Leonsito said:
Fuck Rolland

good riding. contador has never shown any mercy. he probably would be OK with it.

you win a alpe D'huez, you've probably earned it. esp after Telgraphe and Galibier

Shito

Trunchisholm said:
Yep. Quite a douche. He's had Samu doing all the work.
The two of them shook hands and hugged at the end of the race - what Rolland did is all part of the sport.

Pachael

Rolland picked his time well.

The Cadel-Andy tiff was fantastic though. Now it's down to those two (and Frank, maybe). Andy could surprise in the TT - third time coming from behind the charm for Cadel? After two gruelling fightbacks, it's hard to say.

Pachael said:
The Cadel-Andy tiff was fantastic though. Now it's down to those two (and Frank, maybe). Andy could surprise in the TT - third time coming from behind the charm for Cadel? After two gruelling fightbacks, it's hard to say.

I would count Frank out. It's up to Cadel and Andy now.

Rolland could have done more work coming up the climb, but he made a good move at the right time otherwise.

Amazing day in the Tour. Alpe d'Huez lives up to the hype, as always.

Why are you guys having a go at Pierre Rolland? This is professional cycling, not "let's be friends." He timed his attack to perfection and won one of the most iconic stages in cycling for his home nation (France's first victory in the tour this year no less) in the Tour de France. Magnifique!

And besides, Sanchez has been confirmed as the winner of the King of the Mountains, not a bad prize to claim surely!

Hanmik

Now that it is a fight between The shrek brothers, and candel light evans, I surely hope that cadel will kill both the brothers.. I hope he will take some minutes on them, just to show them that The Tour de France is not for weak asses.. Today he said fuck off andy, tomorrow he will say, thank you Andy, you made my Triumph easy.

Leonsito

In normal conditions Evans should get maybe between 1:30 and 2 minutes off Andy and Frank, but as I said before, I think Andy will surprise us in the TT.

Leonsito

lol @ this French interviewer telling Samuel Sanchez that Rolland being stronger than Alberto Contador is incredible

hahahahahahahahaha

Hanmik

Tour de France 2011 has been great... Crashes, action, suspense, great single rides, surprises and much more.. But french television sucked this year. I wanted Contador to win, but now all I want is for anybody else then the Schlecks to win this years tour... Please make me happy tomorrow..

froliq

Damn, I love Contador's style. It was all or nothing for him today and I enjoyed it alot.

Evans probably got this with tomorrows time trial. Both he and Andy Schleck have been 2nd a couple of times in the tour though, who knows what will happen. Whoever wins deserved it. All of them have brought up a good fight.

Kabouter

Leonsito said:
In normal conditions Evans should get maybe between 1:30 and 2 minutes off Andy and Frank, but as I said before, I think Andy will surprise us in the TT.
Yellow jersey can give a man wings. That said, I think Evans is the favourite to win it all, thanks in part to the Schlecks' incredible efforts to help Evans today on the final climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom