• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2017 |OT|

Hanmik

how do you judge this?

Gju154E.jpg

Fonds

I wonder if they even look at all the data provided by DD, seems like they just spitball everything.

Interesting indeed to see how they'll handle the bodycheck. My guess is another inconsistent applying of rules.

At least we got the sprinting over with for now.
Time for some climbing!

Is Dimension Data questioning the results?

Apparently not. I guess Rolf Aldag realized that he can't go to the well too often, especially after he got Sagan kicked out of the race.

They gave it to Kittel because he clearly was pushing the 11 and that's the #SprintersCog
That made me legitimately laugh.

I'm hoping for a strong breakaway tomorrow with someone who's not in the hunt for the GC winning the stage. I don't expect Froome to be challenged tomorrow since Sky will ride tempo the entire stage. A breakaway will at least give the stage some entertainment.

Joni

Is Dimension Data questioning the results?

Apparently not. I guess Rolf Aldag realized that he can't go to the well too often, especially after he got Sagan kicked out of the race.

They know why they don't. It is their technology that gave hugely incorrect results in the time trial. Can't claim Tissot is giving incorrect results then.

Addnan

Apparently if it was a dead heat they would have to do a 1v1 1000m sprint, was just reading some comments, not sure if true, would have been fun to see.

Should be interesting today.

I hope it is an interesting day of racing, and not just everyone waiting till tomorrow to attack with the rest day coming.

Ruruja

I'm so happy that the 2 best looking stages on paper are actually on days i'm not at work for once, should be a fun weekend.

The only problem is that today is not a mountain top finish. There is something like 17km of lumpy flattish road from the finish of the final climb to the line. No one is going to try and solo that other that someone not in the GC race. Probably see a quality selection coming in together.

Tomorrow might be interesting with someone like Froome tying to smash the decent.

The only problem is that today is not a mountain top finish. There is something like 17km of lumpy flattish road from the finish of the final climb to the line. No one is going to try and solo that other that someone not in the GC race. Probably see a quality selection coming in together.

Tomorrow might be interesting with someone like Froome tying to smash the decent.

I feel Aru might try it. It is how he won the national jersey.

Would be nice if Martins went with him. I could see the pair of them trying it.

Can't remember if I have ever see a breakaway this big.

I guess it is good for making Sky spend more energy than they want to.

I'm surprised Sky let this group go after spending so much energy chasing smaller break attempts.

Some really solid riders up front now. Talansky and Gesink seems like decent threats for the stage.

I feel Aru might try it. It is how he won the national jersey.

Would be nice if Martins went with him. I could see the pair of them trying it.

You'd think they'd have to completely break the likes of Porte and Froome on the climb. If they went over with 30s or so they would get run down.

Massive break now with 3 BMC, Porte might be about to launch something?

Addnan

I'm surprised Sky let this group go after spending so much energy chasing smaller break attempts.

Some really solid riders up front now. Talansky and Gesink seems like decent threats for the stage.
Not sure if Sky wasted much energy at the start. Quick Step did quite a bit until the sprint point.

Did BMC send anyone?

Two Astana guys up the road, three sky guys, and at least one Movistar,

Astana and Moviestar really love to try and use the bridge tactics.

edit: two for BMC

Addnan

I would think Movistar gave up on that after they failed every time they attempted it in the Giro this year.

Gandie

Apparently he was feeling unwell.

Arnaud Démare a encore perdu du temps (12' de retard sur le groupe de tête). «Les jambes d'Arnaud ne répondent pas, c'est une journée compliquée, a déclaré Thierry Bricaud, directeur sportif de la FDJ. Ce n'est pas à l'ordre du jour d'abandonner.»

"legs not responding"

Still, if he doesn't lose more than 40 minutes he should be fine.

Top Bottom