• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Power of the Primes toyline revealed at SDCC

Maligna

Banned
http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/07/20/san-diego-comic-con-2017-collector-preview-breakfast-344837

Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy

Titan Master
Skullgrin

Legends
Beachcomber (Titanmaster can drive vehicle mode)

Deluxe
Dreadwing (Combiner Wars Skydive retool)
Darkwind (Combiner Wars Air Raid retool)
Jazz
Dreadwing and Darkwind combine into a larger superjet.

Voyager
Starscream

Leader
Rodimus Prime (Removalable Matrix, Deluxe Hot Rod inside)
Overlord

Power Of The Primes:

Prime Masters are the new Titan Masters. Represents the Original 13 Primes as their Avatars (not to be confused with The Last Airbender… or Korra).

Prime Masters are small extremely powerful being who acts as the Avatars of the 13 Primes. Actually 12. The 13th Avatar being the Matrix Of Leadership itself.

The Avatars hide inside “Decoy Suits” which are essentially Pretenders.

Each Prime Master is a Logo for the 12 Primes.

You can replace the middle part of the Matrix Of Leadership and attach the Avatars to the frame.

The Avatars can be fitted to the Deluxe and Voyager classes as well. But the highlight is the replacement of Matrix Of Leadership which comes with each Leader Class figures (each with a unique Matrix).

Hot Rod car is a Deluxe. Can combine with the trailer to become Leader Class Rodimus Prime.

Yay! Been waiting forever for a new Rodimus Prime toy with the flaming Winnebago.

file.php

Bonus points that he's 2 toys in 1 because he's also Hot Rod.
RodimusPrime.jpg

I just got back into collecting Transformers, I NEED that Rodimus. He'll look good with Powermaster Optimus.

And Starscream, too. Already know how I'm gonna pose him and Galvatron...

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
That is one ugly ass Starscream. The leader from a couple years ago was a better depiction, even if it was out of scale.

LQX

Starscream looks terrible in robot mode but this is the closest any recently and original release of Transformers figures have close to the 80's and 90's figures. I may actually buy a few.

Grimsen

I haven't been collecting transformers for almost a decade now, but that Rodimus is hot. He'll go nicely with my lone Blurr on my shelf.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Starscream looks terrible in robot mode but this is the closest any recently and original release of Transformers figures have close to the 80's and 90's figures. I may actually buy a few.

Oh they've been on fire the last couple of years, no doubt. That Starscream will be one of the first Hasbro TFs I skip in a long time.

YES! My boy Rodimus is back! I don't usually buy Transformers toys aside from that amazing gigantic Unicron years and years back but this one's mine!

Scavenger

Starscream isn't all that bad once properly transformed, but his arms and feet are a little bit too bulky

I'm probably gonna wait for the Takara Tomy Starscream because I really hate Hasbro's switch from paint apps to cheap stickers.

Savitar

I liked how they had Megatron interrupting the show to announce things, the twitter account too.

If the toys don't have any damn empty shell parts like so many of the recent TF toys do I'll be happy, Japan at least appears to do away with that.

NEO0MJ

That is one ugly ass Starscream. The leader from a couple years ago was a better depiction, even if it was out of scale.

But wasn't that leader a retool of Jetfire?

If the toys don't have any damn empty shell parts like so many of the recent TF toys do I'll be happy, Japan at least appears to do away with that.

It's mostly the high end toys that don't have those hollow parts, though. And yeah it's super annoying.

Jeffrey

Any official stuff worth getting these days? I end up getting custom stuff like weijiang when I go visit China lol.

Maligna

Banned
Any official stuff worth getting these days? I end up getting custom stuff like weijiang when I go visit China lol.

I really like a lot of the Takara Legends versions of the latest toys. Way more cartoon actuate than Hasbro.

For example see the difference between the two right most examples.

file.php

Savitar

Takara always feels like that extra quilty, be it paint jobs or fewer hollow points, where as Hasbro feels half assed much of the time which is the issue I've had with them for some time now.

Maligna

Banned
Takara always feels like that extra quilty, be it paint jobs or fewer hollow points, where as Hasbro feels half assed much of the time which is the issue I've had with them for some time now.

Yup. All it took was for Hasbro to decide not to spend the money for extra paint apps on that Blurr and that made it so that they didn't get my money. Takara got it instead.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

Yeah, that's not really true. I import the Takara versions fairly often, and while they do have better paint apps much of the time, I find Takara versions are much more likely to be floppy loose messes or have weird tolerance problems. Neither is ideal, really, and I rarely find Takara versions to have been worth the exorbitant import fees. I do wish Hasbro had given the TR Targetmasters their partners the way Takara did, though.

Pretty huge leak of the first three waves of POTP. I guess it's still technically a rumor but it looks pretty real.

Source (with images): https://www.seibertron.com/transfor...inobots-optimus-primal-elita1-and-more/39041/

Prime Masters:-
Wave 1: Micronus & Autobot Cloudburst, Liege Maximo & Skullgrin, Vector Prime & Metalhawk
Wave 2: Alchemist Prime & Sub-Marauder, Alpha Trion & Landmine
Wave 3: Quintus Prime & Bludgeon, Megatronus & Bomb-Burst, Solus Prime & Octopunch

Legends:-
Wave 1: Beachcomber, Windcharger, Dinobot Slash, Skrapnel (Thrilling 30 Re-issue)
Wave 2: Battleslash, Battletrap, unclear third figure
Wave 3: Cindersaur, Outback (Titans Return Brawn redeco)

Deluxes:-
Wave 1: Jazz, Dreadwind, Dinobot Slug, Dinobot Swoop
Wave 2: Dinobot Snarl, Dinobot Sludge, Blackwing, Rippersnapper, Moonracer
Wave 3: Cutthroat, Blot, Sinnertwin, Jazz (Wave 1 re-issue)
Wave 4: Novastar (Firestar), Blackwing (Wave 2 re-issue), Rippersnapper (Wave 2 re-issue), Dinobot Slug (Wave 1 re-issue)

Voyagers:-
Wave 1: Grimlock, Starscream
Wave 2: Hun-Gurr, Elita-1
Wave 3: Inferno (CW Hot Spot redeco), Grimlock (Wave 1 Re-issue/redeco)

Leaders:-
Wave 1: Rodimus Prime, Optimus Prime
Wave 2: Rodimus Unicronus (Wave 1 Redeco), Optimus Prime (Wave 1 Re-issue)
Wave 3: Optimus Primal, Rodimus Prime (Wave 1 Re-issue)

Titan-Class:-
Predaking -- 5 Voyager Predacons

Scavenger

Hascon 2017:

Hascon 2017: Pre-Panel Display Case Images – Power Of The Primes Prototypes And More

Hascon 2017: Generations Power Of The Primes Display Case Pics

Transformers: Generations – Power Of The Primes Official Images From Hasbro

Hascon 2017: Transformers Brand Team Panel – More Than Meets The Eye (panel images in the link)
Kids Toylines
  • Each panelist stated their favorite Transformers toy.

Transformers Movie Line for kids

• Discussing movies toys. Showcasing Allspark Tech.
  • Behind the scenes of Movie line.
  • Discussing the Transformers: The Last Knight toys now.
  • Hasbro worked with Takara Tomy on the TLK toys for the Armor Up Turbo Changers line.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise

• Discussing Robots In Disguise toys now. We'll update if there's anything new that will pop up.
  • Explaining Combiner Force. Inspiration came from designers love for combiners and the Generations revival of the feature was the key.
  • Lots of thought process went into RID Combiner Force. a looooong explanation.

Generations

• Prime Wars Trilogy info now.
  • Micronus goes into Cloudburst decoy armor.
  • New art of Optimus Primal being shown
  • Lots of artwork show. We'll upload them all.
  • Dinobot Slash, Female, Legends Scale
  • Deluxe Slug – G1 Accurate.
  • Voyage Grimlock
  • All the Dinobots look great. [Awesome!]
  • History of the Dinobots.
  • Dinobot Combiner name – Volcanicus
  • Will have rocker ankles, New technology incorporated
  • New combiner technology with better joints.
  • Leader Optimus Prime now.
  • Orion Pax into G1 prime. Very much like Hot Rod to Rodimus (as seen during SDCC)
  • Prime's trailer is part of bot mode now, not just cab.
Hascon 2017 Exclusives
  • Talking about Hascon 2017 Exclusives now.
  • Arcee first.
  • Predaking teaser shown. NYTF exclusive figure.

Panel Over!!!

Q&A Time
  • There will be Dinobot variants / Repaints down the line.

Leader Class Optimus Prime is jack of all trades, master of none. Truck mode looks hideous, bot mode looks like poor man's MP10. I'll stick with my Super Ginrai. Dinobots look great.

Leader Class Optimus Prime is jack of all trades, master of none. Truck mode looks hideous, bot mode looks like poor man's MP10. I'll stick with my Super Ginrai. Dinobots look great.

Really? I actually think it looks really good for a non-MP. An Orion Pax that upgrades into Optimus Prime, along with the trailer being part of the transformation is pretty cool imo. Certainly better than that unfortunate Rodimus. =P

Scavenger

Really? I actually think it looks really good for a non-MP. An Orion Pax that upgrades into Optimus Prime, along with the trailer being part of the transformation is pretty cool imo. Certainly better than that unfortunate Rodimus. =P
I agree the concept is cool, but the execution leaves much to be desired. The cab looks like a fucking mess with gaps. Bot mode ain't bad, but it takes so many cues from MP10 that you're better off with a MP10.

Super Ginrai has a nicer vehicle and robot mode (except for the feet), but it doesn't have the transforming cab (unless it's replaced with the PC-16 cab)

Ponn

Banned
Those dinobots are excellent. I was wondering when they were going to get to Predaking, it felt like a trump card they have been sitting on with all these combiners coming out.

I agree the concept is cool, but the execution leaves much to be desired. The cab looks like a fucking mess with gaps. Bot mode ain't bad, but it takes so many cues from MP10 that you're better off with a MP10.

Super Ginrai has a nicer vehicle and robot mode (except for the feet), but it doesn't have the transforming cab (unless it's replaced with the PC-16 cab)

Yeah the alt mode isn't too hot and if I was looking for a definitive Prime I'd def skip this as I already have MP-10. But in this case it's more that I dig the upgrade gimmick, the bot mode looks good and being the Hasbro ver it wont break the bank (Relative to Takara anyway). I keep my MP line separate from the general lines as well and I think this Prime would look fairly nice next to Ginrai.

Plus Orion Pax looks sweet:
N5IMlfD.jpg

(credit to Seibertron)

Is there a new TV show coming out? Usually they do the toys around shows.

There recent releases have only had their online mini series thingies, but otherwise they been doing lot of mix of G1 inspired and IDW styled designs for past few years. The "storylines" they do kinda don't exist, they are just flavor theme for the releases, but not really much of a narrative to go with them.

Top Bottom