• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

Teknoman

X-Frame said:
Who's signing on at 9 PM EST for Double XP weekend?

Count me in (360 version).

Sucks going back into campaign with AI after having so much for with real people :lol Same problem I had with Gears and Re5.

Foxix Von

X-Frame said:
Who's signing on at 9 PM EST for Double XP weekend?

Since I have a horrible psychological fear of squares I'll be there.

And after the patch I've had, if anything, better stability. Less lag all around on my end.

Finally beat the game. Simply awesome (especially the Autobot campaign).

Gotta say my favorite parts were
fighting Soundwave and his cassettes as well as the entire Tryptycon battle
It was like 1984 again, that was some awesome stuff.

Gotta be some of the best voice acting in a game, they didn't nail all the voices (impossible) but pretty much every character had personality, even the more outrageous ones like Warpath were done very well (KABLAM !)

Hopefully the game does well enough for a sequel ! :D

X-Frame

I think Power Struggle (KOTH) is the most fun mode. You get a lot of points and you're chances of getting POKE 2.0 as a Leader and getting 10 kills with it each time is so high.

I wish more people played it.

Woo! Finally got past Wave 15 last night. I actually joined the game at about Wave 7 and still got the trophy BTW. But we had a good team and actually managed to get to Wave 18 (before I stupidly died near the beginning). But it's such a relief to get that done.

BTW what's the best multiplayer mode for getting most XP? I've only tried Team DM and Conquest so far but Conquests always seems to net you a nice few thousand XP.

ANd yes it's a shame more people haven't bought/are playing this game. It's probably my suprise game of the year. But then that's the problem I guess, no-one knows about it or if it's any good.

Sill4 said:
I know I'm super late, but my friends and I found the best use for shields is to throw one up right next to the chaingun toting Titan, then procede to melee the shit out of him. If you have Optimus buff you, you can take these guys out super fast. It's way more effective and much quicker than shooting them. Especially on the wave where about 4-5 come at you!
Ah, I meant shields as in overshields not being useful until the titan wave, which turned out to be the case.

We took your advice and used buff alot and opened the 700 point door first thing. I grabbed a scrapmaker with my spare dough and never looked back. That thing opened up a can so sizable I could probably fit a small moon inside.

We ended up getting to wave 17 before we got nuked this time, and your suggestions worked very well, so thank you.

Teknoman

Got a really laggy host in 360 MP and near the end, the game froze.

The MP modes are really fun, but if you get stuck with a bad host...horrible time for all. Sometimes its just best to host the game yourself.

Foxix Von

Teknoman said:
Got a really laggy host in 360 MP and near the end, the game froze.

The MP modes are really fun, but if you get stuck with a bad host...horrible time for all. Sometimes its just best to host the game yourself.

I'll be honest I had fun. But I really don't think we make a good team :lol

That and the lag was awful in both games. Just bad luck I suppose. Didn't realize you froze out, I just though you quit really early hah.

The single player is just average imo but the multiplayer is pretty fucking dope. One of the biggest surprises of the year for me.

The online code is pretty crappy also and no host migration sucks but the actual gameplay is fun as hell when it works.

X-Frame

Anyone else think High Moon Studios guaranteed themselves a sequel?

And hopefully next time they'll go further with the game such as more players, customization, variety, and better performance and stability for the servers and matchmaking, host migration, etc.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
X-Frame said:
Anyone else think High Moon Studios guaranteed themselves a sequel?

And hopefully next time they'll go further with the game such as more players, customization, variety, and better performance and stability for the servers and matchmaking, host migration, etc.
I honestly wish they'd do that now. Getting a good, stable game shouldn't be a 120$ investment.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BudokaiMR2 said:
I really wish I could get some of the extra characters on PC. DLC codes are becoming the bane of my existence :(
If the game gets a mod community then those extra characters will probably be added in for free.

Owzers

gotee12 said:
Anyone else on the PS3 having a TON of trouble successfully starting a multiplayer game today?

I rented the game tonight , played some single player, then failed miserably to get into an online game.

X-Frame

Lyphen said:
I honestly wish they'd do that now. Getting a good, stable game shouldn't be a 120$ investment.

True true, I assume that we're due for some patches and updates soon because I don't think they should be content with what we have. There's a lot of glitches now, especially when you're in a party with friends. I freeze about 3-4 times a night.

Are the dlc characters now available in the regular MP modes because I've seen some pop in some games like a dude playing Shockwave and such in Conquest. Thought this stuff was locked to Escalation.

Also seem to be lot of folks boosting on this double weekend. Got into two conquest games where an entire team was up against one opponent on the other team and everyone just let the player take objectives and then the whole team just rushed to the objective to score back and this would go on with no combat till game end.

X-Frame

BattleMonkey said:
Are the dlc characters now available in the regular MP modes because I've seen some pop in some games like a dude playing Shockwave and such in Conquest. Thought this stuff was locked to Escalation.

Also seem to be lot of folks boosting on this double weekend. Got into two conquest games where an entire team was up against one opponent on the other team and everyone just let the player take objectives and then the whole team just rushed to the objective to score back and this would go on with no combat till game end.

The DLC characters have always been available in MP .. at least their models. I have Shockwave as a chassis option for my Scientist.

And that's sad yet expected - pathetic boosters will always exist, especially in Double XP times. I'd love to fire an Omega Missile into them. :D

squicken

Kudos to High Moon. The game is really good. The biggest flaw is that the initial levels for both campaigns are way too drawn out. The Autobot campaign is downright amazing after the first level.

I watched the cartoon as a kid, owned the toys and all that, but never really cared much for anything else including the movies. Some of the plot stuff had me rolling my eyes at the beginning, but by the end, I could help but really be in to it. The credits are godly. What a ride.

HAHAHA!

I was having a complete nightmare doing the last boss of Autobots. Took me about 40 mins to crack him... only to realise afterwards I'd been playing it on hard. I was like "If this is normal, what the hell's it like on hardest". OH MY GOD! :lol

Anyways the Autobot campaign was great, I thought and overall the single player was really good. I just think with maybe more time and production values the game could have been really, really good. It's not a graphical powerhouse by any means but it still looks nice, yet it could have looked great.

Now as for the multiplayer it's great when it works. Sadly this seems to be the case very few times right now. There's a lot of lag in certain games and other games there's too many connections being lost and right now you can't even connect online at all. It's an annoying experience unfortunately.

Escalation is a neat inclusion to the game. I think it's really addictive. Though the Decepticon map sucks IMO. But I maybe think you should get a clear bonus for doing each Wave or perhaps some XP in this mode where you maybe get a % off the value of goods. Having got all the way to Wave 18 the credits were disappearing fast so I just think stuff like that could help you progress a lot firther maybe.

Overall I'd rate the game a very good 7/10. Could have been better in places and the mulitplayer problems right now are horrendous.

Just finished it also, wasn't really liking it at first but the thing grew on me, what I didn't like was that the level design sometimes was a bit confusing, besides that I enjoyed the game and give it a solid 7.5.

TheFreshPrince

Does anyone have any tips for multiplayer? I can never seem to get a good spread and always end up just barely positive. It seems like opponents are killing me when we are both firing for the same amount of time. Are later unlocks just that much stronger? Also do you need to be constantly moving to be successful?

X-Frame

TheFreshPrince said:
Does anyone have any tips for multiplayer? I can never seem to get a good spread and always end up just barely positive. It seems like opponents are killing me when we are both firing for the same amount of time. Are later unlocks just that much stronger? Also do you need to be constantly moving to be successful?

What classes are you playing as? What modes are you playing in?

As far as later unlocks - I am levels 13-15 for all classes now and find myself still using the earlier ability unlocks. Weapons you unlock early and same with abilities.

And I personally am always moving and like any shooter am always looking to flank people as well as constantly predicting people's movements. 1v1 battles take getting used to and depending upon the class requires different strategies. For example, with the Leader I do very well littering the battlefield with thermo mines and the grenades from my Magma Launcher, then detonating when enemies come through - as well as double-jumping and blasting my Fusion Cannon into their heads from the sky.

For the Scout, I am all about stealth and backstabbing, as well as Marking them and using the Energon Pistol to get some good hits in before they even know where I am.

Soldier is about staying back and just spamming the X12 Scrapmaker, and Scientists are the hardest classes to do well in as you need to constantly be healing, draining, and transforming back and forth to stay nimble and avoid getting 1-hit killed because they're so weak.

Foxix Von

X-Frame said:
The DLC characters have always been available in MP .. at least their models. I have Shockwave as a chassis option for my Scientist.

And that's sad yet expected - pathetic boosters will always exist, especially in Double XP times. I'd love to fire an Omega Missile into them. :D

Weird, I know for a fact I wasn't able to use Jazz pre-update.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's criminal that this game isn't getting more PC support. So amazingly fun, the odd time it actually connects to a decent host.

Beat the campaign('s) today,a nd have actually been playing online this evening (something that I never do with randoms, so kudos high Moon).

My only gripe... I have lost count of the amount of times I've accidentally transformed.

My average match goes like this:

Spawn
Run towards the usernames
Shoot
Straffe
Shoot
Oh noes, Why am I TRANSFOOOORM!?!!
I are smashed in pieces :'(
Spawn
Run towa....

You get the idea.

Teknoman

Monkeylord said:
Beat the campaign('s) today,a nd have actually been playing online this evening (something that I never do with randoms, so kudos high Moon).

My only gripe... I have lost count of the amount of times I've accidentally transformed.

Spawn
Shoot
Straffe
Shoot
Spawn
Run towa....

You get the idea.

Options menu -> Scheme 2 -> Win.

Foxix said:
Weird, I know for a fact I wasn't able to use Jazz pre-update.

Can you use Jazz now since the update in other MP modes. The DLC was originally announced for Escalation pretty much but have seen other players with the DLC models every once in a while in regular DLC modes that I didn't see preupdate.

Perhaps because the models are going to be going paid dlc soon they are letting them in the other modes to be more attractive.

Online is laggy as feck (when it works)

They seriosuly need to sort it out as it totally drained the fun out of co op campaign last night for me and my gf :(

Monkeylord said:
I fucken luff you, man!

That's cool but just wait until someone in the game has the ability to change i for you! :lol

Had a really good Sunday of multiplayer leveling up. The double XP was awesome and it's gonna be depressing going back to normal now. In fact this is the first game that I've been actively playing when double XP has come around.

So anyways, I'm Lvl 25 with the Soldier class and I'd say I was quite a good player with this one. Usually coming top or close to top and normally getting more kills than most. I'm pretty shit at the other classes mind.

X-Frame

Monkeylord said:

Spawn
Shoot
Straffe
Shoot
Spawn
Run towa....

You get the idea.

Also keep in mind that the Leader has the ability to actually force enemies to transform with their Disruption ability - but I assume you know the difference. :D It'll scroll "JAMMED" on your screen if he used the ability on you.

I really wish there were some more stats at the end of a game like who you've killed most/who's killed you etc. as it's a little lacking on details.

Also, I'd say the respawn time is very quick, certainly the quickest I've ever come across in a game I've played. It's almost instant respawn.

Hopefully we'll get a double XP weekend again!:D

Top Bottom