• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

7threst

divisionbyzorro said:
So for some reason I'm drawn to the Scientist class, but I'm totally shit with it. Any pointers?

Make use of the sentry-skill. Especially in doorways to open arenas where enemies await sentrys make the difference when playing as scientist. I am not sure but I think it is also possible to detect cloaked characters with a sentry. And most of all, do not run straight into the enemy, you won't survive. The scientist is more of a support class. It took me two nights to get used to the scientist class. :D

So it turns out that Conquest is waaay better than TDM for leveling up. After being repeatedly frustrated by the learning curve in TDM, I started playing Conquest and started going positive, getting killstreaks, leveling up quickly, etc. Definitely my favorite game mode.

It's really a shame there aren't more people playing this game. I guess it's just impossible for any shooter not named Halo or Call of Duty to penetrate the market, huh?

Foxix Von

Sorry if I got anyone's Teletraan GAF request late. Sorta been shirking my duty sorry!

I'll try to pay better attention from now on. I'm really hoping for another double experience weekend so I can max out scientist :lol

Cth

divisionbyzorro said:
So for some reason I'm drawn to the Scientist class, but I'm totally shit with it. Any pointers?
For an aggressive scientist:
- shotgun
- shockwave

Swoop down, launch shockwave, clean up survivors with shotgun.

Works best on platform b on magma to clear off the platform.

Best for one on one scenarios. Just keep moving - if you don't kill the enemy, fly off (or loop around).

Alternately, drop a grenade before leaving or snipe from a high distance. Again constant movement is the key when in key mode.

divisionbyzorro said:
So it turns out that Conquest is waaay better than TDM for leveling up. After being repeatedly frustrated by the learning curve in TDM, I started playing Conquest and started going positive, getting killstreaks, leveling up quickly, etc. Definitely my favorite game mode.

It's really a shame there aren't more people playing this game. I guess it's just impossible for any shooter not named Halo or Call of Duty to penetrate the market, huh?

I'm always playing Conquest as you do get a lot of XP, whether you win or lose. Of course though games last a bit longer than in TDM.

It's just a shame they put the game on the shelf and not really supported it. I usually see about 2-4k people on the PS3 now.

BTW how's everyone doing with their classes in multi?

Scout - lvl 10
Scientist - lvl 10
Leader - lvl 12
Soldier - lvl 25

I hope there's another double XP soon, it's taking forever to get leveled up now! :D

Liberty4all

Banned
7threst said:
Make use of the sentry-skill. Especially in doorways to open arenas where enemies await sentrys make the difference when playing as scientist. I am not sure but I think it is also possible to detect cloaked characters with a sentry. And most of all, do not run straight into the enemy, you won't survive. The scientist is more of a support class. It took me two nights to get used to the scientist class. :D

Actually scientists are actually very GOOD at direct attacks given the right build.

In Conquest I regularly fly into a group of enemies, drop a heal nade, pop a sentry and hit drain while opening fire.

Foxix Von

divisionbyzorro said:
Is it just me, or are you kinda screwed early on in the levels when you don't have the good perks available?

Sorta, but in most cases it's not that big of an issue. In most cases you get most of the worthwhile perks within 3-5 levels which go by really fast. Scientists seem to take forever to grow into something usable :lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I need friends for PS3

I try my hardest with randoms in Escalation. no team work ; ;

A dude had 1000+ xp that he could help the team, but tried to be a rambo, died, and all that precious xp was gone, then he rage quit WTF!, got to wave 13 too =/

Right now my classes are:

Scout lvl - 20
Scientist lvl - 15
Leader - 10
Soldier - 10

I love scout with cloak + dash + perks that give me more damage coming out of cloak/keep cloak going longer

Dumb question: In multiplayer, can you choose your character and/or Autobot-Decepticon affiliation? I keep getting Soundwave!

Liberty4all

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
I need friends for PS3

A dude had 1000+ xp that he could help the team, but tried to be a rambo, died, and all that precious xp was gone, then he rage quit WTF!, got to wave 13 too =/

Scout lvl - 20
Scientist lvl - 15
Leader - 10
Soldier - 10

I love scout with cloak + dash + perks that give me more damage coming out of cloak/keep cloak going longer

Add me Grave. I'm on PS3, PSN is bamelin

U2NUMB

Picked up the game yesterday.. only got one game in but it was a blast. So many games recently with very solid online modes and getting very little love. This game, Blur, Singularity... no way there are enough communities to support all these very well done games.

Foxix Von

dlobro1080 said:
Dumb question: In multiplayer, can you choose your character and/or Autobot-Decepticon affiliation? I keep getting Soundwave!

No, it automatically assigns you to a team. However you can change what chassis you have for each class, but the only leader chassis for the Decepticons is Soundwave and the only soldier is Warpath for the Autobots.

They are supposedly working on DLC with more characters and maps. Which is probably when I'll stop playing online depending on how it's implemented.

Also don't forget! If you're on the 360 add Teletraan GAF.

alexel

Foxix said:
No, it automatically assigns you to a team. However you can change what chassis you have for each class, but the only leader chassis for the Decepticons is Soundwave and the only soldier is Warpath for the Autobots.

They are supposedly working on DLC with more characters and maps. Which is probably when I'll stop playing online depending on how it's implemented.

I keep hearing talking about people adding "teletraan gaf". What does this do exactly, and do I just add the gamertag "teletraan gaf" to my friends list? A bit confused at the moment.

alexel said:
I keep hearing talking about people adding "teletraan gaf". What does this do exactly, and do I just add the gamertag "teletraan gaf" to my friends list? A bit confused at the moment.

Yeah, it's pretty common around here. It's an XBL silver account with a bunch of GAF people who like to play Transformers on it. If you're looking for a party, check its friends list and see if anyone's online.

Foxix said:

Man, that really stinks. Why would they not let you choose your character?

Unfortunately, I'm on PS3. TorgoTheWhite666.

7threst

Katana_Strikes said:
I'm always playing Conquest as you do get a lot of XP, whether you win or lose. Of course though games last a bit longer than in TDM.

It's just a shame they put the game on the shelf and not really supported it. I usually see about 2-4k people on the PS3 now.

BTW how's everyone doing with their classes in multi?

Scout - lvl 10
Scientist - lvl 10
Leader - lvl 12
Soldier - lvl 25

I hope there's another double XP soon, it's taking forever to get leveled up now! :D

You are pretty levelled in each class! :D
More than I am, I only got to level 4 at the moment with the Scientist class. But online multiplayer is kinda new for me :D

Do you have a preference for a certain class (probably Soldier :lol ), or are you just switching around trying out different tactics for different classes?

Foxix Von

dlobro1080 said:
Man, that really stinks. Why would they not let you choose your character?

Unfortunately, I'm on PS3. TorgoTheWhite666.

They do, you can customize the colors, loadout and there are quite a few different chassis to choose from. It's just those two classes I mentioned that only have one character model.

But otherwise, probably due to time constraints or Activision trying to push future DLC

Foxix said:
They do, you can customize the colors, loadout and there are quite a few different chassis to choose from. It's just those two classes I mentioned that only have one character model.

But otherwise, probably due to time constraints or Activision trying to push future DLC

Ahhh. So, for example, how would I choose Optimus?

dankir

Soldier - Level 16
Leader - Level 11
Scout - Level 5
Scientist - Level 5

I have no idea how to play the scientist properly, I hate the long distance run and gun tactics. Leader and Solider FTW.

But yeah please have every weekend be Double XP, levelling up takes forever :(

Also Gears 2 is double XP every weekend??

Hmmmmm interesting.

Foxix Von

dlobro1080 said:
Ahhh. So, for example, how would I choose Optimus?

If you want to use his chassis you go into the leader character customization screen. It's one of the options near the bottom, there are two options side by side. One says Autobot the other says Decepticon and pick the former, scroll through until you see Optimus. Change his colors accordingly, ???, profit.

Foxix said:
If you want to use his chassis you go into the leader character customization screen. It's one of the options near the bottom, there are two options side by side. One says Autobot the other says Decepticon and pick the former, scroll through until you see Optimus. Change his colors accordingly, ???, profit.

Thanks man.

Glad to see they made this so easy to understand. "Character select" screens are SO much more confusing.

MrMephistoX

GraveRobberX said:
I need friends for PS3

Scout lvl - 20
Scientist lvl - 15
Leader - 10
Soldier - 10

MrMephistoX add me

7threst said:
You are pretty levelled in each class! :D
More than I am, I only got to level 4 at the moment with the Scientist class. But online multiplayer is kinda new for me :D

Do you have a preference for a certain class (probably Soldier :lol ), or are you just switching around trying out different tactics for different classes?

Definitely Soldier until I maxxed him out. Not keen on Scout and Scientist so much and I'm starting to get into the Leader role, though quite a few times I can get a very nice kill/death ratio, other times I'm struggling to get many kills at all with this class.

The disparity in learning curves between the classes is ridiculous. After sucking it up with the Scientist and scraping my way to level 6, I made it from 0 to 6 as a Soldier in two Conquest matches. :lol Now the Scout is the only class I don't have at level 6 yet, which is my first arbitrary milestone. After that, we'll try revisiting the Scientist again and see if I've gotten any better with that guy...

No double XP this week then :(

That's a shame, it's gonna take a lot longer to get to 100. I'm about 65 now, but I've almost only got classes I'm not very good at getting many kills with, so it's gonna hamper my goal.

Foxix Von

Well then It looks like I'll have to just keep plucking away at the scientist class for 4 more levels.

I suck so bad with them ;_;

Foxix said:
Well then It looks like I'll have to just keep plucking away at the scientist class for 4 more levels.

I suck so bad with them ;_;

I'm absolutely horrible with the Scientist class. At least, I'm horrible at getting kills, which means it takes forever to level up.

This is actually a fundamental problem that I have with the game - it's that you don't get any experience for healing your teammates. I think you get a measly +15 XP for healing a friendly who is "near death," but other than that you get basically nothing. When me and my buddies play TDM, we take turns playing as a medic because nobody wants to do it more than once in a row, even though it's the most important role on the team.

If I train my healing beam on my buddy while he takes down the enemy, I should be rewarded for that. As it is now, you get bupkus, which is total BS.

Yeah they really should give you a bit more XP for healing to encourage it more.

As far as the classes I'm decent with the soldier.
Decent with the scout.
Really sub-par with the scientist.
Decent with the leader.

Overall I'm a little sup-par in the MP but I still enjoy myself.

I pretty much kick ass with the soldier. The X12 is ridiculously strong, and whirlwind is basically god mode. And the Omega Missile is the greatest thing in the game. :lol And I would like the leader more if I didn't keep running out of ammo. I need to put the time into that class to get to level 9 for the "extra mags" perk.

Foxix Von

divisionbyzorro said:
I pretty much kick ass with the soldier. The X12 is ridiculously strong, and whirlwind is basically god mode. And the Omega Missile is the greatest thing in the game. :lol And I would like the leader more if I didn't keep running out of ammo. I need to put the time into that class to get to level 9 for the "extra mags" perk.

I actually have gotten quite a few kills as a scientist against soldiers using whirlwind. If they're far away enough that you can see them coming, you can use drain, transform and just hover over them until they die :lol

Foxix said:
I actually have gotten quite a few kills as a scientist against soldiers using whirlwind. If they're far away enough that you can see them coming, you can use drain, transform and just hover over them until they die :lol

Ohh clever idea. I'll have to remember that tactic. Anything to get more kills as a scientist!

Vormund

Yeah I have to agree about playing as Scientist. I like playing it but leveling up is a bitch.

I've basically been flying around to heal teammates, taking pot shots at players on the ground, get in an occasional dog fight, and swooping down to melee someone in a group and then flying away like a coward.:lol

btw I noticed just under 4k players on last night, is that a good number for a Live game?

Vormund said:
Yeah I have to agree about playing as Scientist. I like playing it but leveling up is a bitch.

I've basically been flying around to heal teammates, taking pot shots at players on the ground, get in an occasional dog fight, and swooping down to melee someone in a group and then flying away like a coward.:lol

btw I noticed just under 4k players on last night, is that a good number for a Live game?

I don't think it's that great, to be perfectly honest. Obviously it's unfair to expect Modern Warfare types of numbers, but MW2 regularly sees hundreds of thousands of people online.

Doesn't really matter though; all you need is 10 for a game :lol

CryptiK

Katana_Strikes said:
Took an hour and a half to lvl up my Leader from 20 - 21. It's gonna be a long haul.

Bout 3k+ tops playing the PS3 version now it seems.
I see what you did there...

and I don't like it.
Yeah its disappointing that the PS3 community is small :(

:lol HAHA that was totally unintentional.

Game seems to be a bit more stable now though, I tend to get the odd laggy match but most connection issues seem to have gone for me.

Though one thing that did annoy me was the fact I played a couple of games and the cost quit out just as we were about to win... though I'd just leveled up on one match so at least my XP saved. The game really needs a host transfer. Such a shame when you having a good series of games with folk and bang! it's over if the host leaves.

Vormund

If they have a double xp weekend again I hope it's restricted to modes other than dm and conquest.

Am a bit disappointed this game hasn't received the push from Activision that it could have. It could have been one of their "exploited" games. :lol

Hey, I exclusively play Conquest. Though some other modes could use of boost of people.

I'm going to leave my Leader until there's some double XP and concentrate on Scout and Scientist to level them up more. At lvl 10+ in doesn't take too long for the next few levels.

As I'm now playing as a scientist, I'm really getting into the role. I ditched the turret in place of health siphon. This I'm find much more useful. Heck last game it was us 4 on their 5 and our team won, me coming in 1st place and having most kills. :D

Being in a Transformers mood lately, I watched the animated movie this afters.

Top Bottom