• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

Foxix Von

KernelPanic said:
I beat the Decepticon campaign and they nailed it. Although most of it consists of Megatron telling others to STFU and putting Starscream in his place.

Gets a bit boring after a while but very authentic.

Just started the autobot campaign and it's on another level.

Even Prime saying "Autobots ! Transform and roll out !" and litererally having every Autobot in the viscinity transform and drive off is awesome :D

Started doing some MP and it's fun. I don't get the ammo stations on Escalation though, are they on cooldown ? I tend to be stuck between waves on low health and ammo a lot and I can't get more as none of them work. Feel free to add me if you're on PS3, all I see is 360 gamers here for the most part.

It'd be great fun playing with you but unfortunately I'm on the 360 version, actually I'm the guy running the Teletraan GAF gamer tag :lol

I've never had any kind of issues buying ammo or anything else really. As long as I've had the points to spend and make sure I'm holding down the button I've always gotten my prize capsule.

Leader MP transformation "truck" is useless. Ramming people requires too much momentum time to achieve any significant damage and when you hit people they tend to still live and your a sitting duck as they just turn and shoot you as it has no quick turn. It's also just generally tough to nail anyone with a ram since it's a straight on attack and you can't really turn much while doing it. It's just best to shoot the person if they are in proper ramming position.

Finished the Decepticon campaign last night and really enjoyed it. I think it picks up nicely from Chapter3 onwards. 1st 2 chapters are really just getting you in. Also finding the boost button for the vehicles was a relief :lol I thought a jet could never be that slow.

Played a bit of the multi but had a fair few gost disconnects/connection lost. Anyone else having this problem? Also had real bad lag in 2 games. But for the most I enjoyed it. Escalation was cool, but very hard. Wave 8s the best our teams have got to.

Foxix Von

BattleMonkey said:
Leader MP transformation "truck" is useless. Ramming people requires too much momentum time to achieve any significant damage and when you hit people they tend to still live and your a sitting duck as they just turn and shoot you as it has no quick turn. It's also just generally tough to nail anyone with a ram since it's a straight on attack and you can't really turn much while doing it. It's just best to shoot the person if they are in proper ramming position.

Ram really requires timing. I've gotten a surprising amount of kills using it, and on more than one occasion transforming mid-shoot out and slamming into them as a finishing blow :lol You don't really need momentum, just mash LT and RB at the same time and WHAM! The perk that boosts its damage is pretty helpful, but unless it's a scout or a scientist it's not going to take them out in a single blow. Usually best to immediately transform after hitting them and whip around and start shooting at your weakened target, it's not like your locked into ramming until the ability wears off.

And even if you missed you still saved time getting to your target destination! :D

JohngPR

Foxix said:
I think I actually like the Decepticon banter more :lol Megatron just seems to have a bottomless bag of "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" However on the whole I think the Autobots definitely had the more entertaining & interesting scenarios.

I did love that too. :)

Although Megatron is a cocky mofo that likes to put everyone in their place, Starscream is just a straight up dick to everyone. :lol

EzLink

Banned
Started it yesterday, halfway through the Decipticon campaign. Co op is so fucking awesome!

This game is great for any fan of the franchise. They nail the atmosphere and relationships perfectly

Sure, the enemy and gameplay variety is lacking, but the foundation is so solid that I don't mind having to mindlessly tear apart autobot after autobot for hours on end. It doesn't get old

Okay, I've had 6 disconnects/host has quit out of 8 games today. You don't keep your xp and it's VERY frustrating. Hardly had it happen before, has anyone else encountered this today?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
On the Xbox they posted a message about a patch coming soon that will change it so you keep your exp when a host leaves.

Deacan said:
On the Xbox they posted a message about a patch coming soon that will change it so you keep your exp when a host leaves.

After I typed my angry message I looked up at the game screen and saw that:lol Hope it's this week, guess I'll stick with the other modes in the mean time.

Zapages

Just beat the game... I died a good 6 or 7 times before I was able to get
Trypticon down for good. That was an interesting battle. Although there were only about one or two good cover areas. The rest was a bit run for your life type of situation.
:lol :lol :lol

There should be a sequel for this game and it has to release on the PC as well in some form or another. :) Hopefully no more exclusive characters for specific vendors.

It was like playing and watching G1 cartoon with a stylized finish to it (War Within/Gears of War). :)

at minimum a 8/10 for sure...

I think this was the best Transformers game, I've played ever.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
BlueScrote said:
I love the banter between the seekers.

"You're ugly!"

"You look just like i do!"
Skids: Are you scared?
Mudflap: Scared? Scared of your ugly face!
Skids: I'm ugly? Well, we're twins, you stupid genius!

2bjfkqf

EekTheKat

Got up to wave 23 in escalation and got smashed :lol I joined in the middle of a game with a bunch of guys who got up to like..18 and we fought all the way up to 23.

FInally had a good blast playing team deathmatch last night after lots of connection problems. I actually couldn't connect to any game for a while last night. Just kept searching and searching.

I hope they fix these problems because it's really letting the side down.

Liberty4all

Banned
I've changed my opinion of the leader. Used him abit more last night and was getting some pretty good k/d ratio's. His Energon Shield is godly in the Conquest game type.

EekTheKat

Well, just had to leave a coop game because my entire team wouldn't stop whining and whining and whining.

Whine and complain, and sit in the corner cowering (which, IMHO is a seriously wrong way to approach Escalation - it's extremely easy to be overwhelmed later on if you don't unlock doors and get more powerful weapons. ). Just couldn't take carrying these guys to round 15 so wound up leaving at 13.

Normally I'd probably just mute them - but I found Ratchet to be really boring to play as and
Escalation apparently keeps on going with no real end
. And you can pretty much go on forever once you learn the quirks of escalation works.

Autobot escalation is pretty much easy mode (mostly due to pathing issues with the AI). Decepticon one felt more interesting to play.

rallyart

Neo Member
Anyone playing PC version, ¿does anyone have a freezing issue for few second, and then return to normal?
I play for 5 minutes, then the screen freezes for 3 to 5 second, finally returns to action.
This shit is happening to me too with Split/Second, that suspiciously also is capped to 30 fps.
I am running lastest nvidia drivers, my pc exceeds all the requirement, and there is no temperature or heat problem.

EekTheKat said:
Well, just had to leave a coop game because my entire team wouldn't stop whining and whining and whining.

Whine and complain, and sit in the corner cowering (which, IMHO is a seriously wrong way to approach Escalation - it's extremely easy to be overwhelmed later on if you don't unlock doors and get more powerful weapons. ). Just couldn't take carrying these guys to round 15 so wound up leaving at 13.

Normally I'd probably just mute them - but I found Ratchet to be really boring to play as and
Escalation apparently keeps on going with no real end
. And you can pretty much go on forever once you learn the quirks of escalation works.

Autobot escalation is pretty much easy mode (mostly due to pathing issues with the AI). Decepticon one felt more interesting to play.

Got any pointers for it? I keep getting to Wave 14 with a group of my friends, but I end up doing most of the legwork while they sit around accomplishing a grand total of nothing and we get overwhelmed in the end. Is there a good place to hang out and/or set our selves up?

Or heck, info on these pathfinding and other quirks you speak of would be handy. Anything to help our pathetic attempts at clearing this wave would be super duper, if you don't mind.

Sill4

ColonelSkills said:
Got any pointers for it? I keep getting to Wave 14 with a group of my friends, but I end up doing most of the legwork while they sit around accomplishing a grand total of nothing and we get overwhelmed in the end. Is there a good place to hang out and/or set our selves up?

Or heck, info on these pathfinding and other quirks you speak of would be handy. Anything to help our pathetic attempts at clearing this wave would be super duper, if you don't mind.

Pool your money to open the 700 door, pool your money to buy the health beam, designate a medic, open the 400 door, open the door at the far end of that room. The rest is cake. Also, someone use Optimus for buffing and I suggest having some shield barriers to hold of titans.

Encountered a crazy glitch today in Escalation. Was playing with a buddy on the Autobot map when someone entered the room as, and I'm not kidding: Starscream. My reticule went red and he began attacking me! Another Decepticon jet entered and killed my buddy and me as were loling. One of them began to fly super high up into the sky, until they were just a dot. They'd stay there for a while then divebomb back down a couple times before they got owned. Weird. I think the gamertag for one of them was Young Rosa or something.

Anyways what a crazy good game. We got to wave 16 in Escalation and had a blast doing it. I've been through the campaigns twice and got most of the achievements.

Sill4 said:
Pool your money to open the 700 door, pool your money to buy the health beam, designate a medic, open the 400 door, open the door at the far end of that room. The rest is cake. Also, someone use Optimus for buffing and I suggest having some shield barriers to hold of titans.
Sounds good, I'll give it a shot. We tended to leave the 700 dollar door alone and focus on overshield abuse, but access to the scrapmaker would probably be helpful as well as the heal beam.

The shields are probably not all that useful until wave 8 anyway, and by then we should have loaded up with the other stuff by that point.

Thanks bro, much appreciated.

Zapages

rallyart said:
Anyone playing PC version, ¿does anyone have a freezing issue for few second, and then return to normal?
I play for 5 minutes, then the screen freezes for 3 to 5 second, finally returns to action.
This shit is happening to me too with Split/Second, that suspiciously also is capped to 30 fps.
I am running lastest nvidia drivers, my pc exceeds all the requirement, and there is no temperature or heat problem.

Please post your DirectX dialog... That is kind of weird.

rallyart

Neo Member
Zapages said:
Please post your DirectX dialog... That is kind of weird.

Thanks for your answer, but where i can find that file????

Im running win7 x 64 ultimate, i7 920@ 3.8 ghz, 6 gb corsair, xfx gtx275, 1 TB WD Black.

Damn, managed to get to Wave 13 on Escalation last night, best I've done. But sadly we got a bit overwhelmed and bit the dust. Mind I saw a Wave 18 when I joined someones game and well, lets just say I won't be getting that far...

JohngPR

51Qz64043ML._AA300_.jpg
\

Gameplay: Really enjoyed it. Although I initially compared this game to Gears, it honestly plays like Halo if it was third person mixed in with Unreal Tournament if everyone could turn into cars. Not the most original, but oh so fun.

Warning: This game will kick your ass if you let it. It's a challenging game and if you are expecting to blast through the single player running and gunning you will be disappointed. Bumping it to easy will probably remedy that though. I enjoyed the challenge personally, since most of these type of games are a walk in the park. The game does have good checkpoint system so if you do have to restart, you won't be sent back too far.

Graphics: It's not the prettiest game out there but it does have its moments. Framerate was pretty good throughout and the transformations looked cool as hell. The levels have a certain sameness to them, but that's more because of Cybertron itself than the designers lack of effort.

Sound: Peter Cullen is Optimus, that's pretty much all you have to know.

Story: Pure 80's Transformers awesomeness. This is actually a prequel to the 80's animated series. It tells the story of what happened in Cybertron, and takes place before Optimus was leader of the Transformers.

Multiplayer: I think the multi player is great. Those that are COD veterans might think this is not hardcore enough, but it's perfect for someone like me. It takes elements from all mutliplayer games like COD, Team Fortress 2, etc. and adds a cool Transformers twist. I plan to play this for a while.

Overall, I love this game. It never got boring for me, and as a Transformers fan, it delivered. Not only that, but it has what is quite possibly one of the most epic, most awesome end credits songs ever.

:D

Foxix Von

If anyone hasn't signed in in a while, not only did the update fix the whole host quit and lose xp issue, for some reason or another they're having a double XP weekend starting on Friday at 6pm PST

WOO!

Palmer_v1

rallyart said:
Thanks for your answer, but where i can find that file????

Im running win7 x 64 ultimate, i7 920@ 3.8 ghz, 6 gb corsair, xfx gtx275, 1 TB WD Black.

At the run command on your PC, type "dxdiag" without the quotes. It'll bring up the info he's looking for, i think.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Katana_Strikes said:
Damn, managed to get to Wave 13 on Escalation last night, best I've done. But sadly we got a bit overwhelmed and bit the dust. Mind I saw a Wave 18 when I joined someones game and well, lets just say I won't be getting that far...

I find the Autobot Escalation map is the best, and using a character who can stealth is great as you can buy ammo/heath and res team mates while using stealth.
But yea once you hit Wave 16+ it gets crazy

Oh and it seems double xp weekend this week

Sadist

Hey guys, I'm a total n00b regarding PC performance, but can you guys help me with this? I want to play War for Cybertron on PC and these are the specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
RAM: 3.9 GB
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Video Card: GeForce GT 220

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sadist said:
Hey guys, I'm a total n00b regarding PC performance, but can you guys help me with this? I want to play War for Cybertron on PC and these are the specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
RAM: 3.9 GB
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Video Card: GeForce GT 220

You'll be fine.

DonMigs85

Man this game is tough on Hard. Wish they had unlimited ammo for beam-type weaponry too. Overall it's not bad though.

Any official word on how well this game is performing compared to expectations? I imagine we'll have to wait for NPD, but I'm just glad that anecdotally we have reason to hope for an Earth-based sequel.

Just finished the Decepticon campaign and started on the Autobot one. Without a doubt, the best Transformers-related anything ever.

rallyart

Neo Member
Zapages said:
I looked through the file... Everything seems fine. Are you running some other program in the background or any anti-virus/spyware/ when you are playing the game?

Reinitiate Windows without any program in the background, no internet, no antivirus, and it worked perfectly (Transformer and Split/Second), now I'm in the process of testing to find which was the program that was interfering.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Pd: I'll post the name of the program, when I find it.

Maximus.

beat the decepticon part and now playing the autobot part. SOOO GOOD. The fan service is amazing. I like the autobot campaign more though :lol

edit: I still hate that there is no local coop even for escalation :(

DonMigs85 said:
Man this game is tough on Hard. Wish they had unlimited ammo for beam-type weaponry too. Overall it's not bad though.

FYI, if your after the hard trophy/achievement, all you need to do is beat all the levels on normal, then load up the last checkpoint on each level and beat them on hard and it will unlock the trophy/achieve, saw this posted on a website a few days back.

Deacan said:
I find the Autobot Escalation map is the best, and using a character who can stealth is great as you can buy ammo/heath and res team mates while using stealth.
But yea once you hit Wave 16+ it gets crazy

Oh and it seems double xp weekend this week

Is that the outdoor level? If it is that's the one that's easiest for me. I think the other map is a bit too closed and we never seem to get very far on that. Anyways I edged a bit closer last night, getting to Wave 14. We all died except one person who decided not to revive a team mate when no one was about and go it alone against a Titan and 2 stealth bots. Needless to say he didn't come out on top and I was bloody fuming.

scitek

BudokaiMR2 said:
It does seem to run perfectly fine on my system, but it is locked at 30 fps which is slightly annoying. Pretty sure I could run it at 60 if it would let me. Hopefully someone will figure out how to raise the framecap in the .ini file...

Download this and open the exe. With the exe still running in the background, start the game and press 0 on the numpad to unlock the framerate.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V0CAGJG7

Credit to Psych.

gotee12

Possibly the first confirmation of DLC for the game comes from the EU Xbox Live marketplace. File it under "hopeful" for now...

"Become the ultimate weapon and wage war in four new maps – engage in multiplayer combat in HAVOC and FORTRESS or fend off waves of Autobots in DISTRICT, and Decepticons in FORSAKEN, two new Escalation mode maps. Also gain access to 5 characters and their chassis for use in Escalation mode and Multiplayer character creation; SCATTERSHOT, ONSLAUGHT, DEMOLISHOR, SHOCKWAVE and JAZZ are ready for battle. Fight to the end in the war that started it all! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts."

(I found this via Kotaku)

*edit: Here's a quick screenshot of the marketplace page in case it gets taken down.

Sill4

ColonelSkills said:
Sounds good, I'll give it a shot. We tended to leave the 700 dollar door alone and focus on overshield abuse, but access to the scrapmaker would probably be helpful as well as the heal beam.

The shields are probably not all that useful until wave 8 anyway, and by then we should have loaded up with the other stuff by that point.

Thanks bro, much appreciated.
I know I'm super late, but my friends and I found the best use for shields is to throw one up right next to the chaingun toting Titan, then procede to melee the shit out of him. If you have Optimus buff you, you can take these guys out super fast. It's way more effective and much quicker than shooting them. Especially on the wave where about 4-5 come at you!

Liberty4all

Banned
gotee12 said:
Possibly the first confirmation of DLC for the game comes from the EU Xbox Live marketplace. File it under "hopeful" for now...

"Become the ultimate weapon and wage war in four new maps – engage in multiplayer combat in HAVOC and FORTRESS or fend off waves of Autobots in DISTRICT, and Decepticons in FORSAKEN, two new Escalation mode maps. Also gain access to 5 characters and their chassis for use in Escalation mode and Multiplayer character creation; SCATTERSHOT, ONSLAUGHT, DEMOLISHOR, SHOCKWAVE and JAZZ are ready for battle. Fight to the end in the war that started it all! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts."

(I found this via Kotaku)

*edit: Here's a quick screenshot of the marketplace page in case it gets taken down.

war_for_cybertron_013_1272873128.jpg

Top Bottom