• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

The Take Out Bandit said:
Just in terms of multiplayer it would be awesome to see expanded maps and an ability to have independent battles raging all over the game. Jets and space ships dogfighting in the skies. Cars outracing tanks, maybe some rudimentary car combat like Twisted Metal. Structure it in a way where the scale is suited to giant robots and say flying characters can’t enter certain structures while transformed, or put it on Earth and tanks would have an advantage moving over rough terrain versus a car.

There’s SO MUCH that could be done with a multiplayer Transformers game.

So they made a Team Fortress clone instead of a Battlefield clone or a Warhawk clone. Big deal. That doesn't automatically make it bad. The game does a lot of things very, very well and has some very clever ideas. It also has some kinks that need to be ironed out, and sadly it appears that the devs don't have a budget for doing the level of post-launch support that they needed in order to keep the game going.

I actually had a few good games as a Scientist today! I can only seem to do go work in Conquest though. Actually, that's not entirely true: I can play support medic and do some great work in TDM, but I don't get any credit for it! Urgh!

I will reach Level 100!
maybe

Played again last night, and aside from the lag which got pretty righteous at times, speaking as a guy who has never been a huge Transformers guy, Im loving this game at this point. Oddly enough, with everyone at least a level 6, my best character by far is the Scientist. : / I dont know what it is, but I just have MONSTER games with him. My friend is even better with the Scientist. After that, its a complete game to game basis between the other 3 classes. Good games, then bad games.

Just thought I'd check in about the Transformers feedback e-mail. I got my e-mail sent back to me by the mailer:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

feedback@transformersgame.com

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[transformersgame.com (1): Connection refused]

----- Original message -----

Received: by 10.100.42.5 with SMTP id p5mr2042697anp.15.1279316614128; Fri, 16
Jul 2010 14:43:34 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.100.232.18 with HTTP; Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:43:14 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:43:14 -0500
Message-ID: <AAN2LkTilxSgZX440CbEUqbWcy5hcTVGbKZR8jg3HlfIvc2@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Transformers Feedback
To: feedback@transformersgame.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=0016e644c6e65723af048b881c27

Did anyone else have this issue when/if they tried to send feedback?

Does anyone have any tips/pointers on how to land melee attacks with any sort of consistancy? Everyone else in 360land apparently has it down, but I dont get it. I would say this is lag-related, but none of my gun-kills are feeling effected by lag, but my melee attempts sure do. Probably about 75% of my melee kills look like a whiffed and then ones that Im all up in their grill do nothing. : /

TheApatheticOne said:
Does anyone have any tips/pointers on how to land melee attacks with any sort of consistancy? Everyone else in 360land apparently has it down, but I dont get it. I would say this is lag-related, but none of my gun-kills are feeling effected by lag, but my melee attempts sure do. Probably about 75% of my melee kills look like a whiffed and then ones that Im all up in their grill do nothing. : /

Each class does melee a little different. Try standing still and swinging your weapon and see the path that it takes. For example, the Leader swings from his lower right side in a diagonal arc upwards. You will have more success with the Leader's melee if you actually stand slightly to the left of your target rather than right in front of them. The Scout does a sort of overhead forward lunge; there is much less room for error with his melee.

The best advice I can give is just to practice! Hop into a private match with a friend and take turns swiping each other to see how each class's melee works.

X-Frame

divisionbyzorro said:
Just thought I'd check in about the Transformers feedback e-mail. I got my e-mail sent back to me by the mailer:

Did anyone else have this issue when/if they tried to send feedback?

Okay so this morning I woke up to this exact e-mail ..

Wow. So High Moon has no active forums or contact page, they don't use Twitter or Facebook at all to keep in contact with their customers and now their e-mail address that they displayed doesn't even work?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Are they owned by Activision?

EDIT: Yes they are, in which case I would not be at all surprised if they vanish in to the ether.

X-Frame said:
Okay so this morning I woke up to this exact e-mail ..

Wow. So High Moon has no active forums or contact page, they don't use Twitter or Facebook at all to keep in contact with their customers and now their e-mail address that they displayed doesn't even work?

It's a real shame. The game must have fallen short in terms of sales expectations, and Activision just doesn't want to finance anything else for it. Of course, when you barely advertise the game, and don't offer quality post-launch support, what do you think is going to happen?

EDIT: Tell your friends: War for Cybertron is $43 all day on Amazon as the deal of the day!

Vormund

That's funny I thought the game did fine (as in met sales expectations) Especially since there was stuff all marketing for it.

Most stores I had been to were sold out, so it can't have been that bad surely.

McBradders

Vormund said:
That's funny I thought the game did fine (as in met sales expectations) Especially since there was stuff all marketing for it.

Most stores I had been to were sold out, so it can't have been that bad surely.

I thought I read that most stores were sold out because they only got a handful of copies in.

McBradders said:
I thought I read that most stores were sold out because they only got a handful of copies in.

That was my understanding. It seemed to me that Activision basically threw the game under the bus, much like what they did with Singularity.

dankir said:
Anybody know when and how much the DLC will be?

I'd be surprised if it actually came out. The devs have gone totally dark. They'll probably toss the pre-order characters up on the marketplace to see if they can wring a few more dollars out of us, but a full-fledged DLC expansion? Maybe it'll happen - but I doubt I'll buy it. And if it brings achievements with it, it might actually stop me from playing because it'll ruin my goal of getting all of the achievements for this game! :lol

McBradders

divisionbyzorro said:
That was my understanding. It seemed to me that Activision basically threw the game under the bus, much like what they did with Singularity.

I feel so fucking sorry for Raven right now.

Vormund

Oh damn I forgot about Singularity as well. Which wouldn't be hard considering people weren't even aware it was released.

I guess Activision is saving their pennies for the Infinity Ward lawsuit.

Its stupid really. Im really enjoying Transformers and Singularity, shame that they didnt get the treatment that they deserve when so many games get way more treatment than they do deserve.

McBradders

TheApatheticOne said:
It stupid really. Im really enjoying Transformers and Singularity, shame that they didnt get the treatment that they deserve when so many games get way more treatment than they do deserve.

I can't afford Singularity right now so am waiting for discounts, I feel bad about that despite a general Activision boycott. However I bought WfC day one because I am a huge fanboy :(

Just 5 more levels to go for the Platinum. It's in spitting distance! Shame I have to do it with the scientist though. I'm not great with this one. All the other classes, fine.

I was on fire last night as the leader though. Had an awesome time. Jumped 3 levels to max out in no time. 28 kills: 1 death? I just wasn't going down that game. Or 36 kills to me, rest of team? 4-5 kills each! :lol I think I must have been averaging 6k a match. Unstoppable :p

I felt like one of those guys we've all come across in a multi game where no matter what you do you always end up coming out worst. Now I no longer need wonder what it's like to be that person on top.:D

Not I'm back down to Earth as the shitty scientist. I gave up healing folk with the gun and just throw a grenade out. Waste of my time.

Oh and one thing that I absolute hate about this game is the collisions with another team mate. You basically play bumper cars. So annoying when you hit someone and you fly backwards 10 miles or end up being flung in the opposite direction. Rrrrr!

So, Im pretty much taking a "mental day" from work tomorrow, and Im pretty sure this is what Ill be playing all day? If any of you around tomorrow, we need to hook up so that I can get some pointers. :lol

Vormund

What's your GT? Although we are probably in different timezones :lol

I play any hour of the day (an advantage to shift work I guess)

Mine GT is also "Vormund"

JohngPR

TheApatheticOne said:
So, Im pretty much taking a "mental day" from work tomorrow, and Im pretty sure this is what Ill be playing all day? If any of you around tomorrow, we need to hook up so that I can get some pointers. :lol

I'll be on tomorrow night. I'm no expert, but I'll play with ya. :)

Vormund

Ricker said:
Finished the Decepticon campaign last evening...pretty cool stuff and that last Boss/room fight was awesome.

Have you played the Autobot campaign yet?

fighting against Trypticon was awesome

beast786 said:
Question regarding the PC version.

Is the game locked at 30FPS?

If you check back in the thread, I believe they figured out a way to unlock the FPS.

So I almost have everybody to Level 15. I managed to break through the barrier and start kicking ass with the Scientist, so that went pretty quickly, but the Scout has been painful. I really need some double XP...

beast786

divisionbyzorro said:
If you check back in the thread, I believe they figured out a way to unlock the FPS.

So I almost have everybody to Level 15. I managed to break through the barrier and start kicking ass with the Scientist, so that went pretty quickly, but the Scout has been painful. I really need some double XP...

Thank you kind sir.

Will check the thread for the answere. :D

Not interested in the DLC. Wouldn't have minded the 2 new multi maps on their own but the rest is pointless for me.

Anyways, I take back all the bad I said about the Scientist. Getting more kills than most and which are Soldiers/Leaders/Prime is pretty awesome. I was rocking with him last night. Though he's still the weakest link in the bunch.

2 more levels to go! :D

Katana_Strikes said:
Not interested in the DLC. Wouldn't have minded the 2 new multi maps on their own but the rest is pointless for me.

Anyways, I take back all the bad I said about the Scientist. Getting more kills than most and which are Soldiers/Leaders/Prime is pretty awesome. I was rocking with him last night. Though he's still the weakest link in the bunch.

2 more levels to go! :D

The Scientist used to be my weakest link until I discovered the power of the burst rifle. Now I love picking dudes off from across the map. I also love swooping into the middle of a firefight and stealing kills from my teammates with Shockwave :lol.

By the way: never complain about your Scientist stealing your kills. If he gets on a good streak, he can not only give you a health matrix, but he can also give the entire team overshields. Getting your scientist on a high killstreak is a beautiful thing.

X-Frame

divisionbyzorro said:
The Scientist used to be my weakest link until I discovered the power of the burst rifle. Now I love picking dudes off from across the map. I also love swooping into the middle of a firefight and stealing kills from my teammates with Shockwave :lol.

By the way: never complain about your Scientist stealing your kills. If he gets on a good streak, he can not only give you a health matrix, but he can also give the entire team overshields. Getting your scientist on a high killstreak is a beautiful thing.
Agreed 100%.

Them and Leaders have amazing killstreaks. Having a good Scientist that can consistently get at least a 5 killstreak will do wonders for your team.

Rented it and just beat it. Man this game was so action packed. Seriously. So many huge action set-pieces that were handled very well, great banter between the robots. Overall, very impressed with the title, way more than I thought I would be. I'll probably put some time on the MP before taking it back, even if just to get some of the MP related trophies and whatnot.

Oh, fuck Michael Bay.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Jack Random said:
sooo, wtf IS prime mode anyway?
Sounds like Prestiges in Call of Duty. When you max out your multiplayer level and get all the unlocks, it gives you the option to start over again from sctatch, so you have something to work towards again.

Plus it'll put a little Matrix of Leadership icon next to your name in multiplayer lobbies so everyone can marvel at how cool you are.

RoninChaos said:
Why is 10 bucks for dlc too expensive for you? What would the sweet spot been for you?

Multiplayer map design is easily the weakest part of the game, both in terms of layout and visual presentation. I don't want to pay for more of that, and I just hope that I'm not forced to in order to keep playing online.

Jinaar

I love playing the MP side of Transformers, but seeing only 3500 people on last night(XBox), Conquest being around only 450 people, doesn't give me much faith to drop down $10 on DLC maps that will then just fracture those numbers even more.

The maps should be free, charge for characters or double exp mode(eeps!) or something else.

Top Bottom