• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

Xater

JohngPR said:
It definitely exists. I've seen it more when playing mutliplayer, but I've only noticed the pop-in on your character. It's really not that big of a deal.

I think it's just silly how much Unreal Engine sucks when it comes to texture streaming(?). :lol

Oh well as long as that's the only fault. From what I have seen the game actually looks pretty cool.

I already know the first thing I want to try with this game will be. Find a ramp, jump over it as a car, transform mid-air and if all goes well kill someone will landing. It's just badass and I want to do it damn it! :D

Maximus.

hey I just want to clarify, this game DOES have OFFLINE coop right? Me and a buddy can play it on one system? Sorry if this was already answered!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
bounchfx said:
a game being locked at 30fps is a dealbreaker for you? what the fuck?
For the PC, yeah. That means I'll just buy it on the console.

Is there any way to disable the vsync or are the config files locked?

Chesskid1

Banned
just got a 9.0 on IGN. i kinda wanna play this but transformer storyline just doesn't interest me and storyline is a big motivation for me. is it really that damn good? i can't decide at all.

Chesskid1 said:
just got a 9.0 on IGN. i kinda wanna play this but transformer storyline just doesn't interest me and storyline is a big motivation for me. is it really that damn good? i can't decide at all.

Not really. I'm a big Transformers fan but I don't think WFC is that amazing. It's basically just shoot, shoot, and shoot. There's very little variation besides some different enemies and some good boss battles. So it's a good TF game but I still prefer Transformers Armada.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Lyphen said:
Isn't it an Unreal engine game? Can't we just go into the .ini and remove the smoothFPS cap?
You would think, but the last PC game that did this encrypted the .ini file. I think this one did as well. smh

Blackheim

Yes, the .ini is encrypted. Open it up and it's a bunch of gibberish :/

Partial Gibberish Extract said:
1 O]g0uRYPlzW3:'-3ns\V_P\,#&L'5^K  N ,1
!M" "V-b8uUQUjL<S^P\ @~o$
2H
OOPky
2R*_Z@AUK|8$FM^=9iUBV3
 1N#
[@Tnl#
U 8
[T\A`X\9:FN@?:cXC[~ 2'Z TGBGhl~n8.%!
,2U_QG}Y)*Pq.]_GQ][_34 
M OChc&

0>UX@A9?cTW243GBE\dZQ\CJRIn|%T
43 K^ODi}6 ]G\\^^{(8+\D@}y6  
3N 9NTM_Dwn0S
3@EQe_PV)JmUDI=9jYZW '&RTE\N\Q~n0   0N []@F
m|}Pq&4WRF^rZN3$  TS-3&1  fi}#8:42%<7S]V`[y 9Z2;~n7
o
 M_9?=3c0 VU_GPL1 6
1U&1  ,* AV@t^ZP2'2s^ZTUAQ& !M4xx8 [["YSZN8N HW?M_>>8:by3<t_EzUX]' V$U'*1  +ck7^t|bw L@hW.]_GQ`\UNUOGMkpn|-1U8643O

Foxix Von

Ohhhhhhhh chapter 3 is awesome. At what I think is the end of it, man this is a long one. I feel like this would be just wonderful co-op.

That being said, 3 chapters in on hard. I'm dying a TON but I've yet to have any issues with ammo. It's scattered al over the place if you just keep an eye out there's about 1 or more ammo crates in just about any given room.

Great game, and I haven't even touched any of the other modes.

Foxix Von

Classic_Gs said:
Anyone have any luck with download codes? I cannot login into the TF site to register.

I thought it was, but I realized it's just not a very well explained site, got both my codes working. Is it giving you some sort of error?

The Take Out Bandit said:
The 360 version doesn't require an install does it?

:lol

<_< not sure if serious

Dude Abides

Banned
The additional multiplayer classes make it much crazier. Especially because I'm not sure which enemy skins are for which classes.

hamchan

Holy crap, good reviews!

Always good to see good licensed games and good transformers games. Might just pick this up.

I was always a fan of Transformers. The multiplayer will sell me on this game.

How is it like? Is it similar to Gears of War but with robots and with Call of Duty customization?

Foxix Von

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I was always a fan of Transformers. The multiplayer will sell me on this game.

How is it like? Is it similar to Gears of War but with robots and with Call of Duty customization?

It's over the shoulder a la Gears but there's no cover system. The whole transforming mechanic ramps up the pace, not to mention it only takes about 2 seconds to respawn.

Think Unreal on incrementally upgradeable cocaine.

Foxix said:
It's over the shoulder a la Gears but there's no cover system. The whole transforming mechanic ramps up the pace, not to mention it only takes about 2 seconds to respawn.

Think Unreal on incrementally upgradeable cocaine.
Thanks for the impressions.

Now I'm not sure. I'm addicted to Uncharted 2's multiplayer and love Gears of War, but Transformers seems less strategic, kind of like the old school multiplayer shooters.

I want to try it though.

Stitch

Gold Member
FPS capped at 30, no customizable controls, no real graphic settings + encrypted ini file, no dedicated servers = another activision shitport

fucking kotick

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
SalsaShark said:
hey you, a man can hope, even though i always knew the answer.

Oh I know it's a legitimate complaint, it's just silly to hope for an activision quicky port job to have dedicated servers.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Stitch said:
FPS capped at 30, no customizable controls, no real graphic settings + encrypted ini file, no dedicated servers = another activision shitport

fucking kotick

Awww, all that makes them making an excellent game all around look bad :(

Wishing for dedicated servers on a 10 player game :lol

ElRenoRaven

Stitch said:

fucking kotick

Ouch. That bad huh? That really makes me glad that I didn't get it. Something just kept eating at me it being that cheap. Anyway my thoughts below.

So I actually got mine early. I'm a sissy. I won't lie. On easy it took me 8 hours.

Overall it's a great game. Is it perfect no. The only complaints I have are the AI partners. They get in your way a lot sometimes. This is more noticeable in smaller areas. Would have liked a bit more to the story. Also a couple of the boss battles weren't very interesting.

Overall though I'd say the reviews giving it an 8.5 to 9.0 are on the money just based off my single player experience. Now to go play some Multiplayer and play it on harder difficulties. lol

Foxix Von

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Thanks for the impressions.

Now I'm not sure. I'm addicted to Uncharted 2's multiplayer and love Gears of War, but Transformers seems less strategic, kind of like the old school multiplayer shooters.

I want to try it though.

I guess I should have added that while the upgrades work like call of duty, they also define the class more and more as it goes on. I think as people start getting more experience it's going to be very team oriented. It's taking a lot of ques from Team Fortess oddly enough, the Scientist class is basically a flying spy/medic/engineer, scout is basically a scout/sniper. Soldier class is sort of like a heavy/demoman, with the Leader class being sort of a blend of a soldier but with buffing and defense abilities.

It's pretty crazy.:lol

Foxix said:
I thought it was, but I realized it's just not a very well explained site, got both my codes working. Is it giving you some sort of error?

:lol

<_< not sure if serious
I finally am able to log in, but I get a code is invalid error :/

Edit: finally the site loads and accepts my code.....

Foxix Von

Classic_Gs said:
I finally am able to log in, but I get a code is invalid error :/

Is it a jazz, shockwave, or demolishor code? If it's shockwave you could always just got back to Gamestop and just have them print you a new code.

Spike

If anyone has codes for Jazz or Demolisher that they are willing to trade, I have a few months of free Live I could trade. PM me.

Me and my buddy just got this for the 360. We are going to start playing some online Co-op. Any suggestions on what campaign to start first?

Foxix Von

sweetvar26 said:
Me and my buddy just got this for the 360. We are going to start playing some online Co-op. Any suggestions on what campaign to start first?

Personally I started with Decepticon since that's what comes first chronologically.

ElRenoRaven

sweetvar26 said:

I'd go in order. Decepticon first then autobot. They really flow well that way.

robut said:
The Autobot campaign is FILLED with fan service:D

Without a doubt it is.

Maximus.

just finished the first chapter and I like it. It is like a dark transformers. I find the gameplay nice, the game is fluid. The controls took a few mins to get used to, but they are good. I kind of hate the limited ammo aspect though. I always have enough, but would be more fun if one gun was unlimited.

Foxix Von

I also want to add just how much I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the art direction in this game. It's not the most technically impressive looking, but it's well polished. It's just the sheer amount of little details, seeing Autobot torso's crawling across the room here and the pleading for help, or seeing the first Autobot campaign boss being manufactured in the first level of the Decepticon campaign. So many little things, moving parts and mechanical details that they're almost easy to miss.

I remember almost walking by a big metal block only to realize that it was slightly moving. I looked down and noticed there were a pair of legs sticking out from the bottom and the Autobot was trying to hopelessly push up on it and escape.

They really put a lot of love into it. Thanks High Moon!

Top Bottom