• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I seem to remember having this conversation before. Because I seem to remember being chastised for my depiction of tea.

*shrug*

I just drink water and milk. And eggnog.

I just drink water, TEA WHICH IS THE BEST THING EVER and orange juice :p

On topic... I can't wait to finally be able to correct people on Twitter and the rest of GAF on using the correct gender pronouns >_>
I'm definitely being too paranoid about this, but I'm also doing it to make a clean break.

I just drink water, TEA WHICH IS THE BEST THING EVER and orange juice :p

On topic... I can't wait to finally be able to correct people on Twitter and the rest of GAF on using the correct gender pronouns >_>
I'm definitely being too paranoid about this, but I'm also doing it to make a clean break.

I - I wasn't under the impression you weren't out on twitter o_., well its a good thing gender hardly ever really comes up there in talking to you.

Anastasia

As long as we can all agree that green tea mochi ice cream is one of the most delicious things ever, then we're fine. :p

Only enlightened space adventurers can enjoy the true joy of tea (I actually dont drink tea or coffee or anything all too much)

Indeed.

*Rubs her cast iron teapot and all of her various teas*

I just drink water and milk. And eggnog.

I mostly drink water, tea, and juice. But I still have soda here and there. Not really a fan of milk (aside from chocolate milk) or eggnog.

Kinsei

Banned
I've never had tea. I've smelt it before and I really didn't like it. Eggnog is heaven in a carton. I could drink the stuff everyday and I wouldn't get sick of it.

Dai101

Banned
What is with this anti-tea talk?! Tea is the nectar of life.

WRONG:

t74PYb1.jpg

That's the true nectar of life, or vodka/tequila. Even if i drink at least 3lt of water a day.

BTW, never knew/taste that what you call eggnog, although i'm very fond for rompope

I - I wasn't under the impression you weren't out on twitter o_., well its a good thing gender hardly ever really comes up there in talking to you.

I'm actually genderless on Twitter, I said that I won't reveal my gender because of privacy concerns and that people can refer to me however they want and I won't correct them, so you're welcome to do as you want :p

Things will change later this month, I believe I already mentioned it earlier here but I have a real life friend that I haven't told about it yet following me, and I'd prefer to tell her in person rather than her learning it from Twitter.
We've been living in differnet countries for the last few years so meeting has been kinda difficult. We should finally be able to meet during winter vacation so after that I'll make things clear on Twitter too, look forward to the fireworks!

I'm a bit worried about the possible reaction from a couple of followers but if they bother me about it I'll just block them mercilessly and stop thinking about it.

I'm sorry I haven't been very supportive in there, I promise things will change as soon as I'm able to talk more freely about it!

Also I hate coffee

Levyne

Banned
I'm actually genderless on Twitter, I said that I won't reveal my gender because of privacy concerns and that people can refer to me however they want and I won't correct them, so you're welcome to do as you want :p

Things will change later this month, I believe I already mentioned it earlier here but I have a real life friend that I haven't told about it yet following me, and I'd prefer to tell her in person rather than her learning it from Twitter.
We've been living in differnet countries for the last few years so meeting has been kinda difficult. We should finally be able to meet during winter vacation so after that I'll make things clear on Twitter too, look forward to the fireworks!

I'm a bit worried about the possible reaction from a couple of followers but if they bother me about it I'll just block them mercilessly and stop thinking about it.

I'm sorry I haven't been very supportive in there, I promise things will change as soon as I'm able to talk more freely about it!

Also I hate coffee

Hey shin. I don't really have a reason to post in here but I saw your screenname on the "last post" column by random chance. I hope natalie and billie and all the others here give you the type of support and such if you need, being in a situation I can't really understand to the same degree.

I don't have much to say other than you have my support, if it means anything. Obviously I won't bring anything up over twitter. I look forward to the day when the situation allows you to come out without unneeded scrutiny or hate. Good luck!

Mistel

Banned
I knew the tea team would win out. Thankfully, the transgaf civil war has been averted.

I had the perfect GIF as well. That mocha ice cream is the weirdest flavor I've heard of.

Is eggnog an non England thing I've never seen it over here.

Mistel

Banned
My problem are people who leave tea bags in their tea and over steep and then they taste the tea and go EWWWWWWWWWWWW BITTER despite the fact they brewed it like a total fucking nub.

I hate that so much aslo coupled with people who kinda botch it up and end up giving me practically warm milk because the took they teabag to quickly.

Kinsei

Banned
Tea isn't supposed to be bitter? I guess the person who made the tea I smelled didn't make it right because it smelled really bitter.

Kinsei

Banned
The only episode of the show I've seen is the one with the trans man in it. It doesn't surprise me that their portrayal of trans women is also disrespectful.

Dash_

It's probably best if you have backup of other family alongside you. You have to tell them at some point, and it's probably better to do it face-to-face where you've they've got quite a bit of time to digest it. Good luck. : )

Dash_

If you're close and/or she supports you then hopefully. Only you're going to know. I was lucky in a way. My immediate family were supportive, and the ones that weren't or didn't get it, I barely see anyway. When I get crap off random people out and about it's something I remind myself of.

I think having someone on your side who can articulate what it's like to not be of the cisgendered mainstream will help. Particularly if your cousin has been accepted by your family. They need to know they're not losing you, that you're just changing. In many ways you'll still be the you that they know.

I'd probably advise avoiding loading them with all the terminology that comes with being trans at first (such as the variety of differences under the transgender umbrella and terms like cis), and see if they can get their heads around the basics.

Top Bottom