• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Literally every story on the mass media no matter who it is or what it is , includes the sensationalization of our lives and a basic lack of respect for our humanity .It is very much wrong to, without our permission , when we are even talking about a book which covers our personal telling of out stories to make it , " was 'boy' until age X " , no she was never a boy , having genital reconstruction surgery was not the moment she "became" a woman, nor is it respectful to have title cards *without her permission* to allude to this false sensationalist misconception . It then is all together super wrong to as a cis white hetero rich man with a tv show to go on a crazy tirade for a whole day about the trans community "being a victim of 'cisphobia'" and how 'bigoted' the community is for taking offense to our stories for the millionth time being treated as some fascinating marvel revolving around our genitals while not even giving is the even basic amount of respect . But even that's not as bad as literally having her on the show again only the day after to SILENCE AND TALK HER DOWN and then to have a fucking panel of ignorant conservative cis men discuss and debate "if she's a woman or not" AFTER she left and couldn't even defend herself. So, yes this whole thing was very wrong and Piers Morgan is worst than scum.

Another thing to be clear literally Mocks only response to all piers Morgan after the first show was to make a few tweets and take a pic showing disapproval where she was pretty respectful for which he reacted to with his transphobic tirade that is *still* going on. Basically the very act of us trans women having *any* form of objection or *speaking up at all* is considered an act of offense .

Amalthea

Banned
I don't know why but British media and jurno types always strike me as extremely transphobic. Just take their comedy entertainment.

In my eyes the most insulting thing is how he acts like she was completely a man before -then suddenly magical sexchange- now she's a woman and how she's must've gotten a kick out of it for the sudden change of appearance.

He litterally sounds like a TV host from the 60's interviewing a Transgender.

His aggresive answer also heavily implies that he didn't really have any respect or sensibilities for the issues beforehand no matter how respectful he tried to act. It's kind of a subtle Freudian Slip.

He literally started the interview with "why I'd never would have guessed" because yes she's pretty and not like all those "non passing" trans women who you immediately "know about" and then yes he continues on with a fixation on this supposed "surgery" that "made" her a woman and just ugh . Like it's right outta the 90s heck we've been around forever and have been transitioning now in ways since the 1930s and still all cis people want to do is gawk and be sensationalist and treat us as a sideshow and not like with actual respect and humanity.

Yea , this while thing has kind been in my craw since it started and I'm sorry for saying potentially triggery things everyone .

Zelias

Banned
None of it makes Piers Morgan look good, but his arrogant self-righteousness is the lowest point for me. Just because he thinks he's doing the trans community a favour doesn't excuse him from criticism. It certainly doesn't justify attacking the entire community, or self-pitying bleating about 'cisphobia'.

Arsehole.

Platy

Recently Piers Morgan had an interview with a transgender author. (here), now I don't usually watch Piers Morgan but I did hear about some controversy surrounding this interview (explanation).

This directly results in Piers doing a second interview (watch here) with some mixed results (analysis)

It doesn't seem this was discussed here before (blame GAF search if not true), but I wanted to get GAF's perspective on this, what do you think of the controversy, was it legitimate? watching the videos I don't get the impression that Piers did anything wrong, but then again I may be wrong

Laverne gives the best response to this kind of thing than I could ever give

Mistel

Banned
I don't know why but British media and jurno types always strike me as extremely transphobic. Just take their comedy entertainment.
It wax quite awkward when it came up on the IT crowd, well for me it was. Piers Morgan is a dick anyway. I do love the authors hair though it looks great and really suits her.

Five

Banned
As someone who isn't trans, but is sympathetic to their plight and is very much a transvestite, I'm curious to learn why "was a boy" and "became a woman" are such nasty phrases. Is your body not part of who you are?

For example, if I said to a person with an overweight body "you are fat," or to a person with an underweight body "you are skinny," is that different from this? It's a convenience of the English language that I get to say "Fat Neil" instead of "Neil with the fat body". I mean, especially if you don't believe in a soul, your body is all you are.

I think this is especially true of people who actively identified as a boy and as a man in their previous life. Some people even get married before coming out as trans. I think it's sad, I think it's wrong and a waste of good years of life, but to deny that they identified as a male seems silly.

I don't want to sound accusatory. Really, I'm just super curious about this stuff. I've been following this thread for about a year because I feel like an androgyne and am teetering on the fence (I don't feel out of place as a man during the day, but it's not uncommon for me to sleep in a dress and breast forms), so learning more on the subject is helpful to me.

Platy

Long story short, "became a woman" is a weapon to don't allow pre-surgery trans people outside of bathroms and other things like "I am goiung to call you a dude since you have a penis already"

Five

Banned
That makes sense. I guess, from my perspective, I'm more than willing to call someone by the gender and pronouns he or she chooses to associate with him or herself based on what they identify as. So, for a future MtF who hasn't decided to come out as trans yet, she's still a boy. She still identifies as a boy. She eventually realizes she was wrong to have done so, but that's what she was in body and in identification.

To put it another way, is a girl in a boy's body the same thing as a boy with a girl's mind?

Yes it's problematic because there are :

1) Many trans people who do not want any form of surgery
2) Many trans people who can't afford to have any form of surgery even if they *did* want it

and both groups are very much the gender and sex they identify with , without having had such things done . Additionally, yes there are some who do consider it that they were one gender and became another, they are free to think of it that way, if thats what *they're* comfortable with (Though I can tell you I don't think I've encountered anyone who thinks this way who also thinks their change was a matter of getting genital/facial surgeries, which is what these phrases brought up in mainstream media usually imply) . The woman in question though, does not consider it that way and it invalidates her identity to treat it that way and take away control from her about *her* narrative and *her* story.

Also I think there is some confusion regarding the problem of such phrasing. The phrases imply that being a "woman" or being a "man" is strictly up to one aspect of biology that can only be seen from the outside, when it is not. The problem comes in thinking this one thing defines someone as one or the other. It does not, biology is much much much more complex. As for the example with trans people who get married and have kids before transitioning, i've interacted with them and they neither really particularly think that meant they identified as a particular gender at all (nor do they consider it a previous life) , people want to get married and have kids often irrespective of gender identity or for a myriad of other reasons or just from going through the motions.

Five

Banned
I get that. I don't want trans to have to have surgery in order to identify as and be treated as the gender they feel they are.

But you have to realize that's really confusing. Previous to living as a woman, regardless of surgery or starting HRT, an MtF identifies as a man. Wrongly, perhaps, but that person lives life as though she was the man her body suggests she is. I just don't get why it's wrong to call someone a male when they're living as one, regardless of true gender.

Is it one of those "be careful how you phrase things because some people don't know enough about it and can get confused or have the wrong idea, which only furthers prejudices" things? Where, if I say "you were a boy" I mean "you lived and identified as a boy," but because people can misinterpret me to mean "there was nothing about you that was a girl" then I shouldn't say it?

Platy

You don't know how the people you react, so in general you go by WIKIPEDIA guidelines !

An exception to this is made for terms relating to gender. In such cases we favor self-designation, even when source usage would indicate otherwise. Any person whose gender might be questioned should be referred to by the pronouns, possessive adjectives, and gendered nouns (for example "man/woman", "waiter/waitress", "chairman/chairwoman") that reflect that person's latest expressed gender self-identification. This applies in references to any phase of that person's life, unless the subject has indicated a preference otherwise. Direct quotations may need to be handled as exceptions (in some cases adjusting the portion used may reduce apparent contradictions, and " [sic]" may be used where necessary).

Also, in doubt, you ASK

Sibylus

Banned
Welcome, Zelias!

WRT to the current discussion, I'll add that you should exercise caution if you're getting into the territory of generalizing the wants, needs, and motives of trans people, there is no general principle you can fall back upon that works with all of them.

Unless that principle is, "I'll ask how this particular person wants to be referred to as, and will be respectful of their wishes".

lexi

Banned
I want to know where this narrative of 'ask the trans person how they'd like to be referred as' came from. If someone came up to me and asked to my face 'should I refer to you as a man or a woman?' I'd be fucking insulted.

Five

Banned
Well I think the issue then is that people aren't trying to consider the wants and needs of an individual, just be historically accurate.

Even Wikipedia pointed out that this is something exclusive to gender identity, where you address the person as he or she wants to be referred to, not as the socially accepted term. So most people probably don't realize that this is an exception, I guess.

Sibylus

Banned
Well, I should disclaim that it'd probably be really insulting if just dumped onto a random stranger, yeah. But there are ways to respectfully ask a trans person you're meeting for the first time if you're not certain of their preferred pronouns, as a definite step up from just referring to their birth sex without so much as checking with them first to see if it's okay.

My perspective on this is a trans woman who doesn't pass, btw. I would much rather be asked than have pronouns... improvised. Stealth isn't a luxury I have.

Ok, first I'd say I don't particular care what wikipedia has to say after interacting with trans women and their frustrations with it, but thats not here nor there.

Next I will say, a key point i was trying to make is that people should have the ability to define their own narratives and life experiences , because you know, *they* are the one who lived it. No, they weren't living as male or identifying as one at any point if they say they didn't. I don't accept the concept that that is confusing, heck people would say the idea of being trans in the first place is or was confusing to them. People often live lives as if they were something, that *does not* mean that they were those things. I spent a good portion of my childhood living as if i was a christian , but that did not mean i was one unless I personally say I was one, but not, I say I was imitating and doing things based on what was expected of me and that was wholly insincere , and if anyone were to refer to that time of my life as me "being a christian" against my permission and against my personal wishes, then they are in fact hoisting an identity onto me that I do not wish to take and does not actually coincide with my actual experience. The same I wholly say about the part of my life for which i lived pretending to be male and cis, I was not cis or male just cause I imitated and took on the roles expected of me at that time. Saying someone "was a boy" against there wishes isnt simply being "historically accurate" versus "respecting their wishes and feelings" , it's fully wrong because you are defining *their* experiences that you had no way of living , by *your* perceptions, norms and understandings of things.

Platy

I want to know where this narrative of 'ask the trans person how they'd like to be referred as' came from. If someone came up to me and asked to my face 'should I refer to you as a man or a woman?' I'd be fucking insulted.

It is more of a way to say that when you REALLY DON'T KNOW you don't go act like you KNOW something and go "male pronoums" by default.

If the person asks, the person is AT LEAST interested... better than being a deouchbag right from start =P

USD

I've had some moments that made me felt uncomfortable, but today takes the cake. Went downtown to the old commercial district (not an understatement, half the buildings were abandoned, I discovered) to check out things, by myself. Bad, bad, bad.

Almost every guy I passed by hit on me. And I mean every guy. Granted, this is hardly the busiest part of town, but it was an eye opener for me. It was cute, the first time or so, but the bit of flattery quickly turned into discomfort as it continued to happen. The several honks I got didn't help either. The breaking point though was the guy who thought I was a hooker. It took a second for that one to register. (First he asked if I needed a ride, which I declined, but persistent, he then asked if I "was working".) I was already heading back to my car at the time, but that incident sure sped my ass up.

I wasn't really upset, I just felt uncomfortable and really unsafe. Today it really set in that I can't just walk around like a guy anymore. I was hardly oblivious to that before, but I also had never actually experienced it either, to that degree. I'll be a little less dumb about my personal safety in the future.

destrudo

I wanted to bring something up with the community here, hopefully get some advice.

So, I met this girl (MtF) and we ended up talking, which turned to flirting, and afterwards we exchanged phone numbers and what not. I've been talking to her for a couple weeks now, and although I've never thought about dating someone who's transitioned, I realized I really don't have a problem with it. She hasn't had 'the surgery', and I don't think she's going to, but I guess that doesn't bother me either. The issue I have is that there are times now and then when she gets pretty depressed because of her dysphoria, and I really don't know how to help her. I mean, I can relate to not feeling comfortable in your own skin, but definitely not to the degree in which someone whose transitioned experiences it. I try my best to be there for her, but it's pretty hard when you can't really help someone.

Anyways, any advice or tips about dating someone who's transitioned would be appreciated.

sophora

I wanted to bring something up with the community here, hopefully get some advice.

So, I met this girl (MtF) and we ended up talking, which turned to flirting, and afterwards we exchanged phone numbers and what not. I've been talking to her for a couple weeks now, and although I've never thought about dating someone who's transitioned, I realized I really don't have a problem with it. She hasn't had 'the surgery', and I don't think she's going to, but I guess that doesn't bother me either. The issue I have is that there are times now and then when she gets pretty depressed because of her dysphoria, and I really don't know how to help her. I mean, I can relate to not feeling comfortable in your own skin, but definitely not to the degree in which someone whose transitioned experiences it. I try my best to be there for her, but it's pretty hard when you can't really help someone.

Anyways, any advice or tips about dating someone who's transitioned would be appreciated.

My BF is pretty much in your position, all of my friends even can be put in that position where they understand but can't comprehend it. When they notice I'm depressed it usually is my dysphoria, they let me vent if I'm comfortable about it and listen. I think that's the best thing and relieves some of the stress. They do tell me it's okay for me to vent if I need to, but still feels like I'd be putting them through something they don't want to deal with since it is a constant thing in the back of my head. I'd say if you like her, just be there for her and make her feel as safe as possible. I think it would be nice to not feel afraid to talk about why bothers you with someone instead of alone. Can't say that's how she feels, but it's lonely to have to avoid talking about something that tears at your very being because you know you're in a unique problem that nobody really knows how to console.

paile

Banned
Many cis folk seem to have a real problem referring to a trans person with the right pronouns. They seem to have a real problem appropriating proper respect. They seem to have a real problem across the board for reasons they don't even know. It absolutely isn't all of them, or perhaps even a majority, but there's a lot depending on the culture you live in.

You'd think it'd be pretty obvious. You'd think the logic path would be as follows -

a. see trans person
b. trans person presents in female clothing.
c. therefore I should refer to trans person with correct female pronouns if need be because that's what they're presenting to the world.

But it's more like -

a. see trans person.
b. gawk for a while.
c. if with someone, be sure to point trans person out to friend/associate/family member to also allow them the opportunity to gawk as well.
d. make comment under breath, be sure to smirk, smile, laugh about the trans person as well because someone changing their gender is just sooooooooo funny for reasons that cis people don't even know why it's funny, it's just funny. Funny.
e. if the opportunity presents itself, either be really unsure what pronouns to use in reference to them or flat out use the wrong pronouns and when called on it, present an attitude of 'too fucking bad for you'.

mollipen

a. see trans person
b. trans person presents in female clothing.
c. therefore I should refer to trans person with correct female pronouns if need be because that's what they're presenting to the world.

To be fair, though, even that's an assumption. There are people who identify as genderqueer, or just prefer the ambiguous look, or prefer "they" to "her".

Obviously going to up everyone and asking "what pronouns do you prefer" may not be the easiest thing in practice, but really, in a perfect world, I think that's exactly what would happen. Or maybe we all just wear a little pin on our shirts, like you do at certain jobs, just ours would identify how we identify. *heh*

Platy

a. see trans person

b.
SKNVfD9.png

alstein

Long time lurker, but I need some advice.

Many years ago, out of ignorance not maliciousness, I worry I might have hounded someone who was tg and been bad towards them. I really don't know if or how I was negative, but I don't know if I was, and I've wanted to apologize for years, since I was ignorant.

I believe I've found the person on twitter- not 100% sure, but about 98% sure (it has been over 10 years). Did follow them on Twitter, and really want to say I'm sorry- not sure I know the words. I'd understand if they denied being the old identity, or didn't want anything to do with me, but I just want to say the right words- if there are any. I wouldn't be shocked if there weren't any. I doubt this person knows who I am, I might be some random strange, I don't want ask publicly for obvious reasons. I really hope I can make it right.

This is something that has eaten at my conscience for years, especially now that I have gained some understanding (I won't say I was deliberately hostile- though I did use hostile words not knowing they were hostile)

destrudo

My BF is pretty much in your position, all of my friends even can be put in that position where they understand but can't comprehend it. When they notice I'm depressed it usually is my dysphoria, they let me vent if I'm comfortable about it and listen. I think that's the best thing and relieves some of the stress. They do tell me it's okay for me to vent if I need to, but still feels like I'd be putting them through something they don't want to deal with since it is a constant thing in the back of my head. I'd say if you like her, just be there for her and make her feel as safe as possible. I think it would be nice to not feel afraid to talk about why bothers you with someone instead of alone. Can't say that's how she feels, but it's lonely to have to avoid talking about something that tears at your very being because you know you're in a unique problem that nobody really knows how to console.

Thanks for the advice!

lexi

Banned
Long time lurker, but I need some advice.

Many years ago, out of ignorance not maliciousness, I worry I might have hounded someone who was tg and been bad towards them. I really don't know if or how I was negative, but I don't know if I was, and I've wanted to apologize for years, since I was ignorant.

I believe I've found the person on twitter- not 100% sure, but about 98% sure (it has been over 10 years). Did follow them on Twitter, and really want to say I'm sorry- not sure I know the words. I'd understand if they denied being the old identity, or didn't want anything to do with me, but I just want to say the right words- if there are any. I wouldn't be shocked if there weren't any. I doubt this person knows who I am, I might be some random strange, I don't want ask publicly for obvious reasons. I really hope I can make it right.

This is something that has eaten at my conscience for years, especially now that I have gained some understanding (I won't say I was deliberately hostile- though I did use hostile words not knowing they were hostile)

I don't think it has to be too complicated. Simple and concise I appreciate the most. 'I said some things to you many years ago that I now regret' etc etc.

Anastasia

I don't think it has to be too complicated. Simple and concise I appreciate the most. 'I said some things to you many years ago that I now regret' etc etc.

This is the approach I would take as well. It is best not to overcomplicate your message, especially when keeping in mind how long it has been.

alstein

Turned out she wasn't mad at all, she just disappeared. Realized who I was immediately as well.

She's doing well, and I'm glad.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So I had a job interview today.

And I spent the whole thing being mis-gendered.

The guy shouldn't have even known I'm transgendered.

...I'm not taking that job if an offer comes.

mollipen

Like, you could tell he was purposefully misgendering you? Or he was just oblivious?

Also, congrats Butterfly!

paile

Banned

A lot goes into passing, not just appearance but voice, movement, mannerisms etc. Gender expression is one big complex act that has to come together just right. Can take some time to learn; and everyone does learn gender. Whether they grow up learning it or they change gender and have to learn a new one that, at first, seems quite alien. Everyone also grows up perceiving gender and if one little thing is off it might clue them in regarding passibility.

At any rate, I wouldn't take the job either. The guy sounds like a right douche to me. I mean I'm quasi-passible at the moment, but even when I figure I'm read I really don't seem to be encountering much mis-gendering at all anymore. Most seem to have a basic respect in that regard.

Voice in particular I think is a very big thing and it is hard because to spend your whole life talking like a guy then trying to project a girl's voice to the world is not easy. I found it very hard at first. I was quite good (at times) practicing by myself, but in public it just fell apart by and large. It was a confidence thing more than an ability thing. I think for anyone looking to transition though, putting in the hard yards for your voice is a very important step that cannot come early enough. It's one of the first things anyone looking to transition should be doing. Voice, voice fucking voice.

Because I did put that effort in, my voice is getting better all the time. Some trans people I've encountered seem to make no effort whatsoever; and it baffles me as much as it must baffle cis-gendered people. They seem to completely pass visually, then they open their mouths and you can just tell they said 'fuck it' early on, gave up completely basically, and decided to sit back until they get that voice box job done.

Zelias

Banned
A lot goes into passing, not just appearance but voice, movement, mannerisms etc. Gender expression is one big complex act that has to come together just right. Can take some time to learn; and everyone does learn gender. Whether they grow up learning it or they change gender and have to learn a new one that, at first, seems quite alien. Everyone also grows up perceiving gender and if one little thing is off it might clue them in regarding passibility.

At any rate, I wouldn't take the job either. The guy sounds like a right douche to me. I mean I'm quasi-passible at the moment, but even when I figure I'm read I really don't seem to be encountering much mis-gendering at all anymore. Most seem to have a basic respect in that regard.

Voice in particular I think is a very big thing and it is hard because to spend your whole life talking like a guy then trying to project a girl's voice to the world is not easy. I found it very hard at first. I was quite good (at times) practicing by myself, but in public it just fell apart by and large. It was a confidence thing more than an ability thing. I think for anyone looking to transition though, putting in the hard yards for your voice is a very important step that cannot come early enough. It's one of the first things anyone looking to transition should be doing. Voice, voice fucking voice.

Because I did put that effort in, my voice is getting better all the time. Some trans people I've encountered seem to make no effort whatsoever; and it baffles me as much as it must baffle cis-gendered people. They seem to completely pass visually, then they open their mouths and you can just tell they said 'fuck it' early on, gave up completely basically, and decided to sit back until they get that voice box job done.
Yeah, I'm very very early into my transition (I have no real 'girl mode' as of yet) and I'm practicing my voice every day, but it is frustrating. Friends who I'm out to say my voice is getting lighter and softer, but I know I've still got a long way to go yet. And confidence, or indeed my general emotional state, is a big thing for me right now. It has to be done though, don't really see a point in passing visually if I then open my mouth and ruin it.

Amalthea

Banned
I wonder how many people take lessons at a professional speech therapist. I didn't really feel like I could just train my voice with the advice from the net so I went to one and it worked miracles.
I also noticed that my voice seemed to fall apart in public but then it turned out that people still tought that I sound female.

Hop

Like, you could tell he was purposefully misgendering you? Or he was just oblivious?

I'm not positive, but it felt like it was a conscious move. I was definitely presenting as female (down to a Wonderbra for additional kinda-boob). Either he somehow found out I'm trans and decided to disregard my gender presentation as a result, or he didn't know I'm trans, saw a somewhat mannish woman, and therefore went ahead with male pronouns. Don't really know which would be worse.

I wonder how many people take lessons at a professional speech therapist. I didn't really feel like I could just train my voice with the advice from the net so I went to one and it worked miracles.
I also noticed that my voice seemed to fall apart in public but then it turned out that people still tought that I sound female.

I've been wanting to, if I can set aside a bit of money. I know there's a speech therapist nearby that specifically advertises working with trans patients.

mollipen

Well, shidoshi has officially moved on to step two of being a druggie: today is my first day on T-blockers. I have an appointment for April to get onto my second 3-month supply of estrogen + start on progesterone.

As for voice, I've spent my entire life being gendered as female when talking on the phone or other audio-only situations like podcasts. So, I just need to get better about not kicking into "try to sound like a dude" voice in public. *heh*

Reishiki

Banned
I made a big step today too.

I went for a proper trip outside while presenting female, rather than the walks I've done home from my TG group during the evening (Past 9pm). Even went in to my local GP surgery to book an appointment and stopped off at a pharmacy on the way back home to buy some of my first makeup.

My partner told me later that he only counted two double-takes by members of the public. In the spirit of self reflection, there are a couple of things I know I need to work on besides voice;

- Poise. My attempts to avoid eye-contact made me look like I was slouching. I really need to develop some sort of purposeful stride, but I feel this will be easier after starting HRT.

- I still need some more appropriate footwear. My catshoes are -really- informal and prety damn childish, and my trainers are just really masculine looking. I need some boots or something sharpish.

My appointment with the local psych is in a couple of days too.

mollipen

- Poise. My attempts to avoid eye-contact made me look like I was slouching. I really need to develop some sort of purposeful stride, but I feel this will be easier after starting HRT.

- I still need some more appropriate footwear. My catshoes are -really- informal and prety damn childish, and my trainers are just really masculine looking. I need some boots or something sharpish.

Something I've learned is that these can go hand-in-hand. I bought some shoes with a nice big heel on them in Harajuku when I was there last year, and I simply can't help but have some fierce in my stride when I wear them. *laughs* You need some footwear like that that'll almost force you to have a little more style in how you walk.

Reishiki

Banned
Something I've learned is that these can go hand-in-hand. I bought some shoes with a nice big heel on them in Harajuku when I was there last year, and I simply can't help but have some fierce in my stride when I wear them. *laughs* You need some footwear like that that'll almost force you to have a little more style in how you walk.

Sadly, I'm not a huge fan of heels.

I'm already six foot two and I really don't feel like making myself appear taller. I kinda wish I was shorter, really.

That said, I don't mind smaller heels on feminine boots, I just need to find some in size 12.

Hop

Sadly, I'm not a huge fan of heels.

I'm already six foot two and I really don't feel like making myself appear taller. I kinda wish I was shorter, really.

That said, I don't mind smaller heels on feminine boots, I just need to find some in size 12.

*tall girl high-five!*

So my roommate came out as trans. She had a therapist visit today.

Apparently the therapist was surprised she hadn't tried to transition already, she's such a girl.

So, y'know, good for her. She's getting started with an endo fairly soon. (And hopefully she'll force me to get back in touch with one... :x)

Platy

I always find kinda weird that the most stereotype the girl is, the easiest is to go in the process.

It should be kinda the opposite, since it is so easy for a girly gay man be called left and right "you are such a girl" ...and if the manly of the manly "dudes" says she is a girl, than she sure must be because where would she take this idea from ?

Zelias

Banned
Woo, had a consultation for laser on my facial hair today, and first session is in a week if the test patch goes ok. Really glad about this, it really doesn't take me long to grow a beard and I have permanent shadow so I want rid of as much of it as possible. And it's a nice feeling to be doing something to aid my transition while I'm still at the beginning of the hell known as NHS waiting lists...

On the femininity thing, I actually asked my parents when I came out to them if they'd ever noticed anything feminine about me. Apparently they hadn't. I wasn't that surprised, to be honest.

Regarding the feminininininity thing, I remember before I realized I was trans (which I think was when I was like 14 or so, may have been 15) people online always thought I was a girl based upon the way I acted. (They also thought I must have been much older than I was because of how mature I tended to act back then)

Ironically now some people admit they thought I was a boy based upon the way I act online, although I don't think I act any different. Although I am a bit blunt. (Although on the other hand, some people who don't know if I'm a boy or girl still choose girl based on the way I act online)

I think I just confuse people.

paile

Banned
Woo, had a consultation for laser on my facial hair today, and first session is in a week if the test patch goes ok. Really glad about this, it really doesn't take me long to grow a beard and I have permanent shadow so I want rid of as much of it as possible.

Hope laser works for you, never did for me on the face :(

It's taken 70 hours of electrolysis to rid my face of facial hair. Nothing really left now. Few more sessions and the gruelling fun time is over with for good. I estimate I've spent a good 7 grand at least on facial hair removal.

One of the worst parts of the whole process.

iirate

Hope laser works for you, never did for me on the face :(

It's taken 70 hours of electrolysis to rid my face of facial hair. Nothing really left now. Few more sessions and the gruelling fun time is over with for good. I estimate I've spent a good 7 grand at least on facial hair removal.

One of the worst parts of the whole process.

I've completely transitioned socially, have been on HRT for over a year and a half, and still can't afford hair removal. There is nothing more frustrating than having to shave and cover up the remaining shadow each morning before I feel like being seen by others.

Top Bottom