• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Mistel

Banned
Well I have relatively large breasts so I don't know how it would be if you're smaller but um... it's like wearing some weird vest that holds my boobies up. It feels a bit weird though because I'm not used to wearing anything other than a t-shirt up top. But now my boobs look AWESOME
Oh so it's like a corset then it uplifts your bust to make it look better.

I think I'd probably look better with something smaller personally like 34B's but I'm got going to complain if they are bigger I'll just be happy that I've got my own.

Zelias

Banned
I'm not Trans, and I have no plans to have gender reassignment surgery, but I wish I was female and think of myself as female, do I belong here Transgaf?
I'm not going to tell you if you're trans or not, only you really know that, but how do you reconcile 'I wish I was female and think of myself as female' with 'I'm not trans'? I'm genuinely curious.

And not every transgender person has surgery. Sure, it's a goal for many (including myself, eventually), but it's by no means necessary to be trans.

At any rate, not that I'm any kind of authority here, but I think you're more than welcome to post here.

Hollycat

I'm not going to tell you if you're trans or not, only you really know that, but how do you reconcile 'I wish I was female and think of myself as female' with 'I'm not trans'? I'm genuinely curious.

And not every transgender person has surgery. Sure, it's a goal for many (including myself, eventually), but it's by no means necessary to be trans.

At any rate, not that I'm any kind of authority here, but I think you're more than welcome to post here.

Then perhaps I've misunderstood what it means to be a transexual. I thought it referred to being in the process or completely gender reassigned.

I thank you for your welcome. Maybe I'll figure something out here.

Anastasia

I'm not Trans, and I have no plans to have gender reassignment surgery, but I wish I was female and think of myself as female, do I belong here Transgaf?

Welcome Chie! You don't have to be trans to post here.

I'm also not going to say whether or not you're trans, but it does kind of sound like you have some conflict between your gender sex and gender identity. Aside from many of the posts in this thread, this one has a lot of very helpful information and is worth checking out too.

Also if you ever want to talk about things more privately there is the IRC channel which a number of posters here will happily give you the information for.

Hollycat

I'm also not going to say whether or not you're trans, but it does kind of sound like you have some conflict between your gender sex and gender identity. Aside from many of the posts in this thread, this one has a lot of very helpful information and is worth checking out too.

Also if you ever want to talk about things more privately there is the IRC channel which a number of posters here will happily give you the information for.

Thank you

Platy

Then perhaps I've misunderstood what it means to be a transexual. I thought it referred to being in the process or completely gender reassigned.

By what I remember reading your posts (dna change or something), it looks like you are more on the side of most transmen I knew personaly ....

They kinda want the surgery, but science has not evolved enoght for they feel like an actual alternative

Also, changing your DNA post puberty will probably have praticaly the same effect as hormone threrapy =P

Zelias

Banned

I think that's one definition of transsexual, although honestly I prefer the term transgender anyway. At any rate, if you feel your gender identity doesn't match what you were assigned at birth, you're probably transgender.

For reference, I'm not yet on hormones or anything, I only came out to myself in January, so IRL I still present as male out of necessity and probably will do for quite a while yet. I'm still trans :p

I didn't realise there was a transgaf channel! Could always use another IRC to idle (and occasionally participate) in :p

I'll PM you.

Hollycat

I think that's one definition of transsexual, although honestly I prefer the term transgender anyway. At any rate, if you feel your gender identity doesn't match what you were assigned at birth, you're probably transgender.

For reference, I'm not yet on hormones or anything, I only came out to myself in January, so IRL I still present as male out of necessity and probably will do for quite a while yet. I'm still trans :p

I didn't realise there was a transgaf channel! Could always use another IRC to idle (and occasionally participate) in :p

I'll PM you.
I think I like the term Transgender better as well. I don't think I'll start calling myself that though, at least not yet.

PowderedToast

this is me. although I do consider myself transgendered. good luck with whatever conclusion you do come to.

hi transgaf, I've posted here a handful of times when I became aware of my gender dysmorphia but that was a while ago. it's stronger than ever now. feeling quite low and need friends who have a bit more experience with my situation
:-(

Mistel

Banned
Well be happy to help you feel better if you like us too? Coming to terms with my dysphoria after lying about it to myself for so long was an experience that I don't regret as I know I can get treatment. So I can match the person that I am with her desired outward appearance hopefully in the near future.

I might be a bit younger than some of the other girls and boys in the thread though at 17. So I can't help with somethings as much as I'd like to. If you want to talk privately check Kathryn's post a little way up for the IRC channel.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It just gets better and better.

Transgaf IOT2I Stormtrooper flirts with everyone

I hope estrogen doesn't do too much to my libido as I hopefully start once I'm 18 maybe, the earlier it happens the better.

That used to be my job! And the libido going down-age will be up to the gods of sexdom.

Tenumi

Banned
It's been a while, but I think I'm starting to learn more about myself now...

I'm finding that its when I'm more stressed, tired, etc, my mind tends to get muddled, cloudy. That's when the feeling of dysphoria perks up and really gets on my mind. That's when I feel most strongest towards feeling like I should be a girl.

But, I also have times where my mind is crisp, clear, I'm happy, and I feel no dysphoria at all. I feel like I'm me, I'm male, and I'm happy that way.

My issue has been that I can't figure out my own beliefs. Meaning, I can't say that either side is incorrect. Rather, in a way, they both are correct. They both are me. I can feel happy towards both sides.

Amalthea

Banned
Speaking of Transgender Visibility Day.
I finally came out to a familiy member other than my parents and sister. I have long tried to tell my uncle but was always afraid. It's also a complete coincidence that it happened on the 31st of march. Luckily he was completely understanding unlike his big sister (If you can guess who I mean.
my mom
).

Kinsei

Banned
Nothing really, just realize my grandfather really doesn't care about me being transgender and won't take me to a therapist or anything like that.

God I can't wait till I can move out.

I know that feeling. I'm hoping to move out and start seeing a therapist by the end of the year. I recently got a new job that pays well, so hopefully nothing goes horribly wrong.

I was helping someone run pre-school today (They were short staffed and I live nearby so they called and asked for my help), and now I really want a child. I've always wanted to adopt, but being around those kids just made that feeling even stronger.

Platy

They can measure estrogen in your blood ... but that would only show the 4mg and that you don't need to know with a blood test.

What you WANT to know is how much your body is absorbing it ... and there isn't an easy way to know.

It is considerably common for doctors to start slow and increase the dose as they go so that the body get used to it fully before increasing

Platy

The munchies are probably a joke .... but it feels real because the metabolism goes much slower than usual because of the lack of testosterone, and this includes the digestive system

So it takes more time for you to NOTICE that you are satisfied

...and chocolate

Sibylus

Banned
The munchies are probably a joke .... but it feels real because the metabolism goes much slower than usual because of the lack of testosterone, and this includes the digestive system

So it takes more time for you to NOTICE that you are satisfied

...and chocolate
Whether it's munchies or a slower metabolism, I've been eating like a maniac and not once have I felt stuffed. Subsisted on a hell of a lot less food before HRT, lol.

Top Bottom