• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Amalthea

Banned
Salad-you-hilarious-mothafucka.jpg

That's how!

Mistel

Banned
I feel bad that I don't get hungry really I can not eat for ages. But when I do it eat I can eat a lot like 3 or 4 apples at once. I just eat like all of the fruit at home apart from melons which are yucky.

Platy

which reminds me ....

this week a nurse that did the injection for me looked at the date of the prescription and said "you are 2 days late ... did you had unprotected sex ?"
And I was like .... "lol no not even protected =(" and then I realise that the injection is birth control method ....

And I was like ... weird how people don't even see some things (like my ID name on the precription) when they are sure what they are seeing...

Amalthea

Banned
which reminds me ....

this week a nurse that did the injection for me looked at the date of the prescription and said "you are 2 days late ... did you had unprotected sex ?"
And I was like .... "lol no not even protected =(" and then I realise that the injection is birth control method ....

And I was like ... weird how people don't even see some things (like my ID name on the precription) when they are sure what they are seeing...
That's pretty cute in a way but yeah, people will often think of any other possibility before coming to the
conclusion that the person in front of them is trans.

Edit: @Lin: Just stay strong honey!

Hello, TransGAF! :) Long time lurker, finally got an account. I've been wanting to make an introduction post here forever! My name is Erin Susan Jennings, I'm a public activist, classic/handheld gamer, wannabe musician, and voluptuous sexpot who identifies as a somewhat gender non-conforming trans-feminine trans woman.

These days, my presentation ranges from kinda-butch to sorta-femme. I don't wear makeup, style my hair, or shave my legs, most of my clothes are pretty casual, subdued, and androgynous. I certainly intend to never own a bra. Sometimes I even enjoy wearing men's clothes--button-ups, khakis, shoes. I'm thankful and fortunate that at this point in my life, being so queer with my presentation doesn't cause me to be misgendered. It's been just over 3 years since I came out of the closet and began my transition, and almost 3 years since I started HRT. My shape and appearance have changed dramatically with nothing but estradiol and spiro, I even ended up with full, gorgeous 46DD breasts. I couldn't be happier with my transition and exist in society with full confidence in myself.

Since 2012, I've been actively participating in the transgender activism community, doing things like lobbying legislators for basic human rights, giving speeches at transgender events, and sitting on planning committees with local transgender organizations as well as HIV/AIDS awareness/testing groups focused on people of color and transgender individuals. About a year ago, I hooked up with a direct action group called GetEQUAL who shared a lot of the same values as I, and over the summer we worked together on some incredible actions in support of positive equality legislation, specifically for employment non-discrimination rights. Along with other passionate activists, including trans guy Koby Ozias, we conducted a sit-in inside the office of Texas State Senator Bob Deuell, (allegedly) blocked traffic in front of the Texas state capital during rush hour, and held a sit-in inside of and outside of Speaker of the House John Boehner's office in the House of Representatives in DC.

The autumn saw more of a local focus, when years of efforts culminated in the success of a fully trans-inclusive non-discrimination ordinance in the 7th largest city in the US: San Antonio, TX. In January, I participated in an incredible national training with about 35 other passionate activists from around the world, primarily young, almost entirely queer, sometimes trans*, and often people of color. Those 4 sleepless days and nights at 'queer camp' were a high point in my life, and gave me great hope for the future of queer liberation. Outside of trans* stuff, I put a lot of time and energy into women's rights and gender equality activism, including topfree equality (link NSFW, contains a gallery of pictures of topless activists including myself marching in Austin, TX).

When I'm not engaged with community organizing, I spend a lot of time with my DS, 3DS, and collection of old PC games, playing guitars and keyboards and attempting to write something like music with them, spending quality time with my partner, and writing about the things that interest me.

I just want to say that you've all been a great inspiration to me, reading about your own experiences and transitions all this time. Your voices mean a lot, and I can only imagine how many more trans* folk there are who lurk this thread and wish they could post.

Dai101

Banned
Lin, girl. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I have a huge smile now

id0aw7sYKvzgD.gif

i don't know why but reading all that just maked me feel all warm and fuzzy. Really glad that you are in good terms with your momma and daddy.

Welcome to the thread, Erin! Happy as hell for you, Lin :D

:3 Why, thank you!

On the subject of being trans in Texas, I was scared as hell to return to the state I grew up in after I'd begun my transition, but in the end, I feel a lot more comfortable and safe here than I did living in Baltimore or Detroit during my first year or so. Of course, after returning to Texas in 2012, the white half of my family shunned me... but I consider that an improvement :p

Lyncei

Banned
:3 Why, thank you!

On the subject of being trans in Texas, I was scared as hell to return to the state I grew up in after I'd begun my transition, but in the end, I feel a lot more comfortable and safe here than I did living in Baltimore or Detroit during my first year or so. Of course, after returning to Texas in 2012, the white half of my family shunned me... but I consider that an improvement :p

I've actually been hearing a lot of good things about Texas lately. At least in the urban sector things really seem to be getting more progressive! That's good to hear for you though. Glad you're alright. c:

Texas is the state with the most migration, highest population iirc in U.S , and with largest economic growth and growing cities. Now if only it would become less...silly.

iirate

Are all of you literally from Texas?

Pretty much.

I've actually been hearing a lot of good things about Texas lately. At least in the urban sector things really seem to be getting more progressive! That's good to hear for you though. Glad you're alright. c:
Having lived in North Texas most of my life, I will say that my coming out was about as painless as I've heard them come. I had a small handful of people that I didn't know very well to start de-friend me on Facebook, and I have a small portion of my family that is accepting of me, but still in mourning. I had absolutely zero outright negative reactions.

Funnily enough, I was actually working a pizza job with two other trans women at one point, and none of us knew one another before starting there, and we all were closeted at the time we were employed.

There must be something in the water here(...or I was transitioning in a college town. It was one of those things.).

Lyncei

Banned
Pretty much.

Having lived in North Texas most of my life, I will say that my coming out was about as painless as I've heard them come. I had a small handful of people that I didn't know very well to start de-friend me on Facebook, and I have a small portion of my family that is accepting of me, but still in mourning. I had absolutely zero outright negative reactions.

Funnily enough, I was actually working a pizza job with two other trans women at one point, and none of us knew one another before starting there, and we all were closeted at the time we were employed.

There must be something in the water here(...or I was transitioning in a college town. It was one of those things.).

Or being trans is actually a way more common thing than people were previously comfortable admitting! Up until recently being alternative in any fashion was for the most part punishable by death or at least ostracization. Now people are getting more comfortable, and more willing to explore themselves. Things are changing~

<3 So happy to see all the Texas love! I grew up in a small town in Cuero, left Texas for 'bout a decade, and came back a couple of years ago to San Antonio.

Texas has a movement in it, y'all are going to be surprised at some of the civil rights advancements we're making and have recently made.

Lyncei

Banned
Yeah I've heard a lot of...not great...things about that place. >0>

I live in New England. Its pretty accepting of most things but its getting way too expensive to live here. Dunno if I'm gonna have to move someday or not.

Lyncei

Banned
Idk, I think I'd only jump ship on the country if the economy really collapsed completely. Who knows, maybe it will?

Besides if I moved to Montreal I'd be closer to 2BF, and I dunno if the creepy fangirl in me could contain herself if I was that close @u@

Anastasia

Welcome Erin!

Are all of you literally from Texas?

Not me (I live in North Carolina, originally from NY), but I would move to Texas right now if I could.

my (late) uncle lived in texas

i wanna move anywhere but florida

Now this is good advice. The only part of Florida I will ever go back to is Key West, but that's totally different from the rest of Florida so it doesn't count. :p

I'd rather go to Ireland that accent... One of the highest numbers of redheads in the population too

Maybe it's the Irish side of me, but I've always dreamt of going to Ireland. It looks like such a beautiful place.

I used to have some redness in my hair (even had freckles too), but my hair eventually became dark brown, and the freckles completely went away. Still have some strands of redness in there though.

Mistel

Banned
Not me (I live in North Carolina, originally from NY), but I would move to Texas right now if I could.
So what's so appealing about Texas? Ireland sure is a beautiful place.
I used to have some redness in my hair (even had freckles too), but my hair eventually became dark brown, and the freckles completely went away. Still have some strands of redness in there though.
vader.jpg

Unless you don't like them of course mine are like pretty much everywhere already, I wouldn't mind some more.
I've been! I loved the hell out of that trip <3 The accent started to rub off on me by the time I went home. :D
It's only a boat or a short flight away so I'm thinking why not really it's going to be fun to travel and explore.

Anastasia

So what's so appealing about Texas? Ireland sure is a beautiful place.

In my case, it's so I can be with my girlfriend, InfiniteNine. :eek:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg
Unless you don't like them of course mine are like pretty much everywhere already, I wouldn't mind some more.

I used to hate them as a kid and wished for them to go away. So I got my wish. But I kind of miss them now.

Wouldn't mind adding some red to my hair though.

Top Bottom