• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

when i wear men's clohtes i look like a man :(

when i wear women's clothes, i look like a man wearing women's clothes :(

:( Wanna trade? I find my passing privilege somewhat annoying, as one of my goals is to be a visible trans* individual. And, yes, I realize that's an absolutely silly, insensitive thing to be unhappy about. I've been spending the last two years trying to come to terms with it--I want all of my trans*, non-binary, and gender non-conforming friends to be treated as well as I am.

I'm Euro 38-39, UK 6, US 8. Lucky because here in Japan that is considered L-LL size and you won't find bigger sizes easily (if at all).
Now if only shoe availability was the biggest of my problems... >_>

:( Wanna trade? I find my passing privilege somewhat annoying, as one of my goals is to be a visible trans* individual. And, yes, I realize that's an absolutely silly, insensitive thing to be unhappy about. I've been spending the last two years trying to come to terms with it--I want all of my trans*, non-binary, and gender non-conforming friends to be treated as well as I am.
I just wish my facial hair didn't grow as muc as it does. :(

Zelias

Banned
Welp, I came out to a bunch of my closest friends over Facebook yesterday. That was a little bit terrifying. Seems to have gone well enough, though.

I just wish my facial hair didn't grow as muc as it does. :(

I was trying electrolysis for a while, but after several unaffordable septum-focused sessions, I was beginning to develop PTSD from the torturous pain. I switched to laser (much more affordable) for a while, but in the end, I've ended up settling on using a wet/dry epilator (it's easiest under a hot shower) to get myself smooth, and then a combination of plucking and epilating to maintain. After the first few days, going from full growth, one only needs spend a few minutes a day on maintenance, and you're _always_ as smooth as a baby. Also--it's significantly both cheaper and less expensive than either electrolysis and laser. Don't know how many people this happens with, but I know a lot of girls in my city who've plucked for years and had their hair simply stop growing after a while. Hope this helps--I was miserable when I still dealt with beard shadow.

Mistel

Banned
Girls with big feet rejoice:
More to enjoy right

As for passable or not I aim to be completely passable I'm quite a girly girl so I'd like to look the part then I can have all nice dresses and stuff.

My hair is nearly long enough to plat so that's a plus it just needs to grow like a lot more.

Zelias

Banned
Thanks! I think it's pretty much tripled the number of people who know, hehe. As I expected most (but not all) of the responses came from the girls in our friendship group, while a lot of the guys saw it but didn't comment/like the post. I'm taking that to mean their tacit approval, since they're fine with the other trans girl in our group. I imagine they just don't really know what to say to it, and that's fine.

It's the girls in the group whose support I'm really relying on anyway. With the guys, I want them to be on board, but they're not the people I really talk to about this or any other real personal problem. One thing I realised when I came out to myself is that I've always been closer to women than men anyway in a platonic sense.

I'm reading a cis lesbian romance novel and 200 fucking pages have passed and they haven't even kissed.
Aside from a bullshit dream sequence.
*pulls out hair* I am quickly learning to not trust popular lesbian fiction. -_- Unfortunately, the pacing isn't the only issue.

Mistel

Banned
I'm reading a cis lesbian romance novel and 200 fucking pages have passed and they haven't even kissed.
Aside from a bullshit dream sequence.
*pulls out hair* I am quickly learning to not trust popular lesbian fiction. -_-
Your reading the wrong stuff if you want hot and steamy sex I think.

Your reading the wrong stuff if you want hot and steamy sex I think.
That's not what I'm looking for either. (Well some would be nice.) I guess I should say it's a relationship focused novel (since "romance novel" = erotica). Though it is taking fucking forever to get to the relationship part.

Though this novel is as wish fulfilling, in a sense, as standard erotica. Lesbians collectively have as poor taste as any other group, I suppose. :(

Mistel

Banned
That's not what I'm looking for either. (Well some would be nice.) I guess I should say it's a relationship focused novel (since "romance novel" = erotica). Though it is taking fucking forever to get to the relationship part.
Most seems to do so it's pretty much standard for the ones I've read. It's a shame really if it picked up the pace most would be better.

Mistel

Banned
I've decided upon Viola for my name
Plant-of-the-week-Viola-D-008.jpg

I'm sure that you'll be just as suited for it as the plant. Viola is a cute name like Elise is.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks for the compliments on my name girls.

Viola is a beautiful name. For some reason I've always loved names that start with E and V.

Five

Banned
I don't know if this matters, but when I hear Viola I think of Twelfth Night (and She's the Man). Still a very beautiful name, though.

Elise and Viola are both beautiful names!

I chose Viola as my internet name just the other day! XD

Regarding my new real name, I want my parents to chose it, just as they chose my name before I was born. It might take a while though...

Amalthea

Banned
I wrote my whole family letters to come out after my uncle told me I should do this soon. They should recieve them on monday but I'm really horrified. Not only because the reactions but because I'm not sure if I wrote everything clearly enough. Like I never mention the term Transgender or Transsexual. I only mentioned gender reassignment. I also didn't use my old name anywhere in the text. At first I thought it would be clever to write it like this but now I feel like it's just confusing.

Reishiki

Banned
Well, I bought some shoes with a 2-inch heel in Size 12. Thanks for all the help, TransGAF.

As much as it'll add to my height, I hope it'll teach me some poise, I slouch too much.

tearsofash

I need your help. I'm trying to create a budget for therapy, hormones, surgery, and travel. Thinking about possibly doing a gofundme or kickstarter. Does anyone know of a good resource to find out how much things will cost?

I have a shit job, no car, and can never even afford rent. I've been in this cycle of low self-esteem for three years and have been making no headway on my transition. I feel like a failure and a fraud when I have to remind people to use female pronouns. I want to get started, and I think a budget would be a good place for that.

Perona

It's weird, this is one of the threads I joined GAF for but I forgot about it until now. Oh well, I subscribed now. Hello!

Top Bottom