• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Good luck, box of bunnies!

Well now I'm freaking out for you, so you can calm down. Good luck!

Wishing all the luck in the world. Also CHEERS!!!!!!

**where did i put the tequila..... damn... water it is

Thanks

Apparently mum's going through some stuff 'cause of a couple of uncles' health though and I don't really want to be lumping more on her right now so I'm bailing on plans for tonight.

Will probably just write a letter or something to leave at their place or something in a week or two. Kinda disappointed now that it's not happening, woulda been nice to get it out of the way, and coulda used the support if it worked out well.

Will keep the thread updated.

Dai101

Banned
Yay for Ricky ! =D

For Platy:

paluku.gif

In behalf of FGW/FGC

Alchemy

I'd avatar quote you, but I've got more confidence in you than that. You can do it!

Well I found a little courage, but I had to leave a message with my endo's nurse since no one was available. Oooooof, my stomach is doing flips.

Edit:
Endo's office called back, guess I'm looking for a new endocrinologist! Dang it.

Grakl

yeah, I doubt many people in the fgc know that ricky is trans -- I only knew after looking at her twitter, and I had to dig for it.

Platy

yeah, I doubt many people in the fgc know that ricky is trans -- I only knew after looking at her twitter, and I had to dig for it.

Yeah but one would expect that she at least would tell the EVO staff before they have sex for better treatement of her and stuffs like that

Alchemy

Well I just had a huge heart attack. I have a notebook I've been writing my thoughts and feelings in so I had an idea on stuff to discuss with my therapist, and I left it open this morning on my desk at home on a page in huge letters outing myself. Normally my wife gets home from work before me, that would have been a tiny bit awkward.

Really want to talk to her about this stuff, but I at least want to wait until after she is done visiting family this weekend.

Oh, trust me I am! I just didn't expect it to be that bad... But I've always been one who could never handle pain

First, I want to congratulate you on your first electro session. :p Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to tell you my horror story. The pain is incredible. I've got very sensitive skin, and I couldn't take it indefinitely. I did about 14 of them before I threw in the towel. The pain was unconscionable, and after it hit me that I'd have to do this every week, for two hours a session for at least 2 years, I started having the worst anxiety all throughout the week about the pain. Ended up doing a few laser sessions, which still hurt but were much shorter and had much stronger results, but now I just epilate and pluck, occasionally shave if I need to be somewhere and haven't bothered in a few days but just as often don't bother, since it grows sparsely enough. I don't think I could ever tolerate an electro session ever again. That electric probe going in your face, then JZZT JZZT JZZT DDDD:

Anura

First, I want to congratulate you on your first electro session. :p Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to tell you my horror story. The pain is incredible. I've got very sensitive skin, and I couldn't take it indefinitely. I did about 14 of them before I threw in the towel. The pain was unconscionable, and after it hit me that I'd have to do this every week, for two hours a session for at least 2 years, I started having the worst anxiety all throughout the week about the pain. Ended up doing a few laser sessions, which still hurt but were much shorter and had much stronger results, but now I just epilate and pluck, occasionally shave if I need to be somewhere and haven't bothered in a few days but just as often don't bother, since it grows sparsely enough. I don't think I could ever tolerate an electro session ever again. That electric probe going in your face, then JZZT JZZT JZZT DDDD:

I was considering other methods but I'd rather just get the pain out of the way so afterward I never have to shave again. I'm also only doing 15 min sessions right now... I don't know how you did two hours

Wow electrolysis sounds nasty.

I've been told I should get pretty good results from laser so hopefully any electro I need for cleanup will be minimal. Experience with laser so far is that it's mostly just repeated short, sharp stings really, the anticipation is as bad as the pain with it.

Dai101

Banned
And pluck a hair from under your nose, your chin and your neck.

Now think this x10

We have a joke here in Mexico that goes:

**Cual es el pelo mas largo del cuerpo?

**El de la nariz, arracate uno y te duele hasta el culo.

For those non spanish spokers:

"Which is the longest hair in your body"

"The ones in the nose, pluck one and it will hurt down to your ass"

Wow electrolysis sounds nasty.

I've been told I should get pretty good results from laser so hopefully any electro I need for cleanup will be minimal. Experience with laser so far is that it's mostly just repeated short, sharp stings really, the anticipation is as bad as the pain with it.

Definitely do laser first. I can't believe I did electro--even worse, I, well...

We have a joke here in Mexico that goes:

**Cual es el pelo mas largo del cuerpo?

**El de la nariz, arracate uno y te duele hasta el culo.

For those non spanish spokers:

"Which is the longest hair in your body"

"The ones in the nose, pluck one and it will hurt down to your ass"

;_; The electrologist spent their final 9 sessions on me working exclusively. on. my. septum. and. surrounding. area. hoooooly fuck. 1-2 hours per session. i felt like it would definitely be in violation of the geneva convention... literal PTSD :(

Amalthea

Banned
I'm kind of frustrated that my electrologist has 8 weeks holidays. Now I gotta wait for another 4 weeks for my appointment.

I hate how you have to grow your hair slightly beforehand tough. Wearing a scarf in summer looks weird but at least not as weird as having tits and a beard.

Alchemy

Out to my wife. I started the crying, she joined in, we hugged it out, had pizza and she is super supportive. Feel a lot better now.

mollipen

I've now had... *counts*... 84 hours of electrolysis. (Wow, didn't know it was that many already.)

A couple of weeks ago, I actually fell asleep during her doing the absolute most painful area (my upper lip). *laughs* It still hurts, but I think by this point I've just kind of gotten used to it. There was definitely a point where I really wanted to quit, though. Certain areas can hurt so much that you'll start crying and not even necessarily know it until you feel the tears rolling down your cheeks. Thankfully, I didn't quit, and I can absolutely see the progress.

The problem is that I had pretty thick, curly hairs on my face (can't remember if that's from being a redhead or from having curly hair or both), so progress of getting through the toughest hairs was slow.

I will also say—and I don't mean to directly contradict anybody specifically—that my electrologist said that it was good that I didn't go for laser first. That's for me specifically, but depending on your own situation, anyone who hasn't started either might get a few opinions to see which would be the better choice for them.

(And I know that laser doesn't work well for redheads, but I had enough hairs that could have worked that I could have gone that route for at least some of them.)

Out to my wife. I started the crying, she joined in, we hugged it out, had pizza and she is super supportive. Feel a lot better now.

Kind of similar to how it went for me, except we didn't have pizza. I wanted to have post-coming out pizza! *pouts*

Congrats, and good luck. Being a number of years after what you just went through, it's been both easier and harder than I thought it would be given how that initial conversation went.

Amalthea

Banned
That's so sweet.

A couple of weeks ago, I actually fell asleep during her doing the absolute most painful area (my upper lip). *laughs* It still hurts, but I think by this point I've just kind of gotten used to it. There was definitely a point where I really wanted to quit, though. Thankfully, I didn't, and I can absolutely see the progress.
I think that will happen to me too at one point since it almost did already. lol

Alchemy

Everyone here knows they're awesome right? <3

I managed to schedule my doctor's appointment to get the party started. Super nervous when calling but it is definitely getting easier.

Top Bottom