• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Beth Cyra

Well this thread has been super active lately. And here I just accused it of being on life support.
Haha a few new ladies including myself have been very chatty and the community responded....I was actually afraid quite bit to come in because I hadn't seen the thread as much before I came in.

Then again I was also nervous so maybe it was a good thing for me lol

Platy

Took way too much time for that thread to turn into the usual trans thread path.

Dax's looks did a good job of avoiding it sooner xD

iirate

For all of y'all working on your voice, get a job that puts you on the phone a lot!

I had a crummy pizza job that allowed me to work on my voice anonymously all the time. All of that practice got my voice to a point where it would help me "pass" before the rest of me got there.

Beth Cyra

Thankyemuchly.

You're very welcome Ms Dash.

For all of y'all working on your voice, get a job that puts you on the phone a lot!

I had a crummy pizza job that allowed me to work on my voice anonymously all the time. All of that practice got my voice to a point where it would help me "pass" before the rest of me got there.

Haha this is exactly what I did. In fact I work for a online Company as a Phone CSA.

Cosigned. Answering phones at a pizza joint let me get my voice worked out long before I came out. Took a couple of weeks to get used to using the same voice face-to-face after I came out, but it settled very naturally.

lexi

Banned

I pretty much did the same. Nothing like being taught how to swim by being thrown in the deep end.

Reishiki

Banned
I do have a job that requires me to be on the phone a lot, but I'm far from being anonymous, since all cases I log have my name on and I send out a lot of emails to people I speak to.

My voice is one of the things I'm super worried about.

alstein

Question for anyone here- is there any insurance in North Carolina that covers hormone therapy?

Can't find a clear answer on a quick google search.

Beth Cyra

I got my first games of Destiny in with one of ladies, and it was Sarah who is a total doll!

She even put up with butt missing the same jump 5 times and never rushed me, seriously thank you so much for the runs and the patience Sarah, I'm very glad I got to group with you.

Hopefully I can meet up wit some of us others or we can get a whole Fire Team together sometime!

Ps: Sorry I didn't have the H, I went with the pen Name like a total Ass.

Kaywee

I got my first games of Destiny in with one of ladies, and it was Sarah who is a total doll!

She even put up with butt missing the same jump 5 times and never rushed me, seriously thank you so much for the runs and the patience Sarah, I'm very glad I got to group with you.

Hopefully I can meet up wit some of us others or we can get a whole Fire Team together sometime!

Ps: Sorry I didn't have the H, I went with the pen Name like a total Ass.

Thanks Beth it was fun

It would be awesome if we had enough for a raid group or heroic strikes and I hope I get to play with more of ladies in the future..

mollipen

I have a white PS4 and Destiny waiting for me once I get back from Japan, so if people are still playing then I'm sure I'll be up for doing so sometimes.

Alchemy

Thanks Beth it was fun

It would be awesome if we had enough for a raid group or heroic strikes and I hope I get to play with more of ladies in the future..

How many do you need for a raid group? I think I'm level 16 or something right now. Almost completely finished with Venus.

Kaywee

Does this mean I should be leveling up my Sunsinger?

No one knows what the raid contains so I would just finish leveling the class you like to play instead of the one you might need. I think if we have 6 people we can figure out a strategy to beat it with what we have.

Kaywee

I have been trying to finish this one mission on Venus by myself
(the Draksis one)
, but can't. Gah ;_;

If you are really stuck just send me a message and I can help you out. I am usually just running solo or with a buddy who is really chill.

Anastasia

If you are really stuck just send me a message and I can help you out. I am usually just running solo or with a buddy who is really chill.

Thank you, I will do that. ^^ Right now I'm just grinding; I finished the first Mars mission as a level 12, but that's way under level, so I'm doing bounties and Crucible matches until I'm higher. I'm up to 14 now.

Beth Cyra

Thank you, I will do that. ^^ Right now I'm just grinding; I finished the first Mars mission as a level 12, but that's way under level, so I'm doing bounties and Crucible matches until I'm higher. I'm up to 14 now.
Hit 16 earlier. Slow going between work and family and my Trasition routunes, but I will hopefully hit 20 during my weekend.

Beth Cyra

Is this now Destiny Community or what? ○-○
Lol.no of.course not.

I'm more.then.willling.to curb all Destiny talk. I've already brought up a lot.of.my.stuff recently so I don't feel I should add more and I have been interested in how the other ladies are doing.

I.apologize.

Amalthea

Banned
Well, I'd feel good if work didn't suck so much or the SRS wasn't so far away. So I'm pretty bitchy atm.

Something I noticed is that when I feel bad, then I feel "male" again. When I was thinking about this I started to wonder if I simply misidentifyied my bad feelings and emotions as feeling male in the past. Anyone here find this could be possible?

Idk if I wrote this clearly understandable.

Beth Cyra

Well, I'd feel good if work didn't suck so much or the SRS wasn't so far away. So I'm pretty bitchy atm.

Something I noticed is that when I feel bad, then I feel "male" again. When I was thinking about this I started to wonder if I simply misidentifyied my bad feelings and emotions as feeling male in the past. Anyone here find this could be possible?

Idk if I wrote this clearly understandable.
You're not alone.

When I get angry and frustrated I find it hard to main twin certain things.

My voice for example, as well as they way I walk and even talk. They drop back into more "manly" tendencies from my past.

This is actually terrible because I'm very quick to notice it, and for me it actually makes it worse because I hate that so much, really anything to do with how I was outside my family.

It has and will again send me into some deep depressions. It makes me feel like I don't deserve to be happy as a woman because I've failed when I let myself do something similar to the I lived as a man.

Amalthea

Banned
Yes, that with the voice happens to me too.
I'm still trying to find a surefire technique to lock my new voice no matter how I feel. If I find a repeatable way I'll post it here.

iirate

So, uh, potential trigger warning:
Things have been real hard recently, y'all. My job hunt has been going on for nearly a year now, and due to the resulting financial hardship, I've been off of my meds for three months. I thought I finally had found a decent job to keep me going, but that opportunity failed last Sunday.

Watching testosterone take my body back over has been extremely difficult, and the resulting dysphoria has basically turned me into a bit of a recluse. I know how quickly HRT started changing things for me, and I know that testosterone is even more powerful, so all I've been able to do is watch it undo the last two years of HRT. Pressure has been getting to me, and I left my house around 10:30 the other night, and just kept walking. I didn't know where I was going, and I didn't even realize I was going somewhere until I was well on my way.

So, I guess walking down the middle of a road at nearly midnight in the suburbs is a good way to get a cop's attention. He said he had passed me twice and that it was unsafe out and wanted to know if I needed any help. I told him that I was fine, and that I just needed to take a walk. He then asked me if I had any identification on me, to which I responded that I didn't. He asked for my name, dob, stuff like that, and then called in a check on me. Living in Texas, changing my gender marker is prohibitively expensive, so I've never had it done, but my birth name is gender neutral. He stood beside me, repeatedly confirming "caucasian female" over his radio until I sheepishly corrected him. After doing so, he offered to drive me back home, I told him that I'd rather walk, but that I'd head straight back.

As bad as things have been, and as awkward and humiliating it was to have to correct the officer, knowing that I still passed flawlessly wearing an old t-shirt, sweats, and being off of my meds for several months somehow made things a little better. I've been in a really dark place recently, even thinking about disappearing for a while so that my friends won't continue to be burdened by my hardships, but this encounter in its own strange way has reminded me that things aren't hopeless yet.

Anastasia

Things have been real hard recently, y'all. My job hunt has been going on for nearly a year now, and due to the resulting financial hardship, I've been off of my meds for three months. I thought I finally had found a decent job to keep me going, but that opportunity failed last Sunday.

Watching testosterone take my body back over has been extremely difficult, and the resulting dysphoria has basically turned me into a bit of a recluse. I know how quickly HRT started changing things for me, and I know that testosterone is even more powerful, so all I've been able to do is watch it undo the last two years of HRT. Pressure has been getting to me, and I left my house around 10:30 the other night, and just kept walking. I didn't know where I was going, and I didn't even realize I was going somewhere until I was well on my way.

So, I guess walking down the middle of a road at nearly midnight in the suburbs is a good way to get a cop's attention. He said he had passed me twice and that it was unsafe out and wanted to know if I needed any help. I told him that I was fine, and that I just needed to take a walk. He then asked me if I had any identification on me, to which I responded that I didn't. He asked for my name, dob, stuff like that, and then called in a check on me. Living in Texas, changing my gender marker is prohibitively expensive, so I've never had it done, but my birth name is gender neutral. He stood beside me, repeatedly confirming "caucasian female" over his radio until I sheepishly corrected him. After doing so, he offered to drive me back home, I told him that I'd rather walk, but that I'd head straight back.

As bad as things have been, and as awkward and humiliating it was to have to correct the officer, knowing that I still passed flawlessly wearing an old t-shirt, sweats, and being off of my meds for several months somehow made things a little better. I've been in a really dark place recently, even thinking about disappearing for a while so that my friends won't continue to be burdened by my hardships, but this encounter in its own strange way has reminded me that things aren't hopeless yet.

I'm really sorry to hear that. :-( Testosterone is an awful thing. I also saw your post in GirlGAF, and it's important that you are still trying and your friends are there to support you. The opportunities are out there that will help you turn things around for yourself. Remember that you're not stuck like this or hopeless, and that it's a temporary obstacle. Just keep pushing forward.

If you ever need someone to chat with, I'm available here either by PM or IRC. *hugs*

Beth Cyra

I have no word really to say other then this nearly brought.tears to my eyes.....

Stil I'm very happy for you that the officer recognized you as a woman and it helped your mood some what. I really do the job situation ends up working out and your make it through this hard time.

Kinsei

Banned

I really don't know what to say, but I'll listen if you need to vent.

*Hugs*

Beth Cyra

Thanks y'all, it really means a lot to me.

I just wish there was more we could for you.

I of course am like my fellow ladies in that if you ever need someone to vent to, well I'm still relatively new to the thread, but I would be more then willing to have you vent with with me.

Anura

I'm bad at trying to cheer people up so I will just leave it at I'm rooting for you here and will have an ear waiting if you need one

iirate

iirate - What is the breakdown of costs for your monthly HRT regiment?

I self-medicate, so I've usually order in bulk to cut down on the number of orders as well as save money long-term.

Here's the breakdown with current prices:

AA: $195/200 days (29.25/month)
E: $165/140 days (35.35/month)
Progesterone: $126/150 days (25.20/month)

Top Bottom