• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Alchemy

Yeah, seriously. I'll take you to one of my electrolysis sessions Alchemy, and then you'll be happy to do laser instead.

I kinda want electrolysis but I don't think my skin can handle it :x Gonna try a few rounds of laser and just hope for the best. Just a little freaked out that the place I'm going to needed doctors clearance combined with general anxiety.

Amalthea

Banned
I kinda want electrolysis but I don't think my skin can handle it :x Gonna try a few rounds of laser and just hope for the best. Just a little freaked out that the place I'm going to needed doctors clearance combined with general anxiety.
Both procedures will cause swellings and redness.

Electro also can pop blood vessels so you can get a lot of little scabs or a hematoma.

mollipen

Both procedures will cause swellings and redness.

Electro also can pop blood vessels so you can get a lot of little scabs or a hematoma.

That's why you definitely want to make sure you find someone who knows what they're doing. A friend of mine went to someone who ended up doing damage that took a few years to repair, where as I've had absolutely no issues other than a little redness after the session (which goes away with some ice and a few hours of letting your skin calm down).

Sibylus

Banned
9/10ths of the way toward my name change, going back tomorrow to put the ball firmly in the government's court. Hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

9/10ths of the way toward my name change, going back tomorrow to put the ball firmly in the government's court. Hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

268291_o.gif

Congratulations!!

Alchemy

Woooo! I'm super afraid of having to deal with changing all my accounts over once I get my name changed, doctor said he would have all the papers I'd need for it when I have my follow up in April >.>

Reishiki

Banned
My consultant has consented me to begin treatment, but due to an odd result regarding my liver on my last blood test, they want my local doctor to rerun a blood test and check to make sure I don't have anything serious before writing out the slip for oestrogen patches.

Also, it turns out I've been running low on T for twelve years.

Amalthea

Banned
My consultant has consented me to begin treatment, but due to an odd result regarding my liver on my last blood test, they want my local doctor to rerun a blood test and check to make sure I don't have anything serious before writing out the slip for oestrogen patches.

Also, it turns out I've been running low on T for twelve years.
Can they really check your hormone levels over a decade into the past?

Reishiki

Banned
Can they really check your hormone levels over a decade into the past?

I had chemotherapy twelve years ago that rendered me permanently infertile.

While I don't have any hormone level tests from that period, I do have several failed fertility tests over a number of years. Me being low on T for that period seems to line up with the results of the chemo, at least.

Amalthea

Banned
I had chemotherapy twelve years ago that rendered me permanently infertile.

While I don't have any hormone level tests from that period, I do have several failed fertility tests over a number of years. Me being low on T for that period seems to line up with the results of the chemo, at least.
Oh, I see.

Alchemy

Whelp, gonna try to #JamForLeelah tomorrow and see what I end up with. I'm super worried about making a meaningful game though and fear I'll just keep throwing out stuff I work on.

I'm so sick of going out to the mall and being judged.

Constantly called a faggot, laughed at and girls judging me shopping in "their" stores.

Just annoyed and frustrated with humans

I don't know how you girls don't break.
Once I feel comfortable in my body I won't care, I just worry to much.

Beth Cyra

Constantly called a faggot, laughed at and girls judging me shopping in "their" stores.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I get weird looks and I have my problems here and there but my personality has always been that I hate other humans around me and don't care what they think.

Since I came out I'm much kinder and softer according to people but I still have that shield that I bring up and it gets me through without to much of a problem when I don't have my SO with me.

mollipen

Where do you live again?

That's one of the nice things about LA. Combine people having enough going on in the city that they don't need to fill their time worrying about other people's lives with people actually being exposed to diversity on a regular basis, and you've got a situation where people don't give a crap what you're doing unless it's something totally crazy.

Where do you live again?

That's one of the nice things about LA. Combine people having enough going on in the city that they don't need to fill their time worrying about other people's lives with people actually being exposed to diversity on a regular basis, and you've got a situation where people don't give a crap what you're doing unless it's something totally crazy.
Ontario, Canada

I'm really sorry to hear about that :(

Honestly I do some of my shopping online since I usually already know what I'm looking for and even when it comes to clothes I just go by measurements instead of "sizes".

That just really pisses me off. If I was there by your side, I would have said so many things to them.. I really despise people who do such things.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Icey.

Anura

I'm still petrified at going out like that... You have so much courage for doing that and that's crazy admirable. Forget those losers!

Also grats to all the events I missed, lol. You girls have been busy

That just really pisses me off. If I was there by your side, I would have said so many things to them.. I really despise people who do such things.

Hi batty <3. Play smash with me.

I'm really sorry to hear about that :(

Honestly I do some of my shopping online since I usually already know what I'm looking for and even when it comes to clothes I just go by measurements instead of "sizes".
That's what I try to do, but I like to browse as well ):

Batty<3
Thanks, I'd love it if someone would protect me like that in public.

I developed a "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

Dai101

Banned

Just take your "MEVALEVERGA" pills (also kown as "IDONTGIVEAFUCK") and do your stuff, who cares what those losers think? Just don't pay attention to them and leave them being lonely, sacks of filth.

Be strong girl!! Remember that there are people that appreciate and love you just like you are ;-)

I developed a "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

That's the spirit!!

Alchemy

Laser treatment one in the books. My face is a bit stingy but it wasn't that bad. The weirdest part is the smell of something burning. Now to roll around and hope all my facial hair falls off :x

Laser treatment one in the books. My face is a bit stingy but it wasn't that bad. The weirdest part is the smell of something burning. Now to roll around and hope all my facial hair falls off :x

Congratulations!

It'll take a while for that to happen if I remember right but you remind me I need to call this place and set up my stuff as well.

Rajack

Well it seems that Lexi's brother has commandeered her Steam account; he just went on a massive transphobic tirade against me because I left a message for her congratulating her on getting srs. He called me a number of ugly things and threatened my life. Lexi, if you're okay please let us know.

Dai101

Banned
Well it seems that Lexi's brother has commandeered her Steam account; he just went on a massive transphobic tirade against me because I left a message for her congratulating her for getting srs. He called me a number of ugly things and threatened my life. Lexi, if you're okay please let us know.

WTF? Damn, i hope shes ok.

I'm coming up on two years of electrolysis this April. So I don't want to hear any of laser people bitching!

Grats, My ex had about 2-3 years of electro too, it was pretty much the thing she dreaded the most, but the results were great.

Well it seems that Lexi's brother has commandeered her Steam account; he just went on a massive transphobic tirade against me because I left a message for her congratulating her on getting srs. He called me a number of ugly things and threatened my life. Lexi, if you're okay please let us know.

Yikes, that's messed up. So crappy to hear when the Family can't deal with it you hear stuff like this =/

Platy

Wtf o_O

lexi

Banned

I feel sick. I am so sorry you had to deal with that, he has been staying at my place 'taking care of the cats' since I've been away, but has decided to help himself to my computer, my room, and apparently insulting and demeaning my friends. I'm so sorry I can't even express my anger and sorrow at this point.

I leave tomorrow. I'm still in Thailand.

As tough as it is, are you able to PM me the conversation? I need to see what he said and show it to my mum to ensure he's never allowed in the house again.

Rajack

I feel sick. I am so sorry you had to deal with that, he has been staying at my place 'taking care of the cats' since I've been away, but has decided to help himself to my computer, my room, and apparently insulting and demeaning my friends. I'm so sorry I can't even express my anger and sorrow at this point.

I leave tomorrow. I'm still in Thailand.

As tough as it is, are you able to PM me the conversation? I need to see what he said and show it to my mum to ensure he's never allowed in the house again.

Sure thing Lexi, I'm so sorry this happened. I never should have responded to him in the first place. I'm really thinking about going to the authorities with this conversation because its left me so unnerved.

lexi

Banned
Sure thing Lexi, I'm so sorry this happened. I never should have responded to him in the first place. I'm really thinking about going to the authorities with this conversation because its left me so unnerved.

It has me extremely disturbed too. I don't know what to do.

lexi

Banned
That transcript was some dark shit. I don't blame you for wanting to contact the authorities -- and I'm not saying 'don't' but at this stage I really just want to secure a passage to get him out of my life, [redacted]

Yes, I have a fucked up family.

Rajack

That transcript was some dark shit. I don't blame you for wanting to contact the authorities -- and I'm not saying 'don't' but at this stage I really just want to secure a passage to get him out of my life, [redacted]

Yes, I have a fucked up family.

We can talk about it some more when you get home and get rested Lexi. In private of course.

Top Bottom