• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Beth Cyra

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I didn't chose the free boob-job. My right arm still hurts plenty as it is.
Yeah after two days of a lot of pain I certainly won't contest this stance.

Granted I'm happy I did it, I've a lot wanted a large chest given my size and I do want to play and tease my spouse so I'm happy over all.

The worst part may actually be the medication. It gives such heavy nausea and vertigo that I can barely function and need to sleep constantly.

Amalthea

Banned
Yeah after two days of a lot of pain I certainly won't contest this stance.

Granted I'm happy I did it, I've a lot wanted a large chest given my size and I do want to play and tease my spouse so I'm happy over all.

The worst part may actually be the medication. It gives such heavy nausea and vertigo that I can barely function and need to sleep constantly.
Try to relax. You gotta have time to heal, especially in the first few days.

Platy

I'm trying. When I haven't been sleeping I've been trying to finish up blood borne, it just hurts way to much to move around my upper body and significant amount.

Have you looked at some Gigi Gorgeous videos ?

She has lots of breast surgery videos talking about what happened to her in each time ... so it might be helpfull

mollipen

Old friends getting flustered by my breasts, and random dudes hitting on me when I'm out and about. I'm having way too much fun with my life right now.

Also, man, passibility is awesome. I know some people get bothered by all of that, but it was an important thing for me, and I'm already at a point of almost forgetting that was ever a concern of mine. I'm back in m hometown for a bit, and I had some concerns about being back in a smaller Midwestern town versus a place like Los Angeles. But, I've never gotten any questioning, or ever a second glance from anyone while here. I feel very lucky for the hand I was dealt in life.

Beth Cyra

Old friends getting flustered by my breasts, and random dudes hitting on me when I'm out and about. I'm having way too much fun with my life right now.

Also, man, passibility is awesome. I know some people get bothered by all of that, but it was an important thing for me, and I'm already at a point of almost forgetting that was ever a concern of mine. I'm back in m hometown for a bit, and I had some concerns about being back in a smaller Midwestern town versus a place like Los Angeles. But, I've never gotten any questioning, or ever a second glance from anyone while here. I feel very lucky for the hand I was dealt in life.
Im very similar to you Shidoshi.

while this life has its ups and downs I'm happy to be how I am, and I expect to get boob comments (binder came off 1 hour ago) and I've had such good experiences overall that it really doesn't get much better then I've has it.

Doctor confirmed DD bust size for me, so that totes made my day.

mollipen

Beeteedub, if anyone wants to see a current before / after pic of me, drop me a PM. If you're someone I know, I'll send you a link.

I hate my life. Envious of you all.

I'm really sorry Ice. I try to keep in mind how lucky I am in a number of ways, from genetics to being independent to having the money to do all of this. I know not everyone has the same benefits that I do. And yet, at the same time, I'm ridiculiusly jealous of some of the other trans girls I see or know. I try not to be, but I am.

Voice training makes me want to jam a screwdriver in my eyesocket.

:/

I hate my life. Envious of you all.

I tend to avoid trans communities lately because I tend to get jealous (and then bitter and angry) towards people that are further ahead than me, or who have things that I don't, or better fortune in one area or another or whatever.

But those feelings are on me, and personally I feel that people shouldn't feel bad for where they are or for sharing positive things about their life, so I remove myself from the situation rather than expecting it to change to accommodate me. If people are getting to points where they have good things going on, or feel good about their lives or themselves, great, that's the whole point and they shouldn't temper expression of that.

e: just wanted to clarify that this wasn't intended as a dig at Ice or anything, just sharing my perspective on people sharing positive news as someone else who can get pretty envious of it

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have a question for this community and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. First, I want to congratulate Amalthea on her surgery and others on their treatments! I'm very excited for you all! ♥

I have a question about when cis-gender, straight people being mistaken for the other gender in media. In particular, this came to mind because I've been rewatching Game of Thrones to be ready for the S5 premier, and I was wondering about (mild spoiler from early S2 GoT)
Gendry knowing Arya is a girl and saying if she's not then she should whip her cock out

Is that offensive or triggering in any way? Like what if she was actually a transman but the science of the era provided no medical assistance to her? There's no way he'd know that and no way she could prove it.

I'm probably over-thinking things. I'm just trying to increase my perspective on the issue. Thanks! :)

Gendry pretty much knew that Arya was concealing her gender in order to escape trouble. What trouble he didn't know, but the comment to whip out a cock was a jest.

The books don't have any transgendered characters as far as I can remember. The books exhibit themes about the roles of genders.

We haven't really gotten into understanding Gender Dysphoria (I hope I'm using the correct term here) until recent years. Some societies were more progressive like in the America Natives which had an incomplete concept of a Two-spirit person. We don't have many records, because it may just not have been recorded, of transgendered people in Medieval Times which ASoIaF is heavily based on. Society and Religion likely would have played a part in suppressing a person from identifying as a transgendered person.

It's really late so sorry if something I wrote doesn't make sense.

Anyone here know a lot about chest binders? My SO is getting frustrated trying to measure for one and finds a lot of sizing guides too vague. They are looking into getting one from gc2b. Thanks.

I'm not really good at introductions but it's time for me to post in here, I think.

Hey, I'm Threads (names are a weird thing for me currently.) I've recently fully accepted that I'm somewhere on the MtF spectrum. I've been having problems that can be tied to my gender for as long as I remember but I never really thought about it in such a way until about two years ago (if that makes sense). The loss of a friend has pushed me to take action with various things in my life, my gender being one of them. I haven't started pretty much anything outside of not cutting my hair for a few months and letting my nails grow but I figured posting here would also be a nice step. My next goals of sorts are to possibly tell my close family and to see a therapist (preferably one that specializes in LGBTQIA patients.)

This thread has been really helpful to me in the past and I'm looking forward to posting in here sometimes from now on probably.

Also if I said or say anything iffy/offensive please tell me and I'll try to make sure to not do it again. Even writing about this is somewhat new to me and I don't want to cause any discomfort for anyone.

Kaywee

Anyone here know a lot about chest binders? My SO is getting frustrated trying to measure for one and finds a lot of sizing guides too vague. They are looking into getting one from gc2b. Thanks.

I know this isn't directly answering your question but B sized breasts can be hidden using under armor compression shirts and a vest which is a lot less painful than a binder.

I'm not really good at introductions but it's time for me to post in here, I think.

Hey, I'm Threads (names are a weird thing for me currently.) I've recently fully accepted that I'm somewhere on the MtF spectrum. I've been having problems that can be tied to my gender for as long as I remember but I never really thought about it in such a way until about two years ago (if that makes sense). The loss of a friend has pushed me to take action with various things in my life, my gender being one of them. I haven't started pretty much anything outside of not cutting my hair for a few months and letting my nails grow but I figured posting here would also be a nice step. My next goals of sorts are to possibly tell my close family and to see a therapist (preferably one that specializes in LGBTQIA patients.)

This thread has been really helpful to me in the past and I'm looking forward to posting in here sometimes from now on probably.

Also if I said or say anything iffy/offensive please tell me and I'll try to make sure to not do it again. Even writing about this is somewhat new to me and I don't want to cause any discomfort for anyone.

Welcome Threads

If I can offer some advice in how you might want to proceed. I would start with the therapist first as well as finding a local trans group in your area with whom you can meet up and talk with. Also if you are still living at home with your parents I would recommend having some emergency accommodations in place if coming out to your family doesn't go well.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey

Welcome!

Coming out to yourself is by far one of the hardest steps of them all in my opinion.

We have a couple of fairly small IRC channels that I can point to if you're looking to talk to others in a more real time fashion, ask questions and all of that, just PM me and I'll give you the information :)

Welcome Threads

If I can offer some advice in how you might want to proceed. I would start with the therapist first as well as finding a local trans group in your area with whom you can meet up and talk with. Also if you are still living at home with your parents I would recommend having some emergency accommodations in place if coming out to your family doesn't go well.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey

Hi, thanks for replying. I'm up for pretty much any and all advice because I'm just now getting started with actually making an effort with things.

The therapist thing is definitely being worked on, it's been long overdo with or without the gender situation. It's just a bit hard to find a fit with money, insurance, and such. Would you suggest bringing up gender/identity issues when making the appointment or just waiting until I'm actually attending?

I've found a group that meets in my city but it seems that I've missed the monthly meeting by a day. I'm looking forward to attending next month if it works out though.

As far as the family thing goes, I'm pretty sure things will go okay when I tell them but if for some reason they aren't I have a plan B of sorts.

Welcome!

Coming out to yourself is by far one of the hardest steps of them all in my opinion.

We have a couple of fairly small IRC channels that I can point to if you're looking to talk to others in a more real time fashion, ask questions and all of that, just PM me and I'll give you the information :)

Thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely hit you up on the offer and PM you about the IRC channels.

mollipen

At some point, simply by talking about your experiences and feelings, you'll often / cause discomfort to someone somehow. Do your best to be respectful to others, but also don't censor yourself or be untrue to who you are out of fear that you might upset someone else.

And welcome!

As for me, and my life, all I can say right now is... fuck yeah. This transitioning thing is god-damned awesome. I am so, so glad I decided to go through with it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Any of the tough times or negative aspects are outweighed by the good parts, which are ending up being better than I imagined.

To all of you younger people out there who think your life is over because you're in your early 20's and not transitioning yet, let me assure you: it's never too late. Sure, I wish I'd have done this years and years ago, because then I would have had even more time in my life to live it the way I was supposed to. When you finally get to the point that I'm at, though, you stop thinking about what you might have missed or looking behind you, and are totally focused on all of the new moments in life that suddenly exist before you.

Welcome Threads!

Thanks for the welcome! :)

At some point, simply by talking about your experiences and feelings, you'll often / cause discomfort to someone somehow. Do your best to be respectful to others, but also don't censor yourself or be untrue to who you are out of fear that you might upset someone else.

And welcome!

As for me, and my life, all I can say right now is... fuck yeah. This transitioning thing is god-damned awesome. I am so, so glad I decided to go through with it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Any of the tough times or negative aspects are outweighed by the good parts, which are ending up being better than I imagined.

To all of you younger people out there who think your life is over because you're in your early 20's and not transitioning yet, let me assure you: it's never too late. Sure, I wish I'd have done this years and years ago, because then I would have had even more time in my life to live it the way I was supposed to. When you finally get to the point that I'm at, though, you stop thinking about what you might have missed or looking behind you, and are totally focused on all of the new moments in life that suddenly exist before you.

Thanks for the welcome. The age thing is really reassuring to me currently as I've been dreading turning 21 and how long it's taken me to want to get started with things.

Thanks for the welcome. The age thing is really reassuring to me currently as I've been dreading turning 21 and how long it's taken me to want to get started with things.
Speaking up now. :)

Age 29, haven't started much. It feels a bit better for me to be considering now, with good financial support and a stronger network of friends. Also far more sorted out and at ease on several personal fronts than it was ten years ago.

I don't think there is a time that's really too late, though at 55 there might be other physical concerns to HRT. Everybody's life is different, don't force yourself to do things ahead of time.

(otoh, if you think the best time is NOW, don't be shy to act on it.)

mollipen

I'm not saying how old I am, but, yeah... you're way, way ahead of me in dealing with all of this. I think you're at the perfect point in life where you're starting to be old enough to really start having a more mature grasp of your life and what you need, and being young enough to still have so much of your life left ahead of you to enjoy things if you do transition.

Beth Cyra

Thanks for the welcome! :)

I got my first surgery last week, and I turn 31 this year, so you doing it at a great time and way ahead of the curve compared to me Threads.

Welcome and I hope that we can help and be there for you should you ever need us.

Lady Gaia

I turned 40 before taking the scary first steps of approaching HR at my employer and beginning my social transition in earnest, and I know women 20 years older than me who got their start that much later in life. It's never too late. Of course I often wished I had the courage, self knowledge, and social climate necessary to start earlier but there's no point in focusing on the past. Your present and future are what you can take control of.

Kaywee

Would you suggest bringing up gender/identity issues when making the appointment or just waiting until I'm actually attending? .

That is a personal choice you will have to make on your own and it will boil down to comfort level on your part.

For me personally it was a no, but I live in a rural area that is predominately catholic and word tends to travel fast.

mollipen

In terms of a therapist, I would try to find one that specializes in gender issues right from the start. Therapists aren't cheap, and the last thing you want to do is waste your time with someone that won't be prepared to handle what you're going through.

If you can't find one that deals in gender issues, personally, I might talk to them about why you're wanting to see them. They're going to ask anyway, and again, it's better to not waste the money for even one session if they'll be of no use to you.

But, that's me, and my take on things. Obviously, like Kaywee mentioned, there can be reasons for you to not necessarily make things known right off the bat. So, you need to decide what is best for your situation. Again, though, for me, I'd have no desire to see someone if I wasn't going to be honest with them about why I was seeing them right from the moment we started.

Really, that's what I've come to find about everything. It's usually better just to be honest about my situation and have people deal with me the way I really want, instead of being coy and mysterious and not getting the best care/treatment I could be getting.

WeWsQHo.gif

Alchemy

Big update: Unless something goes horribly wrong... I should have my legal name and gender change done June 8th. My brain is going crazy right now.

Hello people. Did not know that this thread existed. Congrats to those making progress or just getting along. I am approaching 5 months on hormones and things seem to be going well. I never imagined that hardest part of going full-time would be seeing yourself as female when so many around you (even the polite people) think that you are just a gay man.

I could not imagine how hard this would be if I was not a total shut-in to begin with.

Big update: Unless something goes horribly wrong... I should have my legal name and gender change done June 8th. My brain is going crazy right now.

Congratulations Alchemy!

Same boat here, it's really exciting yet scary.

Hello people. Did not know that this thread existed. Congrats to those making progress or just getting along. I am approaching 5 months on hormones and things seem to be going well. I never imagined that hardest part of going full-time would be seeing yourself as female when so many around you (even the polite people) think that you are just a gay man.

I could not imagine how hard this would be if I was not a total shut-in to begin with.

Welcome to the thread!

It really can be annoying but remember that it can be done and in the end if you keep showing that you are confident in yourself as a woman, even if you're shaking in your heels on the inside, people will take that and accept that.

Again, we do have a couple of IRC channels where some of us hang out and stuff so if you are interested in that just PM me :)

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I am just entering my fourth week, and am surprised by a few changes I didn't think would happen. I work in fast food, and have to stand all day, and before I started I would be able to do it fine, however now my legs just get so tired out by the end of my shift I can't wait to sit down. I also noticed my back hurting too, as well as my chest annoying me. Besides no sex drive, or morning wood. That has pretty much been it. Though I can cry easier now, and it almost happens at least once a day, my sense of smell appears to be stronger, and am enjoying that a lot.

Amalthea

Banned
I didn't notice much but my shoulders really ached for a few weeks starting HRT. Estrogen is a real muscle killer.

Recovery from my surgery is also very tiring atm., I eat much more meat and sweets than normal but still feel exhausted and my family thinks I got much thinner.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I didn't notice much but my shoulders really ached for a few weeks starting HRT. Estrogen is a real muscle killer.

Recovery from my surgery is also very tiring atm., I eat much more meat and sweets than normal but still feel exhausted and my family thinks I got much thinner.

Glad it all went ok! How are you feeling?

Kinsei

Banned
A few days ago my province changed the laws regarding changing the sex designation on your birth certificate. Now you no longer have to get SRS to get it changed!

Tired as I said but it feels good that everything is healing well and starts working as intended.

That's great to hear!

Sibylus

Banned
Welcome angryharlot and congrats Amalthea! Get well quick :)

A few days ago my province changed the laws regarding changing the sex designation on your birth certificate. Now you no longer have to get SRS to get it changed!

That's great to hear!
Hell yes! Ontario? It was changed to be like that in BC a little while back.

Lady Gaia

Congratulations! There was similar legislation proposed in my birth state of Colorado but it was recently voted down. Sigh.

Top Bottom