• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

ninj4junpei said:
I'm sorry everyone, I had a freak out. I'm okay now. I couldn't go through with it. I'm not going to post again for quite a while on GAF, just to make sure I'm not just being another attention whore.

take care of yourself. We may not know you personally but we can easily relate stories and experiences. Good too see your ok and as I said before in the other thread we don't think any lesser of you.

ShinNL

ninj4junpei said:
I'm sorry everyone, I had a freak out. I'm okay now. I couldn't go through with it. I'm not going to post again for quite a while on GAF, just to make sure I'm not just being another attention whore.
No one will think you're an attention whore whether you keep posting or not, so let's not use that as a reason for stop yourself from posting :)

Iceman

Yeah, please post anything, ninj4junpei.. even if it's about groceries... like I just tried these oreo-like cookies called Joe Joes?? they were filled with candy cane bits... They were glorious.

Rctdaemon

ninj4junpei said:
It has already been said, but please stay on GAF and please keep posting. And do not be afraid to reach out.

ninj4junpei said:
I'm glad you're ok. Stay strong. I'm sure whatever your going through is horrible, but you'll make it.

mollipen

ninj4junpei said:

Rather worry about something that doesn't happen than have it happen.

If you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm always around. Right after I post this, I'll drop you my IM info and phone number in a PM. Don't hesitate to contact me if you ever get to this point again (or just need somebody who understands your situation to talk to, or just want to chat period).

ninj4junpei said:
Glad you're fine.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Phew! Glad ninj4's okay. Was worried. :O

Keep on posting! This thread wouldn't exist if not for you. :)

Thanks again, everyone. :) I haven't looked at my PMs yet, but I will soon. A cop did show up, but luckily he trusted me that everything was alright. However, that did make me have to tell my father, and so I had a sit-down with my parents. I'm feeling okay right now, and things have calmed down. I suggested to my parents to send me to a psychiatric hospital, if they didn't trust me. I had even thought about it in the past myself. I'm already seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist, though. I'm actually being tested for ADHD tomorrow, so it will be good to know about that and get it treated as well if necessary.

Edit: There was thread for me? I guess that is where detective GAF came in to save the day. The cop even knew my name (well real name). o_O
Instigator said:
It's just a tag. Don't take it too seriously/literally.
I just saw this. :lol Don't worry, not being a man is what I want. The tag is unintentionally ironic now.

Knowing all of the attention that I caused makes me feel both good and bad. Regardless, I have a big smile on my face now. :)

Koshiba

ninj4junpei said:
Thanks again, everyone. :) I haven't looked at my PMs yet, but I will soon. A cop did show up, but luckily he trusted me that everything was alright. However, that did make me have to tell my father, and so I had a sit-down with my parents. I'm feeling okay right now, and things have calmed down.

Thank you for letting everyone know how you're doing. :) Glad everything is alright, I hope you start feeling better. I've been in some dark places recently myself so I at least know how it feels to come close. <3

Iceman said:
Just glad you're alright. How'd your parents respond (generally speaking)?
They took it well. My dad actually cried and hugged me. Needless to say, I cried too. My mother handled it well, though my dad spoke to her beforehand.

Can anyone give some specifics about the other thread? I feel I should properly thank detective GAF/EviLore. I was informed about what I wanted to know.

ninj4junpei said:
My eyes are getting teary reading this. I'm really happy you're ok. GAF as usual please.

ninj4junpei said:
They took it well. My dad actually cried and hugged me. Needless to say, I cried too. My mother handled it well, though my dad spoke to her beforehand.

Can anyone give some specifics about the other thread? I feel I should properly thank detective GAF/EviLore.

The thread was deleted, it seems, so I'm not sure how much we're supposed to discuss it. Alot of people are glad you're okay now and I'm sure you'll catch up on things if you read your PMs.

Crystalkoen

ninj4junpei said:

Can anyone give some specifics about the other thread? I feel I should properly thank detective GAF/EviLore.

I don't believe I'll get in trouble for saying this much... I hope.

Basically some people were concerned for your earlier post in this thread, a thread was made espousing said concerns, a few PMs were sent to mods/admins, EviLore responded and did some calling around based on information readily available from your posts and knowledge of the aforementioned concerned members, and you the rest, as they say, is history.

Good to see you're in good shape in the aftermath of such an event, though. I've always enjoyed coming across your posts to date.

TheRagnCajun said:
The thread was deleted, it seems, so I'm not sure how much we're supposed to discuss it. Alot of people are glad you're okay now and I'm sure you'll catch up on things if you read your PMs.
Crystalkoen said:
I don't believe I'll get in trouble for saying this much... I hope.

Basically some people were concerned for your earlier post in this thread, a thread was made espousing said concerns, a few PMs were sent to mods/admins, EviLore responded and did some calling around based on information readily available from your posts and knowledge of the aforementioned concerned members, and you the rest, as they say, is history.

Good to see you're in good shape in the aftermath of such an event, though. I've always enjoyed coming across your posts to date.
Thanks you two. Someone already filled me in.

Dead Man

ninj4junpei said:
Thanks again, everyone. :) I haven't looked at my PMs yet, but I will soon. A cop did show up, but luckily he trusted me that everything was alright. However, that did make me have to tell my father, and so I had a sit-down with my parents. I'm feeling okay right now, and things have calmed down. I suggested to my parents to send me to a psychiatric hospital, if they didn't trust me. I had even thought about it in the past myself. I'm already seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist, though. I'm actually being tested for ADHD tomorrow, so it will be good to know about that and get it treated as well if necessary.

Edit: There was thread for me? I guess that is where detective GAF came in to save the day. The cop even knew my name (well real name). o_O

I just saw this. :lol Don't worry, not being a man is what I want. The tag is unintentionally ironic now.

Knowing all of the attention that I caused makes me feel both good and bad. Regardless, I have a big smile on my face now. :)
Glad all is well. Do keep posting, too.

Boney

Banned
ninj4junpei said:

Can anyone give some specifics about the other thread? I feel I should properly thank detective GAF/EviLore. I was informed about what I wanted to know.
Basically everybody was worried sick, some thought it didn't sound that serious, but it's better to prevent and to lament, I posted an Ema gif and then Evilore and rest of detective gaf got hands on and started calling everywhere like mad men. My internet died then so that's where I got.

Well sheiiiit, then I don't tell you.

Glad everything turned out well for you, Ninj4. As someone who has dealt with depression and suicide myself I know how hopeless things can seem. What kept me alive was being very open with my parents - I had cut myself off from the rest of the world.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not a member of TransGAF but I'm just stopping by to say that were all glad your alive and have taken steps towards bettering your situation.

Remember if you ever need anything, GAF is here. There was an outpouring of support in that thread and you should know that that support will always be there. :)

Koomaster

Laguna X said:
Just wanted to say that I'm glad that you are safe.
Same here. Even tho I do not know you, been thinking on that other thread all night and have been worried. Glad to see you are safe! *hug/comfort*

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I am not a transgender person, but I had a question I wanted to ask. Is it common for a person to identify as the opposite sex but have absolutely no desire to become a transsexual? I was told this about someone and it doesn't make any sense to me personally. I would think one who was transgendered would have a deep psychological need to "correct" their physical body in line with how they feel.

I first and foremost mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone, I am just curious and know very little about the subject.

mollipen

I think there's no one "real" answer to that question. My guess is that a lot of people who are specifically dealing with the "I was born one way, feel I should have been the other" issue have every intention to go through with SRS. The further you get along the path of transitioning to the gender you identify with, the more the parts of yourself that still aren't "correct" are going to bug you, and that's certainly a huge part.

At the same time, how people identify isn't as cut and dry as that. Some people may like the idea of being a woman with a penis, for example. Some people may still enjoy the pleasure they get from the bits they have currently, or they may be afraid of the procedures they would need to go through.

I would also say that, if you run into somebody who is transitioning from one physical sex to the other, but doesn't want to get SRS, it could also be a case of them not being transgender in the sense that a lot of the people who have spoken up in this thread are. They may prefer the idea of being more androgynous (and thus not really belonging directly to either sex), or some other thing.

Cetra

It's been awhile, TransGAF. But here I am once again. I find myself missing this thread more often than not. It helped get me into a motivated head space, and keep me there.

Anyways, the news on me is that there isn't any news. Well, other than the fact that I had to stop going to therapy a few months back. My financial situation has changed and I can just no longer afford it. Hopefully things will be on the up and up and in a few months and I can get back on track. I really hope. Because, this shit is just getting to hard to deal with. To the point that it approaches creepy at time. Have no fear, I won't do anything stupid. But, the desire is there for self mutilation is there. I just want rid of the damn thing. All it really does is disgust me anymore.

In other news, WoW: Cataclysm has totally stolen any semblance of a social life. I find leveling in the new WoW to be totally awesome. (Except in Outland/Northrend zones.)

So what have has the rest of TransGAF been up to?

lexi

Banned
I keep wanting to post to update, but er, there's nothing to really update on. I'm feeling more insular from the whole 'trans' thing and just living a pretty normal life. I still have heaps of trans-stuff ahead of me, but right now, it's really not dominating my life as it once was, and I don't feel like I need to talk about it as much.

tearsofash

Thanks for bumping the thread. I was considering bumping it, but I'm a junior and didn't want to risk it.

Anyways, I've recently been trying to come to terms with certain feelings I've had my whole life. I'm not sure whether I'm this or that, or what "this or that" means in context. I put it all on the backburner a couple years ago, but something suddenly make it come back up in January while I was trying to quit smoking.

I tried to ask some folks at my school who are affiliated with the LGBT club there, but the one guy I was directed towards turned out to be an asshole before we even got a chance to talk.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am going into detail on a public forum like this, but let's just say that I've been having gender-identity issues since I can remember. It's stressing me out, and I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to react.

Stellares

Hi all.
I am a transwoman. I came out to my parents this summer and started HRT in september. I took a break this first semester and went to an online high school (I'm a senior). Now I'm back to my original high school since I was so lonely. Surprisingly things have gone well, everyone seems to accept me. I am now full time since like December.
I'm happy I transitioned, but I'm still really depressed. I feel lonely and still isolated, despite making several new friends. I don't know whats wrong with me, I want to get over this. I'm on anti-depressants and I've gone to several therapists, but I'm still very depressed. And I tend to hurt those around me at times when I am feeling down. My self-esteem is shit. Its frustrating

Well, thats my story, just wanted to drop by and voice my support to everyone else.

lexi

Banned
My self-esteem is shit. Its frustrating

I can definitely understand this. I've been experiencing this for many months now, and I guess I sort of just became numb to it. It's certainly not due to lack of people around me, I really couldn't have asked for more supportive friends / family.

I know other transwomen pin their self-esteem issues on wanting / needing surgeries or cosmetic procedures. I'm sure they may help, but I doubt that's really what the issue is here.

Stellares

As much as I'd love to have SRS, thats not really the cause of my depression. I just feel.. alone. Everyone is supportive, so its not like I've been abandoned or anything. And I don't mean alone in the sense of being transgender. I've been to many support groups and met people going through the same process I am. *sigh*

Cetra

@Tearsofash: I can relate to having a bad experience trying to reach out the local LGBT community. My first experience there was pretty terrible as well, turned out it was my last. I'd suggest finding a therapist and just talking through it with them. Regardless if they "have experience" with transgender patients or not. They likely know of a colleague that is and can direct you there. Just don't sit on those feelings any longer than you have to without seeking some sort of help.

@Stellares: I feel the same way. Being trans can be very hard to deal with because friends that aren't simply can't understand what your going through no matter how well meaning they are. Talking to other trans people can be difficult as well. On top of the complications it adds to prospective relationships and well yeah, you have a potentially lonely existence. It really doesn't have to be though. Just keep your head up and keep pluggin' along.

As far as things here in Ainsley land, things are getting very hard to deal with. I haven't been able to see my psych in months due to money being extremely tight these days. I also seem to be getting ma'am'd a lot here recently, while not even trying in the least to present in a feminine manner. While it feels good when it happens, later after the elation wears off it's terrible. I wish that was a normal everyday occurrence and it only serves to further agitate my dysphoria. It's getting to the point were it seems like transitioning now. Just say start presenting female next week regardless of how badly I know I'll pass versus death is becoming a hard decision.

I mean, being overweight all my life, I'm no stranger to being horribly mocked, but it almost seems worth enduring for a while just to be able to say fuck it and drop this facade of happy dudeliness. Either way, somethings gotta give. Mom will be in town soon, thinking Imma sit her down and have a serious talk. Show her how very real this is, and maybe she'll start taking seriously enough to help. 'Cause I just don't have the money to do this well on my own.

So yeah. Thats Ainsley Land. How's everyone else doing?

tearsofash

II CETRA II said:
@Tearsofash: I can relate to having a bad experience trying to reach out the local LGBT community. My first experience there was pretty terrible as well, turned out it was my last. I'd suggest finding a therapist and just talking through it with them. Regardless if they "have experience" with transgender patients or not. They likely know of a colleague that is and can direct you there. Just don't sit on those feelings any longer than you have to without seeking some sort of help.

I had considered going to a therapist, but the only one I can see for free is my campus therapist. I've seen them for other stuff, and given that this is the bible belt, I doubt it would go over well. I'll take you up on that regardless, it's better than nothing.

Plasmid

ninj4junpei said:
Thanks you two. Someone already filled me in.

I'm not trans at all, but reading through this has been nice.

Don't ever let anything get you down, no matter what, it's not worth it, believe me, 100%.

Nesotenso

Just had a question. does a trans person (ftm or mtf) have to take hormones for the rest of their lives ? and is such treatment covered by medical insurance in the states?

mollipen

I'll post a better response later, but for anybody new to this thread (I was wondering if any of the new crop of juniors might post in here), always know that if you need somebody to talk to at least a few of the regulars in this thread are typically happy to help. I won't speak for anybody but myself, but if either of you ever want/need to chat, drop me a PM and I'll pass you along my IM info.

Always remember that even if GAFers might act like asses and are very vengeful bitches when they want to be, that some of us will always be here for anyone that needs the help.

I didn't realize anything had happened around here, but I don't want anyone to feel like they don't have a shoulder to vent on. If there's anything I've learned it's that having just that can be what someone needs.

Being completely serious in this post. If anything is getting to anyone here just PM me. If I'm on I'll listen.

Dead Man

Thunder Monkey said:
Always remember that even if GAFers might act like asses and are very vengeful bitches when they want to be, that some of us will always be here for anyone that needs the help.

I didn't realize anything had happened around here, but I don't want anyone to feel like they don't have a shoulder to vent on. If there's anything I've learned it's that having just that can be what someone needs.

Being completely serious in this post. If anything is getting to anyone here just PM me. If I'm on I'll listen.
That always makes me nervous ;)

Cetra

tearsofash said:
I had considered going to a therapist, but the only one I can see for free is my campus therapist. I've seen them for other stuff, and given that this is the bible belt, I doubt it would go over well. I'll take you up on that regardless, it's better than nothing.

Bible Belt... I'm in the thick of that too. Tennessee sucks that way. D:

Nesotenso said:
Just had a question. does a trans person (ftm or mtf) have to take hormones for the rest of their lives ? and is such treatment covered by medical insurance in the states?

Yes we do. Some Insurance Companies do indeed cover medical needs of transgender individuals. Some don't. But the trend seems to be pointing towards all of them picking up some manner of coverage for transgender care.

shidoshi said:
I'll post a better response later, but for anybody new to this thread (I was wondering if any of the new crop of juniors might post in here), always know that if you need somebody to talk to at least a few of the regulars in this thread are typically happy to help. I won't speak for anybody but myself, but if either of you ever want/need to chat, drop me a PM and I'll pass you along my IM info.

Likewise, I'm always available to chat if needed. Never hesitate to PM. =)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
For what it's worth, the support in this thread has been pretty fantastic, and its worth sticking around.

Hey shidoshi, how goes your situation? If you dont mind me asking.

Dead Man

Thunder Monkey said:
That's just the monkey that makes you think that.

The human inside the monkey is a very different creature.
Oh, I know that, but damn does that monkey make me nervous!

Edit: And yeah, for anyone else that doesn't know Monkey, he's alright.

I'm pretty new to the board and while I'm not trans, I am inspired by the stories in this thread so I thought I'd just come in and say hi.

Hi.

I've traveled quite a bit and I've lived in a variety of countries where transgendered people are treated terribly, publicly forced into begging on the streets of underdeveloped and impoverished nations with little to no legal rights. It's pretty heart breaking stuff and while lives might be better protected in the developed world, attitudes are still shockingly backwards.

Stay strong transgaf. I'll continue visiting this thread as long as there are updates. ^^

Nesotenso

II CETRA II said:
Yes we do. Some Insurance Companies do indeed cover medical needs of transgender individuals. Some don't. But the trend seems to be pointing towards all of them picking up some manner of coverage for transgender care.
Thanks for answering my question. Not transgendered myself, but was just wondering. is there recommended dosage for hormone treatment ?

Top Bottom