• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Nishastra

Banned
For a long time, I think you couldn't even post "OPA" here. I remember it being censored out.

There's several GAF splinter-forums, but they seem the most... bad. I'm kinda amazed that they still bother, but I know they were attacking the GAF TinyChat not long ago.

xelios said:
Also if any of you had SOs at the time, how did they feel about it? I'm wondering what my bf will think.
It... did not go well with my SO at the time. Yeep. It was doomed from the start: she is straight and she knew I was trans and thinking about transitioning when me met. We were just so fucking hot for each other... :)

She recently admitted that she's kind of attracted to me now and doesn't know what to do with that. Weird world.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You know what, since I'm back home and drunk and as we all know alcohol makes people tell the truth, or rather in vino veritas as the sages used to say I'm gonna go and be honest about this whole thing.

I think you guys/gals are weird. Really, I can't get it. It's weird. But you know what? I've had some serious issues myself that make me weird too! (and I'm not talking about the whole nerdy-dorky social weirdo that's so prevalent on GAF, I'm talking about weirdness coming from a real, biologically demonstrable origin which as far as I understand that's how it works for you people too) So the real lesson in here is that the modern socio-political system with its flaws and its problem is great enough that it allows us all to be weird in our own way; even if we don't understand each other weirdness, we respect each other, because that's what it's all about.

Best of wishes, peace out.

mollipen

I've given up on taking girly photos of myself until I can laser the holy hell out of my face, but if anybody wants to see guy me with my ridiculously awesome hair drop me a PM and I'll link you to pics (since it seems to be photo sharing hour).

Edit: Feel free to post comments / mocking of me here in the thread. That part I don't mind one bit. *laughs*

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
shidoshi said:
I've given up on taking girly photos of myself until I can laser the holy hell out of my face, but if anybody wants to see my ridiculously awesome hair drop me a PM and I'll link you to pics (since it seems to be photo sharing hour).

haha yeah sorry, I was just trying to get an idea of what I would look like. Didn't mean to spam the thread. I edited and think I decided on blond though...

I sent you a PM.

lexi

Banned
As far as drunk posting on GAF, you could have done a lot worse. But, obligatory.
Bitmap Frogs said:
that's how it works for you people too
PiLci.jpg

shidoshi said:
I've given up on taking girly photos of myself until I can laser the holy hell out of my face, but if anybody wants to see my ridiculously awesome hair drop me a PM and I'll link you to pics (since it seems to be photo sharing hour).
Laser-Show.jpg

xelios

shidoshi -- nice hair!

Wish mine was that long so I didn't have to shop it on my face to get a feel.

shidoshi said:
laser the holy hell out of my face
Gah, I need to finish laser. I keep meaning to find a new clinic now I'm in london and then IMPORTANT STUFF happens -- or, as is the case tonight, attempting a bizarre words with friends-based drunken competition with the partner -- and I forget. I'm so rubbish.

Nishastra

Banned
alysonwheel said:
Gah, I need to finish laser. I keep meaning to find a new clinic now I'm in london and then IMPORTANT STUFF happens -- or, as is the case tonight, attempting a bizarre words with friends-based drunken competition with the partner -- and I forget. I'm so rubbish.
Sounds like the most important stuff ever!

lexi

Banned
alysonwheel said:

Isn't the idea that you never 'finish' laser? That's the impression I get from my laser girl. I'm quite happy with the results I've had with laser, but I think I may just electroshock the remaining little assholes.

Nishastra said:
Sounds like the most important stuff ever!
I scored 66 points with "Finch". We decided I've won something but I'm not sure what yet
Lexi said:
Isn't the idea that you never 'finish' laser? That's the impression I get from my laser girl.
I think so yes. I've had like three sessions ever and while it was really great afterwards they were also really spread out. 31 and still shaving is rubbish. I just need to throw a bunch of money at it and zap whatever's left over after

So step 2: get a bunch of money

edit: actually this has reminded me I was going to try and wangle laser out of the nhs again since I've moved PCTs. must write that down. also drink less wine

xelios

alysonwheel said:
So step 2: get a bunch of money

I might already be a girl if I had that. It takes a lot of money to look hot for most (transitioning).

Jintor

Jealous of you guys/girls. I'm kind of curious about the whole deal, but I'm pretty sure I'm not curious enough to actually consider doing anything about it. It's kind of like the difference between "I wonder what it'd be like" and "I feel wrong".

Good luck.

xelios

I have a hypothetical . Say if I was to leave my boyfriend (if he didn't accept it): I wonder if it's okay to look/dress female but still be male (keep your parts)? I am not sure I would want to go through with the actual surgery.

But would anyone want me? Or are you doomed to be alone in a situation like that.

xelios said:
I have a hypothetical . Say if I was to leave my boyfriend (if he didn't accept it): I wonder if it's okay to look/dress female but still be male (keep your parts)? I am not sure I would want to go through with the actual surgery.

But would anyone want me? Or are you doomed to be alone in a situation like that.

I doubt you'd be alone. There are lots of guys that like guys who dress as girls. But you would have to be very careful about it, and be very upfront.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
AceBandage said:
I doubt you'd be alone. There are lots of guys that like guys who dress as girls. But you would have to be very careful about it, and be very upfront.
So there is still a chance for me :O

Maybe I'll post pictures after I get my haircut. I've been putting off looking pretty(I hope) for far too long.

xelios

AceBandage said:

Yeah, of course.

For the one night I was a girl I feel I liked myself better (a lot better) and I liked the attention I got. That has sparked all the wondering, but maybe it's just a phase or for the wrong reasons. I don't know how you find out for real.

tiff said:
I wonder for how many it's a fetish and how many would be willing to actually have a relationship, though.

Is that really any different than a majority of relationships, though?
They so often start out as some kind of weird infatuation.

Zozobra

I just found out today that a girl I work with is transgender. Well before I knew about this I had become very attracted to her; she shares many of the same interests as me, we get along really well and she's a good looking girl. I've got to be honest that it was a bit of a mindfuck to find this out about her - to have feelings for someone like that, and then the whole situation kind of gets flipped on its head. I'm kind of at a loss as to what to think about it, because I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to her anymore, in fact, I find myself strangely aroused by the whole thing - the problem is that she still has a penis (as is my understanding), and I'm pretty sure I can't do without a vagina.

Not much of a point to my post other than I just needed to tell someone about it because it's weighing on my mind. It's not really something I can casually discuss with people I know, mainly for the sake of her privacy.

xelios said:

I've dated a non-op trans woman before, and I know she rarely lacked for partners. I know there are many who are attracted to that, though unfortunately the way that attraction can be expressed is not always respectful, and even when respectful, often confines itself to quick flings instead of lasting relationships. My ex was perfectly happy, though she's pretty much ideally suited to such conditions: in the BDSM community where people for obvious reasons tend to be more open-minded, poly, and preferring short-term relationships. On my end, I'm a bi guy with a thing for androgyny, I'd be perfectly comfortable in a long-term relationship with such a person (hell, my ex and I broke up be ause I wanted it more serious than she wanted it) and I know I'm not alone.

xelios

Amibguous Cad said:
I've dated a non-op trans woman before, and I know she rarely lacked for partners. I know there are many who are attracted to that, though unfortunately the way that attraction can be expressed is not always respectful, and even when respectful, often confines itself to quick flings instead of lasting relationships. My ex was perfectly happy, though she's pretty much ideally suited to such conditions: in the BDSM community where people for obvious reasons tend to be more open-minded, poly, and preferring short-term relationships. On my end, I'm a bi guy with a thing for androgyny, I'd be perfectly comfortable in a long-term relationship with such a person (hell, my ex and I broke up be ause I wanted it more serious than she wanted it) and I know I'm not alone.

Thanks. I'm not one who's into being degraded, BDSM, short-term flings etc. so that's a bit off putting, but I suppose those things exist in any pairing. For now I'm just a typical, androgynous twink, but some day I may blossom, so it's nice to know there would be people out there interested in a long-term relationship if my current one didn't hold up to it.

mollipen

Zozobra said:
Not much of a point to my post other than I just needed to tell someone about it because it's weighing on my mind. It's not really something I can casually discuss with people I know, mainly for the sake of her privacy.

So, what were your initial reactions to finding that out? And be honest, because I think it's interesting. Was there any disgust that you felt over finding that out about somebody you had attraction to?

Also, how did that change your opinion of her? Before that, did she look, act, smell (?), everything else like a woman? Did anything chance about how and what you noticed after you found out that fact? Did you start to notice things that made you think, "Oh yeah, I should have know that."

Zozobra

shidoshi said:
So, what were your initial reactions to finding that out? And be honest, because I think it's interesting. Was there any disgust that you felt over finding that out about somebody you had attraction to?

Also, how did that change your opinion of her? Before that, did she look, act, smell (?), everything else like a woman? Did anything chance about how and what you noticed after you found out that fact? Did you start to notice things that made you think, "Oh yeah, I should have know that."

Honestly? There was the intial "No way! Really?" reaction to it, but I can't say I was disgusted that I was attracted to her, just... confused I guess. I'm 100% supportive of people being transgender and I'm quite comfortable with my sexuality, so I feel that negates any sort of guilt (for lack of a better term) that I might have.

As odd as it may seem, I feel a lot more comfortable around her now, maybe because I don't feel the same sexual tension I did before? I dunno. In any case, I suppose in hindsight there were some things that maybe should have tipped me off, but not to the point that I'd think she was transgender. She does have what I would consider a very feminine boy's body, if that makes any sense - narrower hips and not much of an ass, but she has great, natural-looking boobs. She also has a pretty raspy voice, but that's one of the things I find most attractive about her.

Amalthea

Banned
Zozobra said:
I'd say probably not. I mean, there's part of me that wants to, but on a physical level I think I need there to be a vagina involved.

Yeah, take it easy and look how it develops (no pun intended).

Platy

Zozobra said:
As odd as it may seem, I feel a lot more comfortable around her now, maybe because I don't feel the same sexual tension I did before? I dunno.

Don't feel the same sexual tension ?
Really ?
Not because she was totaly open about something that she hates and don't want to anybody knows ?
Not because she gave you her trust ?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Platy said:
Don't feel the same sexual tension ?
Really ?
Not because she was totaly open about something that she hates and don't want to anybody knows ?
Not because she gave you her trust ?
What do these points have to do with sexual tension now? Am I missing something?

Platy

Nothing .... i'm just saying that feeling more confortable around a person usualy means that you feel closer to the person instead of ...less aroused by then =P

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So my boyfriend and I finally split after trying long-distance and it just really not working out.

But I know I'm gonna have a really really hard time finding anyone 'cause I'm trans and picky and terrible with meeting people.

</livejournal>

xelios

Charron said:
So my boyfriend and I finally split after trying long-distance and it just really not working out.

But I know I'm gonna have a really really hard time finding anyone 'cause I'm trans and picky and terrible with meeting people.

</livejournal>

I'm sorry to hear that. You will find someone. There are lots of fishes in the sea who are down with dating trans, like me. :)

Seth C

shidoshi said:
I've given up on taking girly photos of myself until I can laser the holy hell out of my face, but if anybody wants to see guy me with my ridiculously awesome hair drop me a PM and I'll link you to pics (since it seems to be photo sharing hour).

Edit: Feel free to post comments / mocking of me here in the thread. That part I don't mind one bit. *laughs*

I can attest to his luxurious hair.

Hop

xelios said:
I'm sorry to hear that. You will find someone. There are lots of fishes in the sea who are down with dating trans, like me. :)

Oh, it's okay, it's not a huge downgrade or anything. And I know there's options, just... how many are local/compatible/attractive and how the hell do I find 'em? That's my real problem.

xelios

Welp, I seriously learned my lesson about posting pics in this thread.

@Charron: What's the population where you live?

Hop

xelios said:
Welp, I seriously learned my lesson about posting pics in this thread.

@Charron: What's the population where you live?

:( about pics. I don't post any just 'cause I think I'm ugly as hell, but those kinds of worries keep coming up.

Population in the city proper is a quarter million, but the overall metro area is over a million.

Top Bottom