• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor |OT| Super Giant Sword

Zafir

Yeah, I've been getting that exact same issue. Really random, sometimes it can go for ages without doing it, and other times it does it often.

Other than that I'm liking it, more so than Bastion even.

Ark

Downloading the game now on Steam. Was going to buy it later this week but jumped on it now since the reviews & impressions are glowing.

doomquake

woah..after some time i started getting short freezes in the game until it was unplayable and i had to quit..and this is on a ridiculously beastly workstation.

Shiokazu

hmm i just have a question, we have like, two moves i dont know what they are for, first is flourish, and then humming.

i love to press the humming button and stop to listen for a while, but is there a practical function? i just dont want to be missing anything :(

and then theres that other one where Red throws the transistor up then catches it back, what is that for?

Grief.exe

hmm i just have a question, we have like, two moves i dont know what they are for, first is flourish, and then humming.

i love to press the humming button and stop to listen for a while, but is there a practical function? i just dont want to be missing anything :(

and then theres that other one where Red throws the transistor up then catches it back, what is that for?

Just for fun.

I've had the pausing myself. Audio carries on.. just the picture holds for a second or two then carries on. Very odd.

This has happened to me more as I've gotten further into the game. In the first two hours it happened once, and 70 minutes after that it's hapened a half dozen or so times.

As others have said, it's annoying; I keep suspecting the game will hardlock every time it pauses.

I've played the PS4 version for about 2 hours, haven't had any freezing or anything like that.

So how do I exit the game on PS4... just close application? There's no option to save or quit.

Yeah, that's what I do. It loads back up to the last access point or newest area you've reached, including exiting the trial rooms.

Vitor711

This has happened to me more as I've gotten further into the game. In the first two hours it happened once, and 70 minutes after that it's hapened a half dozen or so times.

As others have said, it's annoying; I keep suspecting the game will hardlock every time it pauses.

Same issue here on PC.

More annoyingly, the game is constantly tearing. However, it does so right at the top of the screen so it's not overly noticeable. That being said, whenever the camera pans in a cutscene, it's easier to pick out as your eyes will gravitate towards the flicker when you're not in control. No V-Sync option in the game either. Will try forcing it via nvidia control panel but that's always temperamental with mobile GPUs.

kasavin

@kasavin - Any chance of adding more graphics options later?

The game is all 2D so the typical FPS-style graphics options are not super relevant. That said, we'll be monitoring what folks are looking for in the Steam forum and whatnot so if there were certain things you wanted or expected on the graphics front it doesn't hurt to ask in there (can't promise anything of course).

Mikey Jr.

So, I just played for like 2 hours, even though I supposed to play for half an hour only.

It can get tough as well. Damn. When you finish the freeze time mode and you're out in the open, thats when you can get fucked. Gotta remember that.

Awesome game so far. That main song though. Holy shit. Goosebumps.

Grief.exe

The game is all 2D so the typical FPS-style graphics options are not super relevant. That said, we'll be monitoring what folks are looking for in the Steam forum and whatnot so if there were certain things you wanted or expected on the graphics front it doesn't hurt to ask in there (can't promise anything of course).

Going to the Steam Forums leeches years off of your life expectancy.

Wouldn't texture filtering (AF) and AA still benefit the game even with the 2D assets? I'm guessing the latter is present, just not seen in the options.

This upgrade system is amazing, I think I'm gonna have to replay this quite a bit. Current setup is Crash (default), that beam/snipe ability which I'm blanking on right now, the ricochet ability with explosive upgrade, and Jaunt with the Sparks upgrade. Great stuff guys, enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, and I already loved Bastion.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I thought the upgrade system at first glance was pretty shallow.

"Ohh, only 4 slots at a time. That kinda sucks..."

"Wait, you can combine skills? But theres a ton of them....... DEAR GOD"

edit: Playing PS4 version. Running perfectly so far.

Seda

Yeah, I thought the upgrade system at first glance was pretty shallow.

"Ohh, only 4 slots at a time. That kinda sucks..."

"Wait, you can combine skills? But theres a ton of them....... DEAR GOD"

And then you
start getting skill duplicates

Ryne

I love being stupidly flashy and zipping everywhere while laying out bombs or slashing.

Too bad my computer can't handle it even though I beat the minimum specs.

LTWheels

When the game transitions to a new screen, the screen goes back and you can still hear the sound.

Alt-Tabing fixes it, but I have to do it every time...

Jigolo

Sounds good so far. Will be popping in this thread for the next 3 days to see the general GAF consensus. I'm sure most GAffers would have beaten the game by then.

The game will explain. Be patient

Lemondish

Another voice chiming in on the PS4 version - playing brilliantly so far, no problems to report.

At least, no problems in regards to performance or freezing. I will report the problem that this game is too damn addicting and I fear I'll be playing it the rest of the night.

I'm really liking the voice through the controller speaker, too. I liked it in Stick it to the Man, but this just feels even better.

Jesb

This soundtrack is amazing. Played about an hour or so and it's another great game in their resume. I'd love to see what these guys can do under a bigger budget.

DNAbro

I'm only a little ways in but holy crap I'm loving it. I could just sit here and listen to the music for such a long time. Gameplay it leagues above Bastion. Completely blowing me away so far.

AHA-Lambda

Ok, I think I'm definitely having save issues. I booted up the game again after getting off the bike for the first time and the game put me back at the first access point instead of where I was. wtf?

Is anyone else having save issues? Anyone know where the saves are stored locally?

Was planning on buying this on PC but it looks like Ill wait on the bugs to be ironed out.

I just finished the game on PC. I got black screens a few times and I'd have to alt-tab to get it back and then it froze a couple times as well but it then looked like it got an update and didn't get any more issues after that. P.S took me
hours to beat according to Steam but I definitely did not do everything

Shiokazu

Just for fun.

they added that just for fun?

tumblr_m1dkohEsbk1r00g3do1_r1_500.gif

GOTY masterpiece of the decade.

and im not even kidding.

Saganator

Just beat the first boss. Just want to say I <3 this game. Anyone who grew up playing games before they started trying to be interactive movies will really appreciate this game.

Just beat the first boss. Just want to say I <3 this game. Anyone who grew up playing games before they started trying to be interactive movies will really appreciate this game.
And the best part is it still has better writing than a lot of recent cinematic blockbusters.

coldfoot

Banned
Everything about this game looks awesome except for the stupid programming references. I really dislike the "hacking inside a computer world" paradigm, and how your powers are open paran-close paran, etc. I'd like this game a lot more if it were a fantasy setting.

Top Bottom